MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Two Robots, Red as Blood ❯ Frozen in Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Robots, Red as Blood

By King Salad

Rated: PG-13 (May Change To R)

MM Series: Classic, Zero

Summary: Protoman kills Wily, only to be frozen in time for centuries, and he awakes to a war torn world that needs a hero. Now Protoman must join with the last of his enemy's creations to battle man and machine alike to save what's left of this world. . .

Author's Notes: This chapter will be a bit better than the first, because it gets into the new story. Also it contains a few curse words so you've been warned. ^_-

It was cold there. Of course, it was cold everywhere. Zero sighed as he walked along, the battle had ended almost an hour ago, but the bodies still burnt. The REA had been tracking what they believed was part of Lucky Seven, when in reality it had been Zero and his squad of riders. That didn't stop the REA, they attacked, lasers at full, cutting down man and machine. Zero's squad fired back, and soon the REA's attack force was gone, all dead.

Now Zero stepped through this carnage, dead humans and robots. He sighed as he walked over the frozen ground, stained with blood.

"It's all useless Kat. Sometimes I regret ever coming back."

Kathryn Light was the sister of Tai, whom was the leader of the Riders. She had gone out with Zero's group, she wanted to fight, but Tai worried too much, so he would only allow her with his group or Zero's.

"Don't say that, you're the best we got."

She said as she hugged his arm lightly. He sighed and closed his eyes. This was true. Zero was the strongest of the Riders, but one robot was nothing. Each member of the Seven had as much, if not more power than Zero. And Sugihara III had a vast army.

"Maybe. But I'm not good enough."

Kat said nothing, instead she just punched him arm playfully and continued her walk. She was young and slim, with dark red hair that flowed down her back. Her green eyes shining beneath the hood of her winter suit like shining gems. It was those eyes that saw him first. She walked over, slowly at first, but faster as she moved.

Zero saw her move, he saw her hit the ground and start digging in the snow. There was something sticking out, it looked like a green diamond. Zero joined her in the snow and also dug. Soon they had dug it out. A stasis cell. Or part of one. It had chipped off, as if from a larger piece. Inside was a robot, not as tall as Zero, and from the looks of him, very old.

"What do you suppose it is?"

Kat asked.

"It's a robot. An old one. Older than me."

Zero responded.

This was something; Zero was the oldest surviving robot the Riders knew of. He sighed and looked at the stasis block.

"Let's take him to Tai."

Kat said a new hint in her voice.


"Maybe he can fix him."

Zero shrugged. He would do it for her; nevertheless he didn't think this old robot could be fixed up. It was possible; of course, Zero himself had been in a stasis for over one hundred years, but this robot looked like he'd been in stasis much longer.

"Alright Kat."

He said. He wouldn't ruin her high spirits. An hour later Zero had loaded the stasis cell onto his hover bike, Kat sitting beside him. The bike moved with grace and speed over the icy ground towards their ship. The big ship, a flying battleship as big as a small city. It flew it's way back to the Cyneburga.

Cyneburga was the Rider's home city. There was a mountain range called the Cyneburga Peaks, and in the middle of the tallest peaks is a low valley, covered in ice like everything else. Round domes stuck up from out of the snow, these were homes. All metal and covered in ice, they lacked beauty, but sustained life.


Of all the domes there was a large one in the north of the town, it was there the aging Matsuto Light lived. Tai and Kat, his grandkids, lived nearby in their own domes. But Matsuto lived in the lab.

The battleship could not land within the city, part of it's defense. The peaks would allow no ship of war entrance without having to blast their way through rock and ice, which made enough noise to allow the riders to attack back. Instead the ship warped it's crew down. Zero, Kat, the crew, and the stasis block, all transported to the lab.

"Hey!"

Tai was back, youthful, but older than his sister, and bigger, much taller and more built than Kathryn was. His hair was brown and plastered over his head in a spiky style he loved. His eyes were pale blue, and lacked the shimmer of his sisters emerald green ones.

Kat hugged him, and then broke away. Tai nodded to Zero, and then looked at the stasis block. His face broke into a grin.


"What is that?"

He was already next to the block, looking at the robot inside. It was great. Old. Very old. Maybe from the early 2000's. Oh what a find!

"Take it inside! Lets see if we can't thaw him out!"

Tai ordered. The crew, both robot and human, did as he commanded. The block was soon sat on a table in the lab.

The lab room was small and round, like all rooms in Cyneburga, but it was filled with interesting machines. Lights always blinking, sounds being made, it was a place of love for scientist. And while Tai was a soldier, he also loved the mechanics. It was his grandfather's lab, but his grandfather was too old to use it, so it was Tai's.

Tai was hooking machines to the stasis block, thawing it, while at the same time trying to search their databanks to see if they could ID the robot inside. If he was made anytime in the last 600 years it was hopeless, for many rouge robots were made with no proper ID, but if he was indeed as old as Tai believed, he may be IDed.

And so he was. Tai's face broke into a smile as he watched the ID flick up. It was only a 68% match, but Tai thought that was because of the age, and the stasis and carbon scoring on the robot.

"Well Tai, did you ID him?"

Zero asked as he watched the stasis melt away over the red and gray robot.

"Yeah I did. Holy Damn Zero, yeah I did."

Now Zero and Kat looked up. Whenever Tai broke into cursing it meant he was excited or really pissed off.

"Who is he bro?" Kat asked she was giddy now; the excitement was too much for her. Her hands and legs shook with excitement.

"Who? Unless I'm wrong, it's Prototype V.01, Blues Protoman."

The name meant nothing to Zero or Kat, who didn't study the files like Tai did. He sighed seeing they didn't know.

"It's the first humanoid robot Thomas Light ever built."

That worked. Kat squealed with delight and looked at the now half-unthawed body in the stasis block. Zero raised an eyebrow.

"Tai. That would mean he's over one thousand years old."

Tai nodded excitingly.

"Yeah. I wonder if I could repair him? I mean, I'd have to replace most of his old technology with some of the newer stuff, but I could still try to fix him up."

Tai would spend forever working on a machine if he though he could make it better or make it work again. He loved working on stuff. Kat sighed and looked at the robot. There was something there. Something she couldn't put her finger on yet.

Zero turned and left the lab. Then out the round door of the round dome and out into the snowy round town. He looked up into the air. Then it happened. There was a blast of flame in the sky. The REA. They never attacked the town itself, inside were too many innocent people, they didn't want to kill humans, only machines.

Zero ran foreword, the alarms were already sounding, robots and humans were leaving their homes with beam sabers and busters and lasers flickering and blasting away.


The REA ship was already leaving, flying away, though it was raining several blasts of flames and laser onto the city. Zero watched it fly away and something struck him.

"No. You're just getting like this because you found that Fuggin' ancient robot. It's just the REA. You're just remembering those things."

Yet it didn't comfort him, his own words didn't make it better, and the words of others could not either. The ship was gone, some small fighters were after it but they'd never catch it and the town needed repairs.


"It's just coincidence."

Even as Zero said these words to himself he could feel it inside that it was not. . .