MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ Awakening and Recovery ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Awakening and Recovery
Emerald's Point Of View
 
That boy, Orion, has been with me almost the whole time I've been in the hospital and he still refuses to tell me where I am and why I'm here. Still he is being very kind and considerate as I relearn the things I forgot how to do, by my side every step of the way to a full recovery. He seems to give me the strength to do anything. Could it be? Could this be?
 
I was floating through darkness. `Where am I?' I wondered. That thought echoed throughout the void that I was floating in, that darkness was more than just darkness, it was devoid of life, light, heat, anything.
 
I was just floating, cold, cold and confused. Suddenly small pinpricks of light began to appear around me like stars but pure white not different colors like real stars. More began to appear until I was surrounded with light then I closed my eyes because it was too bright. As soon as I did I felt gravity pull down on me, heat all around me, and something on my stomach and my forehead.
 
I opened my eyes to see a bright sealing and boy standing beside me, his hands on my stomach and forehead, his eyes were shut as if he was concentrating. I shifted a little to get his attention. His eyes shot open and he looked at my face. Then he moved his hands off my body. He had a jumpsuit on like the one my father wore the last time I saw him but this boy also had a helmet that seemed to merge with the suit
 
“So you're awake.” He smiled, “That's good.”
 
“Where am I?” I asked the boy.
 
“You're in a hospital. You've been in a coma for the last week.” He answered.
 
“Where's Oliver? He would be here if he could be.” I asked looking around.
 
“So you don't remember, that could be a good thing.” He said.
 
“I don't remember what?” I demanded.
 
“Oliver was shot, and died instantly. I'm sorry.” He replied.
 
I felt tears in my eyes; somehow, I knew he was telling the truth. I started to cry, grabbing the only thing nearby to grab, the boy, I bawled into his chest. He had been surprised the instant I did it but he seemed to understand what I was feeling after a moment as if he had lost a good friend in his life. I cried into his chest for the next two minutes he just sat next to me letting me cry my heart out. Then when I stopped crying he looked at me.
 
“The path to happiness is a most long and difficult journey.” He said in a voice that could make anyone laugh.
 
”Thanks I needed that.” I half sniffled half laughed.
 
He smiled and asked, “Do you think you can stand?”
 
I pushed my self so my legs were at the side of the bed, “They feel a little weird but I think I can.” I stood up. For a split-second I was standing, then, my legs gave way and I fell.
 
The boy caught me when I was almost half way to the ground. I started to cry again. He helped me stand by putting his arm under my arms and my arm over his shoulders. “I was afraid of this.”
 
“Afraid of what?”
 
“That my way of waking you could wipe some of your rudimentary skills, like walking.” He looked into my eyes his eyes were sky blue.
 
“So I'll have to relearn how to walk.”
 
“Yes, but I'll be helping you. I promised your uncle that I would keep an eye on you.” He said.
 
The boy helped me back into the bed, “Thanks.” Then I realized I didn't know his name, “What's your name?”
 
 
Point Of View Change to Orion
 
“What's your name?” She asked.
 
“My name is Orion.”
 
The door opened and Dr Hikari walked in, “Orion I have the program you asked for,” he held a PET compatible chip, “but I modified it a little.”
 
“I'll be glad to use whatever you give me Dr.”
 
He walked forward and handed me the chip. He saw Emerald was awake, “well it's good to see your finally awake.”
 
Emerald was silent.
 
“Emerald this is Dr. Hikari.”
 
“Hello.” Was all she said.
 
I felt the chip vibrate. “Upload Guise Program.” I whispered. The chip transferred the data into my Navi half and began to rewrite the image data. The modification was as follows; over the next few hours, my body would begin to look like a mix between my original body and Netto's, instead of making me look like my old self instantly.
 
“Emerald please get some rest, Orion and myself have some things to do we'll be back in two hours.” Dr Hikari said. He then proceeded to lead me out of the room by my neck. Once we were outside the room he looked at me with a stern look, “You pushed her body into Gamma Style didn't you.”
 
“Yes but I cloaked it under enough psychometric barriers that it's nearly impossible that she'll ever…”
 
Dr. Hikari cut me off, “What Navi did you base her style off of?”
 
“Roll, her data structure is the only one that's compatible with Emeralds atomic structure.”
 
“Why did you do it?' He asked in an annoyed tone
 
“Because her neural system was shutting down. And because I…” I looked away from Dr. Hikari.
 
There was a moment of silence between the two of us.
 
“Oh…” he smiled, “your in love with her, aren't you?”
 
There was another moment of silence.
 
“Yes,” I said weakly.
 
He began to talk to me, “Now I have a few pieces of advice for you about the opposite sex so listen closely O.K.” we walked out of the hallway and then out of the building while he gave me advice.
 
Over the next three weeks, I helped Emerald learn to walk again. I almost never left her side as the recovery went on. I worried and she pulled through, she made friends with everyone that came to visit Netto as he recovered. The girls often kicked me out of the room to talk to Emerald once or twice. After a while, Meru learned that Emerald wouldn't have a place to stay after she left the hospital so she arranged with her parents to have Emerald stay at her place.