Naruto Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Honestly Clueless ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]

(L's POV)
 
"Is there anything you already know about me, or that you might have guessed about my life and where I am from?" Karin asked as we sat down by the base of the tree she just jumped out.
 
''Well, I heard Watari say that you are from a well known ninja clan in Japan. And that you travelled a long ways all by yourself. From last night, I have thought that perhaps your reason for being here is because you have gone through a great loss and are now all alone." I told her. She nodded.
 
"Yep. I was born and raised in the Hidden Leaf Village in the Land of Fire, in Japan. I am from the well known, respected, and powerful Uchiha clan." She told me.
 
"You said something about a 'sharingan'. What is it?" I asked as she stopped for a second.
"My clan has a doujutsu, or bloodline trait. Its an eye skill called the sharingan. It gives me the ability to read a persons attack and defeat, or avoid it. I can also use it to instantly copy any jutsu I see, except that of another blood inheritance. However, in order to perform these jutsu I see, my body must be able to meet the chakra and physical requirements. The problem is, that I do not know how to use my sharingan very well, because I don't have anyone to teach me. I just now had activated it; the Sharingan isn't received at birth like most traits."
 
"What is chakra?" I asked as she stopped to breathe.
 
"Chakra is the combination of physical and spiritual energy. Ninja's learn to control it in order to perform jutsu."
 
"And jutsu?" I asked, wanting to know as much about her as I could. This girl was very interesting.
 
"Jutsu is just our attacks. There are 3 main types: Genjutsu, ninjutsu and taijutsu. Genjutsu is the art of illusions, my clans main type of jutsu. We use illusions to trap our enemies. Ninjutsu are chakra based attacks that inflict damage. And taijutsu are the hand-to-hand combat." She stopped again, probably wanting to see if I have any more questions.
 
"You said that you had a twin brother. What other family do you have?"
 
(Karins POV)
 
 I knew this question was going to come up. I decide that I would have to tell him everything.
 
"I had a mother, a father, an older brother and a twin brother, as well as aunts and uncles and cousins."
 
 "Had? You mean you don't have them anymore?" I sadly shook my head.
 
"Their dead...well most of them anyway.." He went to say something else but I shook my head, stopping him from opening his mouth. "My older brother Itachi was a prodigy. He graduated from the ninja academy in a single year, and he mastered his Sharingan when he was 8. He became a chunin at the age of 10, then he recently made it into my villages police force. My Father was always praising him. It was always 'Itachi this, Itachi that.' My twin brother Sasuke and I never got complimented on anything. The highest praise we ever got from his was when we got our first report cards. Father said 'Keep excelling like this and you'll be like your brother in no time.' He praises to us were still focused on my older brother.
 
"But one day, when several of our cousins came to the house, suspecting Itachi of murdering our cousin, he went off on them. When my father asked him to explain his behavior, he simply stated ' This clan has no future.' That was a month or two ago. Then about 2 weeks ago, Sasuke and I were coming home late from school, it was about dusk. We knew something strange was going on because there were no lights on in our estate or were there any sounds coming from inside the houses. We ran to the house to find that the whole clan was killed. Itachi killed them all." I stopped to think of a way to explain what happened next and L gasped.
 
"He said that he killed our cousin to get to the next level. The Mangekyo Sharingan. An all powerful eye, I don't know what it does; I don't know anything about it. Sasuke told me to run, and here I am now."
 
(Ls POV)
 
Wow, she has been through so much lately. No wonder she had trouble sleeping last night.
 
"Is that why you couldn't sleep last night; were those the memories you were having?" I asked her, she nodded and I pulled her close. "I see. I will do everything I can to help you through this. I promise." I told her, smiling gently. She smiled back.
 
"Thank you." She replied.
 
 "So what were you doing out here?" I asked her, hoping to get her in a better mood. Her eyes gleamed.
 
"I was working on new ways to perform my fireball jutsu. I was thinking about trying it while spinning on the water. But I want to be able to control it better before I do that around anyone."
 
"Can I see?" I asked. She grinned and nodded.
 
 "But stand back, I don't want to burn you." She replied. I nodded and stayed a few feet behind her as she started making strange signs with her hands and saying animal names.
 
"Snake, ram, boar, horse, tiger" She took a deep breath holding it in as she bent back slightly then jerked forward letting out a huge ball of fire.
 
"Wow! That was amazing Karin!" I told her truthfully.
 
"You really think so?" She asked shyly, something she has never done around me before. I nodded and she grinned. That seemed to have cheered her up. She relaxed then started walking on the water. The water was moving around her as if she was controlling it without moving her body. How is she doing that?