MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Two Robots, Red as Blood ❯ All Up The Upward Climb ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Robots, Red as Blood

By King Salad

Rated: PG-13 (May Change To R)

MM Series: Classic, Zero

Summary: Protoman kills Wily, only to be frozen in time for centuries, and he awakes to a war torn world that needs a hero. Now Protoman must join with the last of his enemy's creations to battle man and machine alike to save what's left of this world. . .

Author's Notes: Ok, Chapter Fiver is here. Now Blues and Tai will get into some trouble of their own, Kat runs into problems, and Zero gets closer to finding X.

Oh and an important note, I know the storyline in the real games, and I know parts of my fanfic go against the actual MMC, MMX and MMZ storylines. But remember, THIS IS A FANFIC and I'm doing things however I want to. ^.^

Kathryn Light, now nineteen, was blazing over the snow covered ground on her brother Tai's hover bike. She had left over six hours ago, and she was surprised that Tai had not chased after her yet.

The reason for this is Tai did not yet know of her leaving, because he'd been busy with Blues. She did not know this, and even if she did it wouldn't change a thing. Of course she felt something when she was around Protoman's body.

What it was, she did not know. She did not know that many, many years ago, when Albert Wily had created Zero, whom she loved, he had done so using the image of Blues. Zero was to be a combination of Megaman, Bass and Protoman. That way he could stop them all. Of course, Wily's plans did not go right.

Her bike zoomed over the ground; she was nearing the start of the Upward Climb. A long, steep path up one of the mountain peaks. It leads to a large, dark cave. The very cave where `Megaman' appeared before Zero in the form of Seven. She did not know what happened.

Kat hit the Upward Climb with full force, urging her bike to move faster up the hill. And it did. She was tired, though she had slept sound last night, her worry of Zero, and her dread of the worry she would cause Tai overwhelmed her. But now wasn't the time to stop.

`Not far now Kat. Once you hit the cave and get out the other side you'll be able to see for miles.'

It was then she remembered the radar, quickly she moved one of her numb hands onto the control panel and flipped it on. Her green eyes, still shining like gems despite the worry, flicked to the small radar screen. It showed the locations of all the hover bikes within 100 miles of the one she was on. She ran a scan on Zero's Bike's ID number and found it was stopped in the Dark Cave at the end of the Upward Climb.

She sighed as was overcome with a crippling fear. It seamed horrible. Why would Zero have just stopped? What was the point of stopping in the middle of a dark cave?

`Unless he's wounded. . .'

She kicked her foot onto the accelerator and speed up, the bike was moving as fast as it would go. She urged it faster, her entire body shaking in the rush of the wind and the speed of the bike's acceleration. It was moving at a speed so great that if she were to crash, it would be undoubtedly deadly.

The cave was looming into view, the radar beeps and showed that soon she would arrive in the cave where she'd find Zero, hopefully an ok, not hurt Zero, but her hopes were low and her spirits as cold as the world around her.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Zero was almost out of that dark, dreary cave. It had a depressing air to it and a tune of death was humming in Zero's ears. The song seamed to come from all over and yet from no where but his own head.

He could now see the end of the cave, smoldering in his sights not far ahead, but still far enough that he was in a bad mood. Zero was mad now, and he would stay mad until he found X.

It was then he first heard it, thinking at first that it was just the mysterious song of the cave, he ignored it. But as he let his foot falls slow, any doubt was erased from his mind. Voices. Speaking. Someone was speaking.

He quickly veered off to his left, beam saber still glowing with its majestic green light as he made his way up a large hill of rock and granite. Upon the top he looked down over a low pit, it was the end of the cavern; the light illuminated the cavern with an eerie, almost supernatural light.

Standing at the doors of the cavern were men. Dressed in suits of black, gold and gray stripes decorated it. They had helmets that covered their entire heads of hair, but allowed their faces to be seen. They were armed forces of the REA.


First a REA battleship attacks a civilian town, and then REA soldiers are seen at the edge of the settlement? No. Zero knew X was on that ship. X was alive and he was on a REA battleship?

That made no sense. First, because the Riders of Freedom were the `moderators'. They were the army that hadn't taken sides, only fought when they though they needed. If the REA attacked a Rider's civilian town then it was possible the Rider's may align themselves with the Lucky Seven. Why would the REA risk that? Li Sugihara III, the REA's leader, was against killing civilians, no matter what.

And moreover than that, why would the REA use a robot? X was not human, as much as he may act like it sometimes. The REA hated robots and reploids and any kind of machine that had a mind of its own.

`Then why was X on that ship?'

And now Zero found a squad of soldiers here, only a few hours journey away from Cyneburga. Was Zero wrong? Maybe X wasn't alive. . .

`Maybe you're just crazy. It could be a virus. Or maybe Wily just made you so that if you cared too much about anyone you'd go nuts. Who the hell knows?'

The REA troops may or may not have recognized Zero if he approached them. If they knew who he was, of his status in the Riders, they would not be able to afford to attack him. However he was a machine, and if they didn't recognize him, they'd attack. And there were a lot of them, at least twenty men he could see. More outside, most likely.

But wait . . . it hit Zero then:

`If the REA did already attack a civilian town, what's the different if they attack me? Damn them! I have to find X, but there is no way I'll make it through the lot of them.'

Zero could have slaughtered all of the men, he had the strength, but he was wounded from his battle with Seven (Or who he believed was Seven), and they had guns.

It was 30XX, and the guns he REA troops carried could fire thin, red laser beams. They lasers ate through metal of any kind, through any natural stone, any synthetic creation. Zero could survive those beams long enough to kill most of them, but could he beat all of them, after already being this wounded?

No.

Zero would just have to wait, he'd have to stay on this damn hill and wait for the REA to move on so he could follow X. It was the safest, smartest idea he could do.

And that idea didn't work . . .

* * * * * * * * * * *

Tai was now still in his same chair, Blues on the cot. Blues had spent the last few hours, well into mid day, downloading the files from Tai's computer.

Most of the files of 20XX were destroyed, as you well know. But Dr. Light, for whatever reason, downloaded several files into the same capsules he left for Megaman X. Tai had studied these capsules after Zero told him the stories that X had told him. Tai had found several files, and learned much that was lost.

Still, despite the thousands of files he had dating from 20XX-30XX, there were millions more missing that he would never find. And most of his were incomplete, or only guesses of what actually happened. Blues had regained much of his memory, but it was still shaky and he still felt as if he was forgetting something important.

It was then, as Tai was speaking with Blues about the past, when the guard came in. He was a robot, tall and covered in black armor. His named was Neo and he was the twin of Neon, another of the guards in the town.

"Sir!"

Tai turned, Neo stopped and stared at Blues, but Tai spoke up.

"This is Protoman. He's my friend. Now what did you need Neo?"

Neo looked nervous, as if the news was bad. Tai could tell right away.

"What is it Neo?"

"Zero left the town last night."

Tai stopped and looked at him. That wasn't his news. He could read Neo's eyes.

"Yes, I gave him my permission, not that he needs it in all fairness. But that isn't what's troubling you."

Neo nodded and then spoke again, slowly.

"Ms. Kathryn left this morning, on your bike."

Now Tai knew. He was filled with anger in a second.


"What? And you let my sister leave?"

"Sir . . . she is your sister. I was afraid to stop her. Had I known you didn't want her to leave --"

Tai waved it off with his gloved hand and gave a deep sigh. Anger gave way and left, to make room for fear and worry.

"Dammit. Well I have to go after her."

Tai stood and started to the door, when a voice spoke. At first he didn't recognize it, but that was because its owner had rarely spoken so far. It was Blues.

"I'm coming with you."

Tai raised an eyebrow and looked at the robot.

"You are? Why?"

Blues stared back up, from behind the dark visor on his helmet that looked almost like sunglasses.

"Because there is no reason for me to stay in this lab like a test dummy. Because it's my choice where I go and what I do. Because you're angry will probably get yourself killed, and because I owe you and your sister my life, and I always repay my debts."

Tai was taken aback by the awnser, for a robot that had been frozen in stasis for 1000 years, had little memory of anything; he sure knew what he wanted and when he wanted it. Tai smiled and nodded.


"Alright."

And so Tai and Blues left Cyneburga, on their way, on hover bike, up the Upward Climb and to the Dark Cave. The radar showed that right now, they were just outside of town, Kathryn was near Dark Cave, and Zero was stopped inside the cave.


Neither Tai nor Blues spoke, just waiting to get to whatever would come.

And none of them could have guessed what was to come. . .

* * * * * * * * * * *

Author's Note: Ok, just so you know, I'm going to try to get as many as three more chapters done today, I'm going to TRY. I may have as few as no more than this, and as many as three, maybe four, I don't know. It depends on how I feel.

And thanks, Amy14, for the review. ^.^