MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ Surprise Surprise ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Surprise Surprise

"..I...failed..." Mega said quietly, looking down at his oversized feet. Dr. Light had just activated him, and Roll explained what happened. Mega was repaired enough to stay awake, walk, talk and the like, but he could not even attempt to fight anyone, and it would be a good while before he can.

"You tried your best.." Dr. Light said, trying to comfort him. "We can always repair the lab."

"But the plans....they were destroyed!" Mega said.

"Not exactly." Dr. Light said with a clever grin. Mega and Roll looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Roll asked.

"The plans in the computer were destroyed by that robot, yes, but I also had the plans saved onto a disk! But....I wonder how that robot knew of the plans." Dr. Light said.

"I don't know, I swear I told no one!" Mega swore.

"I believe you...wait, what's this?" Dr. Light saw a small fly sitting on the wall. "This is the oddest looking fly I have ever seen..." He smashed it with a shoe, and circuits flew everywhere. "That's how Wily found out! This fly....then he saw the plans....and that robot you battled was a reploid!" Mega gasped.

"What is a reploid?" Roll asked. "I wish you men told me things! I have no idea what you two are talking about! I don't even know why we were attacked!" Roll shrieked. Dr. Light sighed and told her about the plans. Then he turned to Mega, while Roll stood there, waiting for the new info to sink in.

"Mega Man! I am going to send Beat to spy on Wily." Dr. Light explained. "And see what they're up to." Dr. Light called Beat, the cute little robot birdie flew in. Dr. Light gave instructions to Beat while strapping a small camera onto the bird's back. With a squawk, beat flew out of the castle and to Dr. Wily's....

Vile sat down in the capsule, leaning back. The inside of the capsule did not look as crude as the outside did, actually it was like lying in a bed.

"Remember Vile, you will be asleep for 25 years, some things may be different! By then, all of my robots should have control. But just in case, be prepared!" Wily warned.

"Yeah yeah" Vile said with a wave of his hand, right before Wily shut the capsule, locking him inside. Then Wily programmed the capsule. Vile felt his systems starting to sleep, his vision became hazy and his hearing stopped working. He immediately gave in to sleep...

Beat was there just in time to record everything that happened, satisfied that he got some important information, Beat quickly flew home...

Dr. Light had just finished fully repairing Mega's legs and was working on Mega's shoulders/arms when Beat flew in, chirping loudly.

"That was awfully quick..." Dr. Light said softly. "What did you find?" Beat landed on his shoulder, Dr. Light removed the camera and puts the tape into the VCR. After watching it, he gasped. Dr. Light immediately got up and walked over to Mega Man. <who was not wearing his helmet at the time> Beat flew off Dr. Light's shoulder and landed on the table next to Mega, and started preening his hair. Dr. Light activated him.

"What happened? Am I repaired? ....and who is messing with my hair, Roll!! If you're braiding my hair again....Beat?" Mega reached over his head, and picked up Beat in his arms, sitting up.

"No, not yet, Mega. But I found out some disturbing information.." Dr. Light explained as he showed the tape to Mega Man.

"Oh no..." Mega mouthed.

"Mega Man....I have to build a reploid. Wily's robots will probably be attacking soon. Since my lab was destroyed I have very little parts to work with. I am going to use you. I will remodel you into a powerful reploid, but be warned, you'll have human emotions, good and bad..." Dr. Light said softly. "I don't have time to repair the rest of your systems...I'll add an auto repair system and set the capsule to wake you up in 25 years, exactly when Vile wakes up. By the time you wake up your auto repair systems should be finished. I just wish I had more time! You might malfunction..."

"I'll do it." Mega said. "But...can you start on it tomorrow? I wish to do something tonight...while I still have the time...."

"Alright." Dr. Light said. Mega got up. "But no fighting! You hear?"

"You bet, Doc. I'll be back by tomorrow." Mega said as he walked out of the lab.

Mega Man walked for about an hour, over to a large cliff that hung over the ocean. After climbing onto the cliff, he gazed around. The sun was setting.

"Protoman, I know you're here! Come out now! I need to speak with you!" Mega yelled to the sky. How he 'knew' Proto was there was beyond him.

"No need to yell." Proto said quietly from behind him, Mega turned to see his big brother standing about 3ft away.

"Protoman...I need to tell you something." Mega said, his eyes serious.

"What is it?" Proto asked.

After Mega explained the scenario, Proto gasped.

"You can't let Dr. Light change you to a reploid..!!" Proto finally said.

"It's not like I'm going to die.." Mega said. "It just means that I might never see you again..." Proto was silent.

"Listen to me.." Mega said suddenly. "I want you to take my place, keep Wily and his bots out of trouble..." Proto stood there in silence for a minute. Mega stared into Proto's shades but could see nothing past his own reflection.

"Alright.." Proto said. "You better be looking for me when you wake up, you hear? I'll still be alive and kicking, you can guarantee that!" Mega laughed.

"Get that imbalance thing checked out when I'm gone, ok?" Mega said.

"Yeah yeah.." Proto said with a wave of his hand. Then he turned to watch the sun set, and the stars outline the night sky with his little brother, knowing in his mind, but not in his heart, that this may be the last time he will ever see him again..

End of part 5