MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Mega Man Knights ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mega Man Knights
A Megaman AU (Alternate Universe) Fanfiction. By Persona (persona@elmantis.com.ar)

Disclaimer: I do not own Megaman, nor any other character related to the Megaman video game series. CAPCOM does. I'm borrowing them just for fun purposes and not to gain any money. So please don't sue me.

AU disclaimer: This is an AU fic. Meaning that I'll be using the same characters, but to tell a completely different story in a completely new environment that has nothing to do with the original Megaman universe.

Things between this ( ) represents thought.

Okay, with all that cleared up. Let's begin the story.


--------------------------

Chapter IV

-------------------------

Kalinka and Roll were in Roll's room.

Just like her brother had asked, Roll had taken Kalinka to her room. Once there, Kalinka took a bath in Roll's personal bathroom, when she was done, Kalinka found one of Roll's royal dresses for her to wear since the one she had been wearing was ruined from the long trek.

After she finished dressing, Kalinka found that Roll was waiting for her to eat breakfast, which had been served for them at a table in the middle of Roll's room.

The two sat down to eat breakfast, while their pets, Beat and Tango, slept peacefully at the side of the bed.

"Are you feeling better now?" asked Roll as she sipped a little of her green tea.

Kalinka nodded lightly, "Yes, thank you." she replied.

Roll didn't know what had happened, but she guessed that it had been something bad. She had never seen Kalinka this depressed.
Finally, she couldn't take it anymore, she just had to ask, she had to see if she could help her friend.

"Kalinka, could... could you tell me what happened? Why did you and my older brother come to the castle alone?" asked Roll, worried about her friend, and worried about the answer that she might give her.

Kalinka didn't answer, instead, her eyes started to get wet with tears. She couldn't hold them back as they started flowing down her cheeks. Kalinka started to weep openly as she placed her hands on her face.

A worried Roll stood up and walked over to Kalinka, she bent down to hug her friend in a comforting manner. "Oh, Kalinka, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked... I just..."

"It's all gone Roll, I'm all alone," Kalinka interrupted her.

Roll looked at her friend, a little confused, "Huh? What do you mean Kalinka?"

"The army of the dark wizard Wily attacked the capital of Cossacks Kingdom last night..." explained Kalinka, between sobs, "They killed everyone, they took the castle by force... I would be dead if it weren't for Blues. My father, they... they... they..." Kalinka couldn't continue, she cried harder instead.

But Roll didn't need to hear more. She hugged Kalinka even harder, and started crying too.
Poor girl, though Roll, to go trough all that. That Wily, why is he doing this? Why does he desire power so much? Won't that madman ever stop?

Roll and Kalinka cried silently for a few more minutes. Finally, Roll broke the silence. "Kalinka, I know that things look very bad for you, and I can only try to guess how you must feel after what happened to your home and your father. But you can't lose hope Kalinka."

Kalinka looked up at Roll's face, she was right! She couldn't lose hope, she was Kalinka Cossacks, heir to the throne of the Cossacks Kingdom! She mustn't let down her people; she mustn't fail her father!

"You're right Roll. Thank you." said Kalinka as she wiped her eyes, and smiled.

Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in, its open." said Roll.

The door opened and in walked Blues.

"Blues!" Kalinka stood up and walked over to Blues, "How did it go?" she asked. Kalinka knew that Blues had called a meeting with the royal knights of the Light Kingdom, since he had talked about it during their trip to the castle.

"Some think that the kingdom should take action against Wily, while others think that it would be best if we don't do anything. The meeting was cancelled and it will continue tomorrow." said Blues, his disappointment was apparent in his voice.

"I see," replied Kalinka, "So, what now?" she asked.

"We can't do anything but wait. They will vote tomorrow." replied Blues.

"But, what if they decide to not do anything?" asked Roll, "Will they just let Wily be? He must be stopped."

"I know sister, but there is nothing we can do." replied Blues.

"Oh, Blues," said Kalinka, hugging him, "What if they decide not to do anything? The army of the Cossacks Kingdom was destroyed, the Light Kingdom is the last hope for me and my people."

"If they decide not to fight, there is still something that can be done." he added, in a low voice.

"Huh? What was that?" asked Roll.

Blues realized that he had said something out loud that he had meant for himself, "Eh? No, nothing." He said nervously.


********************


Later, that night.
The moon was high up in the sky of the Light Kingdom.

Kalinka was inside the official guest room of the castle. She was dressed in her nightgown, looking out the window.

It was late, but she couldn't sleep.
She was worried, worried for the poor people of the Cossacks Kingdom. They must be suffering under the tyrant Wily. As Princess and heir to the throne, it was her duty to help them. But she couldn't do nothing but wait... She felt so helpless.


Blues was in his own room, dressed in his red pajamas.
It was late and he should have been sleeping by now, but he couldn't sleep. He had been thinking about everything that had happened in the last few days. About Wily, about the attacks, about what course of action to take.

Finally, he couldn't take it anymore. He felt that he had to talk to someone before he snapped from nervousness. He exited his room and went to were Kalinka's room was. He guessed that maybe Kalinka couldn't sleep either.


In Kalinka's room, indeed the Princess of the Cossacks Kingdom couldn't sleep. Not knowing what else to do, Kalinka walked over to the dresser table, which had a huge mirror on it, to comb her hair. Sometimes, doing her hair relaxed her a little.

Kalinka sat down and grabbed her hairbrush from the dresser. She looked herself in the mirror, and suddenly noticed something.
There was someone behind her!

Kalinka turned around just in time to see a ninja dart coming at her. She ducked and the dart passed right over her head, impaling itself in the mirror, creating big cracks all over it.

Kalinka looked up from her crouching position on the floor, to see Shadowman approaching her. His steps were completely silent, and he was holding many ninja darts on both his hands.

"Damn, I missed." said Shadowman, "But I won't miss again." He added.

Kalinka screamed.


At the hallways, Blues was just about to knock on Kalinka's bedroom door, when he heard Kalinka's cream of terror.

"Kalinka!" Blues tried to open the door. It was locked, so he had to tackle it open with his shoulder. The door's lock broke, and Blues crashed into the room.

Kalinka and Shadowman both turned their heads towards the door when Blues rushed inside. Kalinka was more than glad to see him, while Shadowman was cursing under his breath.

"You! You are one of Wily's henchmen!" said Blues as he saw Shadowman.

"How clever, now die!" Shadowman threw some of his darts at Blues, but the young prince grabbed a nearby wooden chair to shield himself with.

"Kalinka run!" said Blues, as he threw the wooden chair at Shadowman. Shadowman grabbed his katana, and slashed at the wooden chair, cutting it in two.

Kalinka took that oportunity to run away. Shadowman tried to pursue her, but Blues tackled Shadowman to the ground.

"I won't let you hurt her!" yelled Blues as he held Shadowman down as best he could.

"Damn you! Let me go!" Shadowman was using his magic armor, while Blues wasn't. With that advantage, Shadowman threw Blues away from him with a kick, then threw a ninja dart at the prince's head.

As a reflex, Blues shielded himself with his arm. Causing the ninja dart to pierce his arm's skin deeply. "Argh!" Blues yelled in pain, grabbing his injured arm.

"And now, I'll kill princess Kalinka!" said Shadowman as he ran out of the room, Katana in one hand, ninja darts on the other.

"No! Stop!" Blues got up to follow him, his arm hurt a lot, but he ignored it. He had to protect Kalinka!


Shadowman saw how princess Kalinka ran trough the castle's halls, and ran after her. Shadowman saw her turn a corner, and followed her soon after.
Then he came to a complete stop.

"Where do you think you're going?" asked Prince Rock.

When Shadowman turned the corner, he saw that Kalinka wasn't alone anymore. Prince Rock, Princess Roll, and Rock's dog, Rush, were with her.

Kalinka and Roll were standing behind Rush, he dog had his teeth bared, and was growling at Shadowman. The dog looked determined to protect Roll and Kalinka.

Rock was wearing his Mega Armor. He was holding his energy sword in a defensive manner, standing between Shadowman and the others.

"Out of my way! I only want to kill Kalinka!" said Shadowman.

"You'll have to go over me first!" replied Rock.

Shadowman smiled evilly, "Wish granted! AAAHHH!" Holding his katana in a firm grip, Shadowman ran at Rock.

SLASH!

Rock was able to stop Shadowman's sword slash with his own energy sword. As soon as he did so, the magic abilities of the Mega Armor activated, adapting itself to Shadowman's Shadow Armor.

Rock's Mega Armor changed color, from blue to purple. The energy sword change shape too, from broadsword blade it changed to a katana style blade. Also, a round shield formed over Rock's other arm.

Shadowman was surprised at the change. He have heard of Prince Rock's armor, but hadn't seen it with his own eyes till now. The medieval ninja jumped back and away from Rock, throwing some ninja darts at him.

Rock raised his arm that was holding the shield, and the darts bounced away easily.

"We got you surrounded now!" came Blues' voice from behind Shadowman.

Shadowman turned around, and saw how Prince Blues was standing there. His arm was still bleeding, but he was holding his sword. Behind them were a dozen castle guards, all with their weapons ready to fight the intruder.

Shadowman, seeing himself outnumbered, did the only thing he could do. He jumped out of a nearby window, and ran away into the darkness of the night.

Rock and some of the castle guards went over to the window to see.

"Do you want us to send a search party to find him?" asked one of the guards to Prince Rock.

Rock shook his head, "No, he has an advantage if he's surrounded by shadows. We'll never find him now." He said as his Mega Armor turned back to its normal blue once again.

Blues walked over to Kalinka. "Kalinka, are you okay?"

"Yes Blues, I'm fine." replied Kalinka.

"I'm glad to hear that, hug!" Blues dropped his sword and grabbed his bleeding arm.

"Oh, Blues, you're bleeding!" said Kalinka, as she knelt down to look at his wound.

"Don't worry, I'm okay." replied Blues.

"No, you're not. Here, let's get that wound treated." Said Kalinka as she helped Blues walk back to his room, so she could treat his wound. "It's the least I can do after what you did for me."

"I don't care if I got hurt, as long as you are okay Kalinka." Said Blues to the princess of Cossacks kingdom.

Kalinka blushed. "Oh Blues."


*****************************


The next day.

The knights were again in the meeting room, ready to discuss a course of action. This time, Roll and Kalinka were present there too, as spectators. They couldn't participate since they weren't knights, but they could watch.

Roll was there mostly to give her friend Kalinka some moral support. Kalinka was really nervous, this meeting would decide the future of her homeland and her people.

Rock and Blues had been there before everyone else. Both of them wearing their respective armors of course, except for Blues who had one of his arms bandaged, but wearing the rest of the Proto Armor.

Soon, the rest of the knights entered the room and took their respective seats at the round table. Finally, when King Light took his seat, the meeting was able to start.

"Today, we will decide if the Light Kingdom would declare war over the tyrant Wily." Said king Light, addressing the rest of the table, "does anyone want to say something before we vote?" asked the king.

"I do." Said Blues, and stood up to talk to the rest of the knights. "Last night, one of Wily's assassins was able to enter the castle. He tried to kill Princess Kalinka, and injured me before he escaped." He said this as he showed his bandaged arm, "Even if he was unsuccessful to kill Princess Kalinka, the fact that he entered the Light Castle still remains. With this, Wily is telling us that he doesn't care if we are neutral or not in this matter, he will attack us as soon as he finished attacking everyone else."

As he finished, Blues sat down again.

"Anyone else?" asked King Light.

"Yes, me." Said Cutman, he stood up to talk.

"What Prince Blues said is true. An assassin did come in the castle. However, according to the castle guards that saw him, he was only interested in killing Princess Kalinka. Her and only her. He wouldn't have had to come to the Light Castle if Prince Blues hadn't brought her here in the first place. The Light Kingdom is neutral, and should stay neutral." Having finished, Cutman sat down again.

Blues gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. But remained quiet, not wanting to repeat what happened the day before.

"Anyone else?" asked the king, but nobody answered. "Okay then, we shall vote. Prepare the voting room." He ordered to one of the guards there, who immediately obeyed.

The voting of the Knight Council was done in a secret way. Every knight would form outside a specially designed voting room next to the meeting room. The voting room had no windows, and the only way in and out was a singe door. The only furniture inside was a plain wooden table. Over the table were a small pile of little pieces of paper, and a pencil. The knight would enter the room alone, the door would lock behind him, then he would write down his vote on the piece of paper, using a special writing meant for this occasions so nobody would know who voted for what by recognizing the handwriting.
Once the vote was written, the knight would place the folded piece of paper inside a voting box made of solid metal trough a thin slot, and locked closed with a padlock.
When he was done, the knight would knock on the door three times, to signal that he had finished voting. The door then was opened and the knight walked out, so the next knight could vote.
During the voting process, the room had to be completely in silence, nobody was allowed to talk.
When the voting was done, the box would be taken out of the voting room, opened, and the votes would be counted by the king in front of everyone so as to ensure that everyone knew that there was no fraud.

First went the king, then Blues, then Rock, then the knights.

One by one, Kalinka and Roll watched silently how every knight entered the voting room. She was praying silently that the Light kingdom would help her and her people. They were her only hope.
Roll could do nothing but stay next to Kalinka, giving her hand a supportive squeeze.

Finally, everyone had voted. King Light, Prince Blues, Prince Rock, Bombman, Gutsman, Cutman, Elecman, Iceman and Fireman took their seats as a guard took the metal vote box from the voting room, and gave the key to King Light.

"I will now count the votes." The king unlocked the box, and grabbed the first piece of paper inside it. He unfolded it and read it out loud, "The first vote is to declare war on Wily." He showed the paper to everyone so they could see that he had read the vote correctly.

One by one, the king grabbed a paper and read it. After eight papers, the votes were tied four to four.

King Light reached inside to grab the ninth, and last, paper. "This vote will decide it." Said King Light. He unfolded the paper, and read it. "The last vote is... To remain neutral."

At hearing this, Kalinka started to cry, she leaned in on Roll, crying on her shoulder. Roll could do nothing for her, she just closed her eyes and hugged her, trying to calm her.

Blues closed his eyes too, and bowed his head down. There was nothing else he could do. He couldn't even look at Kalinka after having failed her like that.

Rock looked at his brother, and closed his eyes too. He knew what this meant.

King Light showed the last paper to everyone, so they could confirm that indeed the last vote was read correctly. Now that the voting was finished, he stood up to announce the results.

"The votes have been counted. The Light Kingdom shall remain neutral." He said to the rest, his voice showed no emotion whatsoever, but everyone knew that he didn't like this outcome. "Since we are to stay neutral, Princess Kalinka Cossacks shall be returned to her homeland."

Blues couldn't take it anymore, "No! You can't do that! They'll kill her!" he yelled.

"I am sorry my son. But the law of the kingdom has to be followed." Said the king to Blues, "Princess Kalinka will be taken away from the Light Kingdom right away." He added.

"No! I won't allow it!" said Blues, he stood up and walked towards Kalinka, standing in front of her in a protective manner.

"Blues, I know how you feel, but if you don't allow the guards to take the Princess out of the palace grounds, then you'll be arrested." explained the king.

"I don't care, I won't let Kalinka get hurt!" said Blues.

But then, Kalinka stepped in front of Blues. "It's okay Blues. Maybe if I go, Wily the wizard will spare my people from suffering."

"But, he'll kill you!" said Blues.

"I know Blues. But it's the way things got to be." Replied Kalinka, and started to walk towards the palace guards that would take her away.

"No! There is one way!" Said Blues, grabbing Kalinka's hand to stop her. Blues turned Kalinka so she would be facing him, then knelt on one leg while still holding Kalinka's hand.
"Kalinka, will you marry me?" said Blues.

Everyone was completely surprised by this.
And everyone knew what it meant.
If Blues married Kalinka, then he will unite the crowns of the two kingdoms! The Light Kingdom couldn't remain neutral anymore, because the Cossacks Kingdom would be part of it!

"Wait! He can't do that!" yelled Cutman.

"Actually, he can." Replied Rock with a knowing smile. "As long as Kalinka accepts, that is."

Kalinka was able to snap out of her surprised stupor. She looked down at Blues and nodded, "Yes Blues, I will marry you."

"It is settled then!" said Rock.

"Seeing this new turn of events. I declare now that Prince Blues Light and Princess Kalinka Cossacks shall get married tomorrow." Said the king.

"Wait a minute!" it was Cutman, " The Light Kingdom is still neutral until the Prince and the Princess are married. Which means that Kalinka cannot stay here."

Blues stood up. "Why you..."

"I'm afraid he is right Blues," said King Light, "however, the wedding can still take place if it is done outside of the kingdom's borders."

Blues nodded, "Okay fine. Kalinka and me will get married tomorrow, outside of the kingdom's borders."


*********************************


Later, that same day.


The small room was completely dark, except for a clear crystal ball that seemed to glow eerily.

A figure walked over to the crystal ball, its face couldn't be seen because the room was so dark.
"Lord Wily, I have something to report."

The crystal ball glowed more brightly, and then the face of the evil wizard Wily could be seen in it. "Oh, it's you. What happened?"

"I have bad news my Lord. It was decided that the Light Kingdom would remain neutral, but Prince Blues unexpectedly asked Princess Kalinka to marry him." Said the dark figure.

"Damn it, a smart move by the boy!" he said as he slammed his hand down on his dark throne. "There is no other way then, I'll have to attack the Light Kingdom." replied Wily.

"Actually, my Lord, there is one way." Said the dark figure, "the wedding will be held outside of the Light Kingdom."

Wily smiled evilly at hearing this, "Perfect. Well then, it seems that I'll have to crash that wedding. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

*************************

To be continued...

Persona.