Marmalade Boy Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Lovely Apartments ❯ Where it all starts... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: where it all began…
Nami looked at the worn down apartment building in front of her. “'Lovely Hotels: Vacancies.' I can see why. But I do need somewhere to crash, so…” she picked up her suitcases and entered through the front door.
When she reached the reception desk, a tall, tan Japanese girl with a dirty blonde Mohawk looked up from her Nintendo DS and stood up.
“Hi! I'm Koi Ichihara, the manager of this joint! What can I do for you?” the girl said, grinning.
“Hi, I'm Nami, and I'd like to rent an apartment out. How may I do so?”
“Well, the cost is $500 a month, and the start up cost is $100. Then you have to fill these forms out.”
Nami thought,'$500? What a cheap place!' She batted her eyelashes and said, “Oh gosh, I didn't bring much money with me! I only have $100. If I pay the start up fee, I'll be broke!” She knew her manipulation and charm would work.
Koi didn't know what to think. Is she for real? Is she faking? She decided to trust Nami, just because she's a kind person.
“Ok, no start up fee, but you better get a job. I'm not gonna let you skip rent!”
Nami liked that idea. She filled out the forms, and she was ready to see her room.
Nami decided to turn her charm on again. “Oh, I've been walking so long with these bags! My arms hurt! Can you carry them up to my room for me please?”
Koi was impressed with how manipulating this girl was. She picked up Nami's bags, and they headed for her new room in the Lovely Apartments…where your life becomes a romance story.