MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Two Robots, Red as Blood ❯ Megaman RX ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Robots, Red as Blood

By King Salad

Rated: PG-13 (May Change To R)

MM Series: Classic, Zero

Summary: Protoman kills Wily, only to be frozen in time for centuries, and he awakes to a war torn world that needs a hero. Now Blues must join with the last of his enemy's creations to battle man and machine alike to save what's left of this frozen world. . .

Author's Notes: Chappie Seven…

Oh and an important note, I know the storyline in the real games, and I know parts of my fanfic go against the actual MMC, MMX and MMZ storylines. But remember, THIS IS A FANFIC and I'm doing things however I want to. ^.^

Zero was still in his same hiding spot, up, crouched on the hill. It was cold in the cave, as it was everywhere, but he was tired and in a hurry. X was alive, he knew it. X had to be alive. X had stolen that REA ship . . . they'd find X and he'd join the Rider's and help end the war.

No. Zero knew that X was dead. Who ever the robot had been on the ship, they had only looked like X, they were not he. And yet he couldn't help but think it was.


The REA attack squad was still down. He could now see all of them, nineteen men with guns, all crouched around a small fire in their black uniforms with strips of gold and gray. Zero had thought of many different ways to sneak past them, or kill them, or distract them, but none of them seamed feasible.

`Damn them.' He thought. `Damn them all to hell. I need to find X!'

It was then that Zero stood up, drawing himself to his full, menacing height, buster cannon on his arm ready to fire, beam saber in his hand ready to slash away. He'd be killed, but it was better than sitting around forever.

He would have jumped then, and it would have been the end of him, I'm afraid, oh, he'd have taken some of the REA with him, but all in all it'd be the end of Zero. It was lucky that, at that very time, Kathryn Light, the young and stubborn redhead whom had follower her forbidden lover to this desolate cave, called out his name.

"Zero! Where are you?"

Zero stopped, his legs were already bent for the jump. The voice reached his ears and even before he could breathe he knew it was Kat.

"What the hell was that?"

The REA were on their feet, guns ready, they aimed, and Zero watched in horror as Kathryn's fair young face appeared at the top of the path.

"Halt!"

The man, who was in the front, closest to where Kathryn was walking, wore a bright green patch on his chest plate of the suit. He was their leader. His rifle was aimed at the young Kat and he was ready to kill.

"The REA? What the hell? These caves are civilian ground under protection of the Riders!"

Kat had a pistol on her belt, of course it was no 21st century weapon that fired bullets, no, instead it had lasers that could burn through skin and bone and metal.

The REA troops made no move of lowering their weapons.

"Who are you, and what do you have to do with the riders?"

Their leader was speaking again. His gun was aimed at her. Zero watched, and waited. If he attacked now they may kill Kathryn.

"My name is Kathryn Light and my brother is the Leader of the Riders, and if you kill me the REA will be making open war on the Riders!"

The Riders of Freedom, thus far, were on neither side. Not supporting the Lucky Seven or the Robotic Eradication Agency. They attacked both sides, and acted more as `moderator' for them. It was war, and war has no rules, but the Rider's were liked by civilians of both the Seven and the REA, and since Tai Light hadn't allied himself with either side, both sides wanted their help.

"You lie."

The REA captain made no move of lowering his gun, and Zero knew it was now or never.

"KAT DOWN!"

Kathryn heard his words but didn't obey, the REA turned but it wasn't fast enough, the captain was caught in the throat with Zero's beam saber, as were two of his soldiers. The three men fell dead as Zero blasted his buster at the rest of them. An explosion engulfed the area, the REA were now blasting blindly at the smoke with their guns, but Zero was moving. He grabbed Kat around her slim waist and then dashed with all his might. He moved, beam saber in front, through the smoke, killing two more REA troops, and then out the cave exit with Kat still in his arms.

Zero and Kathryn were now in a snow drift, hiding underneath the layers of snow, near the frozen soil. Both lay with their bodies covered from head to toe in the wet white snow, but their mouths were near the surface. They could whisper to one another, but only quietly. And moving was defiantly a no-go.

"What are you doing Kat?"

"I came to find you. I was worried."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not. I saw those marks. You got in a fight." Kathryn said.

"Yeah."

"With who? The REA?"

"No. It was Seven."

"Lucky Seven is here?"

"No, I mean Seven himself."

"What? Are you ok?"

"Yeah . . . it was weird. He was acting odd. I don't think it was the real Seven. More like . . . I don't know."

Zero tried to explain, but couldn't. He had no clue that the `Seven' he battled was indeed `Megaman'.

"What do you mean?"

"Shhhh. Someone's coming."

Both Kathryn and Zero stopped talking. Someone was moving towards them. Zero peered around as well as he could without moving, and he gasps at what he saw. He sat up straight, no longer concerned with his or Kat's safety. She joined him in a minute.

The REA troops were running, some screaming, some already dead. Behind them Megaman was walking slowly, aiming his buster and then firing a single shot with deadly accuracy into the head of one of them.

It looked like Megaman, or so Zero thought. On further inspection it looked both like Rock and X, and he couldn't tell which one. It was the oddest thing he'd ever seen.

"X!"

Megaman kept walking, without stopping. On his left was a buster; in his right was a blue beam saber, like Zero's. He jumped into the air and fired a huge blast from the buster, it flew at the remaining REA men, who were no on their knees begging for life, they died just as it hit, burning their skin off the bone as they fell into death.

"X! What are you doing?"

Finally Megaman turned around; Zero was now on his feet, staring at the person who looked like his old friend. It was then that Megaman's face cracked a evil smirk.

"Ahhh. Zero. I hoped too see you."

The voice that spoke sounded like X, but at the same time it had another air to it, like it was not his own, but it was. Everything was so confusing. Everything looked like what it was, but it also looked like what it was not.

"Who are you? X?"

Megaman shook his head slowly, a mad glint still shining in his dark eyes.

"My name . . . what a question. Do you mean my birth name? Or perhaps my rebirth name? Or the name of my body? In any case you may call me Megaman. Or RX if you prefer."

Zero walked towards him, but RX shook his head once more and aimed his buster.

"No, no Zero. That is quite far enough. You aren't my friend and you aren't my ally. But you could be if you wished. Or do you wish to fulfill your purpose?"

Zero looked into the dark eyes of RX, much darker than X's had ever been.

"My purpose?"


Megaman moved his head to the side at a tilt, much like a confused dog.


"We all have a purpose. Weather a man, the creation of God, or a robot, the creation or man, we all have a purpose. You were created to kill Megaman. That is the purpose Albert W. Wily gave you. You have yet to do it."

Zero didn't move his eyes from the eyes of RX. It was odd. As much as Zero felt this was his old friend, he knew it was not.

"So then, you have a choice I suppose Zero. You can join with me, join and break your purpose. You can join me and end this war, or you can die."

Zero didn't speak for a long time, and then at last he said:


"How would you end this war X, er, RX?"

Megaman smiled. Almost as if he hoped for that question.

"Why, by destroying the REA, the Lucky Seven, and the Rider's of Freedom. By killing everyone who fights in it and leaving only those who serve me. That is the way to end a war."

Zero closed his eyes and fell to his knees. This was not the reploid he had known. This was not X. This was a insane creation, created by who he did not know, but did not care.

"Look . . . whoever you are, Megaman RX, I can't let you kill everyone. That isn't a end of the war; it's a start of a bigger one."

"Then kill me Zero. Because that is the only way I'll stop."

Zero opened his eyes again and shook his head.

"I don't want to kill you."

"Then join me. All you'd have to do to join me is kill the forsaken."

As he spoke the words `kill the forsaken' he pointed at Kathryn, who was behind him. Zero activated his beam saber at once.


"No. Now I know you're nothing like X except in appearances."

RX only smirked more.


"What? You could kill Iris but you can't kill her?"

Zero's head moved upward, he stared at RX and looked into his dark eyes.

"You bastard."

Zero leapt upward, but before he could even get close to Megaman, RX's buster had fired a shot into Zero's chest, knocking him back down. He cried out in pain, and closed his eyes.

Kathryn screamed, and in a second she was knelt down at Zero's side. RX only smirked wider and aimed at her.

"Don't Rock."

There was a clicking noise, Kat looked up, and RX turned his head behind him. Tai Light stood; a energy rifle in his hand, beside him was Blues who had his state-of-the-art buster aimed right at Megaman's head. Behind them was a hover bike they'd used to get here.

Megaman was no longer smirking. He stared at Protoman and Tai with pure, untapped loathing in his eyes.

"Rock, Or whoever you are, just get the hell out of here."

Blues was speaking in a icy cold voice. RX stared at him for a moment, and then he laughed.

"Blues, Blues, Blues. You old fool. How about you? Zero won't join me, so will you?"

"Dr. Wily asked me the same thing. I told him yes, and a week later I betrayed him and saved the life of a little girl named Kalinka Cossack. I won't waste a week this time. No I won't join you."

RX sighed, and then he smiled again.

"There used to be a game called `baseball'. It hasn't been played in over 1000 years, but I think we all remember the three strikes rule. I'll ask you and Zero two more times to join me before I kill you."

Megaman said this, and then he warped away in a flash of blue and silver light. It wouldn't be the last time they saw him, he would ask them two more times, what answers they gave, well that's another story . . .