Naruto Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Honestly Clueless ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

Note: I am adding some dreams in this chapter. Everything Italic is a dream.
_____________________________________________________________ __
 
(Karins POV)
 
I sat on my bed, thinking about how different my life was going to be. I no longer have my mother or father, no Sasuke either. As far as I know, I am the last of my clan (besides Big Brother). But on the upside I am in a new place, where I am not hated or feared because of what I carry inside of me. I can have a new life, make friends have fun, and not worry about dishonoring my clan. And, I also have L. With that thought, I slowly drifted off to sleep.
 
I was walking beside my older brother, who was carrying my twin brother Sasuke, after he hurt his ankle training. We were just passing the police station when Sasuke spoke up.
 
"Hey, Itachi? That's the place father works right?" My older brother nods, waiting for Sasuke to continue. "Why is the Clan's symbol part of the police insignia?"
 
“`Bout time you noticed. Let's see if I can explain for you two. Our ancestors were the ones who started the police force in the Hidden Leaf village. They honored them by adding our symbol to the insignia. Our clan has grown smaller over time, but we all work for the police force once we reach that level. It takes the best of ninja to find the criminals in or brethrens." He told us.
 
"Wow....On-ni-sama? Are you going to join the police force too?" I asked him. He looked thoughtful for a moment.
 
"I don't know"
 
"Well I'm gonna join! That's my dream!" Sasuke said, smiling at that thought.
 
"Me too! I want to join when I get strong enough!" I chimed in.
 
Sasuke and I were coming home late from school one day. It was just getting dark when we reached the Uchiha Estate. Sasuke and I stopped, noticing that something wasn't right. There were no sound of life, no footsteps, no doors closing, nothing.
 
"It's too early for everyone to be in bed." Sasuke stated, noting that all of the lights were off. We started running onto one of the side streets. And stopped in our tracks. Blood, bodies and weapons everywhere.....
 
(L's POV)
 
I woke up to hear someone crying. I listened harder and realized that the sound was coming from Karin's room. I quietly snuck out of my room and into hers.
 
"Karin?" I whispered to her. She made a sort of surprised squeak and jerked her head to me. I knew something was bothering her from her tear-stained face. I walked over to her bed and she threw her arms around me. I pulled her close to me, as I tried to comfort my crying friend. She seemed to relax when I held her, so I started rubbing slow circles on her back to calm her. I pulled away slightly when her crying reduced to quiet sobs.
 
"Are you alright Karin?" I asked gently. She nodded, resting her head on my shoulder.
"Was it a nightmare?" I asked. She nodded and whispered a single word that I was barely able to hear.
 
"Memories." I continued rubbing her back, smiling gently as she started to fall asleep on my shoulder once she was relaxed. I laid her down in her bed and tried to get up but she pulled me closer. "Please stay with me L." She begged sleepily. I sighed and allowed her to pull me onto the bed beside her. I wrapped my arms around her and fell asleep for the first time in quite a while.
 
(Next day Wataris POV)
 
Everyone was outside after lunch, enjoying the lovely weather. I watched some of the children play hopscotch and marbles. I was watching the hopscotch when I heard a voice behind me.
 
"Watari?" The voice asked kindly. I turned around to see young Lawliet staring at me with his big eyes.
 
"Yes?" I asked, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say.
 
"Where is Karin?"
 
"She's down by the small lake L. Are you wanting to hang out with her?" He nods as a reply, and then he thanks me and runs out to the garden in the back.
 
(Karins POV)
 
 I was out back by the small lake on the far end of the garden, training.
 
"Ok....let's see...Snake...ram....monkey...boar...horse...tiger." I performed said hand seals, focusing my chakra in my chest. I leaned back then forced forward, exhaling the fire out of my mouth.
 
"Not good enough." I told myself. I was gonna try again when I heard footsteps coming my way. I jumped to the tall tree, hiding myself. I watched carefully as L stopped by the lake. He was looking around like he was expecting someone.
 
"Karin?" He called.
 
*He's looking for me...*
 
"I'm up here, L-kun." He looked up into the tree and slid off the branch I was sitting on, so that I was standing upside down on it. He looked shocked by my stance.
 
"H-how are you doing that? Aren't you afraid that you're going to fall?" He asked me. I smiled.
 
"No, I'm not afraid of falling. I'm using my ninja skills..."
"Ninja skills?" He asked me. I nodded.
 
"Everyone in my family was ninja's. I learned how to do this by watching my cousins. I'm using chakra, the combination of physical and spiritual energy, to hold myself to the tree. I can also do this on water too." I told him.
Yeah...I'm advanced for my age. I jumped down and landed perfectly, right in front of L. He seemed surprised at first.
 
"What were you doing in the tree?" He asked me. I sighed inaudibly.
 
"A boy came over her a little while ago, and saw me training on my jutsu Father was had taught me and my twin brother. The boy called me a freak and started throwing rocks at me....but I was able to block all of his attacks with my Sharingan." I replied.
 
"Sharingan....ninja skills....jutsu...twin brother? Could you please explain?" The curiosity was evident of his face and in his voice.
 
*This is going to be a long explanation....*