MARS Fan Fiction ❯ Marriage, Millionaires, and Motorcycles ❯ Confronting the Enemy ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Hey, I'm on a writing spree, hooray! New plot development is just great! So, it's been decided. Baby time! But I gotta figure out how to fill in the empty space. Hmmm. I'll figure it out. I think I'm going to add a little bit of angst or pain in this chapter, there isn't enough, lol. R&R!

Disclaimer: MARS isn't mine, duh.

Chapter Four: Confronting the Enemy

Rei yawned and opened his eyes. The sun was bright in his eyes. He looked over to the other side of the bed. It was empty. Rei got up and pulled on the pair of jeans he'd thrown on the floor the night before, "Kira?" He looked around the room, checked the kitchen, and sighed, "Urg, Kira, where are you?" He went to the bathroom, but the door was closed and locked. Rei knocked, "Kira, baby, are you in there?" Rei pressed his ear up to the door and heard a muffled cry. He knocked again, "Kira, are you okay? Open the door."

Rei ran his fingers through his hair, "Kira, please, open the door!" He heard a click and he opened the door slowly. He couldn't open it much because Kira was sitting behind it. Rei could see her legs and feet coming out from behind. He sighed, "Kira, baby, what's wrong?" Kira mumbled, "It didn't work." Rei looked on top of the sink and saw an open box of pregnancy tests. He shook his head, "Don't be so upset about it Kira, it's too bad it didn't work, but, we'll try again." Kira sniffed, "But I'm scared."

Rei squeezed through the door and sat in front of Kira, taking her hand in his, "Scared? Of what?" Kira said, "That I might not be able to do it. I'm scared that maybe something's wrong with me that I can't get pregnant." Rei pulled her arm and held Kira, taking in the scent of her hair, "Nothing's wrong with you. You've never felt anything strange, have you?" Kira was quiet. Rei held Kira away and looked at her, "Have you?" Kira said, "Only sometimes. I'm scared it could be bad though. Maybe I got something that one time..." Rei stared at her. Why hadn't she mentioned this before? This could be serious and she kept quiet. Rei asked, "Has this been going on long? Since then? Is it serious?" Kira started to cry again, "I've been feeling strange since then. But I didn't really think much about it before. Rei, I'm scared." Rei held her close, "We'll go to the doctor. Today. We'll check and see what we can do about it. Don't worry Kira, I love you."

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

Kira held Rei's hand tightly. The doctor's office always gave her the heebiejeebies, but this time she was waiting for results that could change both of their lives. Rei squeezed back. He was also nervous. They'd both been wanting to have a child and now Kira realized she could be sick. Rei was also being tested just in case because if worse comes to worse, he and Kira would both need treatment.

"Rei and Kira Kashino? Please go to office four." Kira got up shakily and Rei let out a ragged breath, "Let's go." They walked through the tiny hall lined with closed doors. They reached office four and sat in two chairs that were in front of a large oak desk. There were books with titles in different languages, papers, and about a thousand pens all over the desk. Over the wall were degrees, stickers, and posters about sex and the reproductive systems. Then a younger man walked in. He wore a long white lab coat and shiny black shoes. He had strange instruments in his chest pocket.

The doctor sat down behind his desk and looked through a folder, "Hmm, you want to hear the good news first, or the bad?" Rei looked at Kira and said, "Give us the bad news." The doctor sighed and looked at Kira as well, "Mrs.Kashino, you tests turned out positive for chlamydia." Kira swallowed, but remained quiet. The doctor then glanced at the folder again, "But luckily, there's more good news than bad. From the X-rays we took, we found out your fallopian tubes and your uterus are still good enough to harbor a child. It'll just be a little more difficult to get there. And to prevent any discomfort, we've got some effective medicines. But you also have to come back if you become pregnant. We'll need to give you more treatment to ensure the safety of yourself and your baby." He looked up to see if they were getting all of this, "Ah, yes, and Rei, you luckily came out negative, so we won't have to worry about any problems with your fertility if you're really looking to have a child. So, Kira, I'm going to give you a prescription for some pills. Just take two, once daily. Oh, and to make sure that no one will catch this, no sex until you've been using the medicine for at least a week. If you wanna be really safe, make it two. And make sure to take the whole prescription, even if you feel better, otherwise the disease will just come back." He ripped off a piece of paper from a prescription pad, signed it, and handed it to Rei, "And just make an appointment at the front desk for next week, we'll need a follow-up appointment to see how Kira's doing."

"So, do you have ny questions?" Rei said, "Um, could you tell me when she contracted the disease?" Rei was scared that he may have done this to Kira. He would hate himself for it. The doctor asked, "When did you start having a sexually active relationship?" Rei thought, "Three, almost four years ago." "Hmm, I'm pretty sure it was even before that, long before that, maybe. It's actually surprising that she's in such good condition, and that you haven't been infected." Rei nodded, "Thank you, doctor." He shook his hand and then walked out of the office, holding Kira's hand. They made another appointment and went outside to Rei's bike. Kira held her hands over her face and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Rei turned to her and held her. He whispered to her, "It's okay, Kira. It's not your fault. I love you." But right now, Rei was livid. How could Kira's stepfather have raped her and infected her, and not even feel guilty about it? Of all the times Rei wanted to shred him apart with his bare hands, he wanted to now more than ever. Kira cried into Rei's chest, mumbling incoherently, "Sorry... should have... love you.." Rei caressed her back comfortingly and kissed the top of her head, "C'mon, let's go home." As they rode home, Kira held onto Rei tightly, crying.

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

"Rei, are you sure you want to do this?" Rei stood in front of Kira's old home and nodded, "Yeah. It's about time I did something about this." He knocked on the door and an older woman answered, "Oh, Rei, Kira! I wasn't expecting you. Please, come in." After a few minutes, they found themselves in the kitchen as Kira's mother made tea, "So, how are you? Surprising me with a visit all of a sudden, I've got to wonder." Kira folded her hands on top of her lap and sighed, "Rei actually wants to talk to dad. Is he here?" Kira's mother turned around in surprise, "Oh. Um, he'll be home soon, maybe in fifteen minutes. Why? Is there something wrong?" Rei said, "Yes. But I'll talk to him about it." He sounded as if he were restricting a lot of anger though his visage was calm.

After two cups of tea and a lot of small talk, the front door could be heard opening, "I'm home." Rei was gripping the edge of the table until he was white-knuckled. The kitchen door opened and Rei could nearly feel Kira shudder though she wasn't touching him. The man who walked through the door had a look of bewilderment and fear when he saw Kira and Rei at the kitchen table, staring at him. Rei got up and said, "I need to talk to you." The man stared, dumbfounded, for a moment before he nodded and hesitantly led him to another part of the house.

When it was calm in the kitchen, Kira's mother asked, "W-what's going on? What does he have to talk to your father about?" Kira stared into her empty teacup, "Mom, do you remember that time when I was in eighth grade?"

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

"I know what you did to her back then, so don't try to deny it. I came to talk about something else that happened that day." Rei stared at the man. But he didn't look very angry, rather, he looked very hurt. Kira's father said shakily, "So then, what is it?" Rei sighed, "You don't even realize what you did that day, do you? Not only did you rape her, but you made her sick. We found out a few days ago that she has chlamydia." Kira's father sat there, stunned for a moment. But then he said, "No! It couldn't have been me!" Rei raised his voice, "How else could she have gotten it!? I got tested too, I was negative, it wasn't me. It could only be you! You're the one who raped her! How else could she have gotten it!?" Kira's father crossed his arms and looked away, "Well, you never know. Before you, she could have just been sleeping around."

Rei's fist slammed into the man's face, "Don't you dare talk about my wife like that, you fucking asshole! She would never do that, not after what you did to her! She was terrified! How can you just deny everything and act like nothing happened!?" Rei punched him again, "You're sick! The least you could do is apologize to her! Because of you, she's scared because she's sick!" Rei fell to his knees and punched the ground, releasing a strangled cry, "You've ruined her life too many times! Even if you pretend it never happened, Kira remembers and suffers every day! The least you could do is feel guilty and say you're sorry!"

Kira burst into the room, quickly followed by her mother. Both men were on the floor, Kira's father recovering from the blows to his face, and Rei recovering from his emotional episode. Kira ran to Rei's side and wrapped her arms around him, tears running down her face, "Rei."

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

Kira held her arms tightly around Rei. The wind speeding around them as Rei drove the motorcycle never failed to soothe Kira when she was upset. Rei could say the same thing. Kira thought about what had just happened at her mother's house. It all went by so fast after her father had arrived.

Rei got up and said, "I need to talk to you." Kira's father was shocked for a moment, but then led him to another room. Kira's mother asked, "W-what's going on? What does he have to talk to your father about?" Kira stared into her empty teacup, "Mom, do you remember that time when I was in eighth grade?" Kira's mother looked a little guilty, "Yes, honey. What about it?" Kira sighed, "I hope you didn't sleep with dad. He gave me chlamydia." Kira's mother gasped, putting a hand over her mouth, "Oh my goodness!" The tears were already welling up in her eyes as she walked over to Kira, hugging her closely, "Oh, Kira, that's terrible! I'm so sorry!" Kira was going to tell her that she wasn't in such bad condition when she heard shouting from upstairs.

"Don't you dare
talk about my wife like that, you fucking asshole! She would never do that, not after what you did to her!" Kira got up and helped her mother to follow her as she ran down the hallway to the stairs. "She was terrified! How can you just deny everything and act like nothing happened!?" Kira heard a slapping noise and a loud thump on the floor. "You're sick! The least you could do is apologize to her! Because of you, she's scared because she's sick!" Kira heard another thump on the floor, though it wasn't as loud. Rei's voice began to choke up, "You've ruined her life too many times! Even if you pretend it never happened, Kira remembers and suffers every day! The least you could do is feel guilty and say you're sorry!" Kira slammed the door open and took in everything. On the opposite side of the room, her stepfather was struggling to get up, his hand over his mouth, dripping blood. Rei was closer to the door, on his knees, leaning on his knuckles. He was staring at the floor, his long hair covering his face. His breathing was ragged. Kira ran up to him and wrapped her arms around him as best as she could, "Rei."

After the stunned moment of silence, Rei got up, still facing the floor as he wiped his eyes on his sleeve and sniffed. When he lifted his head, Kira could see his eyes were red and watery. Kira held him closely, "Rei, please. Let's go home." "Wait."

Kira's stepfather had somewhat cleaned himself up with a towel from a laundry basket in the corner. He slowly went on his knees and said, "He's right. I've been avoiding it for too long. Kira, I am truly sorry. I had no idea that I would have infected you. Even for doing that to you in the first place was terrible of me. Please, Kira, if you can, forgive me." Kira stared at him, "You should know that after raping me I wouldn't forgive you, ever. And you got me sick. If I don't recover well, I'll probably never be able to have a child." Her stepfather looked up at her, defeated. Then, Kira said, "But thank you for apologizing."

Rei led her out of the house and handed her a helmet when Kira's mother called out, "Kira." Kira looked back and her mother said, "Please, take care of yourself." Kira smiled, "Bye, mom."

When the bike stopped, Kira was surprised at how fast the ride was. She looked around, "Rei, why are we here?" Rei removed his helmet and smiled at Kira, his eyes still red and lightly puffy, "I just want to spend some time with you. I mean, with your school, and then the racing season coming up, we won't have that much alone time." Kira smiled and took his hand as they walked into the park in front of a familiar apartment complex, "Where we first met. I'm glad I came here that day." Rei grinned, "Me too. Imagine if either one of us hadn't." Kira frowned, "We probably would've never really met." Rei nodded, but then he grinned again, "But hey, back then I was a horndog, you were the quiet one. Opposites attract! I would've come to you sooner or later, I bet." Kira smiled and kissed Rei on the lips, "I love you."

*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*~:~*

"I'm so sorry, Kira. You must feel awful!" Kira twisted the keychain on her cell phone and smiled, "No, it's not so bad. As long as Rei's with me, I'll be okay." Harumi laughed, "Hmm, you lovebirds. I'll be lucky if Tatsuya makes me breakfast when I have a cold." Kira said, "Well, I usually do the cooking for Rei. I'd actually be a little scared to eat anything other thancereal or eggs if he makes it." Harumi giggled, "You'll hurt his feelings if you say that to him!" Kira smirked, "Oh, he knows already. That's why he makes sure there's always a micromve meal handy." Harumi laughed hysterically, "Wow, I can already see him trying to work a microwave!"

Kira asked, "Hey, Harumi, how did you find out that I was sick, anyway?" Harumi stifled her laugher and said, "Oh, well, Rei had called Tatsuya telling him that he went to your parents' house yesterday, but he didn't give any details, but Tatsuya said he sounded pretty bummed out. So I got worried and I called your mom and asked what was going on and she told me everything. I was scared for a minute though. I thought you'd left Rei to go back and live with your parents, like you did in high school." Kira laughed, "Oh, sorry. No, I could never leave Rei. It's just that Rei wanted to talk to my stepdad about, try to get him to at least apologize. Rei sort of beat him up, but he eventually apologize." Harumi asked, "You didn't forgive him, did you?" Kira said, "No." "Good, because that pig shouldn't be forgiven." Kira said, "He must have said something bad about me because Rei started screaming at him, telling him not to talk about me like he did. When I asked Rei he just said it was nothing. But he really sort of flipped out." Harumi suggested, "Maybe he just said you got it from somewhere else. And since Rei knows that besides that asshole and him, you've never slept with anybody else. Rei probably flipped out because he knows you never would have done such a thing." Kira said, "Hmm. Well, whatever he said, I'm glad Rei defended me. It always makes me happy." Harumi laughed, "That's sweet. Oh, well Kira, I have to go to work, can't be late or the girl will totally go nuts." Kira said, "Okay, I'll talk to you later, bye." "Bye."

Kira got up from her bellyflop position on the bed and walked towards the window. Her easel, canvas, and paints stood near or on the windowsill. She pulled a little stool close and picked up her supplies. She looked over at the clock. It was 9:30 in the morning. Rei would have to be at the racetrack in an hour, "Rei! Are you done yet!" She heard the shower turn off and the door to the bathroom slammed open. Rei flew out of the room stark naked and gave Kira a quick kiss on the cheek before running back to the bathroom and closing the door. Kira was too stunned to move at the time, but then she cracked up, "Rei! What was that for!?" Rei tried to sing, but it came out as a howl, "I love you, Kira!!!" Kira laughed, "I love you too, Rei!" She tried to get back to her painting, but Rei came out of the bathroom, wearing jeans, and asked, "You wanna go to the track today? You don't have school today, right?" Kira said, "Okay." "But, you have that assignment, can you paint it there?" Kira said, "I could, but it'd take too long to dry. It's not due in a week, I'll just sketch something there for another assignment." Rei shrugged, "Works for me." He pulled on a shirt as Kira gathered a sketchbook and some pencils in a small bag.

Rei opened the apartment door for Kira and kissed her hand, "Your carriage awaits, my fair lady." Kira giggled, "And you are my knight in shining armor!" Rei pulled her by her hand and kissed her.



InvincibleInuYasha: Good chapter? You liked it? I hope so, After they left the doctors office, I was totally lost on what to do next. I don't know if it was too creative, but at least you see some of Rei's soft side, how much he loves Kira, lol. Anyway, send in some more reviews, I like them. I don't care if you flame me, they don't really bother me unless it's something I totally can't fix. But I'm sure I can figure out a way through everything, lol. I'm way too full of myself, I think that's enough of me hearing myself talk... or type. lol. R&R, chao!