MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Mega Man Knights ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mega Man Knights
 
A Megaman AU (Alternate Universe) Fanfiction. By Persona.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Megaman, nor any other character related to the Megaman video game series. CAPCOM does. I'm borrowing them just for fun purposes and not to gain any money. So please don't sue me.
 
AU disclaimer: This is an AU fic. Meaning that I'll be using the same characters, but to tell a completely different story in a completely new environment that has nothing to do with the original Megaman universe.
 
Things between this ( ) represents thought.
 
Okay, with all that cleared up. Let's begin the story.
 
=====================================================
 
Chapter 2
 
=====================================================
 
 
In the dark mountains of the west of Kapkom, a gigantic castle made of black rocks stood high and mighty on the highest peak. The front of the castle was carved so it looked like a skull.
 
It was the castle of the dark wizard, Wily.
 
In the castle's main room, the evil wizard was sitting on his throne, as his soldiers that had returned from the raid on the Cossacks' castle were bowing in front of him, giving him their report.
 
"So, even if some of our troops were beaten, we managed to kill the Czar, Cossacks the Great." the soldier in front told Wily.
 
"Excellent, but what happened to Princess Kalinka." asked the evil wizard.
 
The soldiers there suddenly looked very worried, "Well, about her, you see, we… hum… she…"
 
"TALK! What happened with Princess Kalinka! Is she dead too?" asked Wily again, his voice as loud as thunder, scaring the soldiers.
 
"No… she's alive. She managed to escape…" said the scared soldier.
 
"What!? How is it possible that a simple teenage girl was able to escape from there when a whole squadron of knights with magical armors where there!" asked Wily standing up, his anger clear in his voice. "She's the only daughter of the Czar! A heir to the throne of the Cossacks' kingdom! If she lives, then I cannot take control of the Cossacks' kingdom as emperor! What happened!?"
 
"Prince Blue, of the Light kingdom, he was there. He actually managed to kill Generals Metalman, Hardman and Frostman before escaping with the princess!" replied the soldier.
 
At hearing this, Wily began to calm down and sat back down on his throne. "Prince Blue you say, huh? The bearer of the Proto Armor."
 
"Yes, my lord." replied the soldier.
 
"Well, not all is lost then. He will surely take her to the Light Kingdom, so we know where she will be hiding." Wily thought for a few minutes, which seemed like an eternity for the foot soldiers present there, finally Wily looked up at them and said, "Dismissed."
 
All the foot soldiers there stood up, and saluted Wily before walking out of the huge throne room.
 
"Shadowman, come here." said Wily seemingly to nobody.
 
From the shadows of the throne room, where the torches light didn't reach, a figure emerged. "Shadowman, bearer of the Shadow Armor, at your service, Lord Wily." he said.
Shadowman was dressed in what could be called a combination of full body armor and a ninja garb from the far lands of the east. He had a katana sword attached to the belt of his armor-ninja suit, and a big metal star was attached to the front of his hood-helmet. A small metal mask covered his mouth and nose, so only his eyes were visible on his face.
 
"You heard what happened, Shadowman?" asked Wily as Shadowman stepped closer to the throne where Wily was sitting.
 
"Yes I did, my lord. Do you want me to do something about it?" Shadowman asked, an evil glint could be seen in his eyes as he asked this.
 
"Yes," replied Wily, "I want you to go to the Light Kingdom, infiltrate the royal castle, and kill Princess Kalinka Cossacks when the opportunity arrives."
 
Since he had a mask, nobody was able to see the evil smile on his face as he replied, "It will be my pleasure." With that, Shadowman stepped back into the shadows where he once came.
 
"You should have sent me, Lord Wily." said a voice from one side of the throne room after Shadowman was gone.
 
"Why is that, Bass?" replied Wily with a superior smile.
 
Bass stepped in front of Wily's throne. Unlike the rest of Wily's servants, Bass did not bow in Wily's presence.
Bass, or he Black Knight as some called him, was the Supreme Commander of all of Wily's armies, and he was the most feared warrior in all of Kapkom.
Bass was the bearer of the Black Armor, which he was wearing right now. Like its name said, Bass armor's was completely black, with some golden motives that highlighted his legs, arms, shoulders and chest plate. His helmet was also completely black, except for two gold fins at its sides. He had his sword in its black leather sheath, which was attached to his armor's belt.
Besides Bass walked a huge and furry mountain wolf. The wolf was Treble, Bass' personal pet. Bass had found the wolf when it was just a cub, it was alone and hungry and it had lost its parents. Bass had taken care of Treble since then, and the wolf obeyed all of his orders without question.
 
"I am your best warrior, and this would be the perfect opportunity to destroy the Light Kingdom, and conquer all of Kapkom once and for all!" replied the Black Knight.
 
Wily smiled, "Patience Bass, patience. Your time will come when you shall lead my troops to victory, but not yet."
 
Bass reluctantly accepted this, and walked away. He really didn't care about attacking or conquering the Light kingdom, or Kapkom for that matter. All he wanted was to fight against the only warrior in the world whose skills as a fighter rivaled his own; Prince Rock Light, bearer of the might Mega Armor.
Bass knew that it was his destiny to fight and beat Prince Rock, and when he did, he would become the strongest warrior in all of Kapkom!
 
===================================
 
The soldier at the top of the watchtower at the gates of the Light castle was watching closely the horizon.
 
"Huh? What's that?" said the guard to himself as he spotted something approaching from the horizon. Taking out his spyglass, the soldier used it to look who, or what, was coming.
 
It was Prince Blues, wearing his magical Proto Armor, and Princess Kalinka of the Cossacks kingdom. The two of them were riding on a horse, Princess Kalinka was riding behind Princes Blues, with her arms around his torso. Her head was resting on Blues' shoulders and her eyes were closed, it looked like she was sleeping. The princess pet bird, Beat, was also sleeping, posed on Kalinka's shoulder.
On his part, Blues had his face looking forward, but it was hard to tell how he was since he had his armor's shades down, so it was impossible to look at his eyes.
 
"Prince Blues is coming! Open the gates!" yelled the soldier on the watchtower to the soldiers standing guard below him, guarding the big wooden gates of the castle.
 
Hearing the soldier on the watchtower, the soldiers next to the gates hurried to get the door open, while another ran inside to inform of Blues and Kalinka's arrival.
 
 
On the distance, Blues saw how the gates of the castle were opening. So he guessed that the guards had seen them coming.
"Kalinka, we are here." said Blues gently to Kalinka.
 
Kalinka slowly stirred and looked up at Blues, "Oh, sorry. Did I sleep for too long?"
 
Blues smiled, "Don't worry about it, it's okay. You were tired."
 
Kalinka smiled and kissed his cheek.
 
Blues thought about the trip here. After they had managed to escape Wily's troops that were still inside of Cossacks' castle, Kalinka had cried silently the whole way. As she saw the palace that had once been her home overrun by cries of pain of soldiers and the warriors at the orders of the evil wizard Wily killing everything in sight, then remembering how her father had been killed… it was just too much for the poor girl. Finally, Kalinka had succumbed tiredly to sleep. And slept the rest of the way while Blues kept alert.
 
As they approached the castle, the gates opened and Blues and Kalinka entered the palace grounds.
As Blues got off the horse, and helped Kalinka to get off too, he saw how his younger brother and sister, Prince Rock and Princess Roll, come out of the castle to receive them.
 
Both of them had come to greet their brother, and in Roll's case Kalinka too, since Roll and Kalinka had been friends for a long time now. Roll was Rock's twin sister, and she was considered the most beautiful princess in the history of the Light Kingdom. She had deep blue eyes and long golden hair that she tied back in a ponytail with a red ribbon, which matched the rest of her royal dress.
Princess Roll was being followed by her pet, a green furred cat named Tango.
 
Even if Rock was younger than Blues, and so was second in line of the throne of the Light Kingdom, he was still probably the mightiest warrior in all of Kapkom. His skill with a sword was second to none, being able to defeat the most experienced soldiers of the castle with ease, even if he was just in his teens. This is why he was also known as Megaman, the bearer of the mighty Mega Armor.
Rock was wearing his normal royal clothes, and was being followed by his pet; a red furred dog named Rush. Rock had been taking care of Rush his whole life, and the red dog loved his master, and showed it with his unconditional loyalty.
 
Rock was surprised about his brother's visit. Mostly because it was unexpected, but because he came with the princess of the Cossacks' kingdom, Kalinka. Not only that, but they weren't being accompanied by a royal escort, which was VERY unusual.
 
Blues took off his helmet, and Rock was surprised to see his face without his shades shielding his eyes. Blues' looked tired, like if he had been riding the horse nonstop for an entire day. Now he was beginning to get worried.
Roll noticed that Kalinka didn't look too well either. She was worried too.
 
"Brother? What's going on?" asked Rock as he and Roll approached Blues and Kalinka.
 
"It would take too long to explain." replied Blues, "Sister, could you please take Princess Kalinka to your room room? She needs to get cleaned up. Make sure she gets some breakfast too."
 
Roll nodded and walked next to Kalinka. "Come on Kalinka, you look tired." said Roll as she led Kalinka by her hand into the castle.
"Thank you Roll." said Kalinka with a tired voice.
The two teenage girls were being followed by their respective pets, Beat and Tango.
 
Once that Roll and Kalinka were inside the castle, Rock turned to look at Blues once again. "Blues, Brother, what happened? You look pretty tired yourself."
 
"I'm fine." replied Blues, dismissing Rock's comment, "But I need to talk with our Father, it's urgent." Blues started to walk into the castle, "Please come Brother, you need to know about this too."
 
Rock couldn't be more confused, or more worried. He really wanted to know what was happening. He started to follow Blues. "Brother, please tell me what happened."
 
"It was Wily's army of destruction," replied Blues, without turning to look at Rock, "They attacked the Cossacks' kingdom, and killed everyone in the castle, including the Czar. Kalinka and I barely escaped with our lives."
 
As he heard Blues' words, Rock was frozen on the spot, he couldn't believe his own ears.
 
***************************
 
Meanwhile, far away from the Light castle, atop one of the many trees that formed the forest that surrounded the castle's walls.
 
Shadowman was hiding in the shadows of the forest. He was using a pair of small binoculars to spy inside the castle grounds. He saw how Princess Roll entered the castle with Princess Kalinka.
 
Shadowman smiled, an evil glint in his eyes. He would wait for the right moment, and then he would kill Kalinka!
 
Shadowman jumped off the tree and ran as silently as possible towards the castle.
 
***********************
 
To be continued…
 
Enemy character featured in this chapter: Shadowman, from Megaman 3.
 
Persona.