MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ Malfunctions ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6 - Malfunctions

"Finished," Dr. Light said softly, looking over Mega Man, who was lying in a capsule that greatly resembled Vile's. It only took Dr. Light about three days to remodel him.

"Can he hear us?" Roll asked. Dr. Light shook his head.

"No. I have him on sleep. He won't wake up for 25 years. Which may actually be a good thing, it'll decrease the chance that he'll malfunction when he wakes up. Just incase I built in a stronger conscience..." Dr. Light explained. "And we can all look forward to greeting him when he wakes up!"

"You won't be alive when he wakes up, will you, Dr. Light?" Said a voice from behind them. Both Roll and Dr. Light turned around to see Protoman.

"Probably not." Dr. Light said finally. "But you both should be unless something happens. You'll have to greet him for me." Roll and Protoman frowned. Dr. Light pressed a button into his computer, and the capsule was lifted by a chain and was carried over to a hole in the ground, then lowered into the hole. Next, the chain let go and was lifted out of the hole.

"Goodbye...brother...I'll get Wily for you.." Proto said softly, watching his brother get lowered into the hole. Roll sniffled. Rush put his head between his paws. Beat, who was perched upon Rush's back, silently preened himself. Tango watched quietly. A small bulldozer-like robot pushed dirt into the hole, sealing it.

Suddenly, the house shook. Dr. Light ran over to the window and looked outside, Wily's robots were raging through the city!

"Crap." Dr. Light grumbled, then turned around to face the others. "We need to think of a plan....Protoman??" Protoman was gone...

Protoman is slightly more powerful then Megaman is, mostly because he's older and has more experience. So when you fight Protoman it's kind of like fighting a slightly more powerful version of Megaman, but when you fight an angry Protoman, it's like fighting a small army of Megamen. But, Protoman was not angry, he was pissed.

Dr. Wily and his stooges will pay dearly for this! Proto thought. They will pay for taking my brother away!!! He ran through the city, slaughtering Wily's weak robots unmercifully! Most of them didn't even see him coming, and the ones that did had no time to react. And when I say slaughtered, he didn't just destroy them, he destroyed them beyond repair! There were only about ten left, and they all hauled ass away from the red android and towards Wily's castle.

"Come and fight me you cowards!" Proto yelled, when suddenly, his arm went numb again. He staggered, suddenly the world seemed to spin before his shaded eyes. "What..the??" The Wilybots turned to see Protoman fall to the ground, unconscious....

"What are you doing, Dr. Light?" Roll asked. He was in the lab, seemed to be building something.

"I am working on armor for Mega Man X" He replied. "I did not have time to make him overly powerful. He's strong now, but by the time he wakes up, it's more then likely that he'll be considerably weaker then the other robots. So I am building upgrades."

"Protoman's been gone for a long time..." Roll said with worry. Dr. Light shook his head.

"He's always been so stubborn....I hope he didn't get himself into trouble..." Dr. Light said softly.

Boy I'm in trouble now... Protoman thought. He was slung over a robot's shoulder, by the way it's back look, it was probably Frostman. I would love to know what happened...it must have been the 'malfunctions' that the Doc was talking about....damn it! Sorry, Mega....for lying to you....now....how am I going to get out of this mess? Proto looked around, his arm was still completely numb...not a very good sign. But his other arm was still functional. It would not be a good idea to try to escape...he still felt weak. He knew he wouldn't be awake for long.

This is suicide...but...there's no other choice... Proto slipped his good hand under his scarf and pulled out a tiny bomb. This little bomb has the power of a missile. I'll stick it onto the wall, and once a robot touches it, kaboom! The whole castle will be gone. He looked over his shoulder and saw that he was being carried down a hall, and he was almost at the door! He quickly threw the bomb onto the wall, which attached itself, and was camouflaged pretty well with the wall. Then he felt himself lose consciousness again....

End of Part 6