Naruto Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Honestly Clueless ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

 
(Still Karins pov)
 
I woke up the next morning and made my way to the Hidden Sand village. The guards at the wall stopped and questioned me, asking who I was, where I came from, why I was alone.
 
After many awkward questions they allowed me entrance so I could get some food. They were kind enough to give enough food to last me until I could reach the end of the Land of Wind, to the ocean where they told me to board a ship and stay on it for 7 days. I thanked the men and went on my way.
 
It took me two more days to reach the ocean. I saw they ship and gave the guy my ticket, that a kind lady in the Sand Village gave me. He allowed me to get on, not asking where my parents or guardian were.
 
I spent 7 days on this ship, only coming out of my room at meal time. The rest of the time I would rest from my long and tiring journey or else staring out at the ocean. I didn't get much sleep...the memories of the night would always come to me. I felt an overwhelming loneliness at the thought. My family was gone. I was going, who knows where, all alone. How would I survive? I haven't yet been able to activate my Sharingan...nor have I perfected the shuriken jutsu, or the Fireball jutsu Father had just taught me and Sasuke....but at least I still had several weapons left from home.
 
The thought of losing my twin brother, not knowing what happened to him, or if I'll ever see him again...made me want to cry. I felt the ship stop and looked out my window to see the British flag waving at the port. I got up and grabbed my bag that I had and made my way to the door.
 
(~~~ POV)
 
I was at the dock watching for an unaccompanied child to get off this ship. I had gotten some message that a young Japanese girl was traveling alone on this ship. She had special abilities, but no one to take care of her because her whole family had been killed.
 
I saw her, the young girl. She had fair skin, black eyes, and raven colored hair that went just past her shoulders. Karin Uchiha. That was the name of the child I was to take to the Whammy House. I watched as everyone left and the girl looked around as if unsure of where to go. I walked up to her carefully. She jumped in alarm when she saw me and jumped on to a roof of a two story building behind her.
 
I was shocked to say the least.
 
"Are you Karin Uchiha?" I asked her kindly. She nodded. "My name is Watari, and I'm here to take you to my orphanage. There are many children there and I am sure you'd make friends if you would like to join me." She watched me for a few moments, before jumping back down and nodding. I reached my hand out to her, which she took with only a little hesitation. I led the child to my car, and by the look on her face, she had never seen one before.
 
 "What is that?" She asked, staring at the car in front of her. I wondered how people travelled in her land.
 
"This is a car; we use it to travel near and far. How do people in your home travel?"
 
"We run from place to place. If we need to see the medical ninja we run to the hospital. We don't usually go out of our village unless we have a mission." She replied. I smiled down at the child who was still staring wide-eyed at the vehicle. I opened the door and helped her in, showing her how to buckle up.
 
(Karins POV)
 
*This old man seems to be very kind. But this place has so many strange things, like this car...I wish I could just go home...* I felt the car stop and the vibrations I felt disappeared. I looked up to see a large grey building with some children in the yard, playing. Watari helped me get out and I looked around. There were about 9 or 10 kids outside. There was only 1 kid that caught my eye. A boy, about my age who was sitting alone under a tall oak tree. He skin had black hair, black eyes and pale skin.
 
"L. Would you come over here?" Watari called, and the boy I was just looking out stood up from his strange crouching position and walked to us.
 
"Yes Watari?" L asked.
 
"This is Karin Uchiha. I would like for you to show her around." Watari asked the boy. He nods and walked over to me.
 
"Hi, I'm L. Would you like for me to show you around?" He asked kindly. I don't know why, but something about him made me want to trust him.
 
(L's POV)
 
I watched as Watari brought a new girl. This girl seemed interesting. She had fair skin, raven black hair and black eyes. And she wore a blue short sleeve shirt that had a weird symbol on the back. Kind of made me think of a ping-pong paddle. The top third of the symbol was red, while the rest was white. Watari called me over, asking me to give this new girl, Karin, a tour. I showed her all around, from the dining hall to the classrooms, to the garden in the back.
 
"So, Karin? What do you think?" I asked her. She looked over at me, a small smile on her face.
 
"I think I'd like this place.....Um L-kun?" She asked quietly. I looked down at her. She turned away shyly. " W-would you be my friend?" She asked me.
 
"Of course I will." I replied. She turned to me with a big smile on her face. She hugged me, causing me to blush.
 
"Thank you." she whispered. Watari came over to us, smiling down at Karin.
 
"L? Could you take Miss Karin to room 302? Oh, and Karin? I had to take your ninja tools. They are not allowed here." He told her. She nodded and the 2 of us went on our way. When we got there I led her into the room. Her bag was already in there and her things have been put away.
 
"You're room is right next to mine." I told her tapping on the wall beside her bed. "If you need anything don't hesitate to come over and talk. She nodded and thanked me for the tour and friendship.
 
I left the room to get ready for bed, wondering about the new friend I made. *Did Watari say 'ninja'? Was my new friend from a ninja clan? If so, why is she here and not with her family?*