Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Makie's Revenge ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Makie’s Revenge
Chapter 10

“What the hell is that?”  Setsuna asked, as she heard the chants of Makie’s army growing louder. Outside the hallways of Mahora Academy, Makie led her army towards the classrooms. “Mistress Makie!  Better Than Ayaka!!!”  They all shouted in unison. “Better than me?!”  Ayaka thought. “Oh, no!  They found us!”  Asuna cried. “Shh… keep quiet, so they won’t hear us,” Ayaka whispered. Silence was made. They heard the commotion: “Company… halt!”  Makie shouted. “Master, where is Ayaka?”  Satomi asked. “We haven’t had the chance to find her yet,” Yuna continued. Chisame then said, “We haven’t tried our classroom.  Let’s check.” Kaede Nagase responded, “A wonderful idea.” Makie commanded, “All in favor of examining Class 3-A, say AYE!!!” “AYE!!!”  They all yelled. “Oh, crap!  They’ve been Stepford-ized!”  Setsuna winced. “No… everyone has been a slave to Makie!” Konoka gasped. “We better run for it!”  Nodoka cried. The door started to pound heavily.  All of the girls panicked.  Sayo showed them the exit from behind the desk. “This way!  Hurry!”  She called. “What about you?”  Asuna asked. “I’ll hold them off; you worry about Ayaka!” “Asuna!  Come on!”  Konoka called. Asuna, Ayaka, Setsuna, Konoka, and Nodoka dashed away, as Sayo shut the door.  The main door busted open.  Makie’s army stepped in, only to find only Sayo. “Oh, hello,” she greeted. “Ayaka Yukihiro,” Makie said to Sayo, “Where is she?” “I don’t think she arrived yet,” she responded, “But, please be seated, before class starts soon.” “Nothing doing!”  Fuka and Fumika Narutaki cried out. “We want Ayaka!”  Chizuru cried out. “Get out of our way!”  Mana said. “HOLD IT!”  Makie cried out, “I need to know…” She placed the chip onto Sayo and called, “Sayo!  Activate!” Nothing happened. “Kazumi, who are these people?”  She asked. Makie turned to Kazumi, “Kazumi!  Is what you said true about Sayo?” She answered, “Yes, Mistress Makie.  It seems she must be immune by the chip.” Makie growled and then sneered, “We’ll deal with her later.  Right now, we better check the area.  Everyone, scrounge the entire campus and find them!  They must be found!  And by “they”, I mean our intruders who have obtained Ayaka.” “We must detain Asuna!”  Chisame said. “Exactly!”  Makie ordered, “Yue!  Haruna!  Find Asuna and capture her!  We’ll worry about Nodoka later.  Chizuru!  Natsume!  Find Konoka and Setsuna and summon them!  We’ll need all the help we can get!  The rest of you!  Find Ayaka and bring her to me!  Is that understood?” “Understood, Master!”  They all called out in unison. Sayo blocked the doorway they came in.  She raised her hands and cried, “I won’t let you go near them!  I understand now!  All of you want to get our class rep for evil purposes!  Well, I won’t let you get away with it!” Zazie then remarked, “Let’s go through her and exit.” Mana responded, “10 points, despite being a ghost.” Zazie asked, “Was I that bad?” “NO!”  They all cried. “Roses!  Ram it!”  Makie shouted, as she pointed at Sayo. All of the students charged at Sayo, only to go through her, who was spinning around.  She was very dizzy. “No… Ayaka… Asuna… please be okay,” she thought.

Meanwhile, inside a dark room, the girls hid in the closet, which was very uncomfortable, since they were squeezed together. “Some hiding place, Asuna…” Konoka jeered. “At least we lost them,” Nodoka said, “We’ll hide here, before nightfall.” “I can’t move…” Ayaka groaned. They tried to move slightly, but were stuck together.  A medium-sized closet is no hiding place for five girls. “They should put a capacity limit in this closet,” Asuna growled. “They already have,” Konoka responded, pointing at a sign that said “Closet:  Limit 20 items; No people allowed”. “I cannot believe that this is happening,” Ayaka whimpered, “This school is going to hell.” “Be patient, we cannot afford to be caught,” Setsuna insisted. “I know it is a bad time,” Asuna said, “But I really need to pee.” “Hold it in!”  Ayaka muttered.

Meanwhile, Makie’s army, The Roses, searched the entire dormitory.  Haruna and Yue trashed Nodoka’s room, Yuna and Ako looked around Setsuna’s room, Chizuru and Natsumi went through Ayaka’s stuff in her room, and Kaede and the Narutaki twins searched Asuna and Konoka’s room. “Regroup!”  Yue shouted. They all returned to the lobby, unsuccessfully.  Suddenly… “AH-CHOO!” They turned and found a small closet inside a dark abandoned room, across the lobby.  They approached the doorway. “Bless you, Miss Konoka,” Setsuna said. “EEP!”  Asuna gasped, “They’re coming!” “Keep quiet… and don’t make a movement,” Nodoka whispered. They all stood still and kept quiet. “Where is she?”  Haruna called. “Find Ayaka Yukihiro!”  Yue called out. “Obtain Asuna Kagurazaka!”  Ako called. “Summon Setsuna & Konoka!”  Kaede said. “What do they want with us?”  Asuna whispered quietly. “They think we’re still in Makie’s control,” Konoka said in a very quiet voice. Setsuna started to shake a bit, while Nodoka was whimpering. “Guys… stay… calm…” Asuna whispered, “We won’t be caught, if they don’t hear us…” They kept quiet and the Roses left the room… but… “Ah… ah… ah… AHHHHHHH!!!” Setsuna and Ayaka covered Konoka’s nose, stifling her sneeze. “Good thinking,” Asuna whispered cheerfully… but… “AH-CHOO!!!” She sneezed.  The door flew open and all the girls flew out of the closet.  The Roses turned around and started to go after them. “Capture Ayaka!  Take her to Makie!!!”  They chanted. “SCRAMBLE!!!”  Ayaka shouted, as they split up. All the girls went into different directions.  Ayaka went with Asuna, while Setsuna went with Konoka and Nodoka.  The Roses split up and chased after them.  Ayaka and Asuna were running to the tall tree, while Setsuna and her friends dived into the cafeteria.  They hid under the tables hoping they wouldn’t find them. “This is a bad dream, See-Chan!”  Konoka cried. “Miss Konoka, be patient,” Setsuna retorted, “It’s okay.  Calm down.” “At this rate, Ayaka and Asuna are long gone,” Nodoka said. “Great.  We better split up and keep lookout,” Setsuna said, “Konoka, tell Asuna that we’re safe.  Bookworm, come with me.” Konoka used her cell phone to deliver a message to Asuna. “Miss Setsuna, where are we going?”  Nodoka asked. “Quiet…” she whispered.

We are at the cafeteria.  We’re okay.  Stay strong. Kono-chan.” “Good.  They’re safe,” Asuna said in relief, “Bookworm is in Setsuna’s safe hands.” “Then we better send back a message to them,” Ayaka said, as she held her cell phone up. They are located up in the clock tower, away from the controlled girls.  Asuna viewed from a birds-eye view and found Fei Ku, Chao, Satomi, and Yuna on pursuit. “It’s a good thing they cannot see us,” she thought, “I wonder what’s gotten into Makie?” “Asuna, how’s the view?” “Bad.  Very bad.  I see clusters of Makie’s slaves in the west and south areas.” “Oh, man, this is very weird.” “I know.  I couldn’t see Makie anywhere; just some weird looking girl, leading our friends, in some stupid looking attire.” “WHAT???” Ayaka viewed the cluster, led by Makie, in her Mistress Makie attire. “That’s Mistress Makie!  I recognize that hairstyle under her hat.  So, this is Mistress Makie?” “Ayaka, are you saying that…?” “Yes.  That Mistress is Makie!” “Okay, I don’t know what’s going on, but we better warn Setsuna and Bookworm.” Ayaka snapped a picture of Makie on her cell phone.

Meanwhile, Setsuna and Nodoka were walking in the hallway, avoiding any contact from the Roses.  They crept into a small area and hid in there. “Setsuna, why are you protecting me?”  Nodoka asked. “Trust me… I know my way around these girls, who are controlled; I was one of them, but Ayaka saved me,” Setsuna said. “So, you were once controlled by Makie?” “Yes.  But, I only did it to protect Miss Konoka.  The O.B. Chip consumed my every will, but I had to control myself from being completely mindless.  She was controlled, too, at the time; I had no choice.” “Wow… what a hero you are, stepping up for your classmate.” “I wouldn’t call myself a hero… I felt like a fool.  When Konoka and I were controlled to go get Ayaka, my self-control was shattered.  I asked myself what I have done to deserve it.  I’ve protected Miss Konoka all these years, and now… now… now, I feel like I have been used recently.” Setsuna started to cry a bit. “Aw, don’t cry; that was then and this is now.  You and Konoka are free.  We’ll stop Makie if we try to.” Suddenly, a figure appeared from behind. “I’ll do my best on this one,” Setsuna said, as she dried her tears, “If we defeat her army, we’ll stop her from hurting Ayaka.” “Oh, that will not be necessary, Setsuna,” a voice called out. Setsuna and Nodoka found Mana and Zazie behind them.  Zazie was juggling and Mana pointed her rifle at them. “Well, well, well, Setsuna was free, and now she wants to protect Nodoka and Konoka,” Mana glared. Zazie said, “She deserves to be captured for her betrayal.” “Listen to yourselves!”  Setsuna shouted, “Is this what you wanted???  All you cared about is Ayaka and getting her humiliated?  You cannot do this!  Fight it!  I tried to fight it, and succeeded to break free!” Mana pointed her rifle at Setsuna and said, “Hasta la vista, traitor!” “NO!”  Nodoka shoved her out of the way. The rifle fired a shot of pink substance on the wall. “I am ordered to capture you two alive; I cannot risk hurting you,” she continued. “RUN!”  Setsuna shrieked. She and Nodoka ran off together.  Zazie stopped Mana for a moment. “Looks like they’re in a sticky situation now,” she remarked. “40 points.” They ran after them.

Meanwhile, Konoka was pacing around the room, waiting for Setsuna. “Hurry… pick up!”  She thought, “See-Chan… Bookworm…” Just then, three shadowy figure approached Konoka from behind.  She turned around and found the Cheerleader Club.  Misa made the cheer: “Hit ‘er hard!  Hit ‘er right! Hit ‘er where it’s ahead! Time to capture her For Makie, Rose Red!” The girls grabbed her, as they laughed robotically.  Konoka screamed in fear. “SETSUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”

Up in the sky, Chachamaru and Evangeline arrived, seeing the entire Academy deserted. “This is very strange, don’t you think, master?” “I should say so.  In any case, we better find those two brain-heads and get to the bottom of this.” Satomi and Chao appeared from behind, “Heads up, turkeys!” They turned around and found them, who were charging at them.  Chachamaru grabbed them easily and held them up high. “It’s them!”  Eva thought. “Please forgive me, but why would you try to attack me?”  She asked. “We obey only Mistress Makie!  Not you!”  Satomi cried. “Makie is awesome!  She is very athletic and cute!”  Chao cried. “Mistress Makie?!?!?!?”  Eva gasped. Satomi held an O.B. chip and planted it into Chachamaru’s hand. “Chacha!  Activate!” But nothing happened. CRUNCH!!! “Request denied,” Chachamaru said, crushing the O.B. chip, “I obey only my master, Evangeline!” “HA!  You and your piece of tomfoolery!” Chacha tied Satomi and Chao together with a rope and dropped them to the ground.  Evangeline interrogated them. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” She shouted. “We… obey… Makie!”  Satomi shouted. “Master, I think they can only obey one master for some reason.” “Shut it, robot!  I’m the one questioning the guilty!” Chao then said, “She… controlled all… of 3-A!” Eva then grinned and said, “Well, it seems she has become such an evil little girl.” “Chances of her being evil are one in a million,” Chacha stated. “Now I’ll ask you one more question:  who or what are you after?” Satomi then chanted, “Mistress Makie!  Better than Ayaka!” Chao chanted, “Ayaka is a failure towards Ayaka!” Eva turned to the clock tower and said, “I see…” She took a view of Asuna and Ayaka up on the tower, for their safety. “Master, shall we do away with them?”  Chacha asked. “No, leave them,” Eva replied, “The class representative is in danger.  We better go.” Chachamaru flew upwards with Eva and headed to the clock tower.  Chao broke free from the rope and untied Satomi, as well. “So… there is two more,” Chao said. “We must obtain them at once!”  Satomi added. They ran off, following Chachamaru and Evangeline.

“I don’t get it!”  Setsuna shouted, “What’s with them now?  Everywhere we turn, there’s a slave in the area!” She and Nodoka lost Mana and Zazie on the chase.  They hid behind the warehouse. Konoka appeared from behind and signaled them to come inside. “Miss Konoka?”  Setsuna asked. They followed her to a lone building in the first floor.  They entered a small dank room.  Konoka locked the door and turned to Setsuna. “There were some of Makie’s victims, but I elude them,” Konoka said. “What a relief,” Nodoka sighed. Konoka then held up an O.B. chip and showed it to Setsuna. “See-Chan, I managed to nab one of the chips off of one of the girls,” she said, “We’ll be fine for a while.” Nodoka then checked the window to see if it is locked.  However, from behind, Konoka tried to sneak the chip into her shirt.  Setsuna stopped her. “Miss Konoka!  What are you doing?”  She cried. “Oh… you know me; sometimes I like to play around,” she responded. As Nodoka opened the window, Fei Ku popped out. “Guess who, Bookworm?”  She cried. All of the Roses appeared and surrounded the three girls.  Setsuna and Nodoka were frightened.  She then turned to her. “GO!  And warn Asuna!”  Setsuna shrieked, “Hurry and don’t look back!” “But… Setsuna…” “See-Chan!  What are you doing???” “Nodoka, tell Asuna we’ll be fine; right now, find safety!” Nodoka climbed up to the window.  She looked at Setsuna and Konoka. “GO NOW!!!  We’ll be fine!” Nodoka jumped out of the window, escaping the army.  She ran off in a distance, without looking back. Ako shouted, “Nodoka is getting away!” “Leave her!”  Mana said, “We got Setsuna!” “Ha!  I can escape you guys any day!”  Setsuna jeered, “But it’s gonna take an army of slaves to defeat Setsuna Sakurazaki!” She held up her sword and prepared to strike.  However, Konoka grabbed her sword and threw it down. “Miss Konoka!?  What are you doing???”  She shouted. Konoka said in a robotic voice, “Setsuna, I’m sorry.  I wanted to protect you.” “Konoka… no…” she whimpered. “See-Chan… Kiss me…” she blushed. “NO!”  She screamed nervously, “Absolutely not!  You’re not the Konoka I know!” Konoka wrapped her arms around and held her tight.  She then ordered Yue to place the chip on her. “No… Konoka, what are you…? No!  Please, not again!  Let me go!” “Forgive me, See-chan…” Setsuna thought aloud, “Makie… what have you done???  Konoka, forgive me.” “ENOUGH!!!” Makie entered the room.  She approached Setsuna, who’s still restrained by Konoka. “Setsuna, I hear you broke free of my control,” she said. “You lied to me, Makie,” Setsuna growled, “You promised me you’d take care of Miss Konoka!  I hate you!  You’ve become such a demon woman!” “Poor pitiful sword slinger…”  Makie scolded, “You should’ve known better than to depart from me.” She snatched the O.B. chip from Yue and placed it on Setsuna’s forehead. “NO!  You won’t get away with this!”  She shook around, hollering, but couldn’t break free. “Yay!  See-Chan is with us again!”  Konoka cheered. Makie grinned demonically, “This time you won’t escape again!  Setsuna!  Activate!”  “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Setsuna̵ 7;s screams echoed the area.  Nodoka stopped and heard the scream. “Setsuna, no!  But I can’t turn back.  She promised me.” She kept running.  She pulled out her cell phone and sent a text message to Asuna and Ayaka. “Asuna… Ayaka… HELP!!!

To be continued…