MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Two Robots, Red as Blood ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Robots, Red as Blood

By King Salad

Rated: PG-13 (May Change To R)

MM Series: Classic, Zero

Summary: Protoman kills Wily, only to be frozen in time for centuries, and he awakes to a war torn world that needs a hero. Now Protoman must join with the last of his enemy's creations to battle man and machine alike to save what's left of this world. . .

Author's Notes: Ok, Chapter Four is here. Now it gets going. Blues will wake up, and Zero and Kat will get into some serious trouble! Now is when it gets good folks!

Oh and an important note, I know the storyline in the real games, and I know parts of my fanfic go against the actual MMC, MMX and MMZ storylines. But remember, THIS IS A FANFIC and I'm doing things however I want to. ^.^

Zero had left the lab and made his way to the hover bike area, taking his bike Tai had built for him he left. The guards didn't question him, he was too well respected.

He left Cyneburga, taking the mountain trail. The battleship was much faster and had a head start, but Zero was determined to catch it. If X was on that ship. . .

`X is dead. All you're doing is wasting Tai's time and hurting Kat. Get off your fucking bad memories and get back there.'

He said that to himself a hundred times in a hundred ways, but he couldn't get it out of his head. He had seen a blue and white robot on the ship. But he had felt X. It had to be him. It was him.

If Zero knew that Kathryn would soon wake up, learn what he did, and follow him, hey may have stayed. He would not have her in harm's way. But he had no choice. He did not know. And he could not save her this time. That was someone else's job.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Tai sat in his lab with a sigh. He did not know that Kathryn had already left to go after Zero; he did not know that she was in danger. He was preoccupied. Blues was still unresponsive, and that had Tai down. Maybe he should just give up and put Protoman in a museum.

He was seriously considering this as he turned to his computer. He had a large black leather chair; it faced away from the cot where Blues body lay. It faced a large computer. He was typing, making more research logs, battle plans, when suddenly he heard a noise. He turned the chair around and found Blues no long lying down, but sitting up, rubbing his head.

"You're awake!"

Tai screamed with delight. Blues saw this and aimed his buster at him. Blues looked the same as he had before, the same old armor full of carbon scoring and blast marks, same helmet. But the insides had been repaired and replaced. Normally Tai would have upgraded him, bring him up-to-speed with the 30XX technology, but even now, 1000 years later, no scientist could match the wits of Thomas Light or Albert Wily, and so Protoman was already more advanced than most, except perhaps Zero or Seven.

"Whoa. Take it easy."

"Who are you?"

Tai smiled and sat back in his chair, this time facing Protoman.

"My name is Tai Light. You're in my lab in the mountain town of Cyneburga."

Protoman thought for a moment before he spoke.

"Light . . . are you related to. . . Thomas Light?"

It was amazing, Tai thought. It took Blues time, from the hibernation and the repairs and such, but he seamed to have more memory than Tai could have ever expected.

"I don't think so. Dr. Thomas Light died a long time ago. I think it's just by chance I have the same last name. But, I never have checked my family tree all the way back to his day, so I could be."

"His day? . . . What . . . what year is this?"

Blues was having trouble; it was obvious, remembering anything. But he would regain it, and, as he seamed to have some idea of it, maybe he'd regain it faster than normal.

"The year is 30XX. You've been frozen in stasis, as far as I can tell from the carbon dating I did on you, for about 1000 years."

Blues shook his head, not in disbelief, though it looked that way, but to try to think.

"But . . . how?"

Tai shook his head.


"I have no clue. You were found by my sister and my friend Zero. Listen, I know it's gotta be weird, waking up after 1000 years. And I can't give you many answers. Anyway, you're welcome to plug into our databanks and download my files. I have several thousand files on history, but I'm afraid it's not very complete."

Blues didn't speak. He did lower his buster cannon, but he didn't speak. Tai sat and looked at him for a while, and Blues seamed to be thinking, trying to remember. At last the robot spoke.

"Where's Wily?"

Tai's face suddenly broke into a look of surprise and curiosity.

"Wily? Judging by your age . . . do you mean Albert Wily? You knew him? Well, of course you knew him, our databanks say . . . well to answer your question, I have no clue. Why?"

Protoman shook his head again. Thinking more.

"I . . . I was frozen with him. In stasis."

"What? How!?"

Tai was going crazy with excitement; it was wonderful hearing him talk about things that took place 1000 years ago. It's amazing to him.

"I . . . I don't know. I can't remember. I just know . . . Wily."

Tai nodded, a bit disappointed, but still excited.

"Listen, Blues, or do you prefer Protoman? I don't know. Anyway, listen, you're welcome to stay in my lab all you want. But I do ask you don't leave the lab, no one but me and Zero and my sister know you so the guards may be suspicious. Go ahead and download the history files and we'll talk later, ok?"

Blues nodded, without saying another word. So much was on his mind. 30XX? He'd been frozen for 1000 years? Where was Wily? Who was Wily? He had a million memories but couldn't understand any of them. Like another million were missing.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Zero was almost there now, he could tell. The radar on his bike didn't show the ship nearby, but he could feel something inside. He knew. X was around here. He had to be.

The hover bike was almost flying its way down the snowy path, icy sheets beneath buzzing by in the wind as the bike neared the end of the mountain paths. There was a cave ahead; he'd have to go through the cave to reach the outside of the mountains, where he could follow the battleship much faster, and find X much sooner.

The bike entered the cave, the blond rider on the edge of his seat as he whipped by in the darkness. Rock formations and ice all around him. Ice everywhere. Just like everywhere. Zero could feel anger burning up inside him from the ice. He hated this cold. Heat was gone. It wasn't coming back. Only artificial heat. Artificial everything.

Zero was getting so upset again that he never saw it coming, he never saw the blast fly out. The end of his bike was hit with the buster shot, Zero swerved off course and into a large rock covered in a sheet of bitter ice.

"Normally you have others with you Zero."

Zero pulled himself up, despite the rather painful crash, and turned to face him.


Seven was built about 100 years ago, by whom, neither he nor anyone else knew. His body was covered in green armor that resembled Zero's, but different. A throwback to an old robot called Bass Forte, whom no one of the day, with the possible exception of Tai Light who loved history, remembered. On Seven's back were long wings that he could retract, they were black. And flowing out from under his green and black helmet was long white hair, not like Zero's hair, which fell over his back; Seven's fell down either side of his body over the shoulders and draped him almost like a cape. On Seven's left hand was a buster arm cannon, like Zero's. In the right he held a beam saber. It was red as blood and it glowed with a deadly light.

"Damn you Seven."

Zero activated his own green beam saber and looked on at the white haired robot before him. Seven smirked and walked around. The leader of the Lucky Seven didn't show himself very often, but Zero had met him before. Seven, as well as the other six masters of the Lucky Seven, were built in the image of Zero, because of his power and fame from the Maverick Wars, as they were now called.

"Damn me? Maybe if you knew how to pay attention to where you're driving."

Zero fired a buster shot, but Seven was too fast, dodging it by far and allowing the explosion to explode harmlessly behind him.

"Come on now Zero, you can fight better than that!"

Zero said nothing. He knew neither one of them would wind up dying today. Seven and Zero had battled many times in the past, and not one of them ever died, ever. Seven just liked to play.

Seven charged, dashing as fast as he could, his beam saber flaring out in front of him, Zero counted with his own saber, sparks of red and green exploded all around and the two robots grunted and sneered as they held strong. Finally Seven broke away, falling backwards. Before Zero could attack in any way Seven had fired a buster shot and the blond robot was caught in his chest. Seven then stood, his long black metal wings now sticking out from beneath the cascade of long white hair.

"Sorry Zero, I can't afford to die today. I have things to do in Cyneburga. I guess you should be heading that way to stop me, eh? Or are you going after X?"

Zero stopped, and looked foreword into Seven's face. The white haired robot smirked and began to laugh.

"Yeah, I know about X. I know a lot more than you'd think. Now you better get going if you hope to find him."

Zero wanted to wait and ask how Seven knew. But he knew that if he pushed Seven their would be a fight to the death, and Zero was weak from the crash, it could be his death.

Zero stood and began to run in the opposite direction, Seven was laughing, but he didn't give chase. Finally Zero disappeared from sight and Seven then glowed with a blue light. No longer was Seven standing there, for the true Seven was miles away. Instead a blue robot stood. He looked like Megaman. A cross, perhaps, between X and Rock, yet not quite either one of them.

"Run along Zero, you go looking for me. You'll find me soon enough old friend."

`Megaman' then turned and faced the path that led back to Cyneburga.

"And as for you, dear brother Blues, well, we didn't plan on you showing up, but I'm sure once I get this news back to the Island we can find a use for you too."

And a use they would find, but that is a story that will have to wait . . .