Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Legacy ❯ Oh What A Lovely Welcome ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heyy everyone!!I hope you liked the last chappy!! :D Enjoy enjoy!!
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Disclaimer: Do I really hafta say it?? `sigh' alright I do NOT own Inuyasha, Naruto, or any of their characters… I only own this fic and it's plot
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Returning Legacy of a Hidden Village
Note: This fic takes place after Orochimaru attacked the village and after the Third Hokage was killed but Kagome obviously has not been informed of anything that has happened since she left.
Oh and warning there will be bashing of the teenaged harpy known as Sakura and I've seen what happens when fans of her read fics that bash her so if you're a fan then I advise you to go over to the top right corner of the webpage and click that wonderful red box with the pretty white `X' to exit. Just cause you like her doesn't mean I have to… my fic, my rules. I write basically what I want, not you. So you can flame me all you want about `Sakura isn't a crazy, obsessive, whiny little bitch!!' cause frankly I wouldn't give. All I can say is, don't like it? Then Don't read it.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
-Character Detail-
Kagome Higurashi
Characteristics: Female, age 15, long blue black wavy hair that reaches the middle of her back. Sapphire eyes but morphs into eyes that contain diamond shaped pupils with four small diamonds surround it when activated by her kekkei genkai: Seishigan.
Abilities: Contains ultimate miko power, controls elements with and without jutsu. Seishigan is a kekkei genkai specializing in every psychological control technique known and then some.
Goal: To prove herself worthy of her clan.
Naruto Uzumaki
Characteristics: Male, age 15, short spiky blond hair. Sky blue eyes. Demonic red eyes when activating fox chakra.
Abilities: Contains fox demon chakra that can be reached purposely and accidentally. The Rasengan (Spiral Chakra Sphere): a jutsu that Minato Namikaze (his father) created after three years of development. It is a spinning ball of chakra formed in the user's hand that grinds into whatever it comes into contact with. Taught to him by Jiraiya. The Shadow Clone Technique is used to create any number of actual, not illusionary, copies of the user. The clones are capable of interacting with their surroundings, performing jutsu, and thus damaging an opponent. They will disperse in a puff of smoke when sufficiently damaged or at the clones' discretion
Goal: To achieve recognition and become Hokage to prove himself to the village.
Sasuke Uchiha
Characteristics: Male, age 15, long obsidian hair that's mildly spiky. Black eyes that change to demonic red and pinwheels when the Sharingan is activated.
Abilities: Sharingan which gives increased perception and allows to memorize and replicate any jutsu seen if they have the proper ability to do so. Can see through genjutsu and different forms of chakra. The Chidori (One Thousand Birds): a jutsu created by Kakashi Hatake , formed by channeling lightning-based chakra to one's hand. This high concentration of electricity produces a sound reminiscent of chirping birds, hence it name. Once enough lightning-chakra has been collected the user rushes at their target and thrusts the Chidori into it, causing heavy amounts of damage that is usually fatal to humans.
Goal: To get his revenge of his clan by killing his older brother, Itachi Uchiha.
Sakura Haruno
Characteristics: Female, age 15, bubblegum pink hair that reaches down to her shoulders. Jade green eyes.
Abilities: Precise chakra control and above average intellect.
Goal: To become Sasuke's wife.
Kakashi Hatake
Characteristics: Male, age 26, long silver hair that deifies gravity. One left black eye and the other with the active Sharingan that is `turned off' by covering it with his hitai-ate.
Abilities: Sharingan which gives increased perception and allows to memorize and replicate any jutsu seen if they have the proper ability to do so. Can see through genjutsu and different forms of chakra. The Chidori (One Thousand Birds): a jutsu created by himself, formed by channeling lightning-based chakra to one's hand. This high concentration of electricity produces a sound reminiscent of chirping birds, hence it name. Once enough lightning-chakra has been collected the user rushes at their target and thrusts the Chidori into it, causing heavy amounts of damage that is usually fatal to humans.
Goal:…Unknown…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Oh What a Lovely Welcoming--
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Kagome's Thoughts—
#Naruto's Thoughts#
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--On top of the Hospital roof—
`clash' `thud' `clash' `boom' These sounds were heard throughout the vicinity as two teenage boys fought. You could hear the repeating clashes of kunai, the thuds of feet and various body parts hitting the ground as they fell, the sounds of flesh hitting flesh and explosions caused by their jutsu along with their gasping breaths.
“Sasuke-kun! Naruto-kun! Please, stop!!” A pink haired, green-eyed, 15-year-old girl screamed at her two teammates as she stood at the sidelines in the open, watching in despair as they fought.
Tears pooled in her eyes. She didn't understand, why were they doing this?!
And the fighting continued on, for they ignored her very presence.
Hidden in the shadows were two adults, jonin and sannin. Observing with wary eyes, they watched as their two students fought with one another. The jonin, known as Kakashi and Sasuke's `mentor', watched every move intently with his Sharingan. The sannin, Jiraiya and also Naruto's `mentor', watched just as intently.
And that's all they could do for now, the adults thinking it was best for the two teammates to settle their differences themselves right now, and as for the girl, Sakura… well it wasn't as if she could actually do anything to stop them…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
At the same time-
--Outside the gates of Konoha--
After exactly a week and a day of long, heavy, and weary traveling she finally returned home and Kagome never felt better. As she gazed at the village gates she sighed in relief that her journey to Konoha had finally come to an end.
She was dead exhausted from her never ending travel, especially from all the rogue ninjas that kept on attacking her. Apparently they didn't take kind to mysterious figures in whole body cloaks, and therefore felt the need to throw a `few' kunai at her. At first she just ignored them, out running the ninjas whenever she came across them.
But after the first… ohh maybe five or so ninjas made an attempt on her life, it got kinda annoying so she decided to fight back. Using a jutsu, `Botanic Hypnosis' it made it so that whenever a ninja with ill intent came within fifty feet of her range, vines shot out to entangle themselves around the limbs of the rogue ninja so that they wouldn't even get a glance to see her pass by.
As she closed the short distance between herself and the gate she felt something she hadn't felt in for so long. Two, extremely powerful chakra spikes, and the thing was that they were familiar too… ones that she hasn't felt since she left as well
Thinking something serious was going to occur she quickly ran through the village gates and towards the two power surges. As she past through the gates, she noticed something, and snorted. --Wow, whata surprise, not even one guard at the gates… it's seriously surprising the village hasn't been invaded just yet--
…Oh what a surprise she'll be in when she finally realizes how much she missed in the past three years…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Hospital Roof--
Naruto and Sasuke faced each other off, their stares cold, calculating, wary and suspicious of the other's next move.
Sasuke rushed forward, catching Naruto off guard with his agility, and did a roundhouse kick against Naruto's jaw, effectively knocking him to the ground and causing him to roll over repeatedly.
Sasuke smirked down at his `opponent' He opened his mouth, “C'mon dobe… don't tell me this is the best you can do?” he commented, smugness underlining his tone.
Naruto slowly turned his head to look at Sasuke from his position on the ground with deadly intent shining in his eyes. Little by little he pushed himself up. Slumping a bit as he attempted to stand he swiped the dribble of blood that tempted to trickle from the corner of his mouth and down his chin. Glaring at Sasuke he gritted out, “Not. Even. Close,” he paused to smirk at Sasuke. “…te-me…”
Sakura whimpered slightly at the feral and determined faces they made. She wanted this to stop; they were a team! Didn't that mean anything to them?! Team members shouldn't fight each other like this!!
Her head turned away from the scene, her emerald eyes clenching shut as she tried to keep the image of her two teammates from her mind, the image of them covered in numerous injuries caused by the other.
Sasuke growled out in anger. As a result he prepared his newly learned, specialized, technique… the Chidori, a ball of cackling lighting forming in the palm of his hand, a sound of chirping resonating in the air around them. Sasuke smirked at Naruto evilly, believing he had the upper hand since he `knew' Naruto had nothing compared to this.
This was right in a sense, because Naruto had something that was even better… something much better and stronger and a lot more effective…
…and pretty much shocked the shit outta Sasuke when Naruto performed his `Shadow Clone Jutsu' and channeled his own new and specialized technique… the Rasengan, a ball of blue swirling chakra spinning in his hands.
Yet it only put Sasuke off for a small moment before he started glaring at his blond teammate so darkly that you could feel the fury fueled flames within.
Completely ignoring the intensity of the attack, Sasuke went forward, sprinting towards Naruto with a look of rage.
Naruto, witnessing his opponent's action, followed his example, and with a steely, determined face he also sprinted forward.
Closer and closer they came with each other, intent on causing the other injury.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Same time:
--Back to Kagome—
As Kagome ran through the village she felt the chakra signals getting closer and closer.
She ran past various homes, apartments, districts, buildings, and so on, faintly recognizing some of them. While doing so she reminisced in the memories that washed over her.
She first past by the Ninja Academy, and smirked softly as she remembered all of the… poignant events… that occurred there.
She faintly heard voices in her head, tuning to those memories as her eyes lost their focus for a bit. `'Hahahahh!! Kaggie-chan ya gonna get in sooo much trouble when Iruka-sensei comes in and sits down at his de-esk!!' A loud voice snickered out. --- `Hahaha yeah right Naru-kun! What he doesn't know won't hurt him and he won't eeeevver know it was mewho put super bonding glue on his chair… and then I won't get in any trouble!! So promise you won't tell?!' A tinkling voice snickered out back. `Hehe okay promise, but you better tell him that it wasn't me who did it either since he'll accuse me first!—`Hahahh okie dokie!!' The sound of hands clapping together was heard in a high five.'
Kagome chuckled softly, shaking her head --Good times… good times...--she thought wryly.
Refocusing on her surroundings she noticed that she was sprinting past the gates of the Uchiha district.
She had a distinct memory while her eyes lost complete focus as it overcame her. `whooshh' `gasp' `Wow Sasuke-kun!! That was awesome!! How did you learn that?! I wanna learn that!! Can you teach it to me?! Huh?! Huh?! Pwetty pweeeease!!' a sweet voice pleaded.—`Chuckling' “Okay! okay! Hahahh calm down Kago-chan!! I'll try to teach the Katon: Fire style jutsu (sp?) to you and see how it goes, it's not a very easy one to learn so be prepared…-- `cheering' `Yayyy!! Thanks soooo much Sasu-kun!! I'll do my best, promise!! I'm so glad you're one of my best friends!!'
She returned to the living world, and her eyes widened marginally.
“Oh crap.” She cursed. She channeled her chakra to her feet, before pushing down on the ground and going up… Just barely missing the concrete wall of a random building she was one foot away from…
--phew-- Kagome thought. “Thank Kami for really quick reflexes… I seriously need to watch where I'm going.” She chastised herself as she continued on her path.
When she reached about two thirds to her destination, the tiny hairs on her neck rose slightly as she got closer and closer.
Damnnnn.” Kagome whistled out in, what seems like, excitement?
--Well, well, I wonder what all the fuss is about over there… seems some pretty heavy training they got going down…-- She thought, restless to witness the scene that was going between two people whom she was familiar with.
But that was before she felt the huge, life threatening chakra spikes. --What the hell?!? Oh fuck that's not training at all… Naruto and Sasuke are fighting and to the freakin death with how serious and angry their auras are…--
Immediately she picked up the pace, determined to stop whatever battle that was occurring for not only did she feel an ominous feeling about what's to come, but for the fact that…
--I'm so gonna kick both their ass for fighting like this… dammit all, they said they we're gonna get alongwith each other while I'm gone, not be at each other's throats… rude little jerks…--
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Hospital Roof, again
They were getting closer and closer, and it was only a matter of time before they both collided.
The legendary sannin's and the copy jonin's eyes widened in shock, and they got ready to interfere.
Sakura, horrified at the scene, did the first thing that crossed her mind… to foolishly run between her two teammates to prevent the attacks.
Holding her arms out, palms toward Naruto and Sasuke, she shrieked in a pleading voice. “Noo!! Stop this!”
Naruto's eyes widened marginally in fear as Sasuke's did the same in surprise.
Sakura flinched, shutting her eyes from the world after seeing the attacks closing in on her.
The two teenaged boys closed the distance, attacks on the verge and unable to stop.
The two sensei made their move to come between before they halted in shock, as a peculiar blue and white barrier encased Sakura.
Suddenly two cloaked figures jumped smack dabbed in front Naruto and Sasuke and as swift as lightning they blocked their attacks and sent them crashing into the huge water tanks that surrounded the corners of the roof.
All was silent save for the sounds of ragged breathing coming from the two rivals/friends and the hyperventilating coming from the pink haired girl still flinching from within the barrier, coupled with the sound of rushing water draining from the tanks.
Sakura, who now just opened her eyes after realizing that she was still very much alive, gazed at the barrier with stupefied wonder.
Two voices simultaneously spoke, breaking the droning silence. “Now, now guys,” the soft, yet ticked off, feminine voice surprised them all, “you should really stop fighting… someone could get killed.” The sarcasm was clearly evident.
Sasuke narrowed his eyes, “Who are you?” he demanded coldly, irritated at 'the stranger'.
The figure still in front of him clucked her tongue, a little miffed by his attitude. “Well you don't have to be so rude about it ya know… I mean geeze, you're acting like sucha jerk when I just did you a favor… meanie, hmph.” She ranted before turning her head away and crossing her arms, muttering something along the lines of `emo kid… ain't got no respect for no one.'
Hearing this Sakura became appalled. “Hey! You can't talk to Sasuke-kun like that! Who do you think you are?! Apologize right now or else!”
As all of this was happening, Naruto, who was strangely quiet at a moment like this, gaped at the hidden person in front of him. He heard that statement somewhere before and something clicked in his mind.
Flashback
It was lunchtime on an ordinary day at the academy. As usual, an eight year-old Naruto sat alone on the swing tacked up on a protruding limb. The only thing different about this day was that he forgot his lunch at home.
#If you could even call it a home#Naruto thought, thinking dejectedly about his little secluded apartment.
He observed the other kids as they talked with friends and ate their lunch. He gazed at them in envy, just wishing someone would at least talk to him, and even look at him without hatred or disgust invading their eyes… that's not a lot to ask for, right…?
Apparently it was...
Looking up at the flurry of branches and leaves of the tree above him, he could faintly smell the scent of the variety of food as it swept past him, just tickling his nose. `grrroooowllll' He fidgeted a bit, looking down at his stomach, silently chiding himself for forgetting his lunch.
Before he could register what happened, a cup of hot, steaming, instant ramen was basically shoved into his face, a tiny hand wrapped around it. Naruto's eyes widened as he took a tentative wistful sniff.
His eyes fluttered in ecstasy as his mouth watered heavily as he gulped. He stared at the slim, childish hand for a bit, before letting his gaze trail from the hand to the arm and up to the face of the owner.
He gaped a little, before shutting his mouth with a barely audible `snap'
It was a girl. A girl was actually within two feet of him, and willingly-he assumed- too… and not just any girl either. This was one of the most popular girls in the academy, and her name was Kagome Higurashi. Thing was she didn't flaunt it, nor did it seem like she wanted to be as popular too, a case of modesty you could say.
He had overheard many great things about this girl... one mainly being that she was cute.
Naruto had only a few glances of her, and even then they were short and from afar, for he sat in the opposite side of the commodious room and they had never crossed paths before. Still at the time he thought the rumors were actually right for once and that she was very cute. But now that he saw her close up with his own eyes he realized those rumors weren't entirely true, she wasn't just very cute… no, from what he saw she was an absolutely, amazingly pretty girl.
Her round, tan face and the shy, modest expression she wore did make her cute but her best feature from what he thought were the clear, sparkling, sapphire eyes that stared back at him. They shone with kindness and joy, making them more dazzling. This girl had medium length black hair that had a blue tint to it. Her bangs were long, and covered her eyes when she looked down in embarrassment.
A small, shy, timid voice snapped him out of his reverie.
Uhm… do you want this?” Kagome gestured to the cup she held with a nod of her head.
Naruto's bright blue eyes lit up and widened considerably at the aspect of food, before quickly narrowing in suspicion. “Why?” he asked warily, his tone suspicious.
Kagome cocked her head to the side, eyes expressing their confusion. “Huh?” she responded, wanting him to clarify.
Naruto just looked away before speaking. “Whyare ya giving me your lunch? What's your reason? Ya want something for it, is that it? Or is this some kind of trick or dare or whatever? Cause if it is, then just leave me alone, I'm not here for anyone's kicks and giggles.” His tone was sad but angry and his words were harsh.
Kagome reeled back at what he said, gaping at him in shock. It took her a full four seconds before shutting her gapping mouth. It took only one more before her annoyance consumed her. Kagome clucked her tongue, a little miffed by his attitude. “Well you don't have to be so rude about it ya know… I mean geeze, you're acting like sucha jerk when I'm trying to do you a favor… meanie, hmph.” She ranted before turning her head away and crossing her arms, muttering something along the lines of `try to be nice but I just get it shoved right back in my face.'
When she caught her breath she looked up to see Naruto staring at her stunned with owlish eyes, gapping at her just she did earlier.
Kagome sighed, calming down significantly, before looking to the side. “Look,” she started out, softly. “I didn't come over here to yell or do anything sneaky…. Sheesh I'm not like some of these kids here that have a hidden agenda and I'm not someone who bullies people. That's stupid, mean, and degrading. I just came over here to see if…” she paused, hesitant, but shook her head before continuing “… to see if we could be friends…” As she said this, she looked back at Naruto, revealing nervous eyes.
As soon as Naruto took in those eyes, his own widened in surprise. “You.Wanna be friends.With me?” he asked her slowly, stumped at the idea.
Kagome just nodded curtly.
Naruto stared at her in silence for a moment before speaking. “Why?” he pressed.
Kagome looked a little puzzled, her eyebrows drawn together, and asked him her own question. “I need a reason to want to be your friend?”
Naruto now looked exasperated. “Well yea, I mean aren't yah one of themost popular girls in the academy? Don't yah already have tons of friends following you around everywhere you step, and anyone who ain't yah friend comes up to ya and asks you themselves? Why outta of everyone here, youcome to me askin to be friends? It just doesn't make any sense.” He explained, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
As Naruto was saying all of this Kagome looked to the ground, her teeny arms draped around her waist, her right hand still holding the ramen cup of noodles.
Suddenly faint sniffles were heard and Naruto panicked. “Kagome?!” He asked worriedly.
Kagome finally looked up at him, water gathering in her eyes, she was shaking a little.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's wrong?! What's with the crying'?! What did I say that's making' ya cry?!?”
Apparently he didn't see the anger swelling up in her eyes either… his mistake.
Kagome fiercely wiped left her arm across her eyes, getting rid of the tears. Her eyes were blazing. “So what if I ampopular?!? Ya think I like being popular? Cause it really sucks! Do ya seriously think that any of those shallow kids are actually my friends?! There just trying' to be popular themselves by acting like my friends. I'm not anything special, never was and never will be. I'm just like everyone else so I don't understand why people think I'm soooooo popular.” Her voice took a sarcastic turn in that last bit.
Most of the kids here are fake, and are just trying to impress people for the wrong reason; to get popular themselves. To them I'm not a `friend' but just a tool to be used and abused and tossed away when they're done. I don't think I have a true friend in this academy, not one who I can talk to about everything and they would actually listen. There are only a few genuine people here that don't care for popularity. They care about themselves and the people around them for the right reasons, and the real important things in the world…” she trailed off, just watching Naruto for his reaction.
His panicked look faded into understanding. “Oh… I never thought of it like that. I just thought you would be happy enough that you have everyone around you trying to be your friend, instead of having no one at all…”
Kagome shook her head. “Nope, the opposite of that actually. It's weird to feel so crowded but lonely at the same time. Plus none of them are fun anyways. The girls that follow me are fan girls” she paused to shudder at the thought.
Naruto laughed at that.
Kagome smiled at him before continuing. “What? Fan girls are so annoying and all they talk about is the guy they're obsessing over. How would you like it if all you heard was gushing about how cute a guy is all the time? It's like get a grip, we're only eight and they're imagining their marriage life with the poor guy.”
Naruto busted out laughing hard and loud, forcing him to grip the ropes of the swings tightly so he didn't fall off.
Ugh and the fan boys...” she trailed off, shuddering harder at that thought. Naruto snickered and Kagome smiled at him. “..Yea well I'm not going into that.”
Naruto calmed down and thought of something. “Sooo, where do I fit in all of this? I still don't get it…” he confessed, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.
Kagome gave him a deadpanned look. She shook her head, amused. “Well, lemme see how I can put this nicely.” She smiled wryly.
Naruto feigned hurt, and dramatically put his left hand over his chest. “You wound me Kagome, right here.” He patted his chest twice.
Kagome laughed. “Wrong hand smart one, your heart is on the other side.”
Naruto grinned at her. “Oh I know… I was just checking if you did too.”
Kagome shook her head again and sobered up. “Ok so where you fit into in my rant... lemme see, lemme see… oh yea!! You fit in the group of few people who actually seem real and don't worry about the stupid things but the things that matter… yep that's it”
Naruto smiled at her in response. “Well gee thanks, now I feel like all figured out and I have no mystery in my life anymore... now how else am I going to charm the girls when they see I'm not mysterious?”
Kagome started to laugh hard at that, so hard that she had to hand off the ramen cup of noodles to Naruto before she crushed the cup herself.
After coughing a bit to control her laughter she looked at Naruto to find him snickering at her. She looked over to the ramen noodle cup.
You know, you should probably eat that before it gets cold, and plus lunch is gonna end soonish.”
Naruto looked at the cup in has hand, surprised. “You're really not hungry?” he asked Kagome curiously.
She shook her head. “Nope, not at all. I brought a snack and sneaked it in class so I'm good.”
Naruto gave her a grateful grin. “Thanks!!!... oh and sorry bout earlier, I just thought you were going to make fun of me, like others do.”
Kagome snorted lightly, “Yea well you didn't have to freak about it,” she paused to grin at him., “But it's aright so it's all good. No hard feelings?”
Naruto nodded. “Believe it!” he exclaimed.
Kagome grinned, and held out her hand. “Well lemme introduce myself `appropriately', I'm Kagome Higurashi, nice to meet you.”
Naruto grinned along with her and held out his hand and shook it with hers. “Same here and the name's Naruto Uzumaki… friends?”
She smirked. “Believe it!”
And that was the start of two best friends' relationship.
End of Flashback
Naruto snapped out of it just in time to see the two hidden figures stand before his female teammate and hear their response for what Sakura screamed at them.
“Lookie hear billboard girl, you could have died right now if I didn't intervene… just one of those attacks are enough to kill you, or at least put you out of commission for a while. Do you realize that?” the person snapped, irritated at Sakura's behavior.
Sakura blinked owlishly, realizing that they were right.
The stranger didn't stop to let Sakura speak up. “Be a little grateful why don't you, and stop acting like a little know it all. What if I don't apologize huh? What? Are you gonna fight me?” the figure snorted, “Just get over yourself.”
Sakura stared at the figure who spoke, stunned at what they said, and would have said something back if she wasn't interrupted by Naruto unconscious comment.
“Kagome…?”
Every head snapped towards Naruto at what he said, included the adults.
Sapphire eyes stared at Naruto in surprise before they changed to amusement. The figure who spoke to Sakura sighed and shook their head in mock disappointment. The other figure that didn't spoke at all during the whole time `poofed' away.
The remaining one slowly pushed down her hood, and smirked at Naruto. “Awhh how'd ya guess?! I was gonna have so much fun messing with you guys too.” Her smirk turned to a chesire grin.
Gasps sounded throughout the roof as they saw her face.
A grin broke out on Naruto's face. “Kagome!!” He shot towards her and gathered her up in a hug. Lifting her up, he spun her around in the air, their mingling laughter filling the area around them.
Kagome, who was still laughing and being spun around, spoke. “Ok, ok haha you can put me down anytime Naru-kun!”
He did as he was asked and slowed down before setting Kagome down gently. He still embraced her as he studied her face. He took notice of the sapphire eyes he missed so dearly as the glittered with contained mirth. If it was even possible Naruto's grin grew. “You're back!” he exclaimed. “I can't believe it!”
Kagome gave him a big grin of her own. “Well believe it, cause I'm back to stay!”
Naruto stared at her with some kind of unknown emotion before holding her tightly in a hug. “Kami Kags…” he breathed out. “You don't know how much I missed you…”
Kagome laughed softly, hugging him back just as tight. “I think I have a pretty good idea.”
She sighed contently as she rested her head against Naruto's chest, breathing in his forestry scent.
Naruto was a good head taller than Kagome so he laid his head against hers and breathed in her own scent… passion fruit and vanilla.
He smiled against her head as she spoke. “It's been so long…more than three years since anyone here in Konoha has been graced with your presence.” He said the last part teasingly.
Kagome gave a small smirk. “Yea, it has been pretty long since I left here… I've missed this place… and I missed you too ya know…” She paused as she lifted to stare up at him and gave him an apologetic smile. “I'm sorry I had to leave for a long time, I wished I stayed with you and team seven… though I could do without a certain someone…” she muttered, thinking of the pink haired whiner on the team.
Naruto snickered when he heard that.
Kagome's smirk grew. “I missed eating ramen with you and playing pranks on the unsuspecting residents of Konoha. Oh but I bet Kakashi was at least happy about one thing when I went away… me and you paired up on the same team would have been a nightmare for him.” Kagome started to snicker when she thought of the silver jonin she was familiar with.
Naruto laughed and shook his head at her, but agreed.
A voice sounded out throughout the roof, breaking up their little reunion.
“Awhhh, what about us Kaggie-chan? I thought you loved us too… don't tell me you forgot everyone else you left behind? I'm pretty sure we all missed you and want a hug too.”
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Words: 4,571
Phew I'm finally finished, and it's all thanks to you reviewers… and the cup of coffee I'm currently holding in my left hand as I'm typing lol, I guess to finally get this done I need a good of caffeine. I need to drink that more often hehe. Sorry there wasn't much that happened in this chappy.
Don't forget to review pwease!!! It's not to hard really, just click the button right below this note that says `write review'!! XD
-RainLily