MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ Double Bombing ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 8, Double Bombing

Dr. Wily looked over his new creation, which was once called Protoman. He still could not figure out exactly why Protoman had decided to hide his eyes and hair under his helmet, there were no disfigurations, no scars, as a matter of fact, he looked exactly like Megaman but with aqua eyes and blonde hair. But now Protoman was a reploid, and had quite a few new changes. He still had his arm cannon, but it wasn't all that powerful. Wily implanted a chip into Protoman's head that gave him *excellent* swordsmanship skills, and Wily built him a large sword called a 'Beam Sabre'. He also changed some things on his armor. Finally, to look flashy, Wily extended his hair so that it was very long and had it in a ponytail.

"Now.... Just to make sure that you and Vile won't have anymore trouble then Mega Man to deal with..." Wily mumbled to himself, walking out of the room and over to Bombman, who was in his room, playing Tetris on his computer. "Bombman, I want you to make the most powerful bomb that is possible!" Bombman turned off his game and turned to face Wily.

"Why?" Bombman asked.

"Because we're going to take out all opposition! Without Protoman and that blue dweeb to stop us, we're going to destroy Dr. Light's lab.... For good!" Dr. Wily laughed maniacally, causing Bombman to shudder. Bombman was one of Dr. Wily's first creations, but even if he had been with Wily for centuries, he would never get used to that insane laughter.

"I'll get right on it." Bombman said, getting up and running into his own private lab. Dr. Wily walked out of Bombman's room, grinning evilly..

"It's been two months since Protoman's disappearance!" Roll cried. "He's in trouble! I just know he is!"

"I know, Roll...but there's nothing we can do...we have to count on Protoman being able to take care of himself. ...but on the bright side, I did finish Mega's upgraded armor." Dr. Light said with the attempt to cheer her up, although he was worried sick about his eldest 'son'. "And now that all of his upgrades are in capsules, buried beneath the ground, when he wakes up he should find them. The future is secured...."

Suddenly, they both heard the sound of rockets. Rush, who was sleeping on the ground, raised his head and barked. Roll ran over to the window and looked outside, it was Dr. Wily's ship.

"It's Wily!!" Roll shrieked.

"Nothing gets by you, does it?" Wily cackled. He was driving the airship; at his side were Bombman and Grenademan. "You have lived your life long enough! Do it, Bombman!" Bombman walked over to the panel, and put his finger up to the shiny red button, that would drop the huge bomb from the ship and destroy the entire lab, taking out everyone inside. Suddenly, Bombman hesitated. Why am I hesitating to push the button....? Suddenly, he knew. Robot rule #1: Never harm a human....

"Do it!!" Wily commanded, all of Bombman's doubts vanished and he slammed his fist onto the red button, and the bomb dropped from the ship.

"Oh my!" Dr. Light cried. Roll screamed. There was an explosion. Wily watched, grinning. Bombman had a sullen expression, and Grenademan watched with interest.

When the smoke cleared...the whole lab was destroyed. There was no possible way that anyone could have survived it. The blast also shook the ground under the lab and around it. There was a good chance that the capsule was damaged if not destroyed. Wily laughed madly before driving back to the castle.

That night....

Wily's robots <all ten of them> threw a party to announce their victory. Dr. Wily looked more tired then usual that night, which surprised the other robots; but they laughed it off, thinking Wily was just tired from today's victory. One hour after the party started, and half of the robots were quite drunk, Wily retreated quietly to his bedroom. Two hours after his retreat, Elecman was quite worried.

"This is not like Wily..." Elecman told Bombman quietly. The other robot lowered his head slightly in silent thought. Neither of them were drunk, as they weren't into alcohol, especially Bombman since alcohol was flammable...

"Maybe we should check on him?" Bombman suggested finally. Elecman nodded. They both walked into Wily's lab. Suddenly, they both shrieked. The other eight robots, the shrill cries sobering them up, ran inside.

Dr. Wily was sitting at his desk, hunched over, he apparently had a heart attack, and there was nothing that could be done now...

"Oh my..." Crystalman whispered. Elecman ran over and shook Wily.

"Wily, Wily! Doc! You can't be gone! Wake up! Wake up!" Elecman cried. Bombman shook his head.

"I can't believe it!" Flashman yelled, enraged. "We had just won!! Victory was ours!! How could Wily leave us at a time like this!!" Flashman turned, standing in the hall before the lab door, and slammed his fist into the wall...unknowingly onto that small bomb that Protoman had planted. Suddenly, there was an explosion; none of the robots even knew what happened...

End of Chapter 8