Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Makie's Revenge ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Makie’s Revenge
Chapter 11

Hours later, Evangeline and Chachamaru arrived at the top of the clock tower.  Asuna and Ayaka saw them and signaled them. “Well, long time, no see, Asuna,” Eva said, “I heard what has been going on.  Did you summon me?” “I would never do that!”  Asuna shouted. “HA!  That was a bluff!  You think I would be summoned?”  Eva giggled. Asuna got mad and stretched her mouth in anger. “Will you two break it up???”  Ayaka shouted, “We have bigger problems!  It’s about Makie!” “So we have heard,” Eva said, “I got the message that there was an invasion in Mahora Academy.  Where’s Negi?  We need him for this.” “Sorry, Evangeline,” Ayaka retorted, “Negi just left last week for a small vacation.” “Oh, well… then I guess we’ll do this on our own,” Eva smiled. Asuna then asked, “Do you even know what’s going on?” “The O.B. chip,” Chachamaru said, “I believe this problem had something to do with it.” She presented the crushed O.B. chip to Asuna. “Whoa!  Were you attacked?”  She asked. “Unfortunately, yes,” Chacha replied, “Satomi and Chao provided me the chip, because it was made for me; but it was proven to be a dud.  And it was then I realized that I only obey Evangeline.  So, I didn’t want it anymore.  However, they planted the chip on me, but I didn’t succumb to it.” “Uh… sorry, but I didn’t understand what you just said,” Ayaka said. “It’s seems the chip was made for Chachamaru,” Eva said, “However, Mistress Makie managed to steal the chip and produce replicas.” “We already know; and it was that frog who stole it,” Ayaka said, “Makie has become an evil super villain.  She has already controlled most of our classmates with duplicate chips she created… including Satomi and Lingshen.” “And what’s worse is that she’s modified the original chip.”  Asuna added. Eva was stunned, while Ayaka was in disdain. “I don’t get it, Class Representative, why are you so worried all of a sudden?” “Because… Makie is after me…” “What?  They’re after you?!” “Master, didn’t Satomi say earlier that Mistress Makie is better than Miss Class Representative?” “I remember now, robot!  I didn’t know that the controlled would go after one person.” Asuna then asked, “I know we haven’t seen each other eye-to-eye, but we need your help.  Is there anything we can do to disable ALL of the chips?” “Hmm… there is no way to disable them,” Eva said, “But we must find the schematics for this chip.  They somehow made them in the lab.  We better find it and look it up.” Chacha then asked, “Master, do you think everyone in our class is being controlled?” “Well, not counting that ghost, I figured that--.  HEY!  DO NOT ASK ME ANYTHING SIMPLE!!!” Just then, a ring sounded on Asuna’s phone.  She opened it and got a text message. “It’s from Bookworm,” she said. “What does it say?”  Ayaka asked. Asuna read the message with a big gasp: “Asuna!  Ayaka!  Help!!!  They got Setsuna!!!” “Damn!  They got Setsuna and Konoka!  AGAIN!”  She screamed. She typed in “Hang on, Nodoka!  Meet us at the Main Lobby”. Ayaka yelled, “If we don’t do something, we’ll be too late!” “Right!”  Evangeline said, “Ayaka, you stay with Chachamaru and take her to a safe place.  You’ll need the protection you need; Chachamaru, see if you can find Bookworm; Asuna, you come with me to the lab.  We need to find a way to disable the chips.” “Right!  But I have one more question:  are you one of Makie’s slaves?” “Obviously not.  What kind of dribble is that?” Satomi and Chao appeared in the clock tower. “No, she’s not,” Chao remarked, “Not yet, at least.” “Master,” Chachamaru stated, “We have been followed.” “STUPID ROBOT!  Was that ever obvious???” Satomi held up an O.B. chip and was about to give it to Eva.  But she launched a spell, causing smoke to emit.  A cloud of black smoke surrounded them, as Eva, Chacha, Asuna, and Ayaka ran away.  When the smoke cleared, they were gone. “Disappeared!  Ayaka disappeared!”  Chao screamed. “Patience, my partner,” Satomi said, “They won’t be gone long.  They’re headed for our lab!” It turns out that they were eavesdropping this whole time. They left the clock tower and headed to Makie.

“So, now the witch and the robot have shown their faces,” Makie grinned, “Did you obtain them?” “No, Master,” Chao said, “They’ve escaped.” Makie growled, “And you let them escape?!” “No worries,” Satomi said, “We have word that they are headed to our lab.  If we hurry, we’ll obtain Ayaka soon enough.” “See that you do.  And we’ll see to it that Asuna, the robot, and the witch gets what’s coming to them,” she sneered evilly. Makie’s army stood in attention. “What shall you do to Ayaka?”  Makie asked. “We’ll capture her!!!”  The Roses shouted. “What will you do with Asuna?” “We’ll obtain and/or liquidate her!” “And if you fail me?” “We’ll be ashamed!” “Good!  Now, MOVE OUT!!!” Makie and her army marched to the lab.

Meanwhile, at the bridge, Nodoka was crying.  She was all scared now, now that Makie has captured Setsuna and Konoka. “Oh, Asuna… hurry… I’m scared,” she whimpered, “Why is this happening to me?  They were supposed to go after Ayaka!  But they want me for their collective!” Nodoka saw Chachamaru flying past her, with Ayaka by her side, holding on tight.  She got up and waved to her. “HEY!  Ayaka!  Chachamaru!  Down here!”  She cried. She looked down and found Nodoka. “We’ve found her,” Chachamaru said, “Prepare for landing.” Ayaka responded, “Set ‘er down, Air Chacha; you are clear for landing.” They landed by Nodoka and comforted her. “Are you okay now?”  Ayaka asked. “Yes, I am,” Nodoka replied, “Now it seems Setsuna has been detained again.” “We know, we promise to stop her at all costs,” Ayaka said. She then explained to Nodoka about what Evangeline and Asuna were about to do to all of the students.  Nodoka then agreed to help out, but only if she need some protection. “I concur,” Chachamaru said, “But we shall go by foot; my fuel has been depleted flying us there.  It will take about six hours to refuel.” “Then there’s still time!  Makie has gone manic, and we have to stop her from her ambition.” They continued to the safe place, by foot. “Incidentally, where is this safe place?”  Ayaka asked. “It’s about 500km away; we should get there in time,” Chachamaru said, “It is a very small shack that my master and I used to live in, but it was all worn down.” “So I’ve heard,” Ayaka thought. They continued walking, unbeknownst to them that someone is stalking them.  Who was it?  Was it one of Makie’s slaves?

Meanwhile, at the laboratory, Evangeline and Asuna scrounged around looking for some stuff to find.  They trashed the place, but couldn’t find anything. “It’s no use,” Asuna said, “We cannot find a clue on how to disable those chips.” “Maybe so,” Eva said, “But it seems Satomi and Chao must’ve left some clues in this room.” “You’re right; but it is also stupid.  Have you ever heard about messages you receive and then they say on the screen “By the time you hear this, I will be dead”?  By far, a very repetitive motive.” “Asuna, not all messages end with death,” Eva insisted. Just then, they found a compact disc with the label saying “Watch it” on it.  She put the CD in the computer and watched the movie. “Asuna!  This is no time for your blasted DVD watching!”  Eva shouted. “Shh!  Shut up!  I see Satomi!” She shushed. Satomi was on the monitor, with a scared look on her face. “Hey, this message was recorded from after I visited them,” she thought. Satomi’s message played: “Video Log of Satomi Hakase:  Number #39274-8A Thanks to Asuna, Lingshen and I were able to complete a brand new O.B. chip for Chachamaru.  However, we began production of a new device called the O.B.X. Destroyer.  It is a small remote control that disables every O.B. chip possessed in a 5-mile radius.  Asuna has warned me about what Makie Sasaki has done, and we have finished it.  We are to present this to Asuna and Ayaka, once we have detained Makie.  She’s what Ayaka said all along:  she’s a failure towards Makie.  Unfortunately, she’s wrong; Makie has become utterly insane with vengeance.  We’re not sure how the chip was stolen, but rest assured that Makie will get what’s coming to her.  Whoever is watching this right now, it seems that Makie has won.  But we have already finished the machine… and we should have Lingshen Chao with me on this one.  Well, gotta go.  We have an insane girl to catch.  Remember: use the machine to knock them all out at once.  This is only good for once in every 8 hours.  The batteries will short out and will have to recharge.  Whoever you are, I’m counting on you.  End of Transmission!” The video ended. “So, Asuna, it seems our fine doctors have perfected a disabler to eradicate those miserable chips.” “I know.  But we have to find it,” Asuna said. Suddenly, she found the device by the computer monitor.  It was a small black remote control with one red button. “Is this it, Eva?” “That’s it!  We found it!” “Hmm… not a very dazzling gadget, don’t you think?” Just then, the monitor played an extra movie. “Another one?!”  Eva thought. “I wonder what it could be.”  Asuna said. It was Chao, under control of Makie.  She spoke in a robotic manner: “Video Log of Lingshen Chao:  Supplemental Satomi has already prepared the device for the O.B. chips.  However, I have prepared a certain chip for Ayaka.  Satomi and I have already finished the chip and we now serve Mistress Makie.  Makie and I have made a few modifications; this chip will permanently control one person; but only by the person in command.  And she will give it to Ayaka personally.” Makie appeared on the monitor, placing her hand on Chao’s shoulder. “Makie!”  Asuna cried. “Yes, my dear; whoever is watching this, you’re too late now!  Ayaka Yukihiro is all mine!  Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!  HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!  WAH, HA, HA, HA, HA!” The video ended. “Damn you, Makie Sasaki!”  Asuna shouted. “She’s obviously getting a death wish,” Evangeline sneered, “Asuna, we better hurry!” They left the lab and went to find Ayaka. “Come on, Ayaka… I hope we’re not too late.  This is our only chance; so we have got to make it count!”

Meanwhile, Ayaka and Chachamaru arrived at a small log cabin, covered in moss.  She was disgusted by it. “EW!  No wonder you two left the house and moved out,” she groaned. “Acknowledged; we should be able to hide here, until the coast is clear.”  Chacha said. “Well, Bookworm,” Ayaka said to Nodoka, “Shall we?” “I have a bad feeling about this…”  Nodoka cringed. They went in the cabin first.  Chachamaru entered and locked the door.  Suddenly, a shadowy figure appeared by the front door. “Located Ayaka!”  She said robotically. She ran off to send the message to Makie.  Who was she? As she ran to Makie, the clouds over Mahora Academy began to grow very dark.  The sky turned very blackish.  It seems Makie is about to win.  Will Asuna stop her in time? Find out in the final chapter…

To be continued…