Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas Wish ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Ken Akamatsu owns Negima
 
 
'Cause she's so high
High above me, she's so lovely
She's so high, like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite
She's so high, high above me
 
 
`Has she been secretly working out?' Setsuna wondered as she was pulled through the streets of Mahora. Konoka stopped in front of her dorm room. Flashing the nervous samurai a smile, she opened the door then pushed Setsuna inside before closing the door behind them. The room was dark with soft rays of light pouring through the small cracks in the curtains. “Ojousama, what-“ Konoka pushed the poor girl causing Setsuna to trip and fall backward into the soft comfort of the sofa.
Setsuna felt the cushion sink next to her. “Set-chan, I have a really huge favor to ask of you.” Konoka sat on her knees facing the confused half-demon while holding Setsuna's hands in her own. Her eyes were glassy and full of emotion. Setsuna feared what type of favor Konoka had up her sleeve. Knowing her lack of control around this emotional and overly affectionate girl, she knew that she held little chance of saying no.
Not trusting her voice, Setsuna remained silent as Konoka's face seemed to move closer. “You know how I was elected to be in charge of the activities for the Christmas festival?' Setsuna nodded, “Well, I thought of this great idea, but I need your help to make it a success.” Konoka's smile brightened as she leaned closer to the samurai, who was leaning away. “I thought that for this festival, we should have a Santa stand.”
Not fully understanding why Konoka seemed desperate for her help, Setsuna licked her dry lips. “Okay? So, you need me to help with the completion of the set?”
“Yes, but that isn't the only part I need your help with. You will play a huge part in the festival.” Konoka breathed in excitement.
“What do you need my help with?” Setsuna still felt confused.
“I have no one to play…Santa, and I thought you would fit the role perfectly.” Setsuna's eyes became dish plate size and her mouth fell agape.
“You want me to play Santa? I don't think so, Ojousama, there has got to be a better person fit for the role.”
“No! I want you to play the role.” She furrowed her brows in determination.
“But why do you want me to play Santa?”
“Because, I honestly believe you would make an adorable Santa, and I want to see you dressed up as one.” Setsuna sweatdropped then sighed in defeat.
`Why can't I ever deny this woman anything?' Setsuna boldly stared into warm hazel eyes. She felt her heart increase in beat and the bump in her coat pocket seemed more noticeable to her. Konoka had a Cheshire cat grin knowing she won. Squealing in delight, she ran toward closet.
The shuffling of clothing reached Setsuna's ears. `Don't tell me…' She paled when Konoka appeared with a red costume in her hands. `She did.' A look of pure fear appeared in her eyes as Konoka neared with a frightening smile. Setsuna knew she was doomed.
 
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
 
Thirty minutes later and Setsuna's face matched the color of her costume. “Ojousama..” She pleaded.
“Hold your pose, Set-chan.” Setsuna was wearing the entire Santa suit holding a red, velvet bag full of wrapped gifts over her shoulder. Setsuna stared at her discarded clothing on the sofa. The box's corner was sticking out from the opening of her coat pocket. Alarm flooded through her senses. She began to make a move toward her clothes when Konoka blocked her path.
“Where do you think you're going? We aren't done yet; I'm not sure that your costume is perfect. I thought I knew all your measurements.” She cradled her chin with her right fist while her right elbow rests on her left arm. She tilted her head to the side as she studied the blushing and fidgeting samurai.
“Ojousama, I need to check something.” She kept her eyes on her coat pocket. Konoka followed Setsuna's line of sight.
“I'll get it for you.” To Setsuna's horror, Konoka walked over to the coat bending down.
Konoka's hand gingerly reached out for the box as a scream pierced the air. “WAIT!” Setsuna jumped for the coat and snatched it in time. She rolled across the floor like a hero saving a kitten from oncoming traffic.
“Set-chan?” Confused, Konoka stared at her friend in shock, “What's wrong?”
“Umm, I just realized that…well…my coat pocket was..umm..torn and any mishandling would completely rip it and this coat was a special gift.” Setsuna mentally slapped herself for the pathetic stammered excuse.
“Set-chan, if it's that torn up, I can mend it for you.”
“Umm, it's okay. I can do it. Besides, I can't have you doing work under your station; you're father wouldn't be too happy.” Setsuna realized too late that she said the wrong thing. Konoka's face darkened as quiet anger poured onto her features.
“Set-chan, hand me your coat.” Her voice was calm but her tone told the samurai that now was not to time to object. Setsuna swallowed as she inched her fingers toward the coat pocket. A sexy, debonair smile lit Setsuna's lips in hopes to douse the mage's anger as she shrunk away from Konoka's heated glare. She managed to push the box further down the pocket as she backed away from the healer and toward the door. “Set-chan.” Konoka's voice was soft but spoke volumes. Wincing, Setsuna fumbled for the door handle.
“I realized I have to go meet your grandfather. I shouldn't keep him waiting.” She let out a nervous laugh. Konoka gave Setsuna a warning look. “I'll uhh..see you later.” With a quick bow, Setsuna grasped the door handle and darted out of the room like a whirlwind. Konoka frowned. Her eyes reflecting a deep sadness as Setsuna disappeared. She reached down to Setsuna's forgotten clothes, holding them tenderly to her chest.
 
Setsuna ran as if the fires of Hell were behind her. She knew that Konoka wasn't following her, but she had to get as far away as she could. Stopping herself behind the dormitory building, she pressed her back against the cool brick wall. Clenching her fists in anger, she slid down. `I was almost caught. I am such an idiot! She must hate me now. I can't believe I lied twice to her; I am not looking forward to our next meeting.' She sighed. Looking down she realized she still was wearing the costume. Quickly standing up, she set her coat on the snow-covered ground and peeled off the Santa jacket. Turning it around, grains of brick, snow, and dirt combined on the back of the jacket. `Great, now I dirtied up the costume.' Her depressed thoughts caused her shoulders to haunch.
With downcast eyes, Setsuna slowly made her way back into the dorms and headed for her room. Luckily, she didn't encounter anyone. She changed into other clothes and laid the Santa costume on her bed. `What am I going to do now? Ojousama isn't going to be too happy when she finds out I've dirtied up the suit.' She turned her attention to her coat pocket, where the root of her trouble lay.
Glaring, she reached in to grab the box when she felt nothing. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she felt around. `I guess it must be in the other pocket.' She examined the other and yet no box. Her eyebrows rose to such a degree they almost disappeared behind her bangs. She rechecked each pocket then checked the Santa suit. The box was nowhere to be seen!
 
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
 
Somewhere lying in the snow, a black box rested on the soft powdery surface. The feet of several students and teachers racing about for the preparations of the Christmas festival covered the black box with walls of snow upon it. Seemingly forgotten and unnoticed, the box was almost buried underneath the white substance.
A pair of white boots stopped in front of it. The black color catching the owner's eyes from the snow easily. Kneeling down, a hand reached out grabbing the box. The person dusted the snow off before flipping it around to find a name. Finding none, the person opened the lid and inside engraved on the item stood a name the person knew well. Konoka Konoe.