MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Two Robots, Red as Blood ❯ The Death of Albert Wily ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Robots, Red as Blood

By King Salad

Rated: PG-13 (May Change To R)

MM Series: Classic, Zero

Summary: Protoman kills Wily, only to be frozen in time for centuries, and he awakes to a war torn world that needs a hero. Now Protoman must join with the last of his enemy's creations to battle man and machine alike to save what's left of this world. . .

Author's Notes: This first chapter may be a little slow paced, only because it covers the history of Blues and Zero. Protoman will be going by both the US and Japan versions of his name. As for Dr. Light, he will stay Dr. Light, not Right, or Hikari, which if you don't know, Hikari means Light in Japanese.

The alarms we're buzzing along the entire cold lab, made from its bitter and icy steel. The young blue humanoid robot ran faster and faster along the tunnels of Wily's castle, his buster blasting away at the steel plated enemies who wouldn't let up. The old man wasn't far now, he hadn't expected Megaman to move so fast, he hadn't guessed that the sentinel guards were not enough to hold him.

Megaman moved fast, but the old man's hovercraft was faster. It was round and smooth on the outside in its cold blue plating, not very unlike Megaman himself, thou built for a different reason. Over the blue round plating was a small crimson windshield that went along the entire circle of the craft. On the front was a large purple "W", the sigh of Wily, and inside the middle of the craft was Albert W. Wily himself, now old, nearing his later 70's, Wily could not hope to continue this madness any more. He had to finish what he began. It would soon be time.

But that time would have to wait, he realized, as a blast from Megaman's buster smashed into the side of his hovercraft. The stasis button was still only on the dashboard, he could have used it then. He did not. Instead he pressed another button, and the large purple "W" flipped up on a panel, and out of it came a large black gun. It aimed high, not at Megaman, but above him.

The blue bomber didn't see it coming as the blast hit the ceiling above him and exploded out, a large piece of the cruel and bitter steel on the roof came crashing down over Rock's body. He cried out, tried to move away, but it was too late. It caught him, crushing him beneath it.

Megaman was a robot, but he was as close to human as any robot could ever be. He felt love, and hate, and greed, and compassion, and lust and wisdom and all the things that make us human. And maybe, as that piece of roof crushed him dead, he felt sorrow. For himself. For others. We shall never know.

Wily had been trying to kill Megaman for almost twenty years, and he had learned not to get his hopes up. Yet as he watched the blue bomber crush and die, he couldn't help but laugh. Small and quiet at first, but soon loud and crazy. Wily had done it! It was over.

The next thing he knew the buster shot crashed into the end of his gun that stuck from the purple "W", the laughing ended as the gun exploded into smoke and flame, a large piece of shrapnel flying out and stabbing him in his left eyes. Laugh turned to scream as blood from his eyes poured down his face.

"I don't get it."

Protoman said as he walked over, kicking away the rock over Megaman's body. He reached down and cupped his friend's lifeless head. Then he stood, closing his fist. He held the chip that contained Megaman's memory, as luck would have it; the chip wasn't as damaged as it could have been.

"We've been playing this game for twenty years Wily. Twenty damn years. Neither you or Megaman ever had to die."

Wily was still frozen in pain, but it only grew, Blues fired off a shot from his buster into the left side of the hovercraft, it exploded, flames and metal flying into the left side of Wily's body, burning and stabbing. The old man screamed.

"But now . . . now Megaman is dead. He had to die. And so do you."

Wily heard these words and his mind, the small part that wasn't telling the body to scream and feel pain, knew what it must do. His left arm was useless now, but the right could move. He moved it towards the stasis button, and even as he tried to reach it, Protoman was charging his buster. The buster shot, the button was pressed, as the blast of light smashed into Wily's hovercraft and created an explosion that would surly kill the old man, the bright green and yellow lights shone, and the entire room was frozen in stasis. Protoman, Megaman's body, what was left of Wily and his craft. All frozen.

Dr. Light and Roll arrived later; they arrived to find the stasis room, as it was called from now on. Light sighed and left, unable to bear the sight of what was inside that room. Roll dropped to her knees and cried. It was over. They had for twenty years fought Wily. She was happy Wily was gone, but why did he have to take her brothers with him?

One hundred years passed, Dr. Light slipped into death long before they did, and Roll vanished altogether. As time goes on, things repeat. Megaman reappeared, a different Megaman. They called him X. Slowly as time went on X meet Zero, and so on went a battle against evil once more. That evil was, weather they knew it or would admit it, all made because of Dr. Wily, who died over 100 years ago. Time went on, X and Zero battled against the darkness, and in the end Zero was put in Stasis, not unlike Protoman 100 year before.

Another 100 years passed, and Zero left stasis. He too battled evil, and he too won in the end. He was reunited with X, and as time went on they once again battled against the darkness.

Then it was over. X was destroyed, both mind and body, and gone forever. Zero could no longer take the decay of society, so he left. He went off to live somewhere alone. And for years man and machine ruined their lives. Zero could no longer care of it.

It had been almost 800 years since Wily's death. 600 since Zero went away. That is when it happened. Heat became scarce. The sun stopped giving off heat. Or if it still gave heat no one could feel it. The world began to freeze over. Snow replaced rain. Ice replaced dirt. The world became one big frozen gem in the universe.

900 years since Wily's death. The world was frozen now. Heat could be generated, found maybe in rare, small places. And in these places you'd find man and machine living. For both races were nearly gone. Man needed heat to survive, or they would freeze. And machine needed the heat if they wanted to survive. Not as much as humans needed it, but eventually without the warmth they'd freeze over and lack movement. All would die.

And that is the problem, as history shows us. Heat was needed by humans and by robots. And so a man by the name of Li Sugihara I was the first. He decided that machines were useless. Sugihara believed that without the machines sucking up all the heat, mankind could survive longer.

And so he formed the REA, or Robotic Eradication Agency. Humans sighed up by the thousands, those who lived through the endless winter. Men, Women, Children, they all agreed with Sugihara. And it began. The robots fought back, but none so hard as a machine named Seven. He formed the "Lucky Seven." Seven robots that would fight against the REA to the death. In the end the Lucky Seven extended to thousands of robots, not just the seven leaders. But they were still the most known. Seven was the leader. Lean and green, with a spiked helmet, a buster shot, and a beam saber. He had wings, robotic wings, which he could retract if he needed to.

And so the REA and the Lucky Seven battled. The REA wanting to destroy robots, and the Seven, wanting to kill all humans. Not only the REA, but all humans.

A third side joined the battle almost twenty years later. A man named Matsuto Light created the Rider of Freedom. They bore their name from the hover bikes they road, an improved version of the normal hover bikes, made by Light.


Li Sugihara died, and his grandson Li Sugihara III took over the REA. The seven kept battling, and Tai Light, grandson of Matsuto Light took over the Riders. The war lasted almost 100 years. Zero came back; he could no longer stay away, of course he joined the Riders, who fought to end the war of man and machine so that they could worry the real problem. Where had the heat gone?

It had been 999 years since Dr. Wily was killed, and soon the 1000 anniversary would be here. And as that anniversary approached, none remembered. The name Albert Wily was listed only in history, and yet the only one who truly knew the impact of that name was Zero.

And it was here, just eight months short of the anniversary, that Blues would soon wake up. It was here that two robots, red as blood, would decide the fate of man and machine alike. . .