Marvel Avengers Fan Fiction ❯ Clarity ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She didn't know why she ran away at hearing Tony's invitation to entering his lab. Maybe it was the fact that no guy has ever taken her back to his house let alone remembered she was still there after spending time with her. Most of her previous dates ended up in a disaster of sorts.

Once she reached the top of the stairs, Catmint immediately started for the guest bedroom when a voice stopped her in her tracks.

“It’s impolite to leave without saying goodbye."

Hearing Tony's voice made her heart jump, a shockwave rippling through her body. She slowly turned around to face him, her heart beating hard in her chest.

"I wasn't actually leaving. I forgot...I left my phone somewhere and I--!".

"You left your phone in the guest bedroom, Miss Jones."

Much like when she heard Tony's voice, Cat found herself jumping in shock at hearing Jarvis speaking. She gave a nervous smile.

"Thank you, Jarvis, you truly are a big help.” She muttered but she turned her gaze back to Tony and gave him a small smile. “Excuse me for one minute. I’m just going to go get my phone.”

Tony watched in amusement, one arm in front of his chest and one hand covering his mouth, as Cat walked off towards the where she thought the guest bedroom was.

“I don’t think your phone is in my bedroom, Snookie, though I wish our night ended in there.”

Although Tony was teasing her, Cat froze at hearing his words and she quickly spun around on her feet to face him. Her eyes glared darkly at him.

“We didn’t do anything last night! And for the last time, stop calling me Snookie, Snookums and all these other pet names. We’re not dating!”

Tony chuckled, that all too handsome smirk gracing his face as he lowered his hands. His dark brown eyes glittered with his usual charm and playfulness as he now walked up to her. “No, but we did share a kiss last night, so anyone who saw us last night will think we’re a couple.”

The ash brown-haired woman stopped in her tracks at hearing at the billionaire’s words. The memory of his lips grazing her own shortly before he turned into Iron Man made Cat shiver in pleasure. The soft kiss was more than enough to make Cat hug herself and blush.

“That was just a ploy to distract the creep threatening to shoot us.” She said, but a small seed of doubt crept up in her heart as she finally looked at Tony, “Right?”

Tony Stark shrugged, his smirk disappearing slightly. “ Oh, I don’t know. Maybe it was a ploy, or maybe it was me still trying to win you over.”

As he said that, he reached for her. The feeling of his hand gently touching the side of her jaw and staring into his eyes made Catmint’s heart beat even faster. A small twinge of fear and confusion bubbled inside of her as she resisted the urge to slap him while Tony leaned in close to her, their noses barely touching.

“The parking lot was empty,” Cat mumbled, her heart jumped, almost painfully, against her chest as she said this.

Tony just chuckled. “How do you know the parking lot was empty? That creep could’ve had some accomplices waiting in the dark just for you.”

That sentence was more than enough to make Catmint feel a small twinge of fear, his words making the woman to turn her head away to avoid the kiss. As she did that, she saw a woman with blue eyes and strawberry blond hair staring at them with her arms crossed.

Noticing Cat staring at something, Tony looked over and a big grin appeared on his face at seeing his assistant. “Uh-oh, busted.”