MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Dreams

Dr. Wily examined Protoman, who was lying unconscious on a table.

"Now...why were we attacked by Crimson Wonder and not the Blue Dweeb? What are they planning...?" Wily asked himself. "Maybe you can give me the answers, o'shaded one..." He hooked a wire into the back of Protoman's helmet and attached it to his computer. "Now..lLets look into your memory.…"

After scanning through his memory banks and reading about Mega Man X, the capsules, etc, Wily growled.

"No! This can't be happening! No matter...I have an idea.." Wily looked at Protoman again. "How would you like to fight your own brother and take him out for me? I will re-build you to be much stronger then your brother will ever be!" Wily walked over to Protoman. "But first that scarf's gotta go!"

Protoman heard nothing. But he felt Wily pull off his scarf... I remember when I got that scarf....it was so long ago.....but it's still so clear...

~Protoman sat on top of a large cliff, gazing down onto the rough seas below. He loved it up there, away from the crowded and cluttered cities, away from the fighting, away from the pollution. The only thing he did not like was that he always felt cold there; it was always a lot colder there than in most places he's been too, and his 'sense of touch' circuits Dr. Light built into him weren't helpful here. He was wearing street clothes, a pair of shades, and a hat to cover his hair. No one but Dr. Light has ever seen his hair or his eyes. 001.... Rock, was sitting next to him on the cliff. Rock was not implanted with very strong 'sense of touch' circuits, so the cold did not affect him much if at all. Rock had his knees up drawn, with his arms around them, he was also wearing street clothes, but he wore nothing to cover his unruly hair and his gentle blue eyes.

"It's your birthday today, isn't it?" Rock asked. Protoman turned and stared at him in surprise.

"How did you know?" Protoman said.

"Dr. Light told me!" Rock answered, grinning. "And I got you a present! Now close your eyes!"

"You don't have to do that..." Proto said.

"Just close your eyes! Are they closed?" Rock asked.

"Yeah." Proto said.

"How do I know your eyes are closed with those big glasses over them?" Rock asked childishly.

"You don't. Just assume, okay?" Proto grumbled.

"Okay." Rock said. He got out and walked over to Protoman, holding something behind his back. He pulled a long yellow scarf from behind his back and wrapped it around Proto's neck.... But he wrapped it a little too tightly, causing Proto to choke. Proto opened his eyes and loosened the scarf.

"Thank you..." Proto mumbled. The scarf was warm, and when he tied it around his neck a certain way, the end of the scarf flapped behind him in the wind like a small cape. Rock grinned his foolish, childish grin.

"Roll made it, but I thought of it!" Rock said proudly, puffing out his tiny chest, obviously happy to have pleased his big brother. ~

Protoman smiled, and the smile remained even after Wily shut down all of his systems...