Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ A port in a storm ❯ A port in a storm ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Aftermath and explanation

Disclaimer: "Medabots" and all related characters are not my property, they are the property of Fox Kids, Hasbro, Nelvana, (and Toei Animation if what I read during the credits is correct). Also, any songs I mention in this story are not my property either.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

(FLASHBACK)

"Brass," Neutranurse began as she wrapped her arms around Brass' waist, "do you think we should tell Karin and Erika about us," she asked.

"I, I don't know. If we do, we might lose each other, they might decide that we're never allowed to see each other again," Brass told her.

"I don't think that would happen. Karin is very understanding, I don't think she would care," Neutranurse told her.

"But Ms. Erika is different, she might think I've done something wrong. Or she might get angry and disown me," Brass told her as she began to cry at the thought.

"Brass, I don't think Erika would ever do anything that heartless. I'm sure that she'll be understanding and accepting," Neutranurse told her.

"I don't know, I hope you're right Neutranurse," Brass told her.

"If it makes you feel any better, if Erika does, by any chance, disown you, you're more than welcome to come and stay with me. I'm sure that Karin would be happy to let you stay here," Neutranurse told her.

"I hope it doesn't come to that. Even though I have you to love, nobody could replace Ms. Erika," Brass told her.

"Don't worry so much Brass. Whatever happens, you can count on me for support," Neutranurse reassured Brass as she gently squeezed her hand.

"Thank you, Neutranurse, that means a lot to me," Brass told her.

(END FLASHBACK)

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Another roar of thunder could be heard, soon followed by a flash of lightning. Karin had spent ten minutes trying to get in touch with Erika, but so far she had absolutely no luck getting in contact with her.

"I don't get it, why isn't she answering? Would Erika really be out in this kind of weather," Karin asked herself as she dialed Erika's number once again, "if I don't get anything this time I'm going to give up for now."

The phone continued to ring, over and over again, but still, no one would pick up. Karin was about to give up and try again later, but just as she was about to put the phone down; she could hear the click of somebody picking up the phone.

"Hello," a teary voice asked.

"Erika, is that you," Karin asked.

"Uh huh," Erika replied.

"Erika, are you okay? You sound like you've been crying," Karin told her.

"I have been, Brass has been gone since yesterday and I can't find her. I've searched everywhere I though she might be and I can't find her anywhere," Erika stated as she tried to keep from crying again.

"Well I know something that should make you feel better. I know where Brass is, she's safe and out of this crazy storm," Karin told her.

"You do? Where is she," Erika asked, almost screaming is surprise.

"She's here with us. Neutranurse found her on our way home from school and we brought her with us," Karin explained.

"You did? Did you find out why she ran away," Erika asked.

"Well, I'm not sure if I should tell you this. I think it's better if you hear it from her in person," Karin told her.

"Could you put her on, please," Erika asked.

"Well, I'll see, but she might still be asleep, she was the last time I checked," Karin told her and put the telephone down on the night stand.

She stepped out of her room and walked down the hall, soon stopping at the door to Neutranurse's room and knocked.

"Neutranurse, Brass, are you awake," she asked as she knocked.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

To Brass, nothing outside of the room mattered to her. She was with Neutranurse, the one loved, and that was all that she cared about. Not even the storm bothered her anymore.

Another roar of thunder sounded, but Brass didn't care. She didn't jump; she didn't even flinch, all she did was sink deeper into Neutranurse's embrace. She had finally found the one she loved, and she wasn't about to lose her, not again.

With a contented sigh, Brass closed her eyes, ready to fall asleep again. But just as she was about to go to sleep again, a knock at the door made her jump in surprise.

"Neutranurse, Brass, are you awake," Karin asked from the other side of the door.

"Are we awake? How did she know we were asleep," Brass whispered as she quickly got off the bed, followed by Neutranurse.

"I don't know, maybe she checked in on us earlier," Neutranurse replied as she helped straighten out the bed covers.

"What could she want," Brass asked.

"I don't know, maybe we should ask," Neutranurse suggested.

"Neutranurse, Brass," Karin asked again.

"One second," Neutranurse replied as she opened the door, letting Karin in.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you," she asked.

"No, not really, the storm woke us up a while ago. How did you know that we were asleep anyway," Neutranurse asked.

"I checked in on you earlier, I was worried about you," Karin told her, "Brass, Erika's on the phone, she'd like to talk to you."

"Allright, I'll be back in a minute," Brass replied as she stepped out of the room with Karin.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *


"Hello, Ms. Erika," Brass said as she picked up the phone.

"Brass? Oh thank goodness, I'm so glad to hear from you again," Erika stated, sounding very relieved, "why'd you run away?"

"I'm sorry Ms. Erika, I didn't mean to upset you," Brass began before turning to Karin, "Ms. Karin, could you please leave? This is personal."

"Okay," Karin replied and stepped out of the room and walked down the hall.

"As I was about to say," Brass began, "I ran away because of Metabee."

"Metabee, why did you run away because of him," Erika asked.

"I guess I should explain. Are you sitting down, it could take a while," Brass told her.

"Okay I'm sitting down. What's the story," Erika asked.

"Well, it all happened yesterday..." bras began as she nervously curled the phone cord around her index finger.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

(FLASHBACK)

The school bell rang, signaling the end of another day at Riverview Junior Elementary. All of the children dashed out to meet their medabots and get to home and their regular hangouts. The only ones that remained behind were the Screws and Ikki, (who were in detention for robattling in school and blasting Coach Mountain's butt), and Erika, who was working on her latest scoop for the school newspaper.

As usual, Brass was with her, trying to help out. Unfortunately Erika was being very protective of her scoop, and didn't want anybody to come near it until it was published.

"Ms. Erika, are you sure you don't want any help so you can get done sooner," Brass asked.

"No, Brass I don't want any help. I want to get this done by myself, it's really important to me. If you've got something you'd like to do you can go ahead without me," Erika told her.

"Thank you, Ms. Erika, there is something that I've been meaning to take care of," Brass told her and left the room, "now, to find Metabee," she said to herself as she sprinted down the hallway.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

Henry sat behind the front desk, reading his newspaper, propping his feet up on the desk and leaning back in his chair, today was a slow day for the hop mart. He would've fallen asleep, but the jingle bells on the door sounded, causing him to snap back to attention.

"Hello, Henry has Metabee come by here today," Brass asked as she stepped in.

"No not really. I haven't seen him since yesterday when he came in for some sealant. He said something about needing to waterproof his parts," Henry replied.

"I see, well thank you anyway," Brass replied and stepped back out the door.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *


Brass yawned as she stretched and leaned against a tree, rubbing her right shoulder. So far she had checked the Hop Mart, the arcade, and now the park. So far there was no sign of Metabee anywhere.

"Where else could I check, where might Metabee be," she asked herself, and then it came to her, she set off in hor pursuit, knowing just where Metabee might be at.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Brass leaned against the doorway of the Tenryo house, breathing deeply to cool off her internal systems. Running halfway across town had caused them to heat up, and unfortunately they weren't cooling down very fast. She looked around cautiously to see if anybody was watching. Once she saw that nobody was around, she stretched her arms out. In seconds, clouds of steam emitted from every joint of her body, quickly dissipating in the air.

"Much better," Brass stated and then knocked on the door, which was soon answered by Mrs. Tenryo.

"Oh, hello Brass, how're you," she asked sweetly

"Fine, thank you. Mrs. Tenryo, would you happen to know where Metabee might be," she asked.

"Well, I'm not sure really. He came home not too long ago, got his Aquamarr leg parts, said something about the river and then left," she explained.

"The river, I see. Thank you Mrs. Tenryo, you've been a big help. Have a nice day," Brass replied and ran off, heading to the bridge and the river.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Brass leaned against the bridge railing and panted hard. Once again she overheated her systems by running halfway across town.

"I've got to quit doing this, its not good for my body," she said to herself.

She once again expelled the steam in her body, cooling off her internal systems and returning them to a green status instead of red. Once that was taken care of she listened carefully to see if Metabee was at the river, or if she had just wasted her time.

But to her relief, she heard the familiar sound of Metabee laughing, splashing, and a strange voice that sounded familiar. She stepped out onto the bridge and pulled herself up enough to look over the railing. But when she saw the site below, she was shocked.

Swimming together in the river were Metabee and Oceana, together, laughing happily.

"What're Metabee and Oceana doing together," she asked herself as she watched the two swimming.

"This is so great, I can't believe we finally got some free time together," Metabee stated happily.

"I know, it's wonderful. Just you and me, swimming together, having fun," Oceana replied as she moved over next to him.

"Speaking of you and me, there's kinda something that I've been wanting to tell ya," Metabee stated nervously.

"Oh, and what is it," Oceana asked.

"Oh no, it couldn't be. Could it," bras asked herself as she adjusted the sound level on her audio sensors to make sure there was no misunderstandings.

"Well Oceana, ever since I've known you I've been the happiest medabot on the planet. The time we've spent together has meant more to me than even going to the championships. What I'm trying to say, that is, I wanted to tell you that...that I love you Oceana, truthfully and completely," Metabee stated.

"Oh Metabee," Oceana screamed and tackled him, smothering him with kisses and hugging him tightly, stating how much she loved him.

Brass couldn't believe what she had just heard, it had to be a mistake, it just had to be! She played back the recording, listening carefully over and over, but it was the same every time.

"Metabee, how could you," she asked before she broke down crying.

Brass ran off, not looking back or forward as she cried in anger and sadness, knowing that she had just lost the one medabot that she loved so deeply.

(END FLASHBACK)

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *



"And that's how it happened Ms. Erika," Brass sniffled, "if only I got to Metabee sooner, to tell him how I felt, none of this would've happened," she cried.

"Oh Brass I'm so sorry," Erika stated, "I never knew you cared so deeply for Metabee, I just thought you two were friends."

"I thought so too. But when I finally worked up enough courage to tell Metabee that I loved him it was too late," Brass said as she continued to cry, barely managing to keep her voice steady, "I didn't mean to make you mad, I just had to get away from there."

"Brass please listen, I'm not mad, I was just upset that you were gone. I was afraid that the Rubberobos kidnapped you or you were taken away by somebody evil," Erika stated, "Brass, you don't know how sorry I feel, I wish there was something I could do for you to make you feel better."

"I-it's alright Ms. Erika. I-I-I'll get over it, eventually, I know I w-w-will," she cried, "Whe-whe-when will I see you again?"

"Soon Brass, just as soon as this storm eases up and I can come and get you, I promise," Erika stated.

"M-M-Ms. Erika, I can't stay on any longer, I have to go."

"Alright Brass, I'm sorry. I'll be there soon, I promise, good-"

"No! Please don't say goodbye."

"Okay...I'll be there just as soon as I can, I promise," Erika replied.

"I know you w-w-will, M-M-Ms. E-E-Erika," Brass stuttered and managed to set the phone back down in its carriage, before breaking down into a crying heap again.

Neutranurse quietly stepped into the room and knelt down next to Brass, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it more," she asked gently.

"Neutranurse, it still hurts. I thought that I wouldn't be so upset with Metabee now that I have you, but just talking about what happened makes me cry," she stated as he voice wavered.

"It's okay Brass, I'm here for you," Neutranurse said as she patted her back.

"Why does it have to hurt so much? I h-h-have you and I love you, but I love Metabee too, why is it like this," she cried.

"I don't know Brass, I don't know. I suppose this is just something one has to go through when their first love doesn't love them back. I could never replace Metabee, the only thing I can do is be here for you when you need me," Neutranurse explained.

"Y-you won't stop loving me, will you?"

"No Brass, I won't. I'll always love you," Neutranurse reassured her and kissed her forehead.

"Neutranurse, do you think I'll ever get over what happened with Metabee," Brass asked as she calmed down slowly.

"You probably will. It'll take time, but I know that you'll feel better eventually," Neutranurse said as she stroked Brass' back.

"Neutranurse, could we go back to your room and sleep? I'm tired," Brass whispered as her optics dimmed.

"Yes, of course, anything you want," Neutranurse told her and helped her back up.

"Thank you," Brass said as she tiredly clung to Neutranurse.

"You're really tired," Neutranurse commented.

Brass was too tired to reply. As they entered Neutranurse's room, she slumped over, exhausted from crying. Neutranurse stopped and picked her up, laying her back down on the bed. She was about to lay down next to her, but then she stopped. She decided to go over to her deck and write something on a piece of paper. After a quick proof reading she folded it up and carefully slid it under the first layer or armor on Brass' arm.

"So you'll always remember," she whispered and kissed her cheek, before climbing into bed on the other side, gently slipping her arms around her waist, "I'll always be with you."

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *


End of Chapter 2.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *




This was more of a filler chapter than anything else. I was going to continue but it would've become too long and drawn out so I decided to rewrite the first half with a new idea. I decided to explain exactly what happened between Brass and Metabee to cause the chain of events in the previous chapter.