Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Legacy ❯ Take Down ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Woo!! How are you guys!?! Heheh sorry bout the long endless suffering wait.
 
It's been like two months maybe? Eh, sorry. Major case of writers block had me taking a hiatus.
 
And school started, so writing time has been cut even shorter. I'm a junior and I'm taking two college level classes, and three honor ones… not very fun.
 
But anywhoo I'd imagine it was harder for all of you anxious readers that probably want to maim me for taking such a long time away! Sorry again!
 
But yay!! No more seriousness and back to funny times!! That serious stuff was boring me to death! I like the funny stuff better!! Hehe. Though the fight scene was intense, even for me, to write. I really got into, and my fingers were like typing at the speed of light. Talk about cramping. ;P
 
Review replies are at the end!! Read, review, and of course enjoy!!
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer: I do not, and never will not, own Inuyasha, Naruto, or their characters. :'(
 
Warnings- Spoilers!! There's gonna be some spoilers about Itachi's reasoning for killing the clan so if you haven't read that far and you want to be surprised then you should wait up on reading this.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Returning Legacy of a Hidden Village—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Kagome's Thoughts—
#Naruto's Thoughts#
/Sasuke's Thoughts/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Ages—
 
Team 7, 8, and 10: 15
 
Team Guy: 16
 
Kakashi: 26
 
Guy: 29
 
Kurenai: 23
 
Asuma: 25
 
Jiraiya:43
 
Tsunade:41
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last Time;
 
Naruto caught her before she hit the ground.
 
Kagome yawned. “Are we done now? I wanna go back to sleep…”
 
Tsunade laughed softly, giving her a small smile. “'Course you can… you did a great job hon.”
 
Kagome smiled. “Thanks…” And her eyes fluttered to a close she floated to the world of unconsciousness.
 
But before she closed her eyes completely, blue eyes stared into hers. “Sweet dreams Kag-chan…”
 
“G'night Naru-kun…” she mumbled incoherently.
 
An older, masculine voice filled her head. “Oh and Gome-chan? You pass.”
 
Kagome laughed sleepily. “Sweet, thanks Kashi-sensei.” And she promptly fell asleep.
 
Kakashi chuckled at her. “No problem Gome-chan… no problem at all. You deserve it…” he murmured softly to her.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Take down—
 
--5 days later--
 
Sapphire eyes darkened by drowsiness blinked open slowly. Under the fluttering lethargic lids they peered out and attempted to focus, zeroing in on a familiar speckled rectangular figure in front of them when they did so.
 
These sapphire eyes widened in horrified realization as Kagome's mouth dropped open in a aghast fashion.
 
Soon enough, a strangled, terrified scream escaped her mouth, echoing through the room and slipping into the halls as her eyes clamped shut tightly, willing for this to be all just some kind of sick nightmare.
 
The sound made the nurses, healers, and visitors alike jump, startle, and a millisecond later the cavalry came; a couple of nurses and some visitors came running towards the sound.
 
With the scream still in effect Kagome overheard the thudding and stomping of feet. Their head swiveled to the door as it proceeded to be slammed open with a `pang' eyes still shut.
 
The nurses came in hurriedly, anxiously checking the stats on the monitor and Kagome herself. Questions flooded their minds as they searched for the cause of Kagome's ongoing screams.
 
The visitors charged in wildly. One of them faster than the others, skidded to a stop, blue eyes razing crazily. His eyes locked on the source of the still ongoing scream, “Kagome?!? What's wrong?!” Naruto yelled out, alarm flashing in his eyes and concern coating his voice when he discovered her, eyes shut tight and mouth wide open in a scream.
 
Kagome's mouth clicked shut and she opened her eyes to reveal her horrified blue orbs “I'm in a freaking hospital!! That's what's wrong!! Get me OUT. Don't care what you do, as long as I'm not surrounding by this-this-this hellish horror vortex of never-ending whiteness!”
 
If it wasn't already obvious waking up in a hospital wasn't really on the top of the list of things she would like to do; it was too blah… white, white, white… would it kill anyone to get some happy bright colors in this dreary old place?
 
She wouldn't be surprised if someone went crazy because of it, hell even she wasn't doubtful she'd be on that very same path if she stayed in here much longer.
 
Naruto blinked a couple of times before he rolled his eyes and snorted at her. Was she kidding? “Geeze, seriously? I thought you were getting attacked or dying or something.” He wasn't just saying that either, with her track record it wasn't something he'd second guess.
 
Kagome gasped. “This is so much worse than that Naruto-kun!!” It was horrifying, terrifying, petrifying, and a quadruple bazillion more other negative big words.
 
He gave her a blank look. Riiight… “Uh huh, sure it is…”
 
Kagome pouted, and crossed her arms and huffed. “… jerk off…” she mumbled to herself and snickered when Naruto glared at her half-heartedly.
 
While he `glared', he took a closer look at her, taking in her features and came to one decision; she looked like she went through hell and back… hair mussed, purple bruises under eyes signifying that she was restless during her slumber, pale and thinner from spending a little more than a week away from the fresh outdoors… but still, no matter what kind of injuries she went through he'd always think she was pretty, especially with the little pink blush coating her cheeks. He snickered quietly.
 
Noting his intense stare Kagome fidgeted a little, and she felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment… she had no idea how she looked but if she knew it wasn't very flattering since she was spending her time in a hospital away from a hot shower, a hairbrush, and toothbrush. She knew she looked weak and vulnerable right now and she didn't want Naruto to see that and the fact she looked terrible.
 
The nurses rolled their eyes at her now, and they left passing two of the other visitors who looked on confused when they saw them leaving.
 
Seeing their looks the nurses just shook their heads before going back to their previous work.
 
The two other visitors looked at each other, before the oldest one stuck his head in. He looked at Naruto. “Is… everything alright?” he asked warily.
 
Naruto glanced at him and waved it away. “Everything s'ok…” he glanced at Kagome, a teasing glint in his eyes. “Kagome-chan's just freakin' out about stayin' in the hospital…” he grinned cheekily when Kagome stuck her tongue out at him.
 
The man who had his head peeked in, Kakashi, chuckled while he shook his head.
 
The other, more younger visitor, snorted, and entered the room. “Of course…” Sasuke drawled as he picked a spot against a wall and leaned against it.
 
Kagome pouted. “Nyaa! You're all against me!! No fair!” she whined.
 
Naruto snickered at her. “So how do you feel? You've been out for five days sleeping beauty.” He teased.
 
Kagome gaped at him with disbelief and turned to peer at Kakashi and Sasuke for confirmation. They nodded.
 
Kagome's eyes widened even more. “What?!” she exclaimed wildly. Her head snapped to Naruto. “No way!! How is that possible?!?” she yelled out, appalled.
 
Her three friends turned blank looks at her; did she seriously just ask that?
 
“You did not just ask that…” Sasuke muttered… he couldn't believe his best friend, he never knew she was that clueless, it must be because she's been spending so much time with the blond haired, blue eyed ninja who'd been infatuated with her for years on out.
 
Kagome blinked at him, and nodded. “Yes I did! Almost a week!? Come on!” She didn't understand what the big deal was! 5 days was a long time to be unconscious just because of a small fight with Itachi, no matter how extensive the injuries… she had worst than this and she still woke up in record time!
 
Kakashi snorted. “In the span of three days you managed to pass out from exhaustion, get blown up and knocked out again, and then somehow wake up two more days later only to have to fight against S-class missing nin and still stay alive, but yet again pass out. And you're now asking why you didn't wake up earlier?! I'm surprised you weren't thrown into a coma with all you've been through.” He stated the last part dryly.
 
Kagome just blinked owlishly, as a thoughtful look overcame her. “Oh yea… I forgot…”
 
They all sweatdropped. They jumped at her. “You forgot?!?” they yelled at her.
 
Kagome winced at the volume. “Kami calm down guys… we're in a hospital…” she reprimanded them.
 
They fell anime style to the floor. Kagome rolled her eyes. “Sheesh guys, no need to have a hernia…”
 
They twitched. When they composed themselves, Sasuke glared at her. “You're one to talk, you were screaming up a storm not too long ago!”
 
Kagome smirked at him. “That's different.”
 
Kakashi sighed. “And why is that?”
 
Her smirk grew. “I'm a patient… they can't kick me out if I scream… but you guys on the other hand…” she snickered.
 
Naruto shook his head, groaning. “You can't win with her…” he complained.
 
Kagome nodded her agreement. “Yea... so why even bother?” she piped up.
 
A feminine snicker sounded out in the room, and everyone's gaze turned to see Tsunade leaning against the doorframe of Kagome's room.
 
Tsunade smirked. “Looks like you're feeling much better kiddo.” She commented.
 
Kagome grinned. “Yep! So does that mean I can leave this hell hole?!” she asked eagerly.
 
Tsunade rolled her eyes as she pushed herself off the frame and walked towards Kagome. “We'll see. Lay back down and let me check you out.”
 
Quicker than a flash Kagome was laid back into the bed, waiting oh so impatiently for Tsunade, who chuckled at her.
 
Laying a pale hand on Kagome's forehead Tsunade gathered her chakra and a green glow emitted from her hand. As the glow summonsed she scanned it over Kagome's bodies, checking for any underlying injuries.
 
Once her hand was back to hovering over Kagome's face, she grinned as the glow disappeared and flicked Kagome's nose when she was finished.
 
Kagome, who closed her eyes because the green glow was so bright, twitched and she cracked open a sapphire eye to stare indigently at Tsunade, a scowl on her face.
 
Naruto snickered at her, while Sasuke and Kakashi smirked.
 
Kagome's other eye opened and she turned flashing eyes his way. “What are you laughing at Naru-kun?” she asked in a sickening sweet innocent voice.
 
In a snap, Naruto's snickers stopped. “Nothing…” he muttered quickly.
 
Sasuke snorted quietly, only loud enough for Kakashi and Naruto to hear. “Whipped…”
 
Naruto growled as his head snapped to Sasuke. “Say that again teme! I dare you!”
 
Kagome growled as well, but hers was directed at Naruto. “Nar-ru-to…” Her tone was threatening.
 
Naruto froze and turned slowly to Kagome, and smiled sheepishly at her, rubbing the back of his head nervously. “Yea…?” he asked carefully.
 
Kagome opened her mouth but Tsunade covered it with a hand. “Not here.” She ordered sternly. Kagome slumped and nodded.
 
Naruto relaxed, letting out a sigh of relief.
 
Sasuke gave a cocky snicker. “My point is proven…”
 
Naruto's gaze snapped to him, and he growled quietly.
 
Tsunade smirked. “Wait until you're discharged in a few minutes and then go outside to take care of it.”
 
Kagome grinned against her aunt's hand, her eyes glittering happily at the aspect of booking it out of there.
 
Naruto tensed, and mentally groaned.
 
Sasuke and Kakashi snickered at the poor boy… he always seemed to get in trouble…
 
--
 
Kagome was dressed back into her usual uniform. She was nodding unconsciously as Tsunade listed off the things she wasn't supposed to do until she's completely one hundred percent recovered.
 
“-No strenuous activities because so help me I will chain you to a hospital bed and pump you with sleeping gas if you happen to faint, stumble, get weak… anything! Your ribs are still bruised so you can't strain them much or else they won't heal fast. Understand?!”
 
Kagome froze as her mind registered the threat, and nodded meekly. “Y-yea… sure thing Tsu-chan.” She agreed weakly
 
Tsunade clapped her hand. “Great! I'm off, I still have a crap load of paper work to do, and if I don't get back soon Shizune will hound me for it.” She said the last part sulkily.
 
Tsunade walked off in the other direction as they said their partings.
 
A thought crossed Kagome. “Hey… where is Itachi-kun?” she inquired.
 
Kakashi and Naruto grimaced. They didn't want to tell her the bad news she missed when she was conked out.
 
A cross look entered Sasuke's face though. “He's under house arrest with an ten-man ANBU team guarding him.” Sasuke's sounded way past annoyed and peeved. Itachi being under house arrest meant the he was also being guarded by ten ANBU in his own home. That didn't sit well with him, let alone for Itachi.
 
An image of a twitching chibi Itachi as he itched to just snap the ANBUs' little necks came to mind. Poor guy…
 
Kagome's head snapped to her. “What?!” she exclaimed in outrage.
 
Naruto nodded gravely. “'Fraid so… Tsunade-obaa said the council overruled her… which is stupid. She could have just gone through with what she wants.”
 
Kakashi just shook his head. “She can't do that… that council and elders have influence over the village and its shinobi and it can cause a rift between them and the Hokage.”
 
Kagome didn't understand. “But why does Itachi-kun need to be guarded, didn't she tell them what he showed me?”
 
Sasuke shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pockets as they walked. “It didn't really matter. They weren't sure to believe her since they didn't see it themselves… and they don't trust Itachi. Besides, Itachi would have been accepted even without your proof… they'd do anything to have the S-class missing nin Itachi Uchiha under their belt again, he's a powerful asset. Better him with us than against them.”
 
Kagome got a determined look on her face. “Well if they don't believe her, then I'll make them! I'll just show them what happened and they'd have to believe Tsunade-chan and let Itachi-kun be a free man. If not he's probably gonna snap under all the watch being put on him…” she muttered to herself, deadpanned.
 
They agreed with her. Naruto spoke up. “Hey why didn't we think of that?!” he exclaimed, referring to Sasuke, Kakashi, and himself.
 
Kagome snickered. “Cause you guys aren't all too bright!” she teased them grinning cheekily when they narrowed their eyes at her.
 
A thoughtful look came across Kakashi's face suddenly. “Actually… if I'm correct, Tsunade-sama should be holding a meeting with the council heads right at this moment…”
 
Naruto's eyes lit up as an evil smirk spread out on his face. “Then I guess that means we get to crash it huh?!” he cheered excitedly.
 
Kagome snickered, punching the air. “I'm up for it, let's go!” she exclaimed, a huge grin on her face.
 
Sasuke sighed, but nodded his agreement… it was for his brother right? Besides, he'd do anything to kick the annoying ANBU off his property. Their presence was grating his nerves. “Hn…”
 
Kakashi's eye crinkled in his signature masked smile, before he walked in the direction of the Hokage's Tower. “We better get moving if that's the case, no telling how long the meeting will last…”
 
The three blinked at the sensei before the statement registered and they scrambled after him.
 
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Hokage Tower--
 
It didn't take long to get there of course, Naruto and Kagome made sure of that, dragging Kakashi and Sasuke after them declaring that they were going `too slow'…
 
… and they were running at that point.
 
They were coming up to the doors of Tsunade's office fast, and Kakashi's eyes widened when he realized that they weren't slowing down, at all.
 
Grimacing, he yanked his sleeve out of Naruto's grip and skidded to a halt.
 
Sasuke seemed to notice the same thing just a second later and struggled, but to no avail. Kagome had an iron fist grip on his wrist, not so much that it was hurting him or course, but he just couldn't seem to shake her off. “Crap…” he muttered as they were closing in on the big, thick, wooden doors, and he turned his head, wincing.
 
`Ka-bam!'
 
The doors of the office were slammed opened, and wild, appalled gasps echoed out as the three barreled into the room.
 
Four adults stared at the trio incredulously, before Tsunade furiously growled inaudibly. “Nar-ru-to! Ka-go-me!” she bit out as she laid her eyes on them, but blinked owlishly when her eyes settled on the last of the three genin who crashed into her office during a very crucial meeting. “Sasuke?” she muttered, obviously not expecting to see him involved with Naruto's and Kagome's usual stunts.
 
“What is the meaning of this?!” a flabbergasted, old sounding, and yet outraged voice demanded harshly.
 
All their heads whipped to the man who shouted. His name was Danzo and he was currently glaring at the three with one hardened eye, his head being wrapped with bandages as it covered the other one, and it seemed that he also had an arm missing from the way his sleeve dangled as if it was vacant.
 
“We want the ANBU guards at the Uchiha Compound to be dismissed and Itachi to be allowed to roam freely around the streets of Konoha!” Kagome suddenly blurted out, unable to hold it in any longer. The second she saw the councilman she stiffened, already not liking this guy at all. It brought up some weird feelings and past memories that she would rather forget.
 
Danzo stared at her incredulously, blinking as he looked over at her, before guffaws of laughter started to bubble out of his throat.
 
Kagome scowled at him as he laughed at her, Naruto and Sasuke glaring coldly. The audacity of this man made her hand twitch as she was overcame by the urge to wrap her petite hands around his thick, wrinkled throat. -Must not kill him… must notkill him…Yet…--
 
When Danzo was done, he spoke. “You're not being serious are you?”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes darkly at the question, and answered in a dangerous voice that actually made the hairs at the back of everyone's neck stand up, Naruto and Sasuke taking a precautionary step to the side, away from the at the moment temperamental female. Kakashi watched his student cautiously. Very serious, to be exact.”
 
Danzo didn't take heed of the warning signs, and straight up snorted in disbelief at her, raising a graying eyebrow at the skeptically. “What makes you think a little female genin such as yourself can make my decision sway?”
 
I can show you and the council the truth myself and prove Itachi's innocence in the matter of the Uchiha massacre.” Her chin was stuck out stubbornly, eyes glittering with her defiance.
 
But Danzo just laughed haughtily at her. “Oh really now?” he told her condescendingly, before continuing. “What`s your name little girl?” he asked in a demeaning manner.
 
Said `little girl's' eyes flashed. “Kagome.” She bit out bluntly… didn't the guy pay attention earlier?
 
Danzo gave her an impatient look. “Your surname you little twit and quickly, my patience is wearing thin and my time shall not be wasted over petty things like this.”
 
Naruto and Sasuke quickly opened their mouths to spit out a retort.
 
Kagome's hand shot out to grab Naruto's and Sasuke's shoulders, silently asking them to refrain from saying anything rude to the man as she herself forced down her anger at the name, her lips turning down as she fought a scowl. “Higurashi… Kagome Higurashi…” she gritted out slowly.
 
Strangled gasps escaped the council members' mouths as they stared at Kagome in disbelieving shock as the dots were connected.
 
Apparently word had yet to spread about her return… and they knew very well of what little information was let out about the Higurashi clan and their abilities to manipulate the mind. They were a very renowned clan indeed.
 
But for the most part they were surprised as realization struck. A Higurashi attempting to help an Uchiha?!? It was unheard of!
 
Before the Higurashi Clan's own massacre, the two clans were at each others throats as they battled out their disputes, the Hyuga not excused from them either. The three clans were known for their rivalry, one trying to outdo the others and the Uchiha being the more aggressive about it and the Hyuga much more calmer but not in the least less fiercer. The Higurashi were more of in the middle, not so aggressive about the disputes like the Uchiha, but not at all so placid as the Hyuga.
 
But Danzo glared at Kagome through a narrowed eye as soon as he got over his initial shock, disdain clearly evident. Not even five minutes of being in the same room and already he didn't like her one bit.
 
Kagome just stared back at him calmly, indifferently and hiding her own dislike for him.
 
Apparently first impressions had been made and they were sticking.
 
Another member of the council, Koharu Ututane, interrupted the silent war raging between the teenage girl and elderly male. “You said you were going to show us? Her tone was stern and held something Kagome couldn't really discern but it seemed like apprehension?
 
Kagome turned her head to regard the member, and saw an elderly woman. Kagome's eyes narrowed though when she saw the look she was receiving. It was wary, suspicious, and not to mention unhappy. Kagome didn't like that look, it made her feel like something was fishy was going on.
 
“What can you show us?” the old woman insisted, she was curious. She didn't know that the Higurashi clan's Seishigan could see memories.
 
Her eyebrows furrowed as she remembered what Itachi showed her a week ago.
 
Flashback
 
Kagome turned to Sasuke, and sighed. “Look, I want this over with soon… and it won't hurt to try, he can't lie to me. You can't make up memories that are as realistic as the genuine one's. If he's lying I can tell.” She placated him, before turning back to Itachi, the diamonds in her eyes turning horizontally. “Well… show me what you want me to show the Hokage. Just think of it in great detail.” She instructed him.
 
Itachi nodded and closed his eyes, thinking back to the one day that decided his fate…
 
--
 
As a thirteen year old Itachi stood silently in front of a pair of double doors he knocked softy and waited patiently, his face void of any expression.
 
“Come in.” an old, wise voice called out lightly, beckoning Itachi to open the doors to the Hokage's office.
 
Doing so he turned the door handle gently, pushing the doors as he made his way into the office.
 
The office was unusually dark, the lights off for an unknown reason. Closing the door behind him with a soft `click' he walked away from the doors and in the direction where he knew a desk, and of course the Third Hokage. His silky low voice sounded out in the room. “You wanted me, am I correct Hokage-sama ?”
 
A pleased, yet sympathetic grumble spilled out from the man's throat as he registered the voice. “Ah yes, Itachi-kun.” The Hokage said solemnly.
 
Itachi stood there mutely, waiting for the Hokage to continue.
 
The sound of a chair spinning and a `click' sounded in the room. A lamp on the Hokage's desk shone brightly, lighting up the room. The Hokage's face was grave as he regarded the young Uchiha. “This concerns the information you delivered to me…”
 
Itachi blinked, and rose his eyebrow, gesturing for him to continue.
 
The Hokage stared at him. “Something has to be done, you do know that.”
 
Itachi tensed slightly, before he nodded curtly. “Of course.” He murmured softly.
 
The Hokage sighed tiredly, and it was at this moment that everything caught up with him, the feeling of fatigue washing over him. He was getting to old for this… “Ithas decided…” he started carefully. “They have to be stopped, their plans cannot be allowed to be followed through, and-“
 
Itachi's voice cut in coldly. “And you want me to put an end to it.” it wasn't a question
 
The Hokage's jaw tightened, but nodded shortly. “I apologize my boy, but I am given no choice. ANBU Captain Itachi Uchiha, youare hereby ordered to eliminate the whole Uchiha clan by any means necessary. Failure to do so will result in any punishment that is seen fit.”
 
Itachi's eyes flashed as hisSharingan activated, before theyquickly shut. He took a deep, calming breath. “All of them?” he inquired curiously, a strange, unidentifiable emotion in his tone.
 
“All of them.” The Third repeated, his own voice turning bitter at the concept.
 
Itachi's eyes shot open. “I cannot Hokage-sama.” He argued. “I can manage all but one… I have to refuse.”
 
The Hokage sighed yet again. “I expected as much…”
 
Itachi's eyebrows shot upat the notion, if he knew thenwhy…?
 
“As has the eldersIt is youryounger sibling, correct?” The Third pressed.
 
At the mention of his brother, Itachi stiffened. He gave a slight indication of a nod.
 
The Hokage studied him intently, a slight proud spark in his eyes. He was happy that the Uchiha still held some devotion and loyalty to someone other than Konoha. “The elderswill let you slide for refusing to kill your brother, Itachi-san, but there will be a consequence.”
 
Itachi's eyes narrowed… of course… he really didn't like the elders at all, they were justsome old geezers whose minds were unchanging and set upon old traditions, never one to consider newer and better things. “And it is?” he insisted.
 
The third stared at him in the eye. “You will be banned from the village, and your status as a ninja will be changed into a missing-nin.”
 
Itachi's eyes flashed with anger, before it disappeared in a snap. Itachi stared at his Hokage in silence, taking it in, before finally speaking. “Fine.” His voice had a sharp edge to it. He'd do the mission, he had no qualms about killing his clan, and his loyalty laid with his village first, and his clan second, and besides, his clan's betrayal of his village disgusted him and made him hate them even more. It was just Sasuke… he was only a little boy, barely starting out in his life, he was innocent… and he was his little brother…
 
The Hokage nodded. “Take your time on this Itachi…” the Third told him gently. “Plan it out to the point where it's flawless and nothing can go wrong. There is no deadline other than before the day your family decides to go finally through with the coup de tat for this village. You may go about this in anyway, but heed my words, do notget caught in the act. If you do, I cannot help you be released.” The whole village couldhave a riot if a mass killer of his own clan was released to be free.
 
Itachi's looked at him with not a speck of emotion, but the Third knew better. Itachi may have hated his clan for what they did, stripping him of a semi-normal childhood and giving him no control over his lifebut Sasuke wasn't included in that.
 
He actually loved and cared for his little brother, and he knew this would scar him for life; having his whole family ripped away from him in one day. He would have no reason to live or fight for. He'd be depressed and broken when he found out. “I understand Hokage-sama, it shall be done.”
 
The Third smiled grimly at him. “Well then before you leave, come here my boy.” He waved him over to stand by the desk.
 
As soon as Itachi walked over, the Hokage pulled out a scroll and spread it out on his desk. He turned his attention to Itachi who was staring intently at the scroll that had elegant inscriptions on it.
 
“A blood oath, correct?” Itachi inferred intelligently.
 
The Hokage nodded gravely. “Yes, it's required. The village must not now of the coup de tat… the council is afraid that if word gets out the other clans will get ideas.”
 
“Mainly the Hyuga.” Itachi said flatly.
 
The Third nodded again. “Correct. With the Higurashi Clan all gone save for oneand the Uchiha Clan going in the same direction, the aftermath of a coup de tat by the whole Hyuga Clan would be horrendous. Their clan is skilledand your clan would be the only defense we would have for them, just like the Higurashi clan was the defense against yours- I doubt your clan would even go through with the coup de tat if they were still here in abundant numbers. But without the help of Sharingan users, all we have is the trained ANBU and jonin, while they are useful they are not as effective.” The Third explained, solemn lining his voice.
 
Itachi nodded, agreeing, but his eyes flashed in pain at the mention of the Higurashi clan.
 
Kagome Higurashi… the only person other than his brother that he actually cared deeply about. He was going to have to leave her, and he won't be able to fulfill her father's wishes… unless… hesmirked in his mind, there might be a way after all.
 
“I will go through with the blood oath, Hokage-sama.” He put his thumb to his mouth and bit it so that blood would be drawn. He swiped his thumb over where his name was on the bottom of the scroll and spoke. “I, Itachi Uchiha, swear to never speaknor write of any word of my Clan's plans of coup de tat of Konoha to anyone other than those who know.” Itachi swore seriously.
 
The scroll glowed a bright white, and the Third rolled up the scroll. “And so it may be.” He murmured, studying Itachi intently. “You may take yourleave, Itachi.”
 
Itachi nodded. “Farewell, Hokage-sama.” He strode to the doors, opening them before he slipped out, the embodiment of silence and stealth.
 
--
 
End of Flashback
 
Kagome's eyes flashed in anger as she caught on to something. She growled silently as she scowled at the two council members and elder. “I can show you Itachi's memory of receiving the mission from the Hokage to take down the Uchiha clan.”
 
The elders shared a quick look of shock and Kagome sneered at them. “But I don't need to show you anything, do I?”
 
At that Danzo's glare turned colder, and Koharu and Homura Mitokado stiffened at the accusation.
 
Tsunade steered wide eyes at Kagome. “What are you talking about?” she demanded.
 
Kagome's eyes snapped to the Hokage's, scowl still in place. “I just remembered something from what Itachi showed me,” Kagome pointed a finger at the three older people in the room. “They knew. They already knew about the mission! Hell! They were the one's who ordered the Uchiha massacre in the first place!” She shouted furiously. She couldn't believe she missed that!
 
Tsunade turned aghast, but pissed eyes to the council and elder. “You knew?! You lied to me!” She accused bitingly. “I can't believe this!” She slammed her hand on her desk in outrage. It cracked, lines scattering out aimlessly.
 
Koharu stared at her through indifferent eyes. “It was for the good of village. It had to be done.”
 
Sasuke, who took the news like a slap to the face, sneered at them. “What bull! Tell me why Itachi needs to be watched like a prisoner! If he did your dirty work then you should now he wouldn't turn on the village!”
 
They didn't answer the question, refusing to even regard the Uchiha.
 
Naruto spoke up loudly. “Why don'tchya answer the damn question!?” He glared at them when they ignored him too; they were just staring at the Hokage who was taking deep breaths to calm down before she didn't anything rash, like attack the idiotic elders.
 
Kagome became impatient. “Seishigan!” she shouted, activating her kekkai genkai. Her eyes turned into furious diamonds and she stared at the council and elder who turned to her in shock.
 
Closing her eyes she concentrated, and practically growled as she read their minds. “They don't trust Itachi because his loyalty is with the Hokage, not them. They know he hates them and would kill them if the Hokage ordered it.” She told them quietly.
 
The council gaped at her and Danzo sputtered in outrage. “That's a lie!”
 
Kagome cracked one eye open and peered at her condescendingly.
 
Naruto smirked smugly. “Is it really? Hah guess ya didn't know what Kaggie-chan's Seishigan can really do…” he jibed at them. Serves them, those smug know it alls.
 
Tsunade scowled at the council members. “I don't care about your opinions anymore, I've made my decision. I'm calling off the ANBU.” She declared with finality in her tone.
 
Koharu reared back in shock. “You can't! You'd believe that girl over us!?”
 
Tsunade sneered at her. “I can and I will. And I trust Kagome more than I ever will you three… you made a thirteen year old boy kill his own clan without remorse and lied to me about your knowledge and influence in the decision! I don't care if the Uchiha clan was going to try a coup de tat on Konoha! You could have sent former members of ROOT to them, I'm sure Danzo wouldn't have any problem with that and his ANBU wouldn't go against him!”
 
They didn't make any argue to that.
 
“Tsunade-sama!” Kagome called out sharply as she quickly made her way to the Hokage.
 
Tsunade whipped her head to Kagome, confused. “What?”
 
Kagome locked her Seishigan eyes with Danzo's, holding them. He froze as she read his memories, and smirked as she grasped both Tsunade's and Koharu's hand and replayed it to them. “Listen.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes and concentrated. She opened up her mind and showed them what she just heard Danzo think when Tsunade mentioned his ANBU.
 
They gasped and Tsunade glared at him furiously, fire dancing in her brown eyes. In a formal voice she spoke. “Elder Danzo, you are hereby accused with treason against the Hokage and Konoha.”
 
Homura narrowed his eyes at them. “What happened.” He demanded curtly, speaking for the first time. He was silent during this debate because he knew Tsunade was right. They should have had another ANBU to deal the Uchiha clan instead of Itachi, but back then Danzo convinced them otherwise. But now he didn't trust Itachi either, he believed that Itachi held animosity against himself, Koharu, and Danzo and therefore sided with them.
 
Koharu answered him, awe in her voice as she stared at Kagome. “Higurashi-san showed us that Danzo was planning to do what the Uchiha Clan had in mind. She showed his past thoughts of anger and rivalry against Sarutobi. He'd been planning for so long on how to take over as the Hokage with his ANBU…” She trailed off, speechless of the turn of events.
 
Homura's old eyes widened in shock, and his jaw clenched as he stared at Danzo, misgiving of his actions.
 
They trusted this man's beliefs and decisions, siding with him as they thought he was doing what he though was for the good for the village, but little did they know he was doing it for his own greedy, treacherous desires.
 
Danzo gritted his teeth. He couldn't believe his true intentions were revealed and all by a little fifteen year old girl. It was an insult! “You little bitch.” He snarled out at her.
 
Naruto was quick to step up to Kagome's defense. “Hey! Don't talk to her like that ya old bastard!” He glared at the traitor, he didn't care if he was an elder or what, no one insults his friends!
 
Danzo head snapped to Naruto and his eye narrowed in recognition before it turned to hatred. Kagome, who was still concentrating on his thoughts, sucked in a deep, wild breath. “You fucking bastard!” she snapped at him.
 
Everyone turned in shock to Kagome and Danzo looked at Kagome in horror; she was practically shaking in rage. “You didn't hear that…” he mumbled weakly.
 
Kagome stalked towards him, the perfect picture of a predator going for her prey. “Yes, as a matter of fact I did you son of a bitch. You're a pathetic bastard, a sick pathetic bastard.” She charged towards him. “I'm gonna fucking castrate you!” she snarled out.
 
Kakashi ran over to her and grabbed her by the waist, holding her back before she reached the old man who stared at her with a wide eye filled with fear. “Calm down!” he told her fervently.
 
Tsunade looked confused, what did she hear now? “Kagome?!”
 
Kagome turned to her, before looking at Naruto, her gaze sad. “Not here” she protested. She turned to Tsunade. “I won't say it here…” she looked back at Danzo, rage coming back at her.
 
“I'll say it after I kill this disgusting piece of shit!” she yowled, struggling even harder. Her teeth were bared in a snarl as her ki rose, filling the room. “Let GO!” she boomed at Kakashi as she reached for the councilman.
 
Kakashi spoke to her softly, trying to placate her. “What did you see?”
 
Kagome peered up at him, her eyes glazed over, as if she might cry. She slowly placed a palm on Kakashi, showing him.
 
Kakashi stiffened at what she had to show him, and he almost let her go attack the old man, Danzo sure as hell deserved it.
 
Danzo had a memory flash of telling the village to hate Naruto, and that he called him a worthless murderous monster fox… the reason why villagers still taunt him today… he turned most of the residents of Konoha against a small, innocent, defenseless baby who had no one to care for him…
 
Kakashi stared at Kagome's eyes, seeing the internal battle and the revenge she wanted against the man. He shook his head softly. “You can't…” he trailed off before he turned a cold eye at Danzo as he continued. “But he will pay for his crimes for going against the Fourth's last wishes.”
 
Danzo froze at his words, and glared at Kagome with hate in his eye. He'd get back at her somehow…
 
“No, you won't.” Kagome told him softly, hate seeping in her own eyes, and offered a little smirk at him when he clenched his jaw, trying to refrain from saying anything.
 
Kakashi's voice entered Kagome's ears. “Why don't you three go to Itachi and tell him the good news?” he suggested.
 
Tsunade nodded her agreement, and opened her draw to take out a piece or parchment to write something. “Yes, and give these orders to Itachi's personal ANBU guard, he's in charge of the watch. These will tell them they are relieved by my orders, and come back with Uchiha once he is released… We'll personally take care of Danzo's punishment…” Her eyes glittered deviously and when she was down writing she rolled it up and put her seal on it. “Catch.”
 
Naruto, who was closer to her, caught the orders. “Sweet, let's get going then before the guy goes nutso.” He walked over to Kagome, and tugged her out of Kakashi's hold lightly, making sure she didn't go after Danzo again.
 
The three left the office closing the doors after them, but not before Kagome tossed a threatening glare at Danzo.
 
Once the doors closed, Tsunade turned to Danzo and smirked vindictively. “Hmm…” she sounded out mockingly. “What should we do with you?”
 
She turned to the council members and Kakashi. “Any objections to choices of punishment? Or some suggestions?” she prodded innocently.
 
Homura shrugged uncaringly. “Do what you will Hokage-sama, I'll leave it in your hands to decide. Just no death please.”
 
Tsunade's smirk grew, waving the request off. “Of course not… that's the merciful way out.” she explained simply.
 
Koharu threw a sneer at Danzo, the ruthless man that held ill thoughts to her old, deceased teammate, Sarutobi, before she smiled pretentiously at her Hokage. “Whatever you choose will be fine with me… I think you are able to handle his… punishment…” She glanced at her other former teammate, and gave a small smile. “I agree with Homura, we'll leave this in your capable hands and we will set up and conduct his hearing. The village will hear of Danzo's treachery and understand the reasoning behind his punishment. Neither they nor us will fight you on this.”
 
She walked slowly to Homura and grabbed his wrist, pulling him along as they made their way to the office doors. He didn't fight her; apparently he was used to her behavior since amusement shined in his old eyes. Before leaving gave a small bow with their heads. “Farewell Hokage-sama.” they mumbled before they were gone, closing the doors behind them.
 
A sense of giddiness surged through Tsunade as she regarded Danzo. Oh how long she had awaited and wished for this moment! Tsunade's eyes glinted vengefully. “First off we'll send you off to spend some quality time with Ibiki… I'm sure he'd enjoy that, right Kakashi-kun?”
 
Kakashi smiled at her like this was an everyday process. “Yes, I believe he would.”
 
Tsunade snickered. “And I'm sure Ibiki will have some interesting suggestions for a punishment…”
 
Kakashi chuckled. “Hmm, I think he'd jump at the chance.”
 
And that was when Danzo promptly passed out.
 
--
 
“Itachi-kun! Itachi-kun!” Kagome sang out happily as Naruto, Sasuke, and she entered the Uchiha manor.
 
Some shuffling was heard and Itachi shot out of his room and into the main room the three were currently in, an ANBU with a cat mask trailing on his heels. An exasperated look was uncharacteristically on his face, but relief was shined in his dark eyes. “Thank Kami, someone from the outside world…” he muttered.
 
Naruto snickered, unfazed by the glare he shot at him. “Surprised you didn't kill anyone yet.” He commented lightly; he didn't even think to worry about Itachi attempting to kill him now that he was on their side.
 
Itachi smirked darkly at the blond boy. “Who said I did not?”
 
Naruto froze. “Y-you're kidding, heheh right?” he asked, unsure whether to believe him or not.
 
Sasuke glared at the ANBU whose hand was inching to the sword tied to his hip. “He's not being serious; you would have noticed a dead body lying around wouldn't you?”
 
Itachi just chuckled lowly. “Not if I hid it.” He retorted dangerously, a crazy look in his eyes.
 
The ANBU unsheathed his sword and pointed it at Itachi carefully. He made his chakra spike, warning the other ANBU.
 
In a couple of seconds seven other ANBU slipped in and surrounded Itachi.
 
“Shit!” Naruto exclaimed, surprised at their sudden appearance.
 
Itachi scoffed. “I could have killed you in the time it took to get them in here.” he informed his `personal guard'.
 
Kagome's eyes flickered to all of the ANBU in the living room and rolled her eyes. “Geeze, paranoid much?” She grinned when they turned to her direction, not saying anything; Kagome knew they were getting annoyed.
 
Sasuke was getting impatient right now, and he wanted these idiots out of his home. “Let's get this over with and give them the scroll.”
 
Naruto nodded, and fished out the scroll from his jacket pocket, before tossing it to the ANBU who still had his sword pointed at Itachi. Said ANBU caught it with his free hand, and shook it open after he gave Itachi a warning look.
 
He read it quickly and nodded, sheathing his sword. “Good, we're free…” he told his fellow ANBU, clearly happy with the news. He turned to Itachi. “And that means you too, you'll no longer be guarded from now on and you can go where you please, Hokage's orders
 
Itachi's eyes brightened a bit, but nodded curtly. “Then what are you still doing here?”
 
The ANBU snorted but left, the rest of the ANBU filing out after.
 
Once they were gone Kagome fixed Itachi with a flat look. “Did you have to do that?” she was referring to the `killing and hiding the body' joke.
 
A ghost of an amused smile appeared on his lips before disappearing. He shrugged. “I thought it was funny.” He offered lightly.
 
Kagome stared at him silently, before she snorted. “Oh wow, what a nice, twisted, sense of humor you got there `Tachi-kun… good for you.” She patted his shoulder gently.
 
Itachi stared at her, amused. “What did you do?”
 
Kagome blinked. “What do you mean?” she asked innocently.
 
Itachi cocked an eyebrow at her. “So you are saying the Elders just had a spontaneous change of heart?”
 
Naruto snickered, Sasuke rolled his eyes. “No, but that Danzo freak got called out for treason and plotting his own coup de tat to take over as Hokage.”
 
Itachi furrowed his eyes at the fox container. “How-“ he shook his head. “Right, forget it; it is Kagome-chan we are talking about.”
 
“Hey!” Kagome protested.
 
Itachi smirk. “Did you have a nice nap?” he teased.
 
Kagome narrowed. “Not really, if you call waking up in a hospital nice, but I have you to thank for that don't I?”
 
That wiped the smirk off his face. “I… apologize for that.” His voice was sincere.
 
Kagome just rolled her eyes, waving it off. “Ehh, last week's news.”
 
Naruto walked up to Kagome, putting an arm over her shoulders playfully. Itachi narrowed his eyes at him, eyes flashing warningly, but Naruto didn't notice. Kagome, suddenly self-conscious, blushed lightly. “How bout taking your first step outside as a free man and going over to the Hokage tower? She wants us back there with you.”
 
Itachi just nodded and walked over to the door. “Coming?” he asked, not turning back to look at them.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
-7,351 words
 
Ok well that's one more chappy finished with!! So yea, did ya guys like it?
 
And don't forget to review for you favorite author!! XD… ok maybe not favorite but you get the point! ;) Compliments are loved, constructive criticism is very much coveted, and flamers can go shove it… UNLESS it's something other than insults about character bashing and that I should just stop writing and other crap like that. But hey if my writing sucks I need to be told! ^^
 
Take care!
 
-RainLily
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Review Replies—
 
buzzk97- Yay!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!! ^^ Oh, Kisame was the one who erected the barrier. If you remember, Itachi told Kisame to be ready when he gave him the signal, and when he did a barrier was erected. XD How? Uhmm, well I never gave it thought but if I had to explain it, I would say Itachi prepared the barrier before they kidnapped Kagome, and all Kisame had to do was put chakra into it lol. Or you could just go with the flow and believe Kisame is awesome enough to put up a barrier. It's not totally out there… ^_^' What did you think about what Kagome saw? Thanks for reviewing!! Tell me how this chappy was!!
 
laWaya aDisi- Hey thanks!! :) I'm glad you're liking this!! Thanks for the vote and the review too!!
 
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
-Decided Pairings—
 
Kagome/Naruto
 
 
--Pairings Pole—
 
I need some input on pairings for later on so help me out?
 
Sasuke/Hinata: 1
 
Sasuke/Ino: 1
 
Sasuke/?: some suggestions please?
 
Kakashi/Anko: 2
 
Kakashi/OC: 1 -Even if this does get the most votes, I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it work… but I guess I would have to try,,,-
 
Kakashi/?: Heheh again… suggestions?
 
Jiraiya/Tsunade: 1
 
If there's any other pairings you want to see tell me then! Gaara, Neji, Kiba, Ino, Shikamaru, Itachi… whoever! But I seriously need these so I can decide where the story goes!! Oh, no suggestions for Sakura though please, I've already made plans for her.
 
Also, these are just the minor pairings, there won't be any serious scenes on them… just implications and mentions of them is all. What you will mostly see is Naruto/Kagome, Sasuke and whoever he is paired with will have a bigger role than the other minor pairings, but definitelynot a big as Naru/Kag.
 
It iscategorized as a Naruto/Kagome of course! ;)
 
Take care,
-RainLily! ;)