Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ The Thirteen Seals ❯ Past ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Past
 
Firedude: Alright next one is here, sorry I'm kind of taking my time getting these chapters out but please don't forget to review.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Negima! or any of its characters
 
Firedude: Don't forget to review. Ready? Set? On with the show!
 
Mahora Academy: Where we left off
 
Dean Konoe looked up at the ceiling and stroked his beard. “…So, you're all ready to hear the tale?” Everyone nodded and listened. Dean Konoe sighed and his gaze shifted to the floor. “It was actually 34 years ago today… A group of extremely powerful demons that called themselves the demon counsel went on a rampage of destruction across Japan. The mages of Japan joined together in an attempt to stop the demon, but to no avail. Out of desperation… we attempted something never thought of before…
 
Kyoto: 34 years prior
 
A group of six mages gathered together inside a warehouse. One was a young Dean Konoe who was thinking something over. “So, you're sure this will work?” The mage in front of him shrugged. “No, but do you have any better ideas?” The mage walked over to one of the concrete walls and tapped on it with his staff. A section of the wall began to glow and a magic symbol appeared on the wall. He held up his staff and chanted in Japanese “Open to the ones that deserve! We have come to claim the bounty of time for the good of the world!” The section of wall dropped and revealed a stair case. There was a heavy bang on the door at the far end of the room.
 
“We must hurry!” exclaimed one of the other mages as they descended quickly down the stairs as the wall closed behind them. After a few minutes of going down a spiral staircase they came to a large hand carved cavern. At the far end of the cavern 13 candles lit up the wall and revealed a seal on the wall. Dean Konoe stood in awe in front of the wall and beheld the seal. “What… what is that!?” The mage who opened the passage walked forward and looked up at it. “It's known as the seal of time…” He turned towards the other mages and continued his explanation.
 
“Throughout history, very powerful Japanese mages have guarded this seal with their lives. They traveled far and wide and sought out the most powerful warriors in the world who would volunteer to become part of the seal.” Konoe questioned “Part of the seal?” The mage nodded silently. “The wielder of the seal can borrow the power of the warriors inside it and use their powers, but at a terrible price to their health.” They all let it soak it until another mage said “So… we're going to use this to defeat the demon counsel?” The mage in front of the seal shook his head.
 
“I would like to, for it was my original plan and it would be a lot easier,” The sound of the demons pounding on the walls upstairs sounded throughout the building. “, but as you can see, we have no time to apply the seal.” Konoe stepped forwards and exclaimed “Then why did we come down here?” The mage turned back towards them and said “It will be a lot easier just to summon them from the seal, but there is one condition! In order to summon the warriors directly from the seal, five of us will have to sacrifice ourselves.” The mages all began to look at each other in astonishment.
 
“I of course volunteer.” Konoe protested “No! You shouldn't-!” The mage turned towards Konoe with a fierce expression on his face. “If it's to save the lives of my family and the whole world… I'll do anything.” There was silence before another mage stepped forward. “I volunteer as well!” Then another stepped up also “Me as well!” Everyone had stepped forward by now including Konoe. The lead mage looked over at Konoe and said “Konoe, we only need five…” Konoe looked towards the ground and frowned.
 
“Then what do I do? Stay here and do nothing!?” The lead mage walked over to him and shook his head. “No… I need you to do something for me.” He walked over to Konoe and put his hands on his shoulders. “You need to help them, they will only be here for so long and they will need someone to help them. Also, to make sure the demons never some back, I need you to seal them.” Konoe nodded as the mage turned around and walked away. He then stopped and looked over his shoulder.
 
“Oh and one more thing… my child is going to be born a week from now, I know for a fact that my wife is not strong enough to make it through the delivery. So I need you to take care of my child.” Konoe was shocked and tears began to well up in his eyes. “It'd be my honor sir!” The mage smile and added “If it's a boy...” Konoe smiled. “I'll give him the name of his heroic father… good bye Jonnosuke.” Jonnosuke smiled and walked towards the seal with the other mages.
 
Time Seal Cavern: 18 years later
 
A tall man with brown messy hair and a business suit walked down the spiral stairs into the cavern. He adjusted his glasses as he reached the bottom of the stairs and entered the room. He walked in and bunch of mages bowed and said “Welcome master Jonnosuke!” He remained silent for a minute before putting on a goofy smile and saying “Hello everyone!” He walked in and someone took his briefcase and suit jacket. He walked up to the seal and cleaned his glasses with a rag before putting them back on. “It's still as magnificent as the first time I saw it!” A tall, old man in a suit with long, gray hair with a matching beard walked up next to him and tapped him on the shoulder.
 
“I'm sorry to interrupt you sir, but the oracle wishes to see you…” Jonnosuke gave him his typical smile and laughed. “Well if she wants to see me, that's quite impossible but I suppose we can talk.” The old man laughed with him for a little bit and flicked the tip of his nose. “You know that's my little sister right?” Jonnosuke laughed nervously and added “I was just kidding, right Akito?” Akito laughed a little and stated “I know sir.” Jonnosuke then walked over to a wall of the cavern where a new room had been carved out that was closed off by a metal door.
 
Jonnosuke opened the heavy door and walked inside. At the end of the room there was a staircase leading up to a pillow with torches on either side of it. An old woman sat on top of the pillow with her eyes closed, a long pipe in hand and a crystal ball in her lap. Jonnosuke walked forward and the woman's head pointed in his direction. “Is that you Jonnosuke?” He continued to walk to the base of the stairs and looked up at the old woman. He spoke while trying to hold back a laugh “Yes well, the guy out there said you wanted to… see me.”
 
Jonnosuke could no longer hold back and laughed hard. The oracle laughed as well and then threw her pipe at him and hit him square in the face. Jonnosuke flew backwards and hit the ground. The old woman sighed and called down “You're pathetic!” Jonnosuke picked up the pipe and walked back up to the oracle, handing her the pipe. “Sorry about that… anyway, why did you need me?” Jonnosuke asked the oracle with his goofy look. The oracle frowned a little and held up her crystal ball to Jonnosuke. He leaned over and peered into it.
 
At first he saw nothing, but then blob like images began to appear. Jonnosuke took the ball from her hands and took a closer look the image became clear and it was a picture of a large rift in the sky of Japan and demons were pouring out. Above them floated thirteen demons. Jonnosuke handed the ball back to the oracle. “How far into the future is this?” The oracle stayed silent for a little bit. “…Roughly 16 years from now…” Jonnosuke sighed, took off his glasses and massaged his eyes. “This is terrible. And I had to make my wife pregnant now…”
 
The oracle smiled “Congratulations. When is the child due?” Jonnosuke chuckled and stated “We only found out today, so another nine months. Anyway, we need to start to prepare for the invasion then…” The oracle poured tobacco into her pipe and lit it up. She inhaled it and blew some smoke rings. “We need to attach the seal to a host.” Jonnosuke was taken aback by the idea. “Is, is that possible!?” The oracle blew smoke into Jonnosuke's face and yelled “Of course it is! That's what it was intended for!” Jonnosuke blinked and smiled. “I guess you're right.”
 
Jonnosuke walked down the stairs and waved back to her. “Well, I'll get started on finding volunteers then.” The oracle practically flew up to her feet from her pillow and yelled “Wait!” Jonnosuke turned around as the old jumped down the stairs and right into his face. Her eyes shot open and their creepy grayness starred into Jonnosuke. He knew she was blind, but her gaze scarred him. “You must know so you don't make a mistake! All the people who have tried to bare the seal have suffered beyond words and passed on! You must be very careful when carrying this out…”
 
Jonnosuke nodded and began to turn around, but her hand flew up to his shoulder and forced him to look at her once more. “I'm very sorry to suggest this Jonnosuke, but there is something that you can do that can save many lives. You don't need to bother wasting lives trying to find a person compatible with the seal. Instead… research done by the mages suggests that… a new born child will be able to wield the seal without any problems, but there may be unpredictable affects as it grows older.” Jonnosuke remained silent for a minute before looking back at the oracle. “What are you suggesting!?” The oracle's expression became depressed but she continued “You can skip wasting lives with testing and… you could attach the seal to your own child.” Jonnosuke shrugged off her hand and walked out without a word. The oracle sighed and returned to her seat on the pillow.
 
Time Seal Cavern: eight months later
 
Jonnosuke stood a good distance away from the seal on the wall as two mages were situated on either side of a man. Jonnosuke called over to the man and said “We told you of the dangers. Are you sure you want to do this?” The man looked over and nodded at him. Jonnosuke then called over to the two mages “Alright, start it up then!” The two mages held their hands in the air to form triangles. They then began to chant, “Seal of time, hear our prayer. Attach to this host so he may protect this world.” Over and over again and the seal began to glow purple. A haze started to float out of the seal and drift slowly towards the man.
 
The purple haze swirled around the man until a small cloud had formed around him. Suddenly the haze began press against the man's body and he began to grown from the pressure. Jonnosuke bit down on his lip and crossed his fingers. Suddenly, purple haze began to pour out of seal incredibly fast and into the openings of his body. The man began to scream in pain as it continued. Jonnosuke squeezed his fingers together tighter as it continued to flood his body. The seal began to appear faintly on the man's hand and Jonnosuke got excited.
 
And then as quickly as the rushing haze started, it stopped. The faint seal disappeared from the man's hand and he fell over face first onto the ground. One of the mages ran up and put his two of his fingers to his neck. The mage then looked up and shook his head, showing he had no pulse. Jonnosuke stomped and cursed under his breath. “20 volunteers and not one were able to support the seal!” The mages laid a sheet over the man's face and picked him up and carried him out up stairs.
 
Jonnosuke took off his glasses and massaged his eyes. He then put his glasses back on and looked up at the seal. He gave the seal a stern look and practically shouted at it “Why do you torment me so!?” A sigh came from behind him. “Yelling at the walls again honey?” A young, pregnant woman with long red hair and an Irish accent walked up to Jonnosuke and put her hand on his shoulder. “Another person failed?” Jonnosuke looked over at her and plastered on a smile. “Yes, but we'll find someone compatible eventually.”
 
The woman smiled and then suddenly put him in a head lock. “You're an idiot! You guys are just wasting lives here! There has to be an easier solution!” Jonnosuke laughed a little bit until she let him out of the head lock. “I did tell you… but are you alright with that?” She sighed and smiled. “I told you I was fine with it… it's you whose being hesitant.” Jonnosuke let out a little laugh and looked back over at his wife. “Yes, you're right.” They both stood there in silence for a minute before he spoke again “Well it's settled then, I'll go tell the oracle.” He began to walk towards the door, but his wife stopped him.
 
“Jonnosuke… are you sure about this? You shouldn't force yourself to do this if you don't want to.” Jonnosuke turned around to his wife and held her hands. He gave her a warm smile and said “Lily, my ancestors have all sacrificed themselves for the good of the world… even I have paid my price for the world's well being” He lifted his right pants leg and revealed a metal leg. “…He will just be following in his ancestors' foot steps.” He then opened the heavy metal door and walked in.
 
Lily stood there in the middle of the room digesting her husband's words. Akito walked up behind Lily and said “Are you okay madam?” Lily was surprised by Akito and whirled around and punched Akito square in the nose. Akito rubbed his nose as Lily realized her mistake. “Oh! I'm so sorry Akito! You know what happens when you sneak up on me though!?” Akito laughed a little and continued to nurse his nose. “Yes, yes I know madam I'm sorry. I came over because you looked worried.” Lily frowned and looked towards the ground.
 
“I feel as though Jonnosuke is forcing himself…” Akito smiled and tried to comfort her. “Master Jonnosuke has always done what he has felt was right. I'm sure he agreed to this by his own free will.” Lily smiled hesitantly. “I wish I was as optimistic as you…” Akito looked towards the large metal door as though it would open on its own. Jonnosuke... I hope I'm not wrong...
 
Sparta: 16 years later
 
On the outskirts of Sparta, situated atop a hill was a typical suburban home. In the front yard Rikimaru practiced kung fu with a Guan Dao. Inside Jonnosuke was sitting in his den and read the newspaper when the phone rang. He groaned and got up. He walked into the kitchen and picked up the phone. “Masaki residence, Jonnosuke speaking.”
 
“Hello honey, it's me.”
 
“Lily! How are you?”
 
“I'm good dear. I'm just calling to check in.”
 
“How's Paris?”
 
“It's good, but it's so tiring, with all these photo shoots…”
 
“I know you can do it honey.”
 
“How's Rikimaru?” Jonnosuke looked out the kitchen window onto the front lawn and saw him wildly swinging his Guan Dao at imaginary enemies. Jonnosuke smiled and replied. “He's been okay, he wants you to come back though, he says he's getting rusty and he needs more lessons.” There was laughing on the other end of the line and Lily replied “Tell him when he has a hot 32 year old mom whose a model and has to travel the world, he has to be patient.” Jonnosuke laughed as his wife continued “Well I'll be back tomorrow though so that'll cheer him up. Have you discovered anything else since I've been gone?”
 
Jonnosuke was silent for a minute then replied “No, nothing new on the seal of time...” He looked out the window at his son and smiled. “We're lucky there've been no consequences.” Lily sternly yelled from the other end of the phone line. “Don't jinx it!” Jonnosuke laughed a little and replied “Sorry, sorry I was just kidding.” Lily laughed a little and finished up “Well, I have to go now. I love you dear.”
 
“Bye honey.” Jonnosuke hung up the phone and walked outside. “Rikimaru! Take a break kid, you'll kill yourself.” Rikimaru laughed and stabbed his Guan Dao into the ground. “Don't worry dad I know what I'm doing.” Jonnosuke smiled and laughed as he walked inside with his son. Rikimaru walked up to the refrigerator and took out bottled water. He began to drink it when his deal began to hurt his hand. He cringed slightly and his father noticed. “Are you alright Rikimaru!?” He smiled and replied “Don't worry Dad; it's probably just another one of my cases.”
 
Suddenly his seal began to let off the purple haze and his hand began to hurt a lot. He gripped his hand tightly, trying to stop the pain. Jonnosuke ran up to Rikimaru. “Dad!? What's happening to me!?” Jonnosuke tried to figure out what was happening. What's going on!? This wasn't in our notes! Unless... No! One of them must be forcing their way out! Suddenly Rikimaru was engulfed in a brilliant light.
 
Mahora Academy: Present day
 
“…And that's it…” The group was stunned. Asuna quickly blurted out “So what happened next?” Dean Konoe frowned and replied “That's what I asked him, but he claimed that he didn't remember. Haruna frowned and said “Wow… that's pretty screwed up. Everyone nodded in agreement. Dean Konoe put on a stern look and said “Well, now you all know. The demon Counsel is going to come after him and 2-A is going to have to help him beat them.” The girls all absorbed the words in as Takahata walked up to the group.
 
“I'm sorry to interrupt, but I'm guessing Konoe told you girls everything. We have a problem though, Konoe, Negi may I speak with you two in the clinic?” The two nodded and entered the clinic. Dean Konoe turned back towards the girls and smiled. “You all should go back to class, just tell your teachers that I needed your help.” The girls nodded and walked away. Takahata closed the door behind them and joined the two.
 
“So you guys told them?” They all turned and saw Rikimaru gazing at them. Dean Konoe nodded sternly. “They need to know Rikimaru.” He smiled and sat up. “And I'm fine with that… but did you tell them the last part…?” Dean Konoe frowned and shook his head. Rikimaru sighed in relief and lay back down and went back to sleep. “That's good…” Negi looked up at Konoe and questioned “Last part?” The Dean looked down at him and smiled. “Don't worry about it. Anyway, what's the problem Takahata?”
 
He frowned and folded his arms. “Rikimaru's mother just called and I filled her in on the situation…” Dean Konoe Slapped his forehead. “Not Lily… what did she want?” Takahata smiled and said “She said as long as Rikimaru is at a school… she wants him to continue his studies.” Both Negi and Konoe were taken aback. Negi then exclaimed “She does know this is a all girls academy right!?” Takahata nodded. Konoe laughed a little. “Well, I think its fine. Negi, meet your new student.” Negi panicked and waved his arms in a panic.
 
“Dean Konoe! Is this okay!?” he smiled and nodded. “You need a new student to replace Lingshen right?” Negi was at a loss for words. “Well… yes, but-!” The Dean cut him off and patted him on the back. “It's settled then. He starts tomorrow!” The dean the walked out of the clinic and Takahata laughed a little. “Good luck with him Negi!” He then walked out and left Negi alone in the room. He stood there in the middle of the room, not knowing what to do.
 
“Are they gone?” Negi looked over and Rikimaru sat up and looked over at him. Negi calmed down a little and stuttered out a response “Y-yea, did you hear all that!?” Rikimaru laughed and looked up at the ceiling. “That's mom for ya… looking out for what's best… I suppose.” He swung his legs over the bed and stood up. “No! Rikimaru you shouldn't stand!” He looked over at him and laughed. “Don't worry Negi. I'm perfectly fine. I need to do some stuff before tomorrow, so I'll see you around.” He began to walk towards the door and just as he was about to grab the door knob Negi called over to him.
 
“Rikimaru!” He turned around and faced Negi. “What happened to you and your father after the light engulfed you back in Sparta?” Rikimaru frowned and looked away. “Don't worry about it Negi… you'll find out eventually, but you don't need to hear it from me right now…” He then opened the door and walked out. “I'll see you tomorrow Professor!” He then shut the door behind him and left Negi standing nervously in the middle of the room.
 
Firedude: The chapter is done! I'm sorry I'm taking my time with this. Please review and don't forget to include your ideas for couples and how you feel about the story. Flames are welcome. Tune in next time as mayhem ensues when Rikimaru joins 2-A.