Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ What we do for love ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]
"...My mother's in town, and needs a place to stay." The words hit Natsuki like a ton of bricks. She felt her jaw drop, her eyes widen, and her hands clench into fists. "Shizuru...please. Tell me you're joking," She managed to get out through gritted teeth. Shizuru's expression dropped, and she felt her puppy dog eyes appear, the ones she used only when Natsuki was on the brink of detonation. "I haven't seen her in years. She's always been there when I needed her, and really, it won't be for that long. And plus, spending more time together will be a healthy experience..." Shizuru knew she was babbling, but at that point, she would have done anything to make Natsuki stop glaring daggers at her. "I don't want that woman in my apartment. It's just not happening. End of discussion." Shizuru's mouth opened slightly, and she felt the tears start to form. The sudden harshness in Natsuki's voice made Shizuru reel back. Her head lifting slowly to meet her lover's eyes, she said softly "I thought this was a partnership. What's mine is yours...and vice versa. This shouldn't be discussed. It should just happen." With that statement hanging in the air, she stormed off to their bedroom, a river of tears making it's way down her face. Natsuki sat there, contemplating what to do, jumping at the force at which the door was slammed. She sighed loudly, knowing that she had to make things right. She knew she had overreacted. Yet again, her temper had lead the way to disaster, and she had hurt the one she cared for most. Getting up, she quickly went over what she was going to say. She knocked lightly on the door, hardly expecting a response. Craning her neck, she heard the faint, but distinct murmur of "Go away."
"Shizuru...please. Open the door. We need to talk." A loud scoff was heard, along with a stifled sniffling sound. "Don't you think you've said enough? Just leave me alone." Natsuki groaned internally, preparing herself for the confrontation about to occur. 'Alright, Kuga. You got yourself into this mess, now get out quickly, with all limbs intact.' Opening the door slowly, her emerald eyes searched until they met a dangerous looking pair or crimson. Shizuru was sprawled out on their bed, a box of tissues on her stomach, an angry mask covering her normally porcelain features. "I said go away. I have nothing more to say to you right now." Natsuki, expecting this kind of reaction, moved forward and kneeled by the side of the bed. Moving cautiously, she gently took Shizuru's hand in her own, and began. "I'm sorry. For everything. I didn't mean to snap at you. My emotions were out of control, and I wasn't thinking. It's just...your mother doesn't like me very much. We've never gotten along. She thinks that you should have hooked up with some rich, handsome guy, gotten married and had children, and lived happily ever after. Instead she gets me." Shizuru sat up slowly, finally realizing the source of her partners distress. It was indeed true that Natsuki and her mother had 'crossed swords' before. It was never a pretty sight. Names were thrown around that left the three raw for hours.
Natsuki shifted her body again, and grasped Shizuru's other hand. "But this is for you. If this is what you truly want, I won't go against it. I should have agreed from the start. And babe? I'm sorry I made you cry." With that said, she leaned forward to kiss away the remaining drops of moisture on Shizuru's cheeks.
The brunette inhaled deeply, and threw her arms around the midnight-haired beauty, choking back sobs. Just as Shizuru was about to respond to what had been said, a loud knock was heard from the front door of the apartment. Natsuki tightened up immediately, and whispered softly..."Here we go..."

----------------------------------------------------------- -------------

So there it is. Another chapter. I know it seems kinda pointless, but I swear it's going somewhere. There will be much in the way of drama. But I need to know if I should continue. If readers don't want me to, I'll stop. :) Don't want to bore you all.