Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ A port in a storm ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A port in the storm

Disclaimer: "Medabots" and all related characters are not my property, they are the property of Fox Kids, the Fox Family Channel, Hasbro, (and Toei Animation if what I read during the credits is correct). Also, any songs that I mention during this story are not mine either.

Credit goes to Starwind9484@aol.com for agreeing to proof read for any problems.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

It was a stormy day in the town of West Shinjuku (A/N: I'm picking this as the city since I've never heard the location mentioned before). So stormy, all of the schools had to be closed, and the students had to be let out early, in fear of a flash flood.

All of the kids were excited the get out of school early and go home to enjoy their extra time off. However, getting home was proving to be a challenge. Some of the roads had been blocked off and barricaded because of the water level, so getting back wasn't easy in any way.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

A familiar pink, stretch limo was currently cruising around the rainy streets of West Shinjuku. It stopped at a red light, before signaling for a right turn, and going on.

In the back seat, sat Karin and Neutranurse, both of them looking very bored. With school cut short, Karin was unable to finish the cleaning that she had started.

Neutranurse, on the other hand, didn't mind getting to leave ahead of schedule. Most of the medabots at the Rosewood school acted very snooty, like they were all better then everybody else.

The others, she didn't know about, they acted like macho idiots with low intelligence, who would constantly hit on her or anything else that looked even half decent. The only medabot there that she did like was Sumilidon, but for some strange reason, he was very shy around her. Actually, he was shy around any girl who would talk to him.

'Something is very, very strange with Sumilidon. He doesn't so much as flinch in battle, yet he jumps when I try to talk to him,' Neutranurse thought.

The two could feel the limo coming to another stop, and the speakerphone began to beep.

"Ms. Karin," the driver's voice came over the speaker, "I'm sorry, but we've come across another roadblock, it seems the water is getting higher."

"I understand, let's just try and find another way to get back home," Karin replied.

"This storm is really getting nasty," Neutranurse stated.

"I know, I'd hate to be caught out there in this kind of weather," Karin told her.

"I feel sorry for anybody who is. Especially all the medabots who don't have a home to go to," Neutranurse told her.

"It's terrible, all of those poor medabots, abandoned and have no place to go to," Karin replied sadly.

"Maybe we could donate funds to build a shelter for all of them. Then they wouldn't have to suffer like they do," Neutranurse suggested.

"That's a good idea, I'm sure that would make all those poor medabots very happy."

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Karin was asleep in the back seat of the limo, covered with a comfy blanket. There were even more roadblocks than they had expected, and with the level of water on the streets, it wasn't safe to go the speed limit, so it was taking much longer to get home than it should've.

Neutranurse was ready to doze off as well. But just as she was about to, the limo came to another stop, and the speakerphone began beeping again.

"Yes," Neutranurse asked.

"Ms. Neutranurse, I thought you might want to know this. There's a lone medabot on the curb in front of the park," the driver replied.

"A lone medabot? What type," she asked.

"I think it looks like...an SLR type," the driver told her.

"An SLR type? I'm going to check it out," Neutranurse replied.

"Huh, what's going on," Karin asked as she slowly awoke from the commotion.

"The driver says that there's a sailor medabot alone on the curb, I'm going to check it out," Neutranurse told her and took an umbrella from underneath one of the limo seats.

"Okay, be careful," Karin told her.

Neutranurse opened the limo door and stepped out, while Karin set a towel on the floor and got two others ready so she could dry off the medabot.

Several minutes later, Neutranurse came back to the open door, with her arm around a very familiar medabot.

"Is that Brass," Karin asked.

"The one and only," Neutranurse told her.

After helping Brass into the limo, Neutranurse stepped in as well, much drier than poor Brass was, she was drenched from head to toe in rain.

"Brass, what were you doing out in this storm," Karin asked as she began to dry her off.

Brass said nothing; she just stood quietly on the towel, slumped over, looking sad.

"Come on Brass, say something," Neutranurse told her as she helped Karin with the drying, but Brass still said nothing.

"Neutranurse, what's wrong with her," Karin asked.

"I don't know, I found her sitting on the curb and crying about something, but she wouldn't tell me what, it was hard enough trying to get her to come with me," Neutranurse told her as she worked on Brass' fingers.

"Brass," Karin began as she gently cupped the sailor medabot's face, "come on, what's wrong? Why're you upset and why were you out in this storm?"

"...I hate him," was all Brass could say, before she began to cry again.

"Who do you hate," Karin asked.

"Metabee, I hate him," she cried, shocking both girls.

"Why do you hate Metabee," Neutranurse asked.

Brass tried her best to explain, but she was too upset for it to be coherent.

"Calm down Brass, just relax," Neutranurse said as she tried to calm her down while Karin continued to dry her off.

Brass sounded like she was gasping for breath as she cried. Neutranurse put both hands on her shoulders to try and calm her down, resulting in Brass wrapping both arms around her tightly as she began to cry into her shoulder.

'Metabee must've done something terrible to get Brass this upset,' Karin thought.

Karin soon managed to get Brass dry again, but she wasn't any calmer. She was crying just as hard, and had a grip on Neutranurse that couldn't be broken, and it was starting to get uncomfortable.

"Brass, could you please let me go? You're starting to crush me," Neutranurse told her.

Brass looked up at Neutranurse and seemed to calm down somewhat. She looked back down, and let her go.

"Brass, can you tell us what's wrong now," Karin asked.

"...Yesterday, I went to see Metabee. I had something that I had to tell him, in person. But when I got to Ikki's house, Mrs. Tenryo said that he had already left to see someone. So I started searching everywhere I knew that Metabee would go. I checked the hop mart, the school, the park, everywhere. I finally decided to go back to his house and wait for him, but to do so, I had to cross the bridge," Brass explained as she tried to stay calm and not break down crying again.

"What's wrong with that," Karin asked.

"That's where I found him. That's where I found Metabee...Metabee and...Oceana. They were laughing and swimming together in the river, enjoying themselves, acting like they'd known each other for a long time. And then, the worst thing that could've happened, happened. I heard Metabee say...that he loved Oceana, completely, totally, and unconditionally. In that one sentence, Metabee broke my heart. After that, I ran, I just ran. I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was that I had to get away from there," Brass told her, shortly before breaking down and crying even harder than before.

"Brass, I'm sorry," Neutranurse said as she embraced Brass gently.

"I-I-I lost Metabee on the same day that I was going to tell him that I love him, talk about bad timing," Brass said in between sobs.

"Brass, I'm sure that you'll find somebody else," Karin told her.

"No," Brass practically screamed, "I've already had my heart broken once, I won't let it happen again. I'll never get close to another man ever again," she cried.

"It's okay Brass, just let it out," Neutranurse told her.

"It's not fair, why her? Why Oceana? Why not me? I've known Metabee for so long, and he never showed any signs of liking me. Metabee knew her for a day, and he fell in love with her. He fell in love with her, in my body, my body! She didn't have a single thing that I didn't, but he still fell in love with her, why did he do it," Brass asked as she cried even harder.

"I don't know Brass, sometimes it just happens I guess," Neutranurse told her.

"Brass, if you're not going to love another man again, then what're you doing to do," Karin asked.

"I don't know, all I do know is that I'm not going to let anybody hurt me again, never," she choked out.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

The rain continued to poor down as the stormed waged on, not showing any signs of stopping.

Karin had fallen asleep again, wrapped up in a thick blanket to keep herself warm. With the weather, and more streets blocked off, it was taking much longer to get back home.

Brass had calmed down for the most part; her crying had died down to sniffling, but she was still very upset. Neutranurse still held her to calm her down, but it didn't help much. But still, Brass clung to her for dear life, not wanting to let go.

"You're lucky," Brass whispered, so as not to wake Karin up.

"Excuse me," Neutranurse asked.

"You're lucky, you've got Sumilidon. I bet he never stabbed you in the back for somebody else," Brass told her.

"I wouldn't say that. Sumilidon is nice, but he's so shy around girls its embarrassing for Koji. He gets so nervous when I try to talk to him that he can't quit stuttering. And with his lisp it's hard to tell what he's saying," Neutranurse told her.

"He probably likes you, but he doesn't know how to say it," Brass told her.

"If so, he sure has a funny way of showing it," Neutranurse told her.

"Maybe you should ask him if he likes you. You shouldn't hesitate like I did," Brass told her.

"Brass, please don't beat yourself up, you didn't do anything wrong," Neutranurse told her.

"That's it, I didn't do anything, and Metabee found somebody else to love. Why didn't I tell him sooner? If I had only told him two days ago, none of this would be happening now," Brass told her.

"I don't have any of the answers Brass. But maybe, you didn't tell him, because you don't love him as much as you thought you did. Maybe you love somebody else even more," Neutranurse told her.

"But, who? Who could I love more than I did Metabee," Brass asked.

"I don't know Brass, I don't have the answers. But when you meet that person, I'm sure you'll know," Neutranurse told her.

"I hope so Neutranurse. I don't really want to be alone forever," Brass told her.

"You won't be, Brass, I promise," Neutranurse told her.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Karin slowly started to wake up again. The storm finally looked like it was letting up. And outside the window, she could see that the limo was already pulling in the main gate of her home.

"Home already? How long have I been asleep," she asked herself.

"A little over half an hour," Neutranurse told her.

Karin looked over, and saw a cute site. Brass looked like she had fallen asleep with her head on Neutranurse's lap.

"Did she finally calm down," Karin asked.

"A little, she cried herself to sleep. This whole thing with Metabee really got her upset," Neutranurse said as she placed her hand on Brass' left cheek.

"That's really sad," Karin told her.

"I know it is. Karin, could we bring her inside for a while? Just until the weather lets up," Neutranurse asked.

"I think that would be nice, and then when she's feeling better we can take her back to Erika, I'm sure that she's upset about Brass being gone," Karin told her.

Neutranurse carefully lifted Brass' head up and moved herself out from under her. She then carefully slid one arm under Brass' back, and the other under her legs and lifted her up.

"Is she too heavy? I could carry her if you like," Karin offered.

"No thank you, I can carry her. Just because I was never meant to go directly into combat, doesn't mean that I'm not strong. Remember when you were sick? I lifted you easily," Neutranurse told her.

"Oh that's right, I forgot about that."

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Brass stirred slowly from her uneasy rest, unable to get any real sleep. As her systems came back online, she found herself in a large room, lying on a double bed.

"Where am I," she asked herself as she got off of the bed and stood up as she began to look around.

The bed was covered with a pink comforter and several pillows, and had four, gold painted posts, with an awning at the top.

The floor was covered in a luscious blue carpet, and facing one of the walls, was a small desk and chair, large enough for a small person, but mainly designed with a medabot in mind. On the desk were several books, a CD player and small collection CDs and a stack of paper. A few feet away, was a pair of pink curtains that were currently shut.

On the wall across from the desk was a bookcase with several rows full of books, ranging from romance novels, to a set of encyclopedias, to magazines.

The walls of the room were decorated in rose pink wallpaper, and had a good amount of framed pictures hanging on them. Pictures and Neutranurse of Karin together, and at least one picture of Neutranurse with her arms around Sumilidon's waist, holding him close, which appeared to be much to his dismay.

There were also other pictures, but they seemed a bit strange. One of them was of Neutranurse and Karin in what appeared to be pink nightgowns. Another one had the two dressed in what appeared to be cat costumes (Neutranurse's was a pink and white CAT body), most likely for Halloween. Another had Neutranurse rubbing a white and black striped CAT medabot's belly, which was currently lying on its back, looking very content.

And one large picture that Brass remembered very well. A group photo of herself and Erika, Neutranurse and Karin, Metabee and Ikki, Mr. Principal and Samurai, Koji and Sumilidon, Dr. Aki, Ms. Caviar and Belzelga, Peppercat and Samantha, Totalizer and Sloan, Crosserdog and Spyke, Rintaro and Kantaroth, Henry, and even Rokusho. Everybody was standing close together and holding hands or hugging and looking like they were enjoying themselves. It was taken when everybody found out that Ikki had made it into the Robattle World Tournament, they had decided to celebrate and throw a large picnic for everybody that was a friend.

"I see that you're awake." Brass jumped and whirled around, coming face to face with Neutranurse.

"Oh, Neutranurse, you scared me," Brass stated as she held her hand to her chest.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to see if you were feeling better," Neutranurse told her.

"Neutranurse, where am I? What am I doing here," Brass asked.

"We're at Karin's house, and this is my room. I thought you might like to rest for a while, it's a lot more comfortable than the seats in the limo are," Neutranurse told her, "now, are you feeling better than you were earlier?"

"A little, but I'm still upset about Metabee and Oceana," Brass said as she sat back down on the bed, her arms hanging between her legs.

Neutranurse sat down on the bed next to Brass and wrapped her left arm around her shoulder.

"Brass, it's going to hurt for a while. But eventually, the pain will pass and you'll be ready to move on," Neutranurse told her.

"Are you sure," Brass asked.

"Yes I'm sure, I've been through this myself," Neutranurse told her.

"...Neutranurse, I'm sorry," Brass told her.

"No, Brass it's allright, it was years ago. It hurt for a long time, but I was able to move on. And some day, you'll be able too as well," Neutranurse told her.

"But when," Brass asked.

"I don't know Brass, it's up to you. It could be today, tomorrow, next month. It will all depend on you. When you decide to move on and let go, it'll finally stop hurting," Neutranurse told her.

"I hope so," Brass told her and took a long pause before she continued, "Neutranurse, could I ask you something?"

"What is it," Neutranurse asked.

"Some of these pictures that you have, they look strange. Like the one of you and Karin wearing nightgowns?"

"We were having a slumber party with a few friends and their medabots. Everybody showed up wearing pajamas, even the other medabots," Neutranurse told her, resulting in Brass letting out a laugh.

"Is that really true," she asked.

"I've never told a lie before, and I wouldn't start now," Neutranurse replied.

"What about the one where you two were dressed up as cats? Or the one with you and that CAT model," Brass asked.

"It was Halloween and we were trick or treating. It was murder for Karin to try and design a cat suit that would fit me, so we finally had to settle on a spare body," Neutranurse told her.

"And what about the one with that CAT medabot," Brass asked.

"One of Karin's friends came to visit and she brought her pet along," Neutranurse explained.

"A pet," Brass asked.

"Yes, her medabot, Tiger, acts a lot like a real cat would, so he's treated more like a pet. When Tiger and his medafighter showed up, he started to act like any cat would, exploring and looking around, and then he started to cause trouble. When my guard was down, he pounced on me and curled up on my chest for a nap. He was definitely more than just a little playful," Neutranurse stated, getting Brass to laugh even more.

"It sounds like you've definitely had some interesting times," Brass told her.

"I have, but there's one thing that I'd really like," Neutranurse told her.

"And what's that, Neutranurse," Brass asked.

"I'd like it, if somebody loved me. Karin's rich and has access to just about anything she'd need. But even with all of that, I've never been truly happy," Neutranurse told her.

"But what about Karin? She loves you doesn't she," Brass asked.

"That's different, Brass. We're close, but the kind of love that we share is more like the kind two sisters would share for each other," Neutranurse told her.

"Sisters," Brass asked.

"Yes, we're a lot closer than a regular medabot and medafighter are. Somewhere along the line, we sort of became sisters in a way," Neutranurse told her.

"Sisters, that's nice," Brass said as she gently gripped Neutranurse's hand, "but what kind of love were you talking about when you said that you wanted somebody to love you?"

"The kind of love that you felt for Metabee. The kind where everything just seems to perfect when you're with that certain someone, the kind where you get excited and nervous when that person comes up to you, and you love that feeling. The kind of love where you'll make up an excuse just to go see that person," Neutranurse explained.

"You'll find the man that's right for you Neutranurse, someday," Brass told her and gently squeezed her hand.

"And I'm sure you'll find somebody that will love you as much as you loved Metabee," Neutranurse replied.

"...Neutranurse, thank you, I feel better now that I've had somebody to talk to," Brass told her.

"Talking always makes one feel better. If you keep it bottled up inside, you'll just hurt yourself," Neutranurse told her.

"How do you know this," Brass asked.

"I'm older by a couple of years, I've had more experience in life. I've experienced the joy of being in love, the pain of having my heart broken, and what it's like to move on," Neutranurse told her.

"...Maybe I'm not beautiful enough, maybe that's why he chose Oceana over me," Brass said to herself.

"Don't talk like that Brass, you're very beautiful. It's Metabee's fault not yours, don't beat yourself up over this," Neutranurse told her.

"...You think that I'm beautiful," Brass asked.

"I don't have to think it Brass, I know you are. Not just the way you look, but your personality. Anybody who doesn't find you attractive must be an idiot," Neutranurse told her.

"Metabee obviously didn't find me attractive," Brass replied.

"See what I mean," Neutranurse told her.

The two looked at each other for several seconds, before they broke down into hysterics. Laughing until their sides were soar. They finally managed to calm down, before they started to talk again.

"...You wanna know what I regret most? That I was hoping Metabee would be the first one to kiss me," Brass said as she slid her index finger down the middle of her faceplate.

A seam appeared where her finger had been, and the faceplate split in two, going right down the middle, and the two halves sliding back into her helmet, revealing two, luscious, ruby red lips.

"You've never been kissed," Neutranurse asked in surprise, Brass simply shook her head.

"These lips have never been touched by anyone. I was hoping for my first kiss to come from Metabee, but that's not going to happen. I guess I'll just have to look elsewhere," Brass told her.

"...I've never been kissed either," Neutranurse told her.

"You haven't? Not even by Sumilidon," Brass asked.

"It's hard to get a kiss from somebody when they don't have any lips," Neutranurse told her, Brass couldn't help but giggle.

"That could be difficult," Brass told her.

"...Brass, would you be happy if you were kissed," Neutranurse asked her.

"Yes, I believe so. Why do you ask," Brass asked.

"Would you close your eyes, for just a minute," Neutranurse asked.

"How come, what for," Brass asked.

"You'll see, or, you'll find out shortly. Just, close them, please," Neutranurse replied.

Since she wasn't getting a straight answer, Brass did as she was asked; she shut off her optics, and waited.

"Neutranurse, what is this about," she asked.

"You'll see in just a minute, just keep your eyes shut," Neutranurse told her.

As Brass waited, she could feel Neutranurse gently hold her shoulders. She felt herself growing anxious, not able to tell why. All she knew was that she felt excited about what was going to happen.

Suddenly, Brass felt something touching her lips. Her optics came back on, she saw Neutranurse, face to face with her. She could feel her lips up against her own, emitting a light electrical charge.

Brass' entire body stiffened up in surprise as she pushed herself free from Neutranurse. She jumped off the bed, and back up against the wall in fear and surprise.

"Neutranurse, what was that about," Brass screamed as her faceplate closed quickly.

"You said that you'd be happy if you were kissed, and I wanted to make you happy," Neutranurse told her.

"Neutranurse, it's not that I don't appreciate what you've done for me, but...I'm not like that," Brass told her.

"Not like what," Neutranurse asked.

"Well, you know. I don't like women in that way," Brass told her.

"Why, is there something wrong with it," Neutranurse asked.

"Well...it's just not right," Brass told her.

"Was there some law passed that medabots aren't allowed to love each other because of who they are," Neutranurse asked.

"Well...no," Brass replied.

"Would somebody get hurt from this?"

"Well...no, I don't think so," Brass told her.

"Are you afraid that I'll do what Metabee did?"

"Yes, I mean no, I mean...I don't know what I mean," Brass replied.

"Then why isn't it right?"

"Because we're both girl medabots, that's why," Brass told her.

"That isn't explaining anything. Why is it wrong to two girls to love each other? It isn't illegal; nobody is getting hurt, so why is it wrong because we're both girls," Neutranurse asked.

Brass tried to search for a reason to tell Neutranurse why it was wrong, but she had found a way to shoot down every excuse she made. She was simply out of reasons. She sighed and shook her head as she leaned against the wall and slid to the ground, her hands on her knees.

"...I just don't know," Brass sighed.

"Brass, why does everything have to be dictated by what's normal? How we fight in robattles, what we do from one time of day to another. Does love have to be dictated by so many rules as well? Why can't love be between two who care about each other, despite who they may be," Neutranurse asked as she sat down next to her.

"...I don't know, Neutranurse, I just don't know. I don't know what to think anymore," Brass replied.

"I should've just kept my faceplate shut, I'm sorry Brass, this is my fault. I just wanted to make you happy, but instead, I think I did more damage than good," Neutranurse said as she hung her head.

"Neutranurse, you had good intentions, you don't have to be sorry," Brass said as she put her hand on Neutranurse's shoulder.

"Are we still friends then," Neutranurse asked as she gently took Brass' hand.

"Yes, we're still friends," Brass told her.

"Thanks," Neutranurse replied.

For a while the two just sat in silence, not knowing what to say to each other, not knowing what to say to each other. But after several minutes, Neutranurse finally decided to break the silence.

"...Brass, could I ask you something?"

"What is it," Brass asked.

"Did you...like it," Neutranurse asked.

"Like what?"

"The kiss," Neutranurse told her, causing Brass to blush brightly.

"I...don't know, it's possible that I might've, but I was too surprised to think about it," Brass told her.

"Would you like to try again? Just to find out I mean," Neutranurse asked.

"I...I don't know, it's a nice offer and all, but I'm not sure," Brass told her.

"If you're embarrassed, it'll only be between you an I. Nobody else will find out about this," Neutranurse told her.

"...Do you promise that absolutely nobody will find out about this," Brass asked.

"I promise," Neutranurse said as she raised her right hand.

"...Well...allright, if you promise," Brass told her, somewhat reluctantly as she opened her faceplate once again, as did Neutranurse.

"Um, how exactly do we do this? It feels a little awkward."

"I've seen it done a couple of times in movies. I guess we start out like this. I put my right arm on your lower back, here," Neutranurse said as she moved her arm around Brass' body, resting it at the base of her back, "and my other arm, here," she continued as she moved her other arm, resting it on her upper back and near her neck.

"What should I do," Brass asked.

"Place your arms the way I did and close your eyes, I'll take care of the rest," Neutranurse told her.

Brass nervously did as she was instructed, she wrapped her arms around Neutranurse's body, and slowly shut off her optics. She started to grow excited, so excited she was shaking.

"Brass, don't get excited, just calm down and relax, I'll take care of the rest," Neutranurse told her.

"Allright," Brass told her as she did some "deep breathing" to relax herself, until she stopped shaking from excitement.

"Allright, are you ready," Neutranurse asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Brass told her.

Neutranurse slowly shut off her optics as she moved in close. After a moment of hesitation, she pressed her lips against Brass'.

Brass stiffened in surprise at first as she felt Neutranurse's lips pressing against her, emitting a gentle electrical charge, but she soon relaxed as it began to feel good.

Nervously, Brass began to return the kiss as best she could, eventually becoming more skilled at it.

'This, actually feels good, I'm glad Neutranurse offered to do this,' Brass thought as she continued to get more into it.

'She seems to be enjoying this. I hope she is,' Neutranurse thought as she continued to kiss Brass.

After a couple of minutes Neutranurse began to break away from the kiss, but just as their lips parted, Brass pulled her back down, kissing her again.

'I thought she said she's never been kissed, where did this come from,' Neutranurse thought, but soon decided to just go along with it.

The two continued to kiss each other for a long time, passing the five minute mark, putting kissers all over to shame since they didn't have to stop and breathe.

The two held each other and continued to kiss another five minutes, before eventually letting each other go. The two leaned against the wall, breathing deeply as they kept their faceplates open.

"Brass, are you okay? Why're you breathing so hard," Neutranurse asked in between breaths.

"I'm trying to, regulate my internal temperatures. My, systems generated a lot of heat. I've got to get them back to normal temperature so I don't overheat. What about you," Brass asked.

"Same here, I guess that means it was good," Neutranurse told her.

"I guess so," Brass said as she leaned against Neutranurse.

"So, does that mean that you liked it," Neutranurse asked.

"Yes, I believe that I did," Brass told her.

As the two laid together, Brass kept thinking about what they had just been through.

'Is this love that I'm feeling for Neutranurse? I know that she's a good friend and all, and she kisses nicely. Although she was only kissing me to make me feel better. But when she was kissing me, I didn't care about Metabee and Oceana. It could be love, but then again it might not be. I should wait and see what develops. No, wait, that's the exact same thing I did with Metabee, I waited to see how my feelings developed, and when I found out it was love, I waited too long. I won't let it happen again,' Brass thought.

"Neutranurse...there's...something I think you should know," Brass told her nervously.

"What is it," Neutranurse asked as she carefully sat back up.

"I, I think I love you," Brass told her.

"You...you love me," Neutranurse asked.

"Yes, I believe I do," Brass told her.

"Do you mean it? You're not just saying it," Neutranurse asked in disbelief.

"No, I mean it Neutranurse, I love you," Brass told her.

"Oh Brass," Neutranurse said and hugged Brass tightly as she began to cry.

"Did I say something wrong Neutranurse," Brass asked as she hugged her back.

"No Brass, I'm just so happy," Neutranurse told her as she continued to cry happily.

Brass gently pushed Neutranurse back slightly and then cupped her chin and cheeks. She moved in close, and gently kissed her on the lips.

'Neutranurse was right, there are too many rules, why should their be rules in love? Is it really wrong to love somebody as long as they're happy? If so, then we'll be wrong, and happy together,' Brass thought as she slowly ended the kiss.

"I love you, Brass," Neutranurse said as she hugged her close.

"I love you too, Neutranurse," Brass replied as she returned the hug.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

"Brass, Neutranurse," Karin asked as she gently knocked on the door, but received no answer, "Neutranurse, are you and Brass in there?"

When she received no answer again, she quietly pushed the door open and stepped in. Then she saw why there was no answer; Brass and Neutranurse were both asleep, curled up together on the bed.

"Oh that's so cute," Karin whispered.

She gently stepped out of the room and closed the door behind her, deciding not to wake them up.

"Those two are so cute together," she said to herself as she walked off.

Another loud crash of thunder sounded, making her jump in surprise. The storm didn't look like it was going to get better anytime soon, if anything it looked like it was getting worse.

"I suppose I should call Erika and let her know Brass is allright," Karin said to herself.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Brass woke up at the sound of the thunder crash, clutching Neutranurse in surprise.

"Oh, it was just the storm," Brass said as she relaxed and laid back down.

"Don't like stormy weather," Neutranurse asked as she slowly stirred from her rest.

"Oh, Neutranurse I'm sorry I woke you," Brass told her.

"It's allright. You don't like storms, do you," Neutranurse asked.

"No, I've always been scared of them," Brass told her.

"I don't care for them much either. But with you here, I don't care about what the weather's like," Neutranurse stated, causing Brass to blush.

"...I hope Ms. Erika is allright. She must be so upset with me missing," Brass told her.

"Don't worry, Karin will call her and let her know everything is allright, I know it," Neutranurse told her.

"How come you don't refer to Karin as Ms. Karin," Brass asked.

"I use to, but she asked me to stop. She said it wasn't proper for me to do so. I guess it's because we're close like sisters," Neutranurse told her.

"Oh," Brass replied.

"Brass," Neutranurse began as she wrapped her arms around Brass' waist, "do you think we should tell Karin and Erika about us," she asked.

"I, I don't know. If we do, we might lose each other, they might decide that we're never allowed to see each other again," Brass told her.

"I don't think that would happen. Karin is very understanding, I don't think she would care," Neutranurse told her.

"But Ms. Erika is different, she might think I've done something wrong. Or she might get angry and disown me," Brass told her as she began to cry at the thought.

"Brass, I don't think Erika would ever do anything that heartless. I'm sure that she'll be understanding and accepting," Neutranurse told her.

"I don't know, I hope you're right Neutranurse," Brass told her.

"If it makes you feel any better, if Erika does, by any chance, disown you, you're more than welcome to come and stay with me. I'm sure that Karin would be happy to let you stay here," Neutranurse told her.

"I hope it doesn't come to that. Even though I have you to love, nobody could replace Ms. Erika," Brass told her.

"Don't worry so much Brass. Whatever happens, you can count on me for support," Neutranurse reassured Brass as she gently squeezed her hand.

"Thank you, Neutranurse, that means a lot to me," Brass told her.


End of chapter 1.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Like it? Hate it? Let me know. For those of you who did like it, there's more to come in the next chapter. We'll see how Karin and Erika react to this startling development, as well as other surprises.