MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Mega Man Knights ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mega Man Knights
A Megaman AU (Alternate Universe) Fanfiction. By Persona

Disclaimer: I do not own Megaman, nor any other character related to the Megaman video game series. CAPCOM does. I'm borrowing them just for fun purposes and not to gain any money. So please don't sue me.

AU disclaimer: This is an AU fic. Meaning that I'll be using the same characters, but to tell a completely different story in a completely new environment that has nothing to do with the original Megaman universe.


Okay, with all that cleared up. Let's begin the story.





Chapter V

-----------------------------


It had been decided for Kalinka and Blues to get married, therefore uniting the crowns of their two kingdoms.
However, the wedding had to take place outside of the Light Knigdom.

That was why two carriages were cruising through the forest that was the frontier of the Light Kingdom. Their only escort were two Light Kingdom's soldiers riding horses. All of this had to be done in secret.

Nobody knew that Kalinka and Blues were to get married, except for the royal family of the Light Knigdom and the six royal knights of the round table. Not even the drivers of the carriages, nor the soldiers that escorted them knew where they were going.

They were going to a small chapel on the other side of the border. The ceremony had to be small, so only Rock, who was Blues' best man, and Roll, who was Kalinka's bride's maid, would be present at the ceremony.

Once Blues and Kalinka were married, they would return to the Light Kingdom and do the official announcement of the joining of the two kingdoms.

The reason for all this measures and secrecy was simple: If the dark wizard Wily was to find out that Blues and Kalinka were getting married, he would do everything in his power to stop them.

Little did they know that Wily already knew about the wedding. And that two of Wily's magic-armored knights were watching the carriages from afar, hiding in the deep woods, waiting for the moment to strike.

"So, Flashman, do you see them?" asked a rather large knight wearing an armor that seemed to be made out of plants.

"Yes Plantman, I see them." replied Flashman, wearing his white and blue armor. He was holding something that resembled binoculars, but made of iron and leather, and was using this to watch the carriages from afar. "Two carriages, Princess Kalinka and Princess Roll are in one, while Prince Rock and Prince Blues are in the other one. Princess Kalinka is already wearing her wedding dress. It seems that they are going to do the wedding ceremony as soon as they get there." explained Flashman.

"They'll never get there, because I'll stop them first."

Plantman and Flashman turned around to see who had just talked.
Wily's best warrior, Bass The Black Knight, had been the one assigned for this mission. Plantman and Flashman were there only to help him.
Bass had said to the wizard Wily that he needed no help, but Wily had insisted that Plantman and Flashman had to accompany him, and Wily’s word was absolute.

"Hand me those." ordered Bass to Flashman, who gave the medieval binoculars to Bass.

"Hmm…" said Bass as he watched the carriages trough the binoculars, "Taking down those two royal guards will be very easy. But I see that both Blues and Rock are wearing their magical armors. We'll have to ambush them, use the element of surprise in our favor. And most importantly, do it at the right moment."

"And when is that?" asked Plantman.

"Simple," replied Bass, "they have been traveling all day. Sooner or later they have to stop to eat. There is when we'll take them by surprise."

=======================

Bass had been right. Fifteen minutes later, both carriages had stopped at a side of the road, so everyone could eat lunch after a long day of traveling.
Only the royal guards had gotten off their horses. Nobody left their carriages, they had to be ready to go as soon as they finished.

Inside of Blues and Rock's carriage. The two sons of King Light were eating lunch in the carriage.
Rush was with them. Rock's dog was eating his lunch at Rock's feet. Suddenly Rush's ears perked up, and its head followed soon after.

This did not go unnoticed by Rock. "What is it Rush?"

The dog walked over to the carriage's window, and started barking. Rock frowned at seeing this.

"What is Rush doing?" asked Blues to his brother.

"He must be sensing something out there." replied Rock, "I don't like the looks of this. I'm going to go warn the girls to be careful." Rock opened the door of the royal carriage and stepped outside. "Keep your eyes open brother." He said to Blues on his way out.

===========================

At that moment, inside of Roll and Kalinka's carriage.

The princess of the Light Kingdom and the princess of the Cossacks Kingdom were eating lunch in their carriage.
Roll was wearing her peach colored Bridesmaid dress, while Kalinka was dressed in her milky white wedding dress. They had been wearing them since leaving the Light Castle that morning.

The wedding of Blues and Kalinka was very important, but it was also something that had to be done quickly and in secret. By being dressed for the wedding beforehand, they saved precious time.

As they ate, Roll noticed that Kalinka had barely touched her food. In fact, Kalinka had looked depressed all day.
Roll couldn't take it anymore, she had to ask, "Kalinka, is something wrong?"

Kalinka looked up at Roll, who was looking with worry at her, "There… there's nothing wrong, why do you ask?"

Roll shook her head, "Kalinka, you're my friend, I know you. You have been depressed all day. Please, tell me what's the matter."

Kalinka's eyes started to get glassy with tears, and she covered her face with her hands so Roll wouldn't see her cry. "Oh Roll… it's just so wrong. Everything is all wrong… this wedding is all wrong."

"Why do you say that Kalinka?" asked Roll. "Don't you love Blues?"

"That is not the problem Roll. I do love Blues, I love him very much…" replied Kalinka, "It's just that… we're still so young… I wasn't planning on marrying him till we were older."

Roll understood what Kalinka was saying, she hugged her friend offering a shoulder to cry on.

Kalinka continued, crying on Roll's shoulder, "A day that was supposed to be the most special day of my life has been turned into an issue of state. We're going to get married in secret, with only you and Rock as witnesses. My father won't be there to give me away because he died, and I'm not even going to wear the wedding dress that my late mother used at her wedding because it's at the Cossacks Kingdom, which is under the control of Wily."

Kalinka buried her face even deeper on Roll's shoulder, and hugged her friend tighter. "And that isn't even the worst part. I feel like we're marrying for all the wrong reasons. When Blues proposed, it was more to save me and to make the Light Kingdom help the Cossacks Kingdom. And even worse, when I accepted I don't know if I did it because I wanted to marry him, or to save my life and my homeland."

Hearing this, Roll held Kalinka at arms length, Roll's eyes were on the verge of tears. "Don't say that! I understand how you feel about the wedding and everything else, but please, never EVER doubt of my brother's love for you, or your love for him!"

Kalinka blinked in surprise, "Roll… I…"

Roll continued. "My brother loves you, and I'm sure that he feels awful for everything that is happening. I'm sure that he feels the same way that you do about all this. But have no doubt about it, Blues loves you more than anything. He loves you just as much as you love him."

Kalinka smiled, and wiped her tears with her hand. "You're right Roll. I do love Blues, and I know he loves me. I have to be strong."

Then, a knock was heard at the door. Roll opened it, it was Rock.

Rock noticed right away that Roll and Kalinka had been crying. "Is everything okay?" he asked.

Roll nodded, "Yes brother, we're okay now. Why are you here? I thought that we weren't supposed to leave our carriages until we reached the chapel."

"It's just that Rush sensed something wrong about this place. And quite frankly, so do I. I think that something will happen soon." Said Rock to Roll and Kalinka. "Now, if something happens, I want you to…"

=============================

Bass, Plantman and Flashman looked at the parked carriages. The three of them were hiding behind some bushes just a few feet away from them. Plantman's magic armor had the power to control vegetation, which made it much easier to hide.
Just like Bass had said, they had stopped to eat lunch.

Bass noticed that Prince Rock exited his carriage and walked over to the other carriage where Princess Roll and Princess Kalinka were, and said something to them.

They had to strike now. Bass knew that they would not get another chance.

"Okay everyone. Get ready to strike. Flashman, you know what to do." Said Bass the Flashman and Plantman.

Flashman nodded. "Okay, here I go."

=================================

Rock was returning to his carriage after he was finishing talking with Kalinka and Roll. Blues and Rush were waiting for him right outside of the carriage.

"Okay now, everyone surrender!"

Blues, Rock, Rush, and the two royal guards turned their heads when they heard that.
Out of the bushes at the side of the dirt road, a warrior jumped out.
He was wearing a magical blue and white armor! He was one of Wily's magic knights!

"Kalinka! Roll! No matter what happens, stay in the carriage!" yelled Blues as he unsheathed his sword.

Flashman didn't give anyone a moment to react. As Rock and Blues were getting their weapons and armors ready to fight, and the two royal guards were going after him with their swords in hand, Flashman stood in place with his legs slightly spread and his hands opened at the sides of his head. "Take this! Flash attack!"

Just then, Flashman's armor seemed to shine for a second with a blinding flash of white light.

"Argh! My eyes!" "I can't see!" The two royal guards had dropped their swords and were busy rubbing their eyes frantically.

Rock was momentarily blind too. Flashman's attack had been so quick, that Rock's Mega Armor's special power hadn't had enough time to adapt to Flashman's armor and prevent his attack from affecting the prince of the Light Kingdom.
Rush yelped and was on the ground, the flash getting Rock's dog also.

Flashman laughed in triumph, "Ha ha ha! That was too easy. Now I'll just… hugh!"Flashman didn't see how Blues approached him, and stabbed him with his sword.
"Pro… Protoman… how did you escape… my Flash attack?" asked Flashman between gasps.

"It was thanks to the special shades that are fastened to my armor's helmet. It protected my eyes from your attack." Explained Blues to Flashman before the evil magical armored warrior died and slid off Blues' sword.

"Argh!" "Ugh!"

Blues turned around as he heard the pained screams of the two guards. Blues' eyes opened wide behind his shades as he saw how the two royal escorts fell to the ground lifelessly. Each one had half a dozen sharp objects piercing their backs trough their chainmail. A closer inspection revealed that they were… flower petals?

"Die Protoman! ARGH!" Plantman, who was wielding a big whip with sharp looking thorns coming out of it, had jumped out from behind one of the nearby bushes.

But he ended up hitting nothing but dirt, as Blues turned and dodge his attack just in time.

"You're pretty quick. But I'm very strong! ARGH!" Plantman snapped his whip again and again, but Blues was able to dodge it or stop it with his shield every time. However, he could do nothing but stay in the defensive. Plantman's attacks were constant and his whip was very dangerous, Blues had no choice but to dodge his attacks and wait for an opening to counterattack.


Meanwhile, Rock was recovering from Flashman's Flash attack. He blinked a few times, in order to get his eyes to focus. However, the first thing that Rock saw was a warrior wearing a black armor with golden lining in front of him. His sword was sheathed and he had his arms crossed.

"Well, hello there. You're Megaman? Not much to look at. Or should I call you Rock?" said the dark armored warrior.

Prince Rock immediately took his energy sword in his hand and took a defensive stance. "Who are you!?" Rock demanded.

"My enemies call me The Black Knight, but you can call me Bass." Said the black armored knight, unsheathing his own sword.

Rock was surprised at hearing that name. "You're Bass the Black Knight!?"

"Enough talking! Prepare to die Megaman!" Bass dashed towards Megaman, his sword ready to strike.

Rock stopped Bass attack by parrying his sword with his own, and jumping to a side.
Rock then looked at his Mega Armor, and was surprised at seeing no changes.

"Why isn't it working?" said Rock out loud. Usually his armor's magical power of adapting to its enemy worked right away. But now it wasn't doing anything.

"Ha ha ha! My armor was built to counter your Mega Armor. It's power nullifies your power of adapting to me." After explaining this, Bass threw another attack at Rock.

Rock was able to parry his attack, and the next one, and the next one. Rock was famous for being the best fencer in all of Kapkom, but Bass certainly seemed like a good match for him.

However, Bass was getting more and more frustrated. His attacks weren't connecting, and he was doing his best effort! "You're as good as they say you are."

Rock smiled, "You haven't seen the half of it."

Suddenly, and completely by surprise, Rock slid right between Bass' legs. In a second he was standing behind Bass, his energy sword ready to pierce trough the black knight's armor.
Bass was able to turn around, but not fast enough to stop the attack completely. His sword was able to parry Rock's away from his torso, but it ended up piercing trough his shoulder instead.

"Argh!" Bass jumped away from Rock, holding his injured shoulder with his hand, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Damn you! This is not over yet!" Bass sheathed his sword back in its sheath, and took out a small corked vial, which was holding a strange looking greenish liquid.
"Smoke Potion!" Bass threw the vial to the ground, where it shattered, spilling the green liquid. As it took contact with the air, the green liquid started to form a thick cloud of gray smoke.

"Cough, Cough!" Rock closed his eyes and covered his mouth with his hand, the smoke was too thick and he couldn't see anything.

Bass wasn't about to use the smoke cloud to beat Rock while he couldn't see, if he wanted to he could have killed Rock while he was still blinded by Flashman's Flash attack. But Bass wasn't a coward. When he defeated Rock, it would be because of his skills.
His mission was to kidnapp Princess Kalinka, and he was not going to fail. The smoke potion allowed Bass to pass Rock and approach the carriage where Kalinka was.

Blues saw how Bass had stopped his brother by dropping the smoke potion on the ground, and was now going towards Roll and Kalinka's carriage!

"Kalinka no!" yelled Blues.

"Don't look away! Your fight is with me!" yelled Plantman, as he grabbed his whip with both hands and swung it over Blues' head.

Blues rose up his shield, stopping Plantman's attack just in time, and took the chance to thrust his sword deep into Plantman's chest.
Plantman's plant like armor was no match to Blue's sword.

Plantman's arms dropped lifelessly at his sides, his weapon falling from his open hand. Plantman's eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he feel down on the ground.

Blues ran towards the carriage, determined to stop Bass from getting Kalinka. When suddenly, a big and furry mountain wolf pounced over Blues.

"Good work Treble, keep him busy while I grab Princess Kalinka!" said Bass to his pet wolf.

As Blues struggled to get the vicious mountain wolf off of him, Bass opened the door to the carriage where Kalinka was.

Inside the carriage, Bass saw a girl wearing a wedding dress, with a veil covering her features, and a wedding crown covering her head and hair.
Before she could even try to get away, Bass punched her on the stomach. Not very hard, just enough to make her pass out.
Bass then proceeded to carry her over his shoulder as he exited the now empty carriage.

Blues saw how Bass exited the carriage, carrying a girl in a white wedding dress, but he couldn't do anything with Treble the wolf trying to chew out his arm!

"Grrr! Woof!"

Rush, who had finally recovered from the Flash attack, leaped over to Treble, tackling the wolf away from its master's brother.

Bass saw this, and seeing how Blues was approaching him while Treble was on a face off with Rock's dog Rush, he knew that he had to do something to escape.
Reaching into his armor once again, Bass took out another smoke potion. "Treble, forget that dog and come here!" yelled Bass as he tossed the smoke bomb to the ground.

The vial shattered and the green liquid formed a second cloud of thick smoke, preventing Blues and Rush from seeing anything, much less follow Bass and Treble as they escaped.

Finally, after just a few minutes, the cloud dissipated, and Rock, Blues and Rush were able to see again. All they saw were the dead bodies of Plantman, Flashman and the two royal escorts laying on the road. Bass and Treble were long gone.

"Nooo! I failed her again!" yelled Blues. He then fell on the ground on his knees, crying in sorrow. "Kalinka!"

"Blues… I'm okay." That was Kalinka's voice!

Blues opened his eyes and looked to the carriage where Roll and Kalinka had been traveling. It WAS Kalinka!

Blues stood up and rushed over to Kalinka, hugging her. "Oh Kalinka, you're okay! I was so worried." Blues stopped hugging her, "But how? I saw them taking…" Just then, Blues noticed that Kalinka wasn't wearing her white wedding dress, but Roll's bridesmaid dress!

"It was Rock's idea." explained Kalinka.

Blues turned to look at Rock for an explanation, "I told them that if they saw that we couldn't stop them, she and Roll where to trade places, and she was to hide under a secret compartment behind one of the carriage's seats."

Suddenly Blues realized what had happened.
Oh my God! Roll! Bass had just kidnapped her sister Roll!

=======================

To be continued.

Enemies featured in this chapter: Flashman and Plantman, from Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 6.

Persona Ohnlyne (lucasliso@gmail.com)
Converting /tmp/phpP3u1uJ to /dev/stdout