Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Makie's Revenge ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Makie’s Revenge
Chapter 9

Nodoka started to run out of Library Island and headed to the bathhouse.  She hid behind the changing screen and started to hyperventilate. “Yue and Haruna have been acting strange,” she thought, “What’s gotten into them?  First I heard about Mistress Makie and now they want me to join their coalition.  What is wrong with this school now?” She remembered what happened earlier at Library Island: Haruna restrained Nodoka’s arm, while Yue was about to place the O.B. chip on her.  However, Nodoka started to shriek and kick the chip off of her hand.  Nodoka made a run for it, but Haruna and Yue went after her. “Stop her!”  Haruna cried. “We must obtain her for Mistress Makie!”  Yue shouted. Nodoka shrieked, “Leave me alone!!!” She ran around the aisles of bookshelves, trying to lose them, but could not escape.  She dashed off and hid behind a bookshelf.  Haruna and Yue tried to find Nodoka, but couldn’t locate her.  Nodoka, who was located on the other side of the bookcase, had an idea.  She tried to topple the bookshelf onto them, but couldn’t; but the books that were in it started to fall onto Haruna & Yue.  She failed at stopping them, but it worked, when the books fell.  They were knocked out cold; Nodoka escaped through the entranceway. “Yue!  Haruna!  I don’t know what happened, but I have to go find some help!” She whimpered. Just then, a girl with a yellow Kung Fu uniform appeared from behind.  It was Fei Ku, under control of Makie. “I found you!  I found you!”  She called in a robotic voice, “I found you!” Nodoka jumped up and ran off.  Fei Ku tried to follow her, but slipped on a bar of soap.  A tactical error for Fei Ku, since she now lost Nodoka’s trail.   Later, Nodoka hid in the bathroom, hoping that they would never find her there.  She was very exhausted.  She got out and went to the nurse’s office. A small girl, who is dressed as a nurse said, “Please lay down.  I shall give you your temperature in a moment.” “Oh, thank you,” Nodoka smiled. She rested on the bed and fell asleep.  But she was waking up, since the nurse shook her a bit. “Miss Miyazaki, wake up,” the nurse said, “I checked your temperature, and I see that it is in need of some extra curing.” “Oh, no… what does that mean?”  Nodoka asked. The nurse said, “It doesn’t make a difference.  Now here, I’ll help you wear this tag and it’ll make you feel better.” She then held her arm and pulled out a microchip. “This won’t hurt a bit,” the nurse, who turned out to be Ako Izumi, said robotically. Nodoka noticed the girl and dived out of the window.  She landed on her knees and scurried away. “Located Nodoka!”  Ako called out the window, “Pursuit!  Pursuit!”

Meanwhile, at the Tea Club… “Yes, I understand,” Evangeline said, as she got the call on the phone from Satomi, “You sure you are not running late with the order?” Satomi answered back inaudibly. “Okay, I’ll tell her.  One second.” “Who was it, master?”  Chachamaru asked, while she was making tea. “It’s that science geek; she said that the O.B. chip is still on delay,” Eva said. “Oh, that won’t be necessary anymore,” Chachamaru declared, “I have been waiting for two weeks now, and I grew impatient, as what these humans often do.” She finished the tea. “Master, may I have the phone?” “Okay, robot.  But make it quick!  You’ve already used my anytime minutes!” Chachamaru talked on the phone, “Miss Satomi, I wish to receive the chip, but not anymore.  I’m used to obeying my master without it anyway.” … “Yes, I understand.  Forgive me.  Goodbye.” She hung up. “So?” “Master, your tea is getting cold,” she said, as she gave the tea to Evangeline. “Don’t change the subject, robot!!!” Eva drank the tea and thought, “Still, Satomi sounded a bit like Chacha.  I wonder if all that inventing got into her big-brained head.”

Hours later, Nodoka hid behind the statue in the courtyard.  She was very exhausted and very terrified.  She then remembered the classroom.  She decided to go there, but she needed to find herself a disguise.  She rushed over the Drama Club and tried to get a disguise. When she got there, she was greeted by Misora Kasuga, who has not been under the influence of Makie. “Nodoka! Breathe!  What’s wrong?”  She asked. Nodoka gasped, “I… I need… disguise… Yue… Haruna… Ako… Zombies… Mistress…” “Easy!  Calm down!”  Misora said, “Speak clearly, please.” “It’s Yue & Haruna!  They’re all zombies!”  She screamed, “And everyone is after me!” “Oh?  That’s bad; and all because of this Mistress Makie that Ako, Akira, and Yuna were talking about.” “Huh?  How did you know about Mistress Makie?” “Oh, I have ways.  Well, come on!  Let’s find you a disguise.  It’ll help you get back to your dorm room.” “But I don’t need to go back.  I have to get to the classroom and warn the others… or what’s left of our class.” Nodoka went into the costume trunk and found a giant chupacabra costume.  She put it on and stepped out of the door. “Thanks, Misora, I’ll be able to fool those girls,” she said. Just then, Akira Okochi arrived with a chip in her hand. “Who was that?”  She asked. “Oh, nobody,” Misora replied, “So, did you get the item?” “You bet!  This Mistress Makie is a great girl!  I look forward to being her follower!” Akira presented Misora with the O.B. chip and planted it on her palm. “It may sting a bit, but at least I am one of them!”  She squealed in glee. Oh, no!  It seems that Misora has become a follower… or is the correct word “Slave”?

“Whoa!  Hold up!”  Ayaka cried, “You mean, Kazumi the shutterbug reporter, tempted you to obtain that?” Sayo then responded, “Yes.  Why?” “Get rid of it!  That’s an O.B. chip!”  Setsuna yelled, “If you get implanted by it, you’ll be a mindless slave!” “See-Chan is right!”  Konoka cried, “She and I experienced this danger before, but Asuna and Ayaka saved us.” “Trust me, Sayo, you cannot use it,” Ayaka suggested, “If the command goes like this, “Sayo!  Activate!”, you could become Makie’s slave!” Sayo gasped, “Then, when Kazumi said that… then…” “Unfortunately, you’re a ghost,” Asuna said, “So, it won’t work on you.” “Whew!  That’s a relief,” Sayo smiled. She then told them about a mysterious enigma, known as Mistress Makie.  Sayo heard it over from Fei Ku & the Narutaki twins, who were controlled by Makie. “I believe we’ve found out what happened to Makie now…” Asuna said. “It’s all making sense,” Setsuna continued, “Makie was captured by Satomi, and she was controlling her this whole time…” Konoka continued, “That means Satomi is the real mastermind!” “NO!  You idiots!!!”  Ayaka screamed, “It was like Makie wanted to surrender!  But why?” They all were confused.  It seems that Makie has plotted her next move, and they didn’t know. Hours later, Nodoka, in a chupacabra costume, snuck in the classroom.  Asuna was shocked, seeing a chupacabra. “WHOA!  Someone waltzed in wearing that horrid costume!”  Ayaka sneered. Asuna pulled out her net and captured the chupacabra. “Hey!  Wait!  It’s me!!!”  Nodoka screamed. “Bookworm?”  She gasped. “Oh, boy…”  Konoka said. “What are you doing here?”  Setsuna asked. “It’s a long story; Yue and Haruna were acting strange, and they wanted me to join some cult,” she explained, “So, I ran.  But then there was Ako and Fei Ku.  They tried to capture me.” Ayaka and Asuna were in anger, knowing who was responsible. “Tell me, Nodoka,” Ayaka asked, “Who controlled them?” “Uh… well… actually, I don’t know,” Nodoka replied, “But from what I hear, it’s some girl called “Mistress Makie, Rose Red”.  Yeah, I think that’s it.” “Mistress…”  Ayaka thought. “Makie?”  Asuna thought. Setsuna then had a shuddering thought.  “It’s worse than I thought!”

Meanwhile, at the deep forest, Makie, dressed in her Mistress attire, addresses the masses, which is all twenty-two of the girls of class 3-A (Excluding Asuna, Ayaka, Konoka, Setsuna, Chachamaru, Evangeline, Sayo, Nodoka, & herself) in complete control, all dressed in red jumpsuits. “My minions!”  She bellowed, “I welcome you to the meeting of the Rose Red’s army!  From here on, I shall refer to you as my Roses!  I, Mistress Makie, have summoned, nay, recruited you to capture the one and only person I want you to capture for me:  Ayaka Yukihiro!” She showed a picture of Ayaka, and every girl started to boo at it. “Yes, my minions!  Hiss at her!  Throw raw eggs at her body!  She has eluded me from my grasp!  But now, I summon each and every one of you girls from my class to make sure she doesn’t escape again.  Whoever can catch her first, I shall give you a prize… if I can get it, though.  STILL… capture Ayaka and bring her to me, for I will have my REVENGE!” Yuna raised her hand and asked, “What shall you do with Class Rep, Master?” Makie answered, “Well, I plan to make her one of my fellow Roses!  Maybe, I’ll make her my second-in-command!” All the girls booed at her. “Alright, alright!  I’ll make her a lowlife, low-level grunt!  But that’s as low as it goes!” Zazie raised her hand and called out, “Master, I prefer to make her a high-level groan!” Mana added, “Negative 50 points.” Zazie remarked, “I obey Makie, though I tried my best on that remark.” “No more stupid levity!”  Makie shouted, “Are there any questions before we go to battle?” A lone hand rose up.  It was Motsu’s. “Yes, are you sure you want to go out in that frightening attire?  No way is my daughter going out in that!” Makie smiled at Motsu.  She then summoned Lingshen. “Lingshen!  Dispose of that amphibian!”  She bellowed. “WHAT?  NO WAY!!!”  Motsu screamed. All the girls grabbed onto Motsu and chucked him up in the air. “LOOK!!!  I CAN SEE SHIMICHI FROM HEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!”  He screamed from up in the air, and disappeared in the stars. “Now, if there are no further questions, it is time to go into battle!”  She called. Sakurako, Misa, and Madoka stepped in and did their cheer. “Mistress Makie!  She’s the best! Mistress Makie!  She’s the best! Mistress Makie!  Our leader forever! We love her; and we hate her never! Mistress Makie!  Better than Ayaka! She!  Is!  The!  Best! YAY… MAKIE!!!” The girls all cheered, as Makie waved her hand and smiled. “Now, the dawn of a new era has begun!  WHO AM I???” They all shout in unison, “You are Mistress Makie!  You are a success towards Makie!!!” “Roses!!!  ATTACK!!!” The girls marched to Mahora Academy, chanting “Mistress Makie!  Better Than Ayaka”.  Will they capture Ayaka and succeed?

Meanwhile, Chachamaru flew back to Evangeline with some dreadful news. “Master,” she said, “There is a full scale attack towards Mahora Academy.  Some of the girls looked like Miss Satomi and Miss Chao, my creators.” “WHAT???”  Eva shrieked, “You stupid robot!  Why didn’t you say it sooner???” “I’m sorry, master, but I had to refuel on the other side of the mountain,” Chachamaru stated. “This is bad,” Eva thought, “I better warn Asuna, before it’s too late.  I can’t believe I’m doing this!” “Chachamaru!  How much fuel do you have left?” “I have about enough to take us to Mahora Academy and back.” “Good!  Fly us there!  I must warn Asuna!” “Affirmative!” Chachamaru and Evangeline went to the air and flew to Mahora Academy to warn Asuna.  But who will get there first:  Makie’s army or Evangeline?

To be continued…