Marvel Avengers Fan Fiction ❯ Clarity ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 She quickly ducked behind him, watching in amazement as hard metal engulfed Tony's arm the instant he held his free hand up, aiming the bright white-blue light that shone from his palm at the man holding the gun. At least it seemed like it. Knowing what she knew of the Billionaire (from all that the presentations and news reports she's watched) Tony always had the element of surprise. He always kept people guessing and this happens to be one of those times.


"What the hell is this now?" Ask the potential Hitman at seeing Tony's transformation into the invincible Iron Man.

Cat had to admit, despite his slightly off-putting straight forward attitude in the night club, seeing Tony Stark become Iron Man was really impressive, and flashy. Tony always had to be flashy it seems.

Tony just smirked from inside the suit. "Just in time. Thanks, Jarvis." He mumbled quietly, his eyes focusing on the hologram displayed that showed his vitals and information that Jarvis deemed relevant.

"Of course, sir. Just remember, this suit is still a prototype." The AI's voice greeted his ears, immediately rattling off all the possible dangers and problems Tony could encounter. Tony never exactly ignored these warnings. He was always grateful for the machine’s concern, but he always kept these dangers in the back of his mind and managed to turn said problems into something useful.

Duly noted, thanks, Jarvis. Tony thought to himself before focusing his attention on the gunman again. Cat was still behind him, obviously a bit startled and from the look on her face, she was awestruck. Again he smirked at this but the smirk became a frown as he glanced back at the dangerous man.

“What does it look like? I’m Iron Man.” the billionaire replied to the gunman’s question. “And buddy, I don’t think your toy gun is a match for my toy lasers.”

The other man’s shoulders shook from the obvious laughter bubbling inside of him. He finally raised both of his hands up in resignation as he smiled now. “Of course, I know that. Your toy is definitely superior to mine.”

Cat watched as the two men said this. She almost wanted to yell at them to do something already. But to say or anything at this point would definitely upset the balance of the universe, or so her friends would say. If this was a superhero flick, the first “villain” or bad guy the hero comes across would be nothing more than a minion, a disposable one at that, and the big bad villain wouldn’t appear until the hero had gathered all the clues as to what was going on. At least that’s what the Superhero movie laws would dictate, but this wasn’t a superhero movie, this was real life.

As Catmint knelt there behind Iron Man thinking all of this, a song started playing nearby, startling Cat as she felt her pocket vibrate from her phone. She quickly pulled her phone out of her pocket, only to be greeted by AC/DC’s Highway to Hell blasting as a ringtone.

Damn it!

Just from that song she knew it was--

The name Tony Stark flashed on the screen of her phone. Feeling a bit confused at this point, Cat tapped the screen, unlocking it. The second she placed the phone to her ear, she heard a mechanical voice speaking.

Don’t speak, just listen, Ms. Jones.” The voice said. Cat made a soft sound, indicating she was listening as the voice continued. “My name is Jarvis and I am speaking on behalf of Master Tony. When Mr. Stark gets ready to fire the laser, he wants you to grab onto him and hold on.

“Wait, what?” Cat squeaked, the woman glanced up at Iron Man briefly.

"You will only have a small time frame to grab on to Mr. Stark's suit." The AI replied, "So make sure you grab on to him right away so both of you can get away."

Her mind was buzzing in confusion, her entire body trembling at this point. Catmint just nodded, making a small sound of confirmation.

"Okay." She mumbled.

"She's ready for action, Mr. Stark."

"Right, thanks, Jarvis. Give her the signal just as I'm about to blast this asshole."

"Of course, Sir."

Tony aimed the palm of his hand at the gunman, "You still want the girl? You'll have to get through me." As the laser powered up, Tony called out to Jarvis. "Now, Jarvis!"

"Now, Ms. Jones."

The instant she heard the command, Cat quickly shoved her phone into the side pocket of her pants and grabbed onto the now fully suited Iron Man, Tony immediately taking off into the air as he fired off the laser.