Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Brass and the Knuckle of Doom! ❯ Henry...EXPOSED?! ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Notes: One of the many overlooked Medabots, Brass is pretty much a female Metabee. And Erika has proven she can kick Ikki's butt when the need arises. So, finally, a fanfic dedicated to the determined yet overshadowed team of Erika and Brass. Don't worry, Ikki & Metabee show up a lot.

The Knuckle of Doom does not actually exist in the world of Medabots, and yes, it's supposed to sound funny.

Genre: Humor/Adventure

Summary: A series following Erika & Brass's quest to surpass their male counterparts.

Brass and the Knuckle…OF DOOM!

Prologue - Henry…EXPOSED?!

IKKI AND METABEE ARE IN! the headline screamed. The article underneath was much more detailed, of course. One of her very best, truth be told. But Ikki had always been Erika's preferred cover story. Anyway, not many could say that their best friend was the third best Medafighter in Japan. However, the article had left Erika with a strange sense of emptiness when she'd printed it. Something was missing.

At first, she hadn't realized. She was always watching Ikki and Metabee from the sidelines, their official cheerleader when they were up and official butt-kicker when they were down, so they would get back up in a hurry. She had always believed in their potential, their will to win.

And yet, she had never believed in herself. Not as a Medafighter, anyway. The part that really bugged her was that there was absolutely no reason why she couldn't have been just behind Ikki in the rankings…or even higher then him.

Brass was a fine Medabot, and had always been there to help get the latest story on tape, get the paper out on time, or support Metabee when he needed it (though he rarely ever admitted that or thanked anyone). In fact, the recent battle with Dr. Meta-Evil had made Erika realize something very important.

Metabee had a Hercules Beetle Type Medal. So did Rintaro's Kantaroth, Space Medafighter X's Arcbeetle…and so did Brass. She could be as good as any of them, maybe better. Though, for some reason, she wasn't.

Erika blamed herself. Brass usually only did what she was told to do, or what she thought would help her Medafighter at the moment. She had never voiced an opinion on their lack of Robattles or Erika's obsession with being the best junior reporter around. Instead, she'd just been there, whether Erika had asked her to be or not. She was more than just a Medabot. Brass was a constant, reliable companion, and a true friend.

And perhaps, hidden beneath that calm, easygoing exterior, was the heart of a true champion. If a Medabot as stubborn as Metabee could save the world, Erika was at least going to make sure Brass got local attention for something, even if it was just winning a citywide Robattle tournament. But first, they'd have to train. Luckily, Erika knew just where to start.

* * * * *

Henry was just about to close his store for the night when Erika burst in with Brass right behind her. "Sorry, ladies, but I'm closing," he said, not looking up.

"But this is important, Henry!" Erika cried. "I need some Medaparts for training!"

"Training for who? One of your friends just get a Medabot?"

Erika glared at him. "NO! They're for Brass!"

"They are?" Brass asked at once, clearly surprised.

"Yes! So you CAN'T close, Henry! We need those Medaparts NOW!"

Henry didn't look convinced. "Sorry, Erika, but you know what time I close. You can't just barge in here and expect me to stay open, even if it is you."

"Do it as a favor to the number three Medafighter in Japan!"

"I doubt Ikki knows you're here, and I really don't think he'd want you trying to Robattle your way after his title."

"I don't CARE what Ikki would want! This about Brass and me!"

"Miss Erika!" Brass cried, looking shocked.

Henry gave Erika an appraising look. "So you're planning on training Brass? What brought this on?"

"I'm tired of being just another girl in Ikki's little gang of Medafighters! Even Karin and Neutranurse helped out against Giganko, and I know we're better than them!"

"I don't know," Henry said airily. "She IS undefeated…"

"She's never been in an official Robattle! Of COURSE she's undefeated!"

"Thought I was the only one that noticed. So, you just want to beat up Neutranurse?"

Erika sighed. "No! I want to prove that Brass is as good as Metabee."

"Might be tough," Henry reasoned. "Metabee's got a three mile-long lucky streak…plus the Medaforce. And Ikki's no slouch anymore, either."

"Well, neither am I!" Erika snapped. "I'm going to show everyone that Metabee isn't the only sharpshooter in town!"

"You sound determined, I'll give you that," Henry said after a moment. "But you're always like that, just not about being a Medafighter. I could sell you some parts, but how do I know they won't go to waste when your next big story pops up?"

Erika smirked confidently. "If things go my way, Brass WILL be my next big story."

Henry smiled. "I'm glad you seem so certain about this, Erika, but I still have to close…"

"Oh, no you don't. Not when I can blackmail you!"

Henry's smile faltered. "What…?"

Erika pulled a small photo out of her pink overalls. "I have classified information that proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that YOU, Henry, are…"

Henry sweatdropped. She can't really have proof that I'm the Phantom Renegade and Space Medafighter X…can she?!

"…definitely related to Space Medafighter X, a.k.a. the Phantom Renegade!!!"

Henry collapsed in a twitching heap.

"Oh my!" Brass gasped.

"I KNEW IT!" Erika shouted, shoving the photo in his face. "You're the Phantom's twin brother!"

Henry looked up to see a crude pencil drawing of himself standing between the Phantom and Space Medafighter X. They DID look a lot alike. "Wow, Erika," he said weakly. "I underestimated your journalist skills. You've got me all figured out…"

"So I WON'T print your secret in tomorrow's paper if you sell me some Medaparts for Brass right now!"

"Okay, okay, I'll help you." Henry climbed back to his feet. "Fortunately, Brass isn't all that different from Metabee, and from all the times we…um…you've seen him Robattle, you should be familiar with the parts Ikki has."

"And they'll all work for Brass?" Erika asked eagerly.

"Most of them should. Brass has a Hercules Beetle Type Medal, and her specialty is shooting, just like Metabee. You might even say she's a female KBT."

"This is great! Not only can we train to be better than Ikki and Metabee, but we can BEAT them with their own parts!"

Brass looked somewhat uncomfortable. "Erika," she said hesitantly.

"What is it, Brass?"

"Why this sudden interest in defeating Ikki? He is your friend. He has been for a while now…"

Erika's mood deflated a bit. "I don't necessarily want to BEAT him, I just want to be as good as him. But since we're already aiming high, I figure we should aim highest."

"But…we haven't been in that many Robattles. I hardly think I'm on Metabee's level anymore."

"That's exactly why we're going to train! We're going to prove that girls can kick butt, too!"

Brass still looked worried. "Metabee has the Medaforce…"

"We'll worry about that if we get to the top ten. Right now, we're going to work on making you citywide champion."

"Then…you'd have no problem fighting Ikki and Metabee?"

Erika smiled. "Is that what's bothering you, Brass? That you might have to fight them one day?"

Brass nodded. "I'm sorry, Miss Erika."

"Don't worry about it. Just keep in mind that Ikki and Metabee are ultimately boys, and boys love a good fight. Think of how surprised they'll be when we're the ones that bring that fight to them."

Brass giggled. "It does have a certain entertainment value…"

"Remember, Brass. If we ever want to get that far, we have to train hard. I might even have to let someone else run then newspaper for a while."

Brass was horrified. "But, Miss Erika! Your dreams!"

"There's always room for another dream in my head, Brass. And once you become a champion, they'll be begging me to come back and do a story on you."

Brass blushed. "Do…you really think I can do this, Erika?"

Erika patted her shoulder. "Sure, I do."

There was a loud sob behind them as Henry hid his face in his hands. "That was beautiful!" he wailed, choking up. "A girl and her Medabot…off to achieve their dreams of fame and glory!" He sniffled. "You two are truly an inspiration to Medafighters everywhere!"

"I don't suppose that gets us a 90% discount?" Erika asked.

Henry quickly dried his tears. "You're not THAT inspiring."

"But I bet this picture is…" Erika waved the drawing.

Henry sighed. "Fine! 85%, plus I'll teach you everything you need to know about the Hercules Beetle Type Medal's abilities."

"Deal!" Erika shook his hand. "Let's get started!"

Henry gaped at her. "Right NOW?!"

"Sure! We haven't got all night!"

"We wouldn't have ANY of it if you'd let me close…!"

But Erika was already pulling Brass over to some Multikolor arms that had caught her eye.

Henry shook his head, smiling a bit. "Look out, Ikki and Metabee. I think your worst nightmare was right under your nose the whole time…"

* * * * *

Chapter 1: Enter the Knuckle

Who is the mysterious, masked stranger in the park? Is HE related to Phantom Renegade, too? What's up with his weird Medabot? And what will Mr. Referee dress up as this time?