Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ Mai-HiME: "Loose Threads" ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mai-HiME: "Loose Threads"
 
Chapter 3
 
 
Yuuki Nao preferred nights like this. It was late and stillness blanketed the girls' dorm. All of her noisy dorm mates had given up their giggle-filled gossip sessions and gone to bed.
 
Even the birds ceased their jarring, atonal songs and turned in for the night. All that remained was the sound of the breeze flowing through the open window. Light from the full-moon showed through that window casting its pale brilliance upon her bed.
 
Said moonlight also showered upon the lithe form lying there. A girl at or near Nao's age, but with smaller proportions lay facing away from her. The bed sheets were pulled down so Nao could trace the fine lines of her bare shoulders, the curve of her back, the slight rise of her posterior.
 
Even if that last was hidden beneath the sheet, Nao found the outline alluring. Minagi Mikoto was a late bloomer, yet her blossoming promised to be most beautiful. The straight lines of her youthful body were slowly softening into more feminine curves. Her hips had become more pronounced, legs had grown longer and more toned. And while she'd never be as well endowed as the freakishly top-heavy Tokiha woman, Nao found Mikoto's bust to be the perfect handful.
 
"How obscene of me!" Nao laughed softly to herself. She'd been doing a lot of that lately. Somehow just being around Mikoto made her feel better. Made her feel wanted.
 
"Is that what Tokiha get's from you?" Nao asked the dozing girl. "Is that what you want from her as well?"
 
Looking at the sleeping girl, Yuuki Nao was befuddled by Tokiha Mai's reluctance to accept Mikoto's feelings, or to even acknowledge them.
 
Minagi Mikoto was such an interesting person. Much like the blade of a finely honed sword, she was strong and sharp, able to cut through most problems without much effort. Yet, if the blade were to strike an unyielding surface, its brittle edge would chip, its cutting power dulled.
 
The feral girl had come to her one night, her edge chipped and broken on the unyielding stone of unrequited love. And Nao took her in, taking what pain she could from the girl.
 
Unable to resist the urge, Nao reached out and traced her fingers along the smaller girl's spine, pleased at the other's slight shiver and light hmmm, of recognition.
 
It would be so easy to love a girl like her. Mikoto loved all the way or not at all. On the surface it seems simple-minded of the girl, however "all the way" meant that she loved with her entire being. She would gladly trade her life for the ones she loved. But, since she expected nothing at all in return, she treated every sign of affection from others as a gift from Heaven.
 
Nao's hand returned to caress Mikoto's bare shoulder and wrapped her hand around it.
 
Nao's grip tightened, her fingernails biting into the soft skin as she roughly turned the girl to face her. She descended upon Mikoto, more ravishing her lips than actually kissing them, forcing her tongue inside her mouth.
 
Nao stifled a yelp of pain as a hand found her red hair and pulled sharply. She suddenly found herself on her back staring up at a pair of hungry, golden eyes.
 
Yes, it would be easy to love a girl like Minagi Mikoto.
 
But love wasn't what Nao wanted.