MARS Fan Fiction ❯ Marriage, Millionaires, and Motorcycles ❯ Getting Back Up ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Sorry, haven't written in a while, please forgive me! lol. Anyway, I've been swamped with projects and i've been sick too, so cut me some slack. I like to take a break too. I sound mean. Sorry again. Anyway, I think I'm going to move the court daete up just cuz noone's been letting me kno how it works. So ima write this big so someone actually reads it: DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW A COURT CASE LIKE THIS ONE WOULD WORK? Cuz I got a lot of stuff to do, don't got time to watch judge mathis or judy so i need sum help. thanks! And if you don't, I'll just figure sumthing out, totally skip the court case maybe. now, ima just get to work now. bye! Enjoy, read and review!

Disclaimer: No, no, MARS doesn't belong to me. Please stop laughing now.

Chapter Three: Getting Back Up

"Ugh, yuck. That's disgusting! Ow! Don't touch it!" Rei tried to cover up his bloody leg with the blankets without touching it, "Don't, it hurts!" Kira stood beside him, "She has to change them or you'll get infected. It'll be even uglier than that." Rei stuck out his bottom lip, "You're calling me ugly?" Kira rolled her eyes as the nurse quickly lifted Rei's leg, ignoring his shriek, and slicing the bandages off. She skillfully rewrapped the leg in fresh bandages and rested his leg back down, "There, that wasn't so hard, now was it?" Rei kept his eyes tightly shut, "You all say the same lies." The nurse had left before he could finish answering. Rei sighed and leaned his head back in the pillows, "Urg, she was mean. That hurt a lot."

Kira gave him a quick kiss on the lips, "You want to try walking around now? We don't have to go to the physical therapy room, we could just try walking around this wing of the hospital." Rei yawned, "Naw. I'm getting tired." Kira said, "It's already been a week since you woke up. You have to start some therapy or you won't be well enough to go to court next week. After your father went to all that trouble, the least you could do is be prepared."

"Well, lucky for us, the date was rescheduled." Mr.Kashino walked in and smiled, "How are you doing, Rei?" Rei shrugged, "Been better." Kira asked, "So, when will the case be?" "In a month. That should be enough time for you to recover, right Rei? Well, if you actually listen to Kira for once, I'm sure it would." Rei shrugged, "Whatever. I'm hungry. Kira, baby, could you..." "Okay Rei, I'll get you something to eat." She left the room.

Mr.Kashino smiled, "So, when's my baby coming?" Rei sighed, "Not yet, dad, not yet. Before I help bring a kid into this world I at least want to be ready to take care of it. First, me and Kira are moving out of my apartment. It's not in good condition, a bad location. And besides, it's getting torn down in two months. So, with the money I won during the race combined with our savings, we're going to try to get a better place to live. Then we'll start saving up for a child." He stared out of the window, a faint smile on his lips, "Sometimes I just can't wait. I mean, we've talked about it, we're both dying to have a kid of our own. But we also want to raise it right. I'm not letting my kid be as messed up as I am." Mr.Kashino smiled, "I think you'd be a good father, Rei." Rei looked up at him, "You think so?" Mr.Kashino nodded, "Yes. I can tell. You've got a lot of love. And you also want to be able to share something special with Kira. I think that's wonderful." Rei grinned, "So, dad, was it a boy you wanted?" Mr.Kashino laughed, "Anything's fine, I just want a grandchild!"

Kira walked in with a tray, "Grandchild?" Mr. Kashino and Rei laughed.

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

"Okay, Rei. Time for some exersice!" Rei groaned at the nosy doctor he met earlier, "But last time I tried my leg almost fell off!" The doctor laughed, "Oh, c'mon, it wasn't that bad, just a little bleeding. I fixed it up in no time at all. Now you're ready to try again, so get up!" Kira held Rei's hand and helped him to get up. Rei took in a sharp breath and cursed at the pain in his leg, "This fuckin' sucks."

Kira and Rei tried walking around the wing first. After a few minutes, Rei had totally forgotten about his leg, "So, anyway, remember when my dad was here?" Kira nodded, "Yeah, what were you two talking about? I heard 'grandchild'." Rei grinned, "Exactly! Well, for him exactly, but for us, our own kid!" Kira smiled, "Yeah. That would be great." "So, how about it? As soon as I'm better and we're outta that apartment, you wanna try?" Kira stopped and stared at Rei, "Rei, we talked about this before. You know that-" "We have to have enough to support it and the time to take care of it. I know all that Kira! But you don't know something." Kira asked, "What?" "I did some calculating a while back, when we were just beginning to talk about it. And I figured that if I did a little extra work on the side, won a few races, and saved some money, we'd have enough money. And now that I won the Suzuka, we'll have more than enough money!"

Kira said, "But there was the five-thousand dollar prize and the bike. How are you splitting this with Akitaka and Kyoko?" Rei chuckled, "I already took care of that. Kyoko will take the bike, I'll take the money. Kyoko has been needing a new one since her other bike got wrecked up during practice, and she knows I need the money because of us. So, Kira, I took care of everything. How about it? Please say yes!" Kira smiled, "Well, I guess I'll have to cut a few classes in art school." Rei interrupted her, "You don't even have to do that! I've been practicing a lot only so I could compete more and make more money, but now that we're set, I won't have to spend too much time there. And you start your classes in the afternoon, my practice is in the morning, we'll have and hour together in between, and then the evening. And I promise, Kira, I'll take good care of you. If you call me, I'll come, no matter where I am, I'll do whatever you want as long as you're happy." Rei stared at her hoprefully, "C'mon!" Kira smiled, "I'll do the same for you Rei. Let's have a baby." Rei grinned from ear to ear, "Woohoo! Yeah!" He gave Kira a big kiss and then stopped a doctor in the hallway, "We're gonna have a baby!" The doctor looked confused, but said, "Um, congratulations?" Rei turned back to Kira, "Oh my God! We're gonna have a baby! I love you, Kira!" He took her into a big hug and she laughed, "I love you too, Rei!

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

Rei walked around the huge hallway, muttering under his breath, "Open the fucking door!" A moment later, Harumi walked inside from the elevator, "Oh, Rei! What areyou doing here? I thought you were supposed to be in the hospital." Rei shrugged, "I got better, had some motivation." He grinned at the thought. "Anyway, where's Tatsuya?" Harumi said, "Well, he's usually in school at this time. Why? Did he say he was going to meet you?" "Yeah, the asshole said, 'Be here at one', and here he isn't!" Harumi rolled her eyes, "Well, he tends to be late sometimes. Just come in." She opened the door, revealing a large, lavish apartment, decorated with a very modern, yet sexy flair. She threw her purse and keys on a table near the door and kicked off her sandals, "So, how are things with you and Kira? She told me you were coming here to tell us something, she wouldn't spill the beans." Rei closed the door and took off his shoes, "Yeah, actually we decided on something." Harumi narrowed her eyes at him, "Good or bad news?" Rei smiled, "Great news actually." "Then tell me." "We're gonna have a baby."

The door burst open, "You've gotta be kidding me, Rei!" Tatsuya ripped his shoes off and gave Rei a punch on the shoulder, "That's great!" Harumi smiled, "Wow. Is she already pregnant?" Rei shook his head, "No. I just got out of the hospital two days ago and the doctor said no sex or I'd rip my leg open. And you know Kira, if the doctor says one week, it's one week." Tatsuya shrugged, "Whatever, that's still so cool. But what are you gonna do? Don't you have to move soon anyway? Do you have money? If you need anything, you know you can always-" Rei said, "Nah, that's okay. I'd saved enough for a while, but the race just gave me that five-thousand, so we're set. We're just going to move to a better area, nicer apartment." Harumi grinned, "Oh, I'm sure the baby will be cute, whether it's a boy or a girl. With Rei and Kira's looks, it's bound to be gorgeous!" Rei laughed.

Rei sighed, "Well, I told you my story. What's up with you guys? Did you get any new jobs, Harumi? I something about a popstar..?" Harumi smiled, "Yep, I used to do makeup just for some rising actors and actresses, but somehow, word got to this pop star and she hired me. She seems pretty popular, so I might be able to reel in the big bucks." Rei chuckled, "That's cool. Maybe we can all go to a concert sometime." Harumi reminded him, "Better be soon, 'cause later Kira's gonna be busy being pregnant, and after that,you've got a kid to take care of." Rei said, "Oh yeah. Anyway, Tatsuya, you?" Tatsuya shrugged, "Not much. Still doing a bunch of schooling and practice, making some money in between." "What are you doing again?" Tatsuya said, "A plastic surgeon. Tough as hell, but it's pretty interesting too. Bet you never would've thought I'd try this when we were in high school, right!" Rei burst out laughing, "Hell no! You were so worried that you wouldn't get into the colleges you applied for! But that's great."

"But, when are you two gonna get married?" Tatsuya and Harumi looked at each other and smiled, "We don't know." Rei laughed, "I married Kira as soon as I could, and you guys have been going out for about five years and Tatsuya still hasn't popped the question? Wow, man." Tatsuya shrugged it off, "Hey, we like it like that. And we wanna see if we can stand each other for a few more years. Then, maybe we'll get married." Harumi smiled and gave Tatsuya a kiss on the cheek, "You can wait, can't you?" Tatsuya smiled, "Yep."

Rei said, "Okay, enough of that mushy stuff. I gotta get to work now. It was great seeing you guys." Tatsuya and Harumi gave him a hug and Harumi added, "Tell Kira not to come near my place until she's good and fertilized!" Rei smirked, "Oh, don't worry, I'll make sure that's soon." Tatsuya punched him on the arm again, "Sure, sure. See ya, you hedonist."

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

"Jump up and down on that leg." The doctor watched as Rei jumped around in a little circle with ease. "Now lift your leg onto the bed and try to touch your toes." Rei did as he was told. The doctor smiled, "Well, looks like you're good to go, Kashino. Pleasure doing business with you." Rei said, "Finally, I can't wait to go home tonight!" The doctor said, "But, you were allowed to be sent home a few days ago." Rei pointed at him, "But, not allowed to have sex. I'm gonna make a baby tonight!" The doctor chuckled as Rei sprinted out of the room. "Young love."

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

InvincibleInuYasha: How was that? Short? Well, this was the first time I wrote one chapter in a day so, yeah. And I've totally ignored my two other fics. Anyway, I have a question for you devout readers, it's all based on your opinion. Okay, I was thinking, this could be a short story, going maybe a few more chapters, or I could make this a really long story, going years and years ahead of the tale. I'm leaning towards the latter, but like I said, it's up to you, it's what the readers want. Maybe you just want a shorter version cuz it'll be faster for me to finish since I rarely update this much. But I'll try to make the longer version more exciting. Yeah, so think about, review, let me kno, cuz I have to know soon. I can end this story in two chapters or twenty. So, R&R, see ya!