MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Two Robots, Red as Blood ❯ Zero's Nightmares ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Robots, Red as Blood

By King Salad

Rated: PG-13 (May Change To R)

MM Series: Classic, Zero

Summary: Protoman kills Wily, only to be frozen in time for centuries, and he awakes to a war torn world that needs a hero. Now Blues must join with the last of his enemy's creations to battle man and machine alike to save what's left of this frozen world. . .

Author's Notes: Chappie Seven…

I must apologize for lack of updates in so long, but I've been kind of busy, and my free time has been devoted to other things, now I'm back and the story will be picked up again.

Blues was bent low in the fluffy white snow, on the right side of Zero. On his left was Kathryn, her eyes red with tears. Tai was talking to some soldiers who had arrived from Cyneburga not long ago.

It had been six hours since the event in which `Megaman' RX had appeared before Blues and Zero and had gotten into the fight. Zero was still unresponsive, but he wasn't dead, which was good.

Tai had been making various repairs on him between his briefings to the Rider's Troops who had been riding up to find them. All the while muttering things like "Musta been one hell ova buster cannon" and "That RX must be strong to do this to Zero."

Kat was in an uproar, she had seen Zero battle hundreds of times and he was the strongest warrior in the entire Rider's army, and now this RX had defeated him in only one buster shot.

Blues then stood and walked over to Tai, something had been nagging at his mind, an idea, a crazy idea, but still an idea.

"Tai, you're files on the Maverick Wars."

"What about them?"

The brown haired war chief and scientist turned around, but did not move, nor did he speak. Blues shook his head, he had to ask.

"You're files say that during the Maverick Wars, X found several pods containing images of Dr. Light. They had pre-recorded upgrades for him and they could think on their own. Now you're records say that the pods were all destroyed but one, one that had Dr. Light's mind recorded on it, and was used for advice."

Tai nodded. This indeed had been done.


"What's your point?"

"Where is that pod now?"

Tai had to think about that. He shook his head; he had no clue where the pod was now. Likely he'd have it on the computer back at his lab in Cyneburga.

"I can find out. Why Blues?"

"Why? Mainly because if this pod has an artificial Dr. Light inside that can think and react to things, I want to see him."

Tai nodded. He decided it was best if he didn't argue. Blues was not a soldier in the Rider's of Freedom, but he had saved Kathryn and Zero's lives. And that deserved some help.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Hours passed, and it was dark now. Zero was awake again, lying in the infirmary of Cyneburga's main round dome, the lab. Kathryn had stayed at his side the entire time since they'd arrived. Tai and Blues had been in the lab, going over thousands of files looking for Dr. Light's pod.

Kathryn was in a small chair at the side of Zero's bed. The blond haired reploid was lying, not speaking right now, but just looking at Kathryn.

The dreams were coming again. He could still see it all.

"X! Where the hell you been?"

Zero was standing at the space platform. Colonel was dead, Zero had just killed him. Over the last few days, Zero had done battle with four very evil maverick reploids, Jet Stingray, Split Mushroom, Slash Beast and Frost Walrus, the battles had been hard but Zero was fighting for a cause. He did not know that X himself and his new friend, Double, had done battle with four enemies of their own. Now their paths had crossed at last.

"Busy Z, very busy. Did you kill Colonel?"

"Yeah."

"Then I think we've been busy with the same thing. Repliforce escaped. We have to get after them!"

"Yeah, yeah we have to."

Zero opened his eyes again. He hated them. Damn dreams. Stupid damn dreams. It had been over 800 years ago, but he couldn't get those two weeks out of his head.

They were in the weapon now, running down the steel plated path. In front of them was a young female reploid, holding a ball of purple energy. The only thing left of her brother, Colonel. Her name was Iris.

"Iris!"

Zero stopped and cried out, X had raised his buster but Zero pushed him aside.

"Iris, what are you doing here?"

"You fought with my brother."

Zero didn't have time for this. They had to stop General.


"Yes I did Iris, but I had too. Please . . . "

"Had too . . . yes I understand. You had no choice. And neither do I."

Zero watched in horror as his love, Iris, the wonderful girl he'd fallen for had now become a horrible beast of destruction.


"I won't fight you Iris!"

Zero turned around, only to find X was down the corridor, locked in battle with a yellow robot that looked like some monster form of Double. He didn't have time to worry about this, though.

"Iris! Please!"

"Who is she?"

Zero opened his eyes again, finding himself back in the infirmary. Kathryn had a odd grin on her face, somewhere between happy and sad.


"What?"

"Who is she Zero? Iris. You were talking in your sleep. And that's the same name that RX said. Who is she?"

Zero sighed.

"A girl I knew a long time ago, that's all."

"Did you love her?"

"Yes."

"What happened to her?"

"I killed her."

"Why?"

Zero shook his head.


"I wish I could blame it on Sigma, or General or Colonel or one of them, but I can't. I killed her because I had to Kat. Now please don't ask me any more."

Zero stared into her eyes, she was so weak now. The battle had drained her so much.

"I just . . . wanted to live in a world full of reploids . . . with you."

"Iris. There is no world for reploids only. It's just a fantasy."

"I know . . . but I wanted to believe it . . ."

"Iris . . ."

"Goodbye Zero."

"Iris. Iris. Iris! Iris! IRIS!"

Zero wasn't asleep now. But he could still hear her voice. They say time heals all wounds, but after 800 years, the wound from Iris was not only unhealed, but still bleeding.

* * * * * * * * * * *

"I found it!"

Tai was still reading the old files on the computer, Blues was behind him, a wire connecting him straight to the databanks, searching for himself in a way only a reploid can.

Blues turned to the brown haired youth.

"I found the pod."

Blues nodded and wrote down the directions.

"I'll leave tomorrow morning."

"No, wait a couple days. Zero will want to go with you."

"No. He'll slow me down."

Tai shook his head.


"No he won't. Blues, please, take Zero with you."

"Fine. But if he slows me down I go on without him."

Tai was about to speak again when a high, razor-sharp buzzing echo cut him off. It was an alarm.


"Shit!"

Tai dashed over to the window, Blues did not budge, but he did turn his head.

Outside there were sinister shapes in the skies. Reploids, Reploids with wings, and Sabers. They were soaring over the city, looking down. Seven shapes. The Lucky Seven.

Then they started dropping the bombs, explosions were blasting up all around. Vivid crimson flames were licking the sky with their yellow tongues and illuminating the seven shapes with ghostly lights.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Zero was holding Kathryn's hand, he was afraid. Seeing Kathryn attacked, seeing her almost killed, and remembering Iris, had made him afraid. He loved Kathryn, and he knew he'd lose her. He always lost people he cared about. Iris, X, Sigma, everyone in his live that he cared about, or respected, or befriended would become his enemy and die.

That's when the alarms sounded; Kathryn opened the window and saw the seven shapes dropping bombs. The fire. The death.

'What the hell?' Zero thought. `First some new Megaman steals a REA battleship and attacks the city, and now the Lucky Seven are attacking a civilian town. Damnit!'

Zero activated his Z-saber, but Kathryn shook her head, her long crimson hair fluttering in the breeze from the window.

"You're weak Z, let the guards handle this."

Zero was about to argue when a bright blue saber jetted through the steel door of the infirmary. Kat screamed and Zero pulled himself up in pain.

Seven was there, but this time, unlike before, it was the real seven, and not RX in a disguise.


"Hey kiddies, having fun?"

Zero was much too weak to fight Seven, and Seven knew it.

"Hey there Z. Now we're not after you, we've just been ordered to take Ms. Light with us."

Kathryn reached inside her jacket and when she pulled her hand back out she held a small blaster gun in her hand. It fired at Seven and collided with his shoulder, the crimson beam crashing into Seven's jade body armor.

"Don't do that."

Seven raised his buster arm and fired a shot into Kat's chest. She screamed and hit the ground, passed out. Zero charged at Seven, but Seven's beam saber hit Zero under his arm and sent him falling to the floor.

"You old fool. If The Boss didn't say he wanted you alive I'd--"

What he'd do, Zero never did find out. Because at that time the buster shot from Blues' arm cannon hit Seven square in his back and the green reploid flew over Zero's body and hit a wall on the other side. Blues rolled into the room, grabbed Zero's Z-saber where he dropped it, and when he came out of the roll he was right in front of Seven, who had raised his blue beam saber high, but Blues shoved the green Z-saber into Seven's chest and the reploid with wings screamed.

"Bastard!"

Seven fell over dead, his body exploding with flames. Neither Zero nor Kat saw what happened, but Blues sat on his knees, panting, the Z-saber in his hand as he watched Seven die.

The other Six warriors, after learning that their leader had been killed, tossed a few more bombs and left the city in a hurry. Tai found his sister and his friend lying in the infirmary floor, and soon later they were moved to the infirmary beds.

And as it all happened, the blue bomber, Megaman RX, was standing on a hill watching Cyneburga. He had an odd smirk on his face. . .

* * * * * * * * * * *

Author's Notes:

A few changes to stuff I wrote before, that I had wrong, and a few notes.

1) Earlier in the story I said Reploids and humans could not have children together, well as it turns out, they can. I was wrong.

2) As for Dr. Light's pod being able to interact, well, in Megaman X-4 the pod is talking about the war with Repliforce, which is what leads me to believe this, because if it couldn't interact with the current times and change things, then how'd it know about Repliforce?