Meine Liebe Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond All Boundaries ❯ Prelude: Escape ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prelude: Escape

Disclaimer:
I don't own Meine Liebe, Meine Liebe Wieder nor did I own the game Tanbi Musou. The anime is the copyrights of Koichi Mashimo while the manga is the copyrights of Izawa Rei. However I do own my own character, Xue Dawei, her family and friends.
Chapter Summary: To escape the communists, republicans of China and the incoming war they are bringing, Ching Lan Dàwei and her husband, Jùnrén Dàwei along with there three year old son, Déshèng Dàwei are stowaways on the German ship, Weiß Dame, to Kuchen, leaving their family, history and homeland. What shall happen when they get to Kuchen?

Author’s Note:
- “speech” = Chinese
- “speech” = German

Hurry Jùnrén!” A woman called out, “The foreign ship is leaving!
The woman was currently carrying a small, sleeping boy in her arms. They boy seem so peaceful compared to the war and destruction that was happening and seem so oblivious to the world around him. The man, Jùnrén, was currently fighting off some soldiers, pushing them back as he ran as fast as he could towards the woman.
I am coming, Ching!” Jùnrén called out to his wife as he pushed a soldier back forcefully and continued his running, catching up to his beloved.
Ching and Jùnrén, ran towards the closing door of the ship’s storage area. Thinking that they weren’t able to make it, Jùnrén decided to do the impossible and dive for it. Sheathing his sword, Jùnrén carried his wife, bridal style and ran as fast as he ever could. Jùnrén then dived towards the storage area and skidded inside the storage area, the door closing itself shut.

Inside the storage area, Ching laid the sleeping boy in her lap and took out a small oil lamp to light their area. Jùnrén was laying near Ching, rubbing gently over her currently flat stomach.
What do you think the baby will be? A girl or a boy?” Jùnrén asked softly.
I am hoping it is a girl, but a boy would be nice as well…Déshèng will be lonely when we get to the foreign land…so maybe a little brother or sister would make him happy…” Ching replied, smiling as she stroked her son’s soft hair.
Leaning against Jùnrén’s shoulder, Ching unlit the lamp and closed her eyes, letting sleep take over her.
Jùnrén rubbed Ching’s stomach one more time before falling asleep himself.


After a few days, sun light penetrated the darkness of the room, as Jùnrén felt himself being held quite roughly. Jùnrén broke free and knocked the person off. He fought of some other people and went to look for his wife and son. Grabbing his sword, Jùnrén ventured outside the storage area only to see his wife and son being roughly handled by foreign men with long spear-like weapons. Jùnrén ran towards the men and knocked them out with his sheathed sword and stood in front of his family, readying himself to defend them.

As more foreign men came, they were suddenly stopped by loud, commanding bellow. The foreign men stopped and looked towards the source of the sound, only to bow down in their spots. Soon a middle-aged man appeared, he then asked the men in an unknown language.

Middle-aged man’s POV

What is going on here?” I asked the soldiers.
We were checking the storage and found that these strange aliens, have been resting in Weiß Dame’s storage, Sir Irvine Adal von Brandt Voltaire, sir! One of the aliens had attacked my men and rendered them unconscious, sir!” the captain, Rupert reported as he saluted.
I looked at these so called ‘aliens’ to see a woman embracing a child and a man ready to defend himself and the woman and child. I glared at Rupert for being so foolish to have his men attack this family and a pregnant woman.
Bumbling imbecile! Can you see the woman is pregnant?! And that little boy is just a child! No wonder the man knocked your soldiers out! He was defending his family!” I exclaimed angrily.
Though these people are definitely foreigners or aliens it gives Rupert and his men no vindication to treat them so rudely! These people are human none the less and acted on instinct. I walked towards the foreign family, only to receive a glare from the man.

The armed man readied himself to strike and said something in another language I didn’t understand. Though it was in a foreign language, I understood just by the tone and the look in his burning brown eyes. He said to keep away from my family. I nodded and extended my hand towards.
Come with me, I shall help you and your family. If you let me, I shall provide a home for you and your family, educate you and welcome you to my home…” I said, sincerely, hoping that my message has gotten across.
Sir! What are you doing!? These people are barbarians! I don’t think the King shall be pleased of his once most trusted Strahl has welcomed a couple of barbarians into the country! What happens if they are spies?!” Rupert exclaimed, shocked.
Rupert, these people are humans like we are, just because they looked different, speak a different language and act different does not give us a right to judge them. This man is protecting his family just like everyone does. These people breathe air and feel emotions like we do. I shall welcome them with open arms, regardless of there differences…” I replied.
B-but s-sir…” Rupert stammered
Silence!” I commanded.
Rupert shrank back at the sound of my voice. I looked at the man again. He seems deep in thought. He then looked at my hand and then at my face, he averted his gaze toward my hand again.

Finally, the man sighed and shook my hand as if he had no other choice. The woman and the son seem frightened but I would do them no harm. I shall teach them of our native German tongue and provide them a home. These people shall become something like a family to me. I shall not lose them. I will protect these people.