Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Why People Go..... ❯ .....Down Into Holes ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-----Author’s note: This chapter is brought to you by the following: Master Masa Random. Uh huh, that’s all. I mean, I posted it, but he did all the writing, so credit goes to him. Now, enjoy.....-----

Why People Go By True Serac and Master Masa Random

The characters and situations of Magister Negi Magi are the creation of and rightful property of Ken Akamatsu. They are used here without permission. This story may be freely redistributed, but it should not be altered substantially or used for profit in any way.

-

Yue held the flashlight in such a way that the light shone down into the deep, inky, bottomless, cavernous, hollow, dank, dark, empty, never-ending, terrifying, horrific, grotesque-looking, foul-smelling, frightening, sinister-looking, fetid, void in the ground.

Masayoshi appeared over her shoulder, “Hey what’s that?”

Yue jumped a good foot, and waved her arms around as to not fall into the hole, she fell on her end. Her face was bright red from surprise and fear. She looked up at the teenage teacher and sighed, then she pointed a shaky hand at the hole, “That’s a tunnel leading down somewhere beneath this castle… what do you think did this, and where does it lead?”

Masayoshi shrugged, “Only one way to find out!” and despite knowing the slim chance of survival, the teen jumped right in. Yue screamed and ran as fast as she could to where Negi was.

-

Connor quickly put on a brown fedora hat and put on a darkish brown jacket over a dirty white t-shirt. He strapped an old fashioned WWI bag along his shoulder and put a Webley MK VI into its holster on his right side. He brushed some dirt off of his gray pants and then looked at himself in the mirror. He nodded in approval.

Ku Fei held his old clothes in her hands; she smiled at him in a fan girl’s loving smile. Negi, right beside her, also smiled a very odd looking smile of someone daydreaming, “I’ve always loved Indiana Jones movies…”

Connor whistled, “Damn, I pull this off nicely!”

Yue suddenly skid into the room, gasping for breath, “M-Masa… Masayoshi! He… he fell into a hole!”

Connor turned his head, raising a single eyebrow, “Fell?”

Yue sweatdropped, “Well… actually… he jumped… but that’s not the point!” she suddenly became much more serious, “We need to go after him!”

Negi looked at Yue, then back at Connor, “Connor-san! We have to save him!”

Connor sighed a grabbed a whip of the table, and grudgingly walked towards the door to the giant hole, “He has to do this on the vacation… that son of a bi…”

-

Masayoshi walked around the cavern overrun with cobwebs, he occasionally called out, “Negi!? Connor!? …Mommy?” but no one answered. He scratched his head and laughed a little, “I suppose now that I think about it, that ranks about number two for the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. Number one being me forgetting my book on that blasted vehicle… well at least this place isn’t monster-ridden.” Hundreds of red eyes suddenly flared open at the foolish teen. Masayoshi blinked, “Well that’s what I get for opening my mouth…. Ha ha…ha...”

-

Connor turned to his companions, the most powerful, tough, loyal, and useful team he could come up with… and of those still awake. Negi, Ku Fei, Kaede, Natsumi, Yue, Nodoka and Sayo.

Connor smirked, “So… anyone know how deep it is? The hole I mean.”

Yue threw in a rock, everyone patiently waited for something, a splash, a crack, and even an exclamation from Masayoshi would have been nice. Yue turned back to the group as a barely audible plunk was heard. Connor crossed his arms, “Well we don’t have a rope long enough… so there’s only one way to get him.”

With that, he jumped, but not before grabbing Ku Fei, who grabbed Negi, who grabbed Nodoka, who in turn grabbed Yue, who then grabbed Natsumi, who grabbed Kaede, who shook her head on the way down muttering, “Unbelievable de gozaru.” Sayo, in all of the mayhem, tripped and fell down after them.

Connor landed on a large pile of something that he didn’t want to know what it was. But unfortunately for him, Ku Fei landed on his back, forcing his head to shove itself into the disgusting scum.

Ku Fei using Connor’s back as a board, planted both hands on his back and heaved herself off, with a perfect ten point landing nearby, the other girls, falling consecutively, did the same, except for Sayo, who landed a bit farther off course and didn’t even come close to landing on Connor.

Connor pulled his head out of the muck and gasped, “Ugh! That was disgusting! Why would you do such a thing!?”

Ku Fei looked as though she were about to burst into tears, “I sorry Connor… so sorry…”

Connor opened his mouth to respond, but bit his tongue and instead he slowly walked up to her and put his arms around her shoulder, holding her for support, all the while he had a weird expression on his face, something along the lines of fright, depression, embarrassment, and joy, Yeah, it was that weird-looking.

Negi and the rest of the girls made the “Aww…” sound.

-

Masayoshi punched the giant rat. “Ugh! I hate rats!” He jumped back and yelped as another jumped down from the ceiling, “Why would you do such a thing!?” He stomped on its tail and watched as the beast ran off making a disturbing screeching noise. Masayoshi wiped the sweat off his brow, “Phew… thank God…”

Another dozen or so normal sized rats fell from the ceiling, Masayoshi screamed as the rats fell on his head and shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes. “Ah! Why would you be so cruel!?”

-

Connor grabbed Ku Fei around the waist and using his whip in his right hand, snapped at a conveniently placed wooden rod protruding from the top of the wall. The whip stuck, and he swung himself over, but as he neared the ledge on the opposite end, his hand slipped and he released the whip, allowing his momentum to carry him to the other side, but leaving Negi and the other girls stranded on the opposite end of the deep rift.

Negi put his hands around his mouth to try to carry his words across the ridge, “Connor! I’ll try to lead the girls along a different way! Masayoshi must have used a different way!”

Connor nodded and he and Ku Fei quickly went down the cavern, eventually finding themselves in a great golden room full of treasures that the human mind could not have even dared dream about.

Ku Fei stared in wonder like a fly to the light. A bit of drool came out of her mouth.

Connor didn’t stare at the gold, he stared at something a bit more interesting, there, on a pedestal on the far side, was a beautiful diamond ring, the diamond as big as his head! And he had a big head. He quickly went up to it, but found himself wondering if it was booby-trapped, he searched for about thirty seconds, but found nothing suspicious. He quickly picked the ring up and rubbed his chin with the opposite hand, inspecting the ring’s beauty.

“Connor!”

Connor turned around and rolled his eyes, a giant round boulder was coming down from the ceiling, he dropped the ring, quickly turned around, and ran, and he ran like a freaking gazelle. He stooped for a moment to pick Ku Fei up, who was screaming now. He soon felt as though the theme for Indiana Jones was playing somewhere nearby, he shook his head and saw the large gap he jumped not moments ago, Negi and the girls were still there, trying to think of where to go. With a mighty leap, he cleared the gap, which the rock tumbled down to, safely leaving Connor, Negi, Ku Fei, Kaede, Nodoka, Yue, and Sayo unharmed.

Negi looked in horror at Connor, “What happened to Masayoshi!? Where did he go!?”

“Where did I go?”

Everyone, even the rats, turned their heads to face the black haired, bespectacled, gakuran-wearing, and some what thin, a sort of weakling looking, and completely oblivious-to-the-world’s-evils-despite-his-odd-job looking, totally laid-back teenage teacher they all knew and in one part of their heart or another, loved or, in Connor’s case, respected the boy. Connor noticed he had in his hand a large stereo playing a theme song silently.

Connor sweatdropped, “We thought you were stuck down here!”

Masayoshi raised his eyebrow, “Oh really? I’m not stuck, there’s a ladder over here.” He pointed behind him where a beam of light shone on a sturdy ladder, “It connects us right to the vehicle actually; I already went back up and told the girls we’re heading out. Let’s go.”

-

Connor was still wearing the odd clothes as he drove listening to RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES on volume 11. Masayoshi was in the shotgun seat, smiling foolishly.

Connor turned the music off for a moment, and looked at Masayoshi, “Was our stay at that castle… did we do anything that had any purpose?”

Masayoshi smiled, “Nope. None whatsoever.”

Connor opened his mouth as if to argue, but nodded, then looked back at the road, “Thought so…” he clicked the volume back to 11.

-

Yeah… this chapter too, is a bust… I don’t know what’s wrong with me… maybe I need a break… oh well, I got par. True Serac, my friend, tee off and let’s see what you can do.