Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ A port in a storm ❯ Consequences ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Consequences

Disclaimer: "Medabots" and all related characters are not my property, they are the property of Fox Kids, Hasbro, Nelvana, (and Toei Animation if what I read during the credits is correct). Also, any songs I mention in this story are not my property either.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

(FLASHBACK)

Brass was too tired to reply. As they entered Neutranurse's room, she slumped over, exhausted from crying. Neutranurse stopped and picked her up, laying her back down on the bed. She was about to lay down next to her, but then she stopped. She decided to go over to her deck and write something on a piece of paper. After a quick proof reading she folded it up and carefully slid it under the first layer or armor on Brass' arm.

"So you'll always remember," she whispered and kissed her cheek, before climbing into bed on the other side, gently slipping her arms around her waist, "I'll always be with you."

(END FLASHBACK)

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

The thunder crashed as the rain continued to pour down. But unlike before it had calmed down greatly, allowing the grates in the streets to drain the excess water.

Karin paced back and forth, trying to be patient as she waited for her driver to get back. As soon as the weather looked up she sent him right out to pharynx is clear up Erika and bring her back. But after half an hour he still hadn't come back, and now she was starting to worry.

"Ooh, I hope nothing happened," she said to herself as looked at her watch and then back out the window.

But just as she turned around a loud car horn sounded and caused her to jump in surprise. She looked out the front door and saw her limo pull up. She grabbed her umbrella, slid on her shoes and hurried out the door.

As soon as she got out she ran over to the passenger side of the limo and opened the door, letting a very excited Erika out under her umbrella.

"Karin! Where's Brass, is she safe," Erika practically screamed as she grasped Karin's arms.

"Erika calm down, Brass is just fine, come in and calm down," Karin told her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm just upset, I miss Brass so much," Erika told her.

"I know, I understand," Karin said as she escorted her inside, "do you want something to drink or sit down and relax?"

"No, all I want is Brass. I don't think I could relax right now anyway," Erika told her.

"Alright, just be patient and I'll get her," Karin told her.

"Thanks Karin," Erika replied.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Darkness, everywhere Brass looked was darkness. She looked around as she cautiously stepped forward, very nervous.

"Where am I, what is this place," she asked herself, "Neutranurse, are you here," she called out, but only received an echo in response, "this isn't good, I just know it."

"Brass," a low voice groaned, causing her to jump.

"Who's there," she called out.

"Brass," it called out again.

"How could you Brass," the voice groaned, scaring her greatly.

"Wait, I know that voice," she said to herself as she looked from behind her arms, "I know you, you can't scare me! Come out, Metabee!"

In the distance a bright yellow light appeared, causing her to shield her optics. She carefully looked back at the light and was able to make out Metabee's frame. It looked like he had activated the medaforce, but instead his eyes were a bright red instead of emerald green.

"Metabee," she asked.

"What you're doing is wrong, you can't be with Neutranurse. I won't let you be with her," he groaned evilly.

"You're wrong Metabee, I love her," Brass told him.

"You can't love her, I won't let you," Metabee said as he brought his arms up and aimed at her.

"Metabee no," she screamed as she pointed her left cannon at him, "don't make me shoot you Metabee, I will."

"I won't let you continue this atrocity. Medaforce!"

Brass put her arms up in self defense. She knew that she'd never be able to dodge the blast no matter how hard she tried, it was hopeless.

"Goodbye Neutranurse, I love you," Brass whispered as she prepared to meet her demise.

"I love you too Brass," a disoriented voice told her.

Brass awoke with a start, her optics coming on immediately. She glanced around and found herself sitting on Neutranurse's bed, safe and sound, with Neutranurse gently embracing her.

"Brass are you okay," Neutranurse asked, "I was asleep and the next thing I knew you grabbed me and said you loved me."

"It, it was a bad dream, about Metabee," Brass told her.

"Well don't worry, it was just a dream you're safe. After all, I wouldn't let anyone hurt you," Neutranurse reassured her.

"I know, I know," Brass whispered as she laid back down, "but first could I ask you a question?"

"What is it," Neutranurse asked.

"Who was it you loved first?"

"Well...to be perfectly honest, nobody. I was just saying that so you'd feel better," Neutranurse explained.

"I see," Brass replied simply.

"Are you mad," Neutranurse asked.

"No, it was nice of you to do say that, thank you," Brass said shortly before a knock at the door was heard.

"Neutranurse? Are you and Brass awake," Karin whispered.

"You just lay down I'll see what she wants. And then, I'll get back to you," Neutranurse whispered, making Brass blush lightly at the statement.

Neutranurse climbed down from the bed and walked over to the door and opened just enough to stick her head out.

"Is something wrong Karin," Neutranurse asked.

"No, Erika's here and she'd like it if Brass could come back down now," she explained.

"Okay, but could you ask Erika to wait a little longer? Brass is still asleep," Neutranurse told her.

"Okay Neutranurse," Karin told her and walked back down the hall.

"Did I hear her right? Is Ms. Erika here," Brass asked as she sat up.

"Yes she is. I'm sorry but I'll have to break that promise I made you," Neutranurse replied.

"It's okay, we can always meet up again later," Brass told her as she hopped off the bed, "well, I guess I shouldn't keep Ms. Erika waiting any longer."

"I suppose so," Neutranurse said as she opened the door. But then, an idea came to her and she smirked beneath her faceplate, "Brass, tell me. Can you act asleep?"

"Why, do you want me to audition for the lead in "Snow White"," Brass asked, causing Neutranurse to giggle.

"No nothing like that. I have an idea how we can sped a couple more minutes together," she said as she swept Brass off her feet, placing one arm under her knees and the other around her back, "I'll carry you downstairs because you're asleep. And you can groggily "wake up" when I bring you down to Erika," she explained.

"That's a brilliant idea," Brass stated.

"I know," Neutranurse said as she held Brass close to her and kissed her lips gently, "now remember, act asleep."

"Right," Brass told her and "dozed off".

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Erika fidgeted anxiously as she paced up and down the small hallway near the front door, feeling very eager.

"Erika, Brass will be right down. Neutranurse said that she's still asleep and she'll bring her down soon," Karin stated as she came down the stairs.

"Good, I can't wait to see her again," Erika stated.

"Erika are you sure you don't want something to drink like maybe some tea? You seem really excited," Karin stated.

"You'd be excited too if you lost Neutranurse for as long as I have and not been able to find out if they were okay or not," Erika snapped.

"...I'm sorry, I was just trying to be friendly that's all," Karin told her.

"I know, I didn't mean to snap at you I'm sorry," Erika told her.

"It's okay, I understand," Karin told her.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

"This...might be trouble," Neutranurse said to herself.

"What? What's wrong," Brass asked as she carefully opened her optics.

"Well, coming up the stairs was no trouble, but going down is going to be trickier. I don't want to risk tripping and hurting you," Neutranurse told her.

"Then I guess we'll just have to walk down normally," Brass told her.

"I guess so," Neutranurse said as she gently set Brass back down on her feet.

"Neutranurse," she whispered, "I really liked it, being carried like that."

"I liked it too," Neutranurse replied before giving her a quick kiss, "come on, Erika's waited long enough."

"You're right, let's go," Brass told her as she walked down the stairway slowly, eventually reaching the bottom.

"Brass," Erika screamed excitedly and swept her up in her arms and hugged her tightly, "oh I missed you so much! I was so worried about you!"

"I'm sorry Ms. Erika, I'm sorry I made you worry so much," Brass told her.

"It's okay Brass, I understand why it happened. I still can't believe that happened," Erika stated.

"I know the feeling. It's just so strange; I keep feeling like I'm going to just wake up and everything is going to be okay, but I know that's not going to happen," Brass told her.

"Brass, I'm really sorry it happened, but I want you to know that I'll be there for you when you need me," Erika told her.

"So will I. call anytime you need somebody to talk to," Neutranurse spoke up.

"Thank you, both of you. With friends like you, I know I'll be okay," Brass told them.

"Well, I think its time we get home. Mom was really worried about you too Brass," Erika stated.

"She was? I didn't know that," Brass replied.

"Well she was, she was very relieved to hear that you were okay," Erika told her, "Karin, Neutranurse, thanks for taking care of Brass for me."

"It was no trouble, really," Neutranurse told her, "but Brass, if something goes wrong again, would you let me know instead of running away?"

"I'll do that, thank you," Brass told her.

"Well, if you'll excuse us I think we'll be heading back home now," Erika told them.

"Of course, goodbye," Neutranurse replied.

"Goodbye you two, I hope you don't run into any obstacles along the way," Karin added.

"Thanks Karin," Erika said as she waved goodbye, Brass following close behind as they walked to the limo and got in.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

For the most part the ride back home had been uneventful and very quiet. So quiet you could cut it with a knife. Eventually it became too much for Brass to stand and she finally decided to speak up.

"Ms. Erika, are you mad at me for running away," she asked nervously.

"No Brass, I was never mad, I was just worried. You don't know what it was like when I came home and you weren't there. Millions of thoughts were going through my head about what might've happened," Erika told her.

"I'm sorry Ms. Erika, but seeing Metabee and Oceana together, it just tore me up from the inside out, I just had to run," Brass replied.

"I know Brass, and I'm really sorry about it," Erika said as she hugged her.

"Ms. Erika," Brass began as she looked up into partner's soft, chocolate brown eyes, "do you love me?"

"What," Erika asked, taken aback by the question.

"Do you love me," Brass asked again.

"Of course I do Brass, why do you ask?"

"Well...it's just that I can't ever remember you saying so. And...it kind of makes you wonder now and then," Brass explained.

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry I didn't tell you Brass, but I do love you," Erika told her.

"I love you too, Ms. Erika," Brass replied, 'one day, maybe one day, Ms. Erika, I can call you my sister, just like Neutranurse and Karin,' she thought as she carefully leaned against Erika and wrapped her arm around her stomach.

"Brass what's the matter, are you cold?"

"...A little. I guess it's from being in the rain so long," Brass replied nervously, fortunately Erika didn't detect it.

"I see. Well, is this better," Erika asked as she suddenly pulled her close in a tight hug.

"Much better, thank you," Brass said as she leaned in closer to enjoy the embrace.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

The days continued to pass by and everything seemed to be back to normal. Of course for a select few, they knew different.

As for Erika she had started to notice a difference in Brass and her behavior. Ever since she returned home, she had started to act more outgoing, she had started listening to different kinds of music; she was even willing to robattle hard.

But for the life of her, Erika just couldn't figure out what had caused so much change in only a week. But whatever it was, she was pretty sure it had to do with the whole event involving Metabee. And she was determined to find out.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

It was a normal day at the Riverview Junior told shed, except for the fact that Metabee wasn't around today. For that Brass was thankful, she wasn't in the mood to be around him anytime soon.

Unfortunately everything wasn't well at the school. Because of a prank played on Coach Mountain, every student in his class was being forced to run laps until they collapsed.

Brass, Peppercat, Krosserdog, and Totalizer sat on the school wall, watching the whole torturous event going on, cringing every time they heard Coach Mountain yelling at their medafighters.

"This isn't fair at all. Ms. Erika isn't the kind to play a joke, she shouldn't be running," Brass stated.

"What kind of joke was pulled," Totalizer asked.

"The old "bucket of water over the door" trick. Except this time it was filled with cherry soda," Peppercat explained.

"I still wonder who pulled that dirty trick," Krosserdog wondered.

"I don't know but I'm getting tired of this. Who does he think he is to make boss run laps for something she didn't do," Peppercat demanded.

Just as Brass was about to respond she heard something from the field. It sounded like somebody falling down. She looked over and was horrified to see that Erika had collapsed.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

"Tolstoy* get up and quit slacking off," Coach Mountain yelled and stomped over to her.

"I'm...too tired. I can't...I can't even stand up," Erika panted.

"Tolstoy," Coach Mountain said in a loud threatening tone.

"That's enough!"

Coach Mountain turned around upon hearing the voice and saw Brass standing behind him, looking mad.

"What're you doing here," Coach Mountain yelled.

"School hours have just ended so according to the rules I'm allowed out here. And I've come to take Ms. Erika home! Just look at her. She's hot, tired, dehydrated and she doesn't deserve this," Brass practically screamed.

"Tolstoy and the rest will run until I say they can stop and not one lap less," Coach Mountain bellowed.

"Fine then I'll fight for Ms. Erika. I challenge you to a robattle, and if I win we both go home right away," Brass told him.

"Oh yeah! And what if I win?"

"If you win...I'll run laps along with everybody else," Brass told him.

Coach Mountain thought this offer over for a minute before reaching a decision. It was definitely a tempting one.

"Okay, sure. It's not like I'm going to lose to a wimpy medabot like you," Coach Mountain stated and pressed his medawatch, brining out Digmole, not noticing the angered look on Brass' face.

Digmole appeared in front of Coach Mountain, but there was something different about him. In his hands was a long chain with a large metal ball on the end of it.

"Then it's agreed!"

Everybody looked up and saw a strange (but not out of the ordinary) sight. Mr. Referee was coming down on a red pogo stick. He hit the ground several times before finally coming to a complete stop.

"I declare this a submission robattle! The rules are simple! The first medabot to stop the other from functioning wins! The loser must then submit one medapart to the winner, for keeps! Medabots ready?"

"I'm ready," Digmole stated.

"Brass, are you sure you want to do this," Erika asked.

"Trust me Ms. Erika, I want to do this. I have to. Now just rest and I'll take care of this," Brass told her.

"Medabots...robattle!"

Brass started out with her laser cannons in a massive barrage in hopes of pummeling Digmole, but to her surprise he was incredibly evasive despite the face that his lower body was tank treads.

"Bad move," he said in his low gravelly voice as he swung his ball and chain and released it.

The massive ball flew at Brass quicker than she could react, and at the angle it was thrown it wrapped around her neck tight.

"Wh-what is this," Brass asked as she tried to pull herself loose.

(*Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead*)

"Something we created. This chain can extend up to twenty feet, and when it wraps around something it never lets go," Digmole exclaimed and gave the chain a violent pull.

Even if Brass had time to brace herself it wouldn't have helped. With that one jerk she was sent flying and pulled right into Digmole's closed fist, sending her flying back into the wall and breaking almost all the way through.

"Warning: Head/torso 50% damaged," Erika's medawatch stated.

"Brass just stop, it isn't worth it," Erika stated as watched from the sidelines.

(*Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb*)

"I'm sorry Ms. Erika but I'll have to disappoint you," Brass said as she managed to pull herself out of the hole in the wall, "I'm not about to quit just when I'm about to win."

"Not by a long shot sailor girl," Digmole said as he brought his ball and chain down in a swinging motion, the heavy metal ball coming down right where she was standing.

Brass narrowed her optics as she saw the metal ball coming right for her. She knew that she wouldn't be able to leap out of the way. This gave her only one option available to her. She caught the ball between her hands, grunting as eht force shook her body.

"Arms damaged, 60% remaining," Erika's medawatch stated.

(*So much to do so much to see
So what's wrong with taking the back streets
You'll never know if you don't go
You'll never shine if you don't glow*)

"How'd she do that," Coach Mountain asked.

"I'm not a wimpy medabot. Just because I'm a sailor doesn't mean that I'm weak and fragile," Brass stated as she dropped the ball to the ground and grabbed the chain and held tight, "and now. You're going to be mine."

Brass began to pull Digmole closer, grunting as he threw his treads into reverse to resist.

'I never knew a sailor girl could be so strong! How's she doing this,' Digmole though as he tried to pull back.

(*Hey now you're an All Star get your game on, go play
Hey now you're a Rock Star get the show on get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold*)

"I don't think so Digmole, you're not getting anywhere if I have anything to say about it," Brass said as she dug her feet into the ground.

"Fine you want that chain you can have it," Digmole yelled and fiddled with a piece under his arm, causing the chain to come snapping loose and nearly hit Brass in the head and causing her to fall backwards.

Now that Digmole was free he came charging at Brass, ramming into her and sending her rolling along the ground.

"Brass you've gotta get out of there before its too late," Erika screamed.

(*It's a cool place and they say it gets colder
You're bundled up now but wait 'til you get older
But the meteor men beg to differ
Judging by the hole in the satellite picture*)

"Yeah come on Brass get up and show that guy who's boss," Peppercat added as she and the others cheered her on.

Brass groaned in pain as she tried to stand back up. She could tell that her systems were running low from the thrashing that she had received, but she knew that she had to keep going, otherwise the consequences might be dire.

'I have to think of a way to beat Digmole. He's an old model but he's tougher than he really looks,' she thought as she looked around. And then she spotted an equalizer, 'this better work.'

She moved over and picked up the chain a couple of feet away from the ball and lifted it up. With a grunt she picked it up off the ground and managed to start swinging it around and work up a decent speed.

(*The ice we skate is getting pretty thin
The waters getting warm so you might as well swim
My world's on fire how about yours
That's the way I like it and I never get bored*)

"I admit you're strong, but you'll never be able to stop my attack now," Digmole stated and came charging in.

"I don't think so," Brass stated and released her the ball, just managing to slam it into Digmole's lower body, stopping him in place.

"Warning, lower body function ceased, 100% damage," Coach Mountain's medawatch stated.

"What," Coach Mountain yelled.

(*Hey now you're an All Star get your game on, go play
Hey now you're a Rock Star get the show on get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold*)

"It seems that the glove is on the other hand Coach Mountain, Digmole is now a statue," Brass stated.

"A least I'm better looking," Digmole stated as he grabbed the chain again and started swinging it again.

'Not this time,' Brass thought as she stuck her arms out to the side and began to do backward summersaults.

'Not bad,' Digmole thought as he swung let his ball and chain go flying after her.

(*Somebody once asked could you spare some change for gas
I need to get myself away from this place
I said yep what a concept
I could use a little fuel myself
And we could all use a little change*)

Just as she was about to be hit, Brass leapt into the air with a double backward summersault and made a before two point landing on the top of the school wall, while the ball smashed through the wall.

"So what if she's athletic? Digmole break her," Coach Mountain ordered.

"Right coach," Digmole replied as he pulled on his chain, but to his shock it was stuck in the wall, "crap!"

"A little trouble Digmole? Maybe I can help," Brass said as she leapt onto the chain and ran along the length.

(*Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb*)

Everybody was in shock as Brass ran along the chain length until she reached Digmole and gave him a devastating kick to the face before leaping into the air.

"Warning: head unit 50% damaged," Coach Mountain's medawatch stated.

Everything seemed to slow down as Brass descended to the ground. She brought her right arm forward and stuck out her index finger and raised her thumb. At the mouth of her gun barrel a ball of orange energy began to gather.

Digmole looked up in fright as Brass grasped her wrist and aimed right for his head as she came ever closer to the ground. He would never forget the look in her optics as she uttered the two words that would send him into a world of pain and unconsciousness.

(*So much to do so much to see
So what's wrong with taking the back streets
You'll never know if you don't go
You'll never shine if you don't glow*)

"Short shot!"

It sounded like a shotgun went off at close range as the blast exploded in Digmole's face and engulfed the entire area. Once the blast faded everybody saw that Digmole was on his back and hid medal had ejected over to Coach Mountain's feet.

"Function ceased! And the winner is Brass," Mr. Referee stated.

"Brass that was awesome," Erika stated as she went to congratulate her. But to her surprise Brass was nowhere to be found, "Brass? Brass where are you!"

"Um, a little help? Please?"

Erika looked up and saw that Brass had landed in a tree branch outside of the school ground area.

"Brass how did you get up there," Erika asked as she ran over to the wall.

"I put too much energy into my short shot, it blew me back and I wound up here," Brass explained as she tried to get down.

"Don't worry Brass we'll get you down," Peppercat told her as she charged over to the tree.

"You were awesome Brass I've never seen moves like that before," Krosserdog stated as he followed close behind.

"Yeah, you could be a great dancer with some practice," Peppercat said as she got under where Brass was, "okay Krosserdog fire!"

"Right!"

Krosserdog aimed for the spot several inches behind Brass and fired, shooting it clean off and letting Peppercat catch her in her arms.

Brass smiled at the closeness between herself and Peppercat, it was very comfortable. But she quickly realized what she was doing and decided to stop before it could go anywhere, it just wasn't right, she loved Neutranurse.

"Thank you Peppercat," she said as she hopped down from Peppercat's arms and leapt down from the wall.

"Brass that was amazing," Erika stated and ran up to Brass and hugged her, "where did you learn how to fight like that on your own?"

"A young boy named Yusuke, I've seen him fight and I did my best to copy his moves. That's how I learnt to make my short shot so powerful," Brass explained.

"Well thank him for me the next time you see him," Erika told her, "see you Monday Coach Mountain!"

"Good riddance," Brass muttered as she and Erika walked out of the school yard and headed for home.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *


"I still can't believe the look on Coach Mountain's face when you took Digmole out, it was priceless," Erika laughed as the two walked home.

"It's just sad that you didn't have your camera. A few good pictures would be great for our next report," Brass stated.

"Well there's always next time I guess. I still can't believe how well you fought on your own," Erika stated, "maybe you could robattle Meta---robattle Sumilidon and I can get some pictures then," Erika told her.

"...You were going to say Metabee weren't you Ms. Erika," Brass asked and she continued walking.

"Yes I guess so. I'm sorry Brass," Erika told her.

"It's okay Ms. Erika, you don't have to worry about it. I don't," Brass told her.

"It's just that I was afraid that you were still upset about him," Erika explained.

"At first I was because I wanted to be with Metabee. But after I thought about it I realized something. He and I are completely different and had nothing in common. If I did manage to get to Metabee first it probably wouldn't last very long," Brass told her.

"In that case I wonder how long he and Oceana will stay together."

"I don't know, but that reminds me of something else. I forgot how much pain Metabee went through when he lost Oceana. It really wouldn't be fair to keep them away since they care so much," Brass added.

"I guess you're right," Erika told her and waited a minute before continuing, "how're you feeling anyway?"

"Alright I suppose. I will need a tune up later," she said as she looked over herself, "and maybe a good polish as well."

"Well as soon as I get a good bath I'll fix you up like brand new," Erika told her.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

"Oh this feels so good," Erika sighed as she leaned back in a tub full of warm bubbly bath water.

"I'm sure it does," Brass stated as she brought some fresh clothes in and set them down on the hamper.

"Oh it does," she sighed, "Brass why don't you join me? It'll probably do wonders for your joints."

"Thank you for the offer Ms. Erika, but no. Bubblebath and my systems don't go together very well," Brass told her, "remember that one time when I needed to be cleaned up?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You moved like Frankenstien's Monster for a week."

"And that's something I'd rather not experience again. Now if you'll please excuse me I'd like to listen to some music and lay back for a while," Brass told her.

"Okay Brass, I'll get to you as soon as I get out," Erika told her.

"Alright Ms. Erika, I'll see you then."

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Brass yawned as she finished reattaching the last pieces of armor to her legs. She'd waited for Erika to get out of the tub, but after forty-five minutes and no sign, she figured that she was too engrossed in the comfort.

So to kill the time she decided to work on her arms and legs. She'd managed to bring them back up to full capacity, but her torso and head were just out of her reach, so she had to wait on Erika.

"I wonder what's taking so long. Did Ms. Erika doze off," Brass asked herself.

That instantly got her attention. She leapt off the futon and dashed down the hallway to the bathroom and threw open the door.

"Ms. Erika are you alright?"

"Eek! Brass!"

Brass turned around immediately and covered her optics as Erika wrapped a towel around herself, completely embarrassed about the entire event.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Erika it didn't mean to surprise you. I was afraid that you might've dozed off and might've drowned," Brass explained.

"Oh? I see. Well thanks for caring Brass, I didn't mean to scream," Erika told her.

"It's alright, I should've knocked first," Brass told her, "just so you know, I've got most of the work on my body done, I just need some headwork."

"Okay Brass but I can't guarantee anything, I'm not a psychiatrist," Erika joke.

"Excuse me?"

"Never mind Brass, it's not important."

"If you say so. I'll be waiting," Brass told her.

"And I'll be there soon," Erika replied.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

"Ouch!"

Erika shook her hand vigorously and sucked her ring finger after hurting it with one of the tools. 'Getting to the damaged spots on Brass' body wasn't easy no matter how much you try,' she thought to herself.

"I'm sorry Ms. Erika, I'd take care of it myself if I could," Brass apologized from within her medawatch.

"It's okay Brass it isn't your fault. But as soon as I build up enough money I'm going to buy you one of those regenerators like Spitfire has," Erika explained as she worked on another circuit.

"Those aren't cheap Ms. Erika. Are you sure you want to spend that kind of money? It's not like I robattle all the time," Brass told her.

"I know, but I consider it a sound investment. With it incidents like this will be a thing of the past. And who knows, I might start letting you robattle more often if you want to," she replied.

"That would be nice. It felt great to actually let loose and get involved in something physical," Brass stated.

"I'm sure Digmole didn't feel that way when he saw you moving in for the finale," Erika laughed.

"The look in his optics was priceless. I doubt he'll be calling be wimpy anytime soon," Brass added.

"Well it looks like everything's done. You ready," Erika asked.

"Of course."

Erika took out Brass' medal and inserted it back into the slot on her back before closing it, bringing her back online.

"So how do you feel," Erika asked.

"Much better," she said as she looked over herself, "except for feeling dirty."

"Well I think it's your turn to get cleaned up," she told her.

'Oh dear,' Brass thought at this.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Brass giggled uncontrollably, unable to sit still for even a minute as Erika scrubbed her down to remove the dirt that had been gathered from her battle.

"Brass hold still, otherwise we'll never get done," Erika told her.

"I can't help it," Brass managed to say as she gripped her sides, "you're tickling me too much!"

"I'm sorry Brass but we've got to get you cleaned up," Erika explained as she tried to hold her still.

"Then please stop using a scrub brush," she laughed and practically thrashed around on the bathroom floor.

Erika put away the scrub brush and took out the soaked wash rag in the basin of water next to the tub and began to wash off the bubbly cleaning solution that covered most of Brass' body.

"Oh that feels so much better," Brass sighed contentedly as she laid back and relaxed, enjoying the gentle feeling.

"I don't get it Brass, how can you be so ticklish," Erika asked as she washed away the soapy film.

"I really don't know, I guess I just am," she replied.

"Well I guess it can happen to anybody," Erika said as she moved the washcloth up and down Brass' leg, but as she was about to reach her skirt, she grasped her wrist, "what's wrong Brass?"

"Could you please, not do that area? I'd rather not have somebody looking up my skirt," she explained.

"Oh I get it. Sure thing Brass."

"Thank you."

Erika moved from Brass' leg to her left arm. But as she began to wash the soap away, she stopped. She looked down into her arm carefully, squinting her eyes to get a better look.

"Is something wrong Ms. Erika," Brass asked.

"No but there's something in here," Erika explained as she tried to get a hold of it, "nuts my fingers are too big."

"Let me try," Brass said as she took a look, "even my fingers are too big. But I can take care of that."

Brass undid the micro clamps on her arm; unhinging the layer of outer armor and letting the paper fall out.

Erika picked up the paper and unfolded it. She glanced over it, making a quizzical face.

"What is it Ms. Erika," Brass asked as she reattached her armor.

"It looks like a note," Erika said as she began to read more carefully, "wait a minute it's a love note."

If Brass had a heart it would be beating a mile a minute. When she heard that it was a love note she felt her system temperature jump at least ten more degrees.

'Oh no I didn't want Ms. Erika to find out this way. That love note is from Neutranurse is just has to be,' Brass thought nervously as she tried to remain calm.

"Oh no. I'm sorry Brass, some water must've seeped in because the name's too smudged to read," Erika told her.

This made Brass feel so much better. Now there wouldn't have to be any confrontation. At least she didn't think so.

"So that's how you got over Metabee so quickly. You found somebody else didn't you," Erika asked coyly.

"Well I guess you could say that," Brass said as she remained surprisingly calm.

"So who's the lucky guy," Erika asked excitedly.

"Excuse me but don't I have a right to my privacy," Brass shouted before realizing what she had just said, "I'm sorry Ms. Erika I didn't mean to say it like that."

"It's alright Brass. But you do have a point. You can tell me when you're ready," Erika told her.

"So what does the note say," Brass asked.

"You haven't read this before," Erika asked, she nodded, "well I guess you should read yourself," she said and handed the paper to her.

"Brass,

When I'm near you I can feel my insides flutter, but when you're gone I can feel an emptiness deep within my heart and it pains me.

When I think of the few hours that you and I shared together, it lifts my spirits and makes me very happy.

You are the light to my dark, the yin to my yang, my other. Without you I am not whole.

Return to me soon my love, I miss you dearly.

~~~~~~~~~~~"

"It's beautiful really," Brass stated.

"I know. So...who's it from," Erika asked as she leaned in close to hear better.

"Please I have a right to keep that private. I'll tell you when I'm ready to, alright," Brass asked.

"Alright Brass, alright, if you want to keep it a secret go ahead, "she told her, 'I'll find out eventually. A reporter like myself also has to be a good detective.'

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

The days continued to pass slowly, dragging on to Tuesday. After Erika had found that letter from Neutranurse and started asking questions Brass had become very nervous. She always thought that at any time Erika would find out her secret and be very angry with her.

This continued from Friday afternoon until Tuesday when it had become too much for her to handle. She knew what she had to do; she had to come clean.


+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

Brass paced back and forth downstairs in the living room, trying to work up enough courage to go and tell Erika about it. Unfortunately every time she tried her knees would shake and her bravery would drop and she'd have to start all over again.

"This is hopeless," Brass sighed as she plopped down on the couch and held her head, "I'm never going to be able to tell Erika about this," she told herself just before the phone rang and she answered, "Tolstoy residence."

"Is that you Brass," the voice at the other end of the line asked.

"Neutranurse," Brass asked as she sat up in surprise, "oh Neutranurse I've missed talking to you. Where have you been?"

"I'm very sorry Brass but this is the only time I've gotten to call you, its been very busy around here," Neutranurse explained, "I can't tell you how much I've missed you."

"I miss you too. It's been ten days and I haven't seen nor heard from you until now," Brass told her.

"I'm sorry Brass but I'm working on something, something big. I'd like to tell you but Dr. Aki made me promise to keep it secret," Neutranurse told her, "so how have you been lately?"

"Well I've been okay I guess. I won a robattle against Digmole three days ago to get Ms. Erika out of detention. Would you believe that I was actually stronger than he was," she asked.

"I don't doubt it. If anybody could do it I'm sure you could," Neutranurse told her, "did you find my note?"

"Sort of. Erika found it first."

"She did? When? What'd she do," Neutranurse asked.

"Three days ago after my robattle. She was cleaning me up and she found the note. I was so nervous when she found it, but the name was smudged so she couldn't read it," Brass explained.

"Well that was fortunate," Neutranurse told her, "so what did you think of the note?"

"It was very beautiful," Brass told her as she leaned back and let out a sigh.

"Is something wrong Brass?"

"You could say that. After Erika found the note I just got so nervous about her finding out about us, and I've been trying to work up the courage to tell her myself. But every time I feel that I can do it, something happens and I lose all my confidence and I'm back where I started. I'm just so scared about this," Brass explained.

"It's okay Brass this has to be a big step for anybody. If you want I'll be there in less than an hour, I'll even bring Karin so we can tell the both of them," Neutranurse told her.

"It's a nice gesture Neutranurse but this is something I have to do myself. And besides if Ms. Erika is going to be mad I don't want anybody else to be in the line of fire," Brass told her.

"Erika's that excitable? Are you sure you don't want me there? I can hold Erika down so she can't hurt anybody," Neutranurse told her.

"I don't think it'll come to that. But just in case I'll make sure to keep out of arm's length," Brass told her.

"Well if you say so. So are you going to be telling her tonight," Neutranurse asked her.

"I'll try. If nothing goes wrong I'll call you back okay?"

"I'll be looking forward to it Brass. Just remember, I love you," Neutranurse told her.

"I love you too Neutranurse," Brass said and hung up the phone.

"Care to tell me about this?"

Brass almost screamed as the leapt up and saw Erika standing behind her, a confused look on her face and her arms folded.

"M-M-M-M-Ms. Erika! H-h-how much did you hear," Brass asked nervously.

"Not much. The main thing I heard was you telling Neutranurse that you love her," Erika told her, "does this mean what I think it means?"

"W-what exactly is it that you think this means," Brass asked.

"That Neutranurse is the one you've found to get over Metabee," Erika told her.

"I'm afraid you're right," Brass said with a long sigh, "I think you might want to sit down while you hear this."

"I think that would be a good idea," Erika said as she sat down in one of the chairs, "so spill it. What caused you to think that you love Neutranurse?"

"About eleven days ago, when I was still gone and that storm was going on, Karin and Neutranurse found me. They dried me off, took me home and let me rest; I don't think I slept at all during the time I was by myself," Brass explained.

"Go on," Erika told her.

"After I woke up Neutranurse and I talked. I poured my heart out about what happened, and Neutranurse did her best to make me feel better. She comforted me and talked to me, telling me that everything would be alright, and it helped. Then we started to just talk about some things. And then one thing lead to another and...we kissed."

"You kissed," Erika asked, shocked by this.

"Yes. We kissed. It was my first time," she said as she blushed lightly, "she asked me if I would feel better if I were kissed and I told her I might, so she did it. I was shocked, I never expected her to just kiss me. I was shocked too and at the time I thought it was wrong, but Neutranurse made me realize that there wasn't. Then...after a little more talking, and a little more kissing I sort of...decided that I loved her."

Erika sat quietly after hearing this, trying to make sense of all this information. And every second that she remained silent felt like a painful eternity to Brass, fearing what Erika might say, but fearing the waiting even more.

But finally after several excruciatingly long minutes of silence and stillness, Erika finally spoke up.

"I see...and you're sure about this decision," Erika asked.

"Yes Ms. Erika I'm very sure," Brass old her.

"But Brass how can you be so sure this is love and not something else," Erika asked.

"There's no mistaking this it has to be love," Brass stated, "whenever I'm around Neutranurse I can feel myself blush. I get a funny feeling right down in here, like something's fluttering around," she continued as she put her hand on her stomach plate, "my circuits feel so hot and I enjoy every minute of it. There's no way to mistake what I feel for Neutranurse, it's like what I felt for Metabee but it's so much stronger."

"It just isn't possible Brass, you're on the rebound from Metabee and that's why you feel this way," Erika told her.

"This isn't rebound Ms. Erika. I've never felt happier with anyone before in my entire life," Brass argued.

"But Brass you don't understand the bigger issue here. Love of this kind simply isn't right," Erika told her.

"You're wrong Ms. Erika it is right! There's no law or legal boundary to prevent the two of us from loving and nobody is being hurt so there's no reason the two of us can't love each other," she argued, once again shooting down Erika's argument.

"Brass you simply don't understand what you're doing," Erika stated as she began to lose her patience, "you could get hurt if you keep this up and I don't want that to happen to you. You give me no other choice Brass, I forbid you from ever seeing Neutranurse again."

Brass couldn't believe this, it was impossible! She was forbidden from seeing Neutranurse? There was no way she was ever going to stand for this!

"Ms. Erika you can't do that! You have no right to tell me I can't see the one I love," she screamed.

"I can and I did. You'll thank me for this one day Brass. Now go upstairs, I'll talk to you more about this after dinner," Erika told her.

"No I won't," Brass told her defiantly and folded her arms.

"Brass if you don't do as I say, then I'll put your medal in my medawatch and not let you back out," Erika told her.

Brass trembled at this threat, she knew that Erika meant business if she was making a threat like this.

"How...can you possibly be...so...heartless," Brass said as she fought not to cry, before running off upstairs, the sound of a door slam sounding a minute later.

"I'm sorry Brass but someday you'll be glad I did this," Erika said to herself.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

It wasn't easy for Erika to eat dinner. It wasn't because it was leftover lasagna, but because of everything she has gone through with Brass. In that one conversation everything has been turned crazy.

"I still can't believe this, it's crazy," Erika said to herself as she climbed up the stairs to her room. But as she opened the door she didn't see Brass anywhere. All she found was a piece of paper on her bed, "Brass," she asked as she picked up the paper and read it.

Erika,

Since you can't accept my love then you shouldn't have to accept me. Even if you come looking for me you'll never find me. Goodbye. I still wish you luck though, perhaps you'll find another medabot who won't go against our wishes and find love.

Brass

As Erika read this she fell to her knees, horrified.

"What've I done," she asked herself as she looked over the note again.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

End of Chapter 3.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

The cat's out of the bag and as Brass feared, Erika hasn't taken the news well. What's going to happen? Will Erika accept Brass' decision? How will Karin take the news? To find out stay tuned for the fourth and final chapter.

+ * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + *

* Since nobody really knows Erika's last name I just decided to give her one, and Tolstoy just seemed to fit her.