MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Death Path ❯ The Old Man ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
4: The Old man

Disclaimer: I do not own Megaman, or Shaman King.

Mabi woke up and sat up quickly. She rubbed her eyes and saw Raven at the bank of the creek. He was staring at the airfield, watching the group from a distance. She stood up and went over to him.
“ Raven?” Mabi asked softly. Raven turned around and smiled.
“ Heh, it’s looks like my little sleeping beauty finally woke up.” Raven sweetly said as he turned and stood in front of Mabi.
“ You said you needed to talk to me. What’s the problem?” Mabi asked pulling her overcoat back on.
“ Oh, yeah, you didn’t tell anyone about ‘us’ right?” Raven asked.
“ Nope.” Mabi said smiling sweetly, “ I just told them that we were Boyfriend and girlfriend.”
Raven sighed in relief and saw that Mabi still had her white gloves on. He took her hands and removed the gloves.
“ Oh! Sorry about that!” Mabi apologized as she blushed furiously.
Raven just smiled again, “ it’ s okay Mabi,” Raven said as slipped the gloves off and reveled a ring of gold with a shining green emerald, “ Remember this Mabi? When you promised to stay with me forever?” Raven asked as he pulled Mabi into a hug.
“ Yeah, I do, but,” Mabi said down with Raven and rested on his shoulder, “ When are we going to tell Enzan, Laika, and Hiro?”
“ Soon,” Raven kissed Mabi on the cheek, “ after they start to trust me.”
Soon after, Mabi fell asleep.

< . / / . >

Yoh ran over to Laika and took his pulse. Lan look bizarrely at Laika while dodging Hiro’s punches.
“ Hey! Your Hiro! Laika’s brother!” Lan gasped as he dodged Hiro’s punches.
“ That’s right!” Hiro said as he punched Lan in the arm, “ and you should never kick Laika in the stomach..” Hiro stopped throwing punches and ran over to the unconscious Laika and looked over at the crushed pistol.
“ Why is it that when Laika gets hurt, it’s so painful?” Lan asked as he picked up the pistol and put it back together.
Hiro stared at him coldly, “ partly because of the beating he received trying to take on Yamatoman and… he…”
“ Hiro…?” Lan asked softly.
“ …” Hiro looked up and looked back down at Laika, “ …He got shot so many times… it never healed.”

< . / / . >

Suddenly a sharp pain went through Mabi’s head. She stood up quickly and held her head.
“ Laika’s hurt…” Mabi gasped suddenly, “ we have to-”
“ Shh..” Raven put his finger on her lips, “ I already know… hang on.”
Mabi wrapped herself around Raven and held tight. Suddenly black raven - like wings sprouted out of Raven’s back. He took off and flew to the airfield.

< . / / . >

“ Uh, Lan? You might want to come here.” Yoh called as he took Laika’s pulse again.
“ Is he okay?” Lan muttered, “ I … I didn’t mean to…”
Hiro took Lan by the arm and pulled by a large crate away from the Sharo plane and officers.
“ Lan…” Hiro started with his face staring at the ground, “ You… killed him… because of the stomach kick.”
Lan shook his head, “ No… I-I couldn’t there’s no way…” He backed up into Raven and saw a shocked expression on Mabi’s face.
“ Mabi, I- I”
“ No… this can’t happen… not again… no… not again.” Mabi muttered softy. She fell to the ground and sobbed.
Raven stood in front of them both and motioned Enzan to take Mabi home. Enzan nodded and led Mabi into the plane to take her back to Sharo.

< . / / . >

Hiro just stood there looking at Laika’s body.
Yoh jumped out of the way so that the officers could take Laika and put him in a body bag to be shipped home.
Officers came behind Lan and arrested him.
“ Hey what’s the deal! Why am I being arrested?!” Lan yelled as he tried to get free.
Raven got the officials away by spreading out his raven - like wings.
“ Holy shit you’re… you’re a… half demon.” Lan said finally getting free from hand - cuffs.
“ Yes, I am a half demon. So what’s the big ordeal… Mabi is too.” Raven said looking at Yoh and Amidimaru, “ So… a shaman has befriended a demon…. That goes against the code… doesn’t it?”
Yoh looked at Raven, “ I live by that code, and I have never seen Mabi as a demon… so I’ll have to deal with you.” Yoh said as he pulled out a wooden sword, “ I will destroy you.”
“ Heh, a puny boy like you can’t defeat me. Not like that.” Raven said as he pulled out a black spear with golden engravings.
“ Yeah, not like this.” Yoh said as Amidimaru changed into a spirit flame, “ but I can… like this! Amidimaru! Integrate!”
Suddenly he pushed the spirit into his chest. Yoh’s hair pushed up and his eyes became ones of Amidimaru.
“ Heh, very impressive, but” Raven ready his spear, “ does it actually work?”
Yoh jumped up and shouted an attack, “ Take this demon! Amida - ryu Halo Blade!” he shouted
Raven spun his spear around. He blocked it easily and took the bottom end and shoved it into Yoh’s stomach.
His eyes grew wide and he fell to the ground.
“ I win… that was way to easy… for a guy that wants to be shaman king… I suggest you still train a lot.” Raven said as he walked away.

< . / / . >

Raven sat in his room and worked on the computer, “ Mabi hasn’t left Sharo in days…” Raven said as he opened an e - mail. “ Enzan’s gone… now Laika… wait…” Raven stood up suddenly, “ They were Net - savers!” Raven ran out of his house, “ who would be next…”
Raven stopped.
“ … Lan…”

< . / / . >

Mabi sat in her room curled up in a corner. She sat there day and night, not saying a word. Her eyes were open, but lifeless. She then had a coughing fit and still sat there.
Suddenly the door to her room opened. Mabi looked up from her loomed position. She saw a old man about 69 - years old with a blue and gold kimono on and a yin - yang on the chest.
He took out a gun and placed it on Mabi’s head. She just stared at him with her ghastly eyes.
“ Your needed for our collection.”

< . / / . >

Raven stopped again, “ Damn! Hoe could I be so stupid… they were both consider family of…”
Raven looked over the horizon to Sharo. His black wings sprouted out of his back.
“ Mabi…. Oh my god! She’s next!” He said as he flew as fast as he could to Sharo.

< . / / . >

Mabi just sat there. The old man snickered.
“ The Taos will be corpse herders once again!” He yelled hysterically.
Suddenly Raven brusted into the room. He saw the gun being pointed at Mabi and became furious.
“ Leave… Her… Alone.” He demanded sternly.
“Ah, it seems the lover has come to rescue his thing dearest.” the old man said.
“ Shut it bastard! Leave Mabi alone!”
“ alright, but she’ll receive the same fate of Laika and Enzan soon… Thanks to me… and HBD.” The man pulled out a knife that trickled blood. He jammed the knife into Mabi’s stomach.
Her eyes widen and she fell to the ground holding her body. She started to bleed severely.
The old man disappeared and Raven went over to Mabi and tried to clean the wound as best he could.
Mabi gasped for air as she held on to Raven’s jacket, “ Rave…Raven…where’s Enzan… and Laika…”
Raven placed his hand on Mabi’s head.
“ Shh…”
Then Mabi fell asleep and made sure she was close to Raven.
“ … Mabi …” Raven muttered.

< . / / . >