Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Legacy ❯ What the...!?! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi everyone!!
 
So how did you like the drawings eh?Not the best I know, but they give some kind of idearight!! Well… I hope so… lol
 
Well R&R…and don't forget to enjoy!!! XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer: I do not, and never will not, own Inuyasha, Naruto, or their characters. :'(
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Returning Legacy of a Hidden Village—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Kagome's Thoughts—
#Naruto's Thoughts#
/Sasuke's Thoughts/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Ages—
 
Team 7, 8, and 10: 15
 
Team Guy: 16
 
Kakashi: 26
 
Guy: 29
 
Kurenai: 23
 
Asuma: 25
 
Jiraiya: 43
 
Tsunade: 41
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last Time;
 
Naruto's eyes flashed red, the whiskers on his cheeks becoming ragged. “Get back here you ass!” Naruto snarled wildly as he jumped out of the window, following him.
 
Out of the dark corners walked four adult figures. It was Kakashi, Jiraiya, and two ANBU. Jiraiya turned to the ANBU with a serious glint in his eyes.
 
“Report to the Hokage and tell her of this immediately. We'll follow after them.” He ordered quickly.
 
They nodded curtly. “Yes Jiraiya-sama.” And they disappeared in a flurry of leaves.
 
Jiraiya glanced over to Kakashi. “We better get going then before the kid gets himself killed.”
 
Kakashi nodded, his eyes fueling with his anger. He had no doubt now that it was Itachi and his cronies that blew Naruto's apartment.
 
Swiftly, they made their way towards the window and jumped out, following the two genin and missing-nin's trail closely.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--What the…?!—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
This time;
 
Itachi ran through the village silently, Kagome wrapped snugly in his arms as he headed to one specific destination.
 
He could feel the Kyuubi-host following him, his chakra signal a very distinct one compared to all the others within the village. But he was slowly gaining ground against the boy, putting sufficient distance between them as to make it comfortable enough so he didn't have to keep track of the boy. The boy was fast, he would give the genin that… but he was faster.
 
His eyes trailed down to the young teen in his grasp, taking in the bandages and her injured features. His eyes flashed lightly with regret before disappearing so quickly that unless you were paying close attention it was sure to be missed.
 
The wheels were turning in his head as he tried devising a way to ensure that his plan would work out. His eyes glinted critically as he calculated possible aspects in how this mission would play out. As he ran his senses were attuned finitely, giving him warning that someone familiar was approaching.
 
Itachi went on unfazed as Kisame materialized next to him and ran along side him.
 
The Ex-Mist Swordsman took a glance at the girl in his arms and stared blankly. He couldn't see anything even slightly impressive nor interesting about this girl that could cause Itachi to seek her out. “This is her?” he asked in a demeaning way as he looked her over; she was still out cold sleeping in a hospital gown with bandages wrapped all over and a pale face. Her chakra signals were nothing to be wary of… she just looked like the average run of the mill kunoichi.
 
Itachi's coal eyes trailed over to look over at him fluidly and he gave a small nod. “Yes, she is one of the last of the Higurashi clan. She is the one that will help the mission.”
 
They now entered under the cover of the lush forest, and his senses were on alert for anyone or thing.
 
As they took to the trees Kisame snorted disbelievingly. He couldn't imagine how this injured little female could help them. “This slip of a girl? I'm surprised she's even alive.”
 
Itachi whipped his head towards Kisame, and gave him an icy glare. “Now that would be your fault, would it not? You were to make sure that the Kyuubi vessel was to be caught in that trap, not her… and do not forget that not everything is as it appears.” He looked back in front of him, gracefully dodging an incoming branch.
 
Behind him Kisame made a sound of protest and argued his case. “Hey! How was I supposed to know that she was going to be there knocking on his door?! The kid said he was going to her compound so thought it would be safe.” As safe as it could have been for Kagome of course… not Naruto in the least.
 
Itachi looked over his shoulder to toss him a dry stare. “You were to keep guard on the building to make sure only he was entering, and no one else… where were you?” His voice was commanding, unhappy at the turn of events.
 
His partner didn't say anything for a moment, just stared ahead as they continued to run “… I was busy…”
 
Itachi almost rolled his eyes, but instead chose to sneer at him. “I am not even going to ask… but even so, the fact that she is still alive and with minimal damage proves she is not as incompetent as she seems... especially with her abilities; they will be an asset to our goal. She is stronger than you give her credit for.” His eyes traveled down to the girl in his arms, the hard lines of his face fading.
 
Kisame stared at the back of his partner's head, curious. How was he so sure about that?
 
Itachi seemed to feel his eyes boring into him, as he spoke softly. “Yes?” he inquired uninterestingly.
 
Kisame looked the other way before answering. “How're you so familiar with her? What makes you so sure that she can help?”
 
Itachi hesitated for a bit letting Kisame momentarily believe that he wasn't going to answer. “We have a past…” he murmured lightly, his tone making it evident that he wasn't going to divulge any further on the subject.
 
Kisame just grumbled as they finally reached their destination. “Whatever, lets just get this over with.”
 
They slowed down to a paced stroll as they approached a fairly occupied clearing filled with unsuspecting training ninja. Before stepping out of the lingering shadows, Itachi regarded Kisame coolly. “Secure the perimeter; make sure everything is ready for when I give the signal.” Kisame gave an affirmative nod and went to leave as Itachi stepped forward.
 
“And Kisame…” Kisame paused, and looked back at Itachi questionably. “… make sure you remain unseen and refrain from interfering.”
 
Without waiting for a response Itachi proceeded to enter the spacious clearing and released his hold on his chakra to signify his arrival, previously suppressing it so he wouldn't attract suspicion.
 
As his distinct and overpowering signal washed over them the training genin went still in shock. Heads snapped to his direction and eyes went wide with start as they recognized the Akatsuki member carrying a familiar knocked out genin.
 
Itachi's eye roved over their flabbergasted faces, taking them in critically before halting at one; Sasuke.
 
At first Sasuke was surprised like the rest of them, not expecting his brother to just randomly pop up. They were all frozen in their stupor; Hinata, Sakura, Neji, Kiba and Ino.
 
They were out here for the daily morning training session. Before Itachi revealed himself Sasuke was practicing his kunai aim, Kiba and Neji were busy sparring, and the three kunoichi were chatting while they took a small break.
 
It didn't take long for them to notice the blue-black kunoichi draped in Itachi's grasp, still out cold, and when they did it received a various reactions.
 
Hinata and Ino jumped up as soon as they saw her, and gasped, fearing for their friend's safety. Sakura's eyes widened in fear for Sasuke.
 
Neji glared at the Akatsuki member, his Byakugan activated eyes glinted in disgust as he looked him over, prepared in his distinct battle stance.
 
Kiba had his lips pulled back; baring his canines in a silent snarl, and ready to strike. Akamaru had leaped to his side as soon as a threatening air overcame them, growling softly.
 
Sasuke's eyes flashed, narrowing in rage as a guttural sound know only as a human version of a growl slipped out of his throat. This bastard was touching his best friend… he had no right… he wasn't going to take away another thing he cared about… he wasn't going to let him. “Itachi…” he gritted out slowly, venom spilling over just in that one word.
 
Itachi raised an eyebrow, a façade of indifference plastered on his face. “Little brother.” His silky, deep voice spilled out, void of any emotion.
 
Kiba snarled out. “Why the hell do you have Kagome?!” he demanded hotly.
 
Ino joined in. “Yea! What's your deal!” she shouted at him.
 
Itachi glanced at them, seemingly lazily, but his eyes were hard, “My reasons are just that, my own.”
 
Neji stepped forward, and Itachi's eyes snapped the Hyuga. “Release Kagome-san.” His tone was serious.
 
Surprisingly, Hinata spoke up, albeit softly, but just loud enough to be understood. “D-do as he says…” Her lavender orbs even glared at him a bit.
 
Itachi's eyebrow just cocked up, not taking the two seriously and brushed them off.
 
Sasuke grinded his teeth, trying to keep down his oncoming rampage. He sneered. “So it was you, am I correct?” He stared pointedly as Kagome.
 
Itachi stared at him before looking at somewhere else in disinterest. “Would you not like to know…” he retorted simply, taunting.
 
Sasuke snapped. “You fucking bastard!” he spat, hate flooding his voice. “What did she even do?! You don't even know her!”
 
Itachi's gaze trailed back to him, eyes intense. “Do not be so quick to assume little brother.” He commented flippantly.
 
“Arghhh!!” Sasuke snarled out as he went to charge at his older brother, unable to hold back the pulsing crave for revenge any longer. He activated his Sharingan, two tomoes spinning rapidly.
 
“Sasuke-kun!” Ino's and Sakura's voice cried out, hoping to stop him.
 
“Sasuke-san!” Hinata's light voice chorused along with them. fearing for his safety as he went to take on the S-class missing nin.
 
Itachi smirked as his head turned to stare into the forest, giving a slight indication of a nod.
 
About ten feet in front of Sasuke a barrier erected, the grayish encasing forming a commodious dome around Itachi and Kagome. Itachi's smirk seemed to grow larger.
 
Sasuke skid to a halt, and scowled at the barrier. Giving a frustrated growl he threw a punch to it, ignoring the pain in his fist as it ricocheted against the object that was as hard as steel. It didn't even shudder under his force.
 
Sasuke glared at his older sibling. “Hiding behind barriers?! Coward!” he spat.
 
Itachi smirked smugly. “Not hiding, just waiting…” he corrected mockingly.
 
Sasuke's Sharingan eyes narrowed. “For what?!” he demanded harshly.
 
Itachi didn't answer, just turned his head around to face behind him.
 
Sasuke followed his gaze, but saw nothing. He was getting frustrated and impatient when he went to yell at Itachi when he heard something.
 
Faintly the sound of someone rushing through the recesses of the forest was heard, and getting clearer and louder by the second. The rustling of leaves and thudding of running feet could be pointed out as someone pushed through the foliage of the forest without pausing to push away the leaves… leaving the pretense of stealth.
 
Naruto barged though the trees, eyes flashing red and blue and his face taking on animalistic characteristics. He came barreling towards Itachi, not noticing the barrier until the last second.
 
He skidded to a stop, digging his feet into the ground as dirt kicked up. He stopped at the barrier and glowered at Itachi, snarling. “What?! Are ya scared?!?! Come out of that barrier ya bastard!!”
 
The scene didn't seem to affect Itachi as he gave his reply. “All in good time…”
 
“Naruto?!” They all called out simultaneously.
 
Hinata and mostly Sakura stared at Naruto in fear at his appearance.
 
Ino was staring wide eyed at Naruto, but couldn't help feel a wave of relief come over her. She was just so damn glad she wasn't Itachi at the moment, already knowing what it was like to feel Naruto's red eyes glare holes through her head.
 
And she thought that time was bad-she shivered-; he was a shit load times more pissed than before.
 
Sasuke, Neji, and Kiba were on guard, the little hairs on the back of their necks rising at the uncomfortable feel of the foreign chakra. They were wary of Naruto at the moment, knowing his mind was irrational and his actions unpredictable when his emotions went chaotic.
 
Naruto let out a feral snarl, the red chakra enveloping him and as three tails swung erratically. He started clawing at the barrier, claws digging in but not yet penetrating it. It was inevitable.
“LET HER GO!” he boomed, the volume shaking the trees and the ground shook along with him as an emphasis.
 
“Naruto!” a commanding voice shouted out at him, reprimanding. Tsunade jumped out of the foliage behind him, Jiraiya and Kakashi at her heels.
 
Naruto growled out in frustration as he spun to face them. He just stared at them impatiently through his red demonic eyes, waiting. He was still himself, but Kyuubi was taking over gradually. He still held some self-restraint and control but it was wearing thin.
 
Tsunade narrowed her eyes at his appearance, and stepped towards him; there was no trace of fear in her eyes as she approached him slowly, as to not startle him or anything. “Naruto,” she started carefully, searching for the right words to say so she wouldn't set him off. “Step away from the barrier and let me handle this.” It was an order, but a sincere one.
 
Conflict arose in his eyes, his anger battling against his restraint, before a hand on his shoulder jolted him out of his mental war.
 
Sasuke stared at him neutrally, and some unknown message passed through the two teens' eyes and Naruto slowly calmed down, albeit reluctantly.
 
The red chakra receded, his claws and fangs disappeared, the ragged slashes on his cheeks vanished only to be replaced by the usual thin whisker lines and his eyes phased to the original blue. He gave a curt nod to Tsunade as he steeped away from the barrier and towards her, Sasuke following.
 
Tsunade nodded and stepped to the barrier, and glared heatedly at Itachi.
 
Itachi smirked. “Finally we can begin now that everybody is accounted for.”
 
`Everybody' glowered at him, some sneering and others wearing faces the expressed just how much they wanted to run through his barrier and kill him.
 
Tsunade held her head high as she regarded him. “Itachi Uchiha, wanted S-class missing-nin of Konoha, high-profiled member of the widely known Akatsuki… state your business.”
 
Itachi snorted quietly. “Spare me the formality here Tsunade-hime, it is unnecessary.”
 
Tsunade scowled at him. “Answer the question.” She demanded, her voice frigid.
 
Everyone waited in suspense as they waited for his answer.
 
Itachi stared back at them coldly through the haze of his barrier. His face was void of emotion as he gave his reply. “I want amnesty from the village.”
 
Practically everyone gaped, gasped, or exploded in outrage.
 
What!?!?!” Sasuke and Naruto blasted out, staring at him like he was insane.
 
The forest shook at the velocity of their combined voices.
 
“Why?!” Tsunade snapped at him. “Why and why now?!”
 
Itachi sneered at her, lips pulled down into a deep frown. “I am sick of running around being hunted down wrongfully.”
 
That made Sasuke snap. “You killed the clan! And just to see if you could you sick, demented, cold hearted bastard! Everyone knows it! How can you say that?!” Sasuke argued hotly. He couldn't understand this for once, his massacring brother asking for a reprieve?!? What the hell!
 
Itachi's eyes actually flashed in regret as his brother shouted out. “I did kill the clan, but not for that reason. But I am not allowed to reveal the true reason for doing so, I have been forbidden and a blood seal was formed to keep me from saying anything.” He looked away in the distance of the forest, deep in thought.
 
“And we should believe you?” Tsunade asked skeptically. She was seriously questioning the intelligence of this man, he didn't think they were that gullible did he?
 
Itachi scoffed, sending them a flat stare, “No, of course not. I never thought for a second that you would actually come close to believing me… you are mistaking me for someone else much more naïve.” His tone took on a chastising turn at the end of the sentence.
 
Tsunade glowered at him, getting more and more impatient. Oh how much she just yearned to walk through that little barrier of his and just strangle the life out of him! This man was infuriating!! “Then why are you even here?” she persisted shortly.
 
Itachi smirked at her, at all of them. “Her.” He drawled out as he slowly gestured to Kagome
 
All of their eyes went wide at the revelation.
 
Naruto sputtered in outrage, the red chakra coming back with a vengeance. “What! You're gonna threaten us and ransom her for ya amnesty?!?”
 
This time Itachi actually rolled his eyes, he couldn't help it. “No… her unique abilities can help prove what I am telling the truth.”
 
They all looked confused.
 
Ransom, Itachi scoffed at the thought. “Ransom is beneath my standards.” He claimed as an afterthought.
 
Sasuke snorted at that.
 
Itachi's eyes glanced over to him.
 
“Standards?” Sasuke spat. “I wouldn't have thought a person with your past actually had any standards but that you'd do anything to get what you want, like a spoiled little brat.”
 
Itachi sneered at his brother. “You know nothing little brother of what you speak so you should be advised to keep quiet.”
 
Sasuke smirked tauntingly. “Awhh you gonna make me big brother?” he jabbed sarcastically. “You have to come out of that barrier first to do anything to me.” The reminder was smug.
 
Jiraiya interrupted their little sibling spat. “How can her miko ki help you?” he argued.
 
Itachi attention snapped to him and sighed… he couldn't wait for this to be over with… With a last glare at his younger brother he answered the Toad Sanin's question. “No… not her miko ki… her kekkai genkai.”
 
Jiraiya blinked “How?” he pressed. He knew how already of course, but he wanted to know just how much Itachi knew about Kagome. This information is vital, and if it went into the wrong hands, Kagome would be at a serious disadvantage should anyone come up with a way to counteract against her abilities.
 
Itachi fixed him with a serious stare. “I myself am not able tospeak the words that will prove my innocence. It does not mean I cannot think it.”
 
Tsunade shook her head, not believing it. “That still won't prove anything, you could still be lying!”
 
Itachi's gaze traveled slowly to her. “She can look through my memories, you cannot make those up. She will sift through my mind and can see what I went through. It will be like watching a show replay through her head. And she can either tell you or show you herself.”
 
Kakashi glared, he didn't like how Itachi knew all of this and was spreading it around like everyday gossip. This was Kagome's clan secrets and only she should be able to reveal it if she so chooses to. “How do you even know this?! You're not a part of her clan!” he challenged angrily.
 
Itachi snorted, turning his intellectual arrogant eyes his way. He was seriously getting tired of this… so many questions and annoyances. “You forget that I was close to her father before he passed away. He wanted someone other than Kagome to know the secrets incase she had questions and to help her out and he wasn't there to answer them. Her father entrusted me with her life but then I was required to leave. And now I must wait for her to do me this one favor.”
 
Sasuke snorted at that, and he smirked as a thought came to him. “What makes you think she would actually do this for you huh?! It's your fault she's unconscious!”
 
Naruto went into shock when he heard that, his movements frozen. Itachi… this bastard… almost killed Kagome?!?
 
Naruto glared at Itachi, one so cold that it was past 200 degrees below zero. His red eyes flashed in fury as he glared at the person who caused all the mayhem and brutal injuries to his dear friend.
 
Itachi, unaware of the ticking time bomb known as Naruto narrowed his eyes at Sasuke. “Do not accuse me of that for it was a mistake and not one on my part. It was supposed to be the Jinchuuriki, not her,” with a nod of his head he gestured to Kagome. “That was supposed to be caught in that. But someone did not keep on eye like he was supposed to.”
 
He threw a glare in the direction where Kisame was hidden, who froze before he quickly looked away nervously, fidgeting lightly.
 
That hit Naruto hard as he sputtered in outrage and incredulity. “And that helps?!” He blurted out. This guy was freakin nutty! Out of his mind! Missing more then a few screws and marbles! Seriously!!
 
Itachi turned his eyes to him, and his eyebrows rose at his appearance. He took the image in, studying him before he graced him with an answer. “You would have not been as hurt, we both know that. And in addition it was supposed to be you that I should be carrying so as to ensure she would do this, now I shall have to wait until she awakens.”
 
At that second a pain and agony filled groan sounded out. “Ughhhhh… oh my freakin' Kami…Ow. Ow. Ow… Why the hell does it feel like I've been slammed repeatedly `gainst concrete…?” she moaned out quietly.
 
“Kagome!” everyone gasped out, startled.
 
Itachi let out a blank chuckle. “Because you pretty much did.”
 
Kagome's eyes popped open at the unfamiliar voice. “Who the?” her eyes widened as she scanned over Itachi's face. “Who the hell are you?!” She screamed out and she struggled wildly, before a fist shot out, crashing into his cheek.
 
Caught off guard Itachi dropped her, not quite expecting her to react like that.
 
`thud'
 
Kagome's eyes widened at the impact, before her she flinched as a delayed reaction, eyes clenched shut. “Fucking A! That hurt!!” She roared out, insanely pissed.
 
Everyone stared at her wide eyed with gaping mouths. She wasn't supposed to be awake yet! The anesthesia…
 
“… Oh shit…” Tsunade cursed.
 
Itachi took her away before she got her regular dose.
 
Kagome growled at Itachi, an inhuman sound. “Fucking bastard! You didn't have to drop me!” she snapped… she didn't exactly appreciate the fall and to top it all of she just woke up… she was already in a crappy mood because of her injuries and waking up and the drop was just the icing to the cake.
 
Ignoring the pain from her injuries for a moment Kagome went into a crouch, giving Itachi a once over before she flipped back to put some space between them.
 
It didn't really work.
 
“Tsk tsk tsk. Where do you think you're going?” a void voice whispered into her ear.
 
Itachi was crouched right behind her.
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed at nothing and she clenched her jaw. “Away from you, dumbass.” She swiftly swept her leg back as to trip him.
 
Itachi jumped up to dodge it.
 
Predicting that, Kagome's hand jerked up in the air and grabbed onto Itachi's ankle. She pulled him down and swung him away.
 
Itachi flipped and landed gracefully on the ground, skidding. He smirked, an excited glint in his eyes.
 
Kagome reached down to grab some kunai out of her pouch before her eye ticked. She slowly looked down and cursed. “Fucking great, the one time I'm fighting against a freakin S-class missing nin I have no goddamn weapons!” She had noticed the hitai-ate on his forehead, and remembered what the slash represented. And judging by his aura, she could tell just how strong he was.
 
She twitched when she realized something else. “Awhh hell! And to top it all off I'm wearin' a damn hospital gown!” she stomped her foot childishly.
 
Itachi chuckled darkly as her friends looked on worriedly. How was she going to fight Itachi when she didn't have any weapons on her? True she could always use taijutsu and ninjutsu, but she was at a serious disadvantage.
 
Kagome glared at Itachi when he laughed at her, lips twisted into a scowl. “Ahh just stuff it you ass!”
 
She stood up from her crouch, but wobbled on her feet a little, still weak. She was breathing heavily right now. -There's no way I can fight like this and win…-- She was stiff and her muscles and bones throbbed and ached. Her chakra was at a little past half recovered, and her miko ki was even lower.
 
She watched Itachi warily as she tried concentrating her miko ki covertly. Gathering it together she started to heal herself with what little energy she had.
 
Itachi watched her and it clicked in his head what she was doing. Sprinting forward he took a few kunai out of his pouch and chucked it at her.
 
Her concentration breaking, she caught two of the kunai with her hands and dodged most of them; a few of them grazed her left arm, her left thigh, and the last flew through the tips of her hair when she tried dodging, slicing a few strands.
 
She held one kunai in her right hand and she gripped the other one with her mouth.
 
Itachi took out another kunai as he approached her and jabbed it at her as soon as she was in reaching distance.
 
Kagome blocked it away with the kunai in her hand and aimed a kick to his stomach.
 
Itachi jumped back, her foot missing him by an inch, before flipping over to her and kicking the kunai out of her hand.
 
As his foot made contact with her wrist she pulled it back to her chest as a reflex. It hurt. Pushing back the pain Kagome aimed a punch at him with her other hand but missed.
 
Itachi caught her wrist, and twisted it painfully.
 
Biting down hard on the kunai in her mouth she kept down a yelp. Quicker than ever she grasped Itachi's forearm and jerked her arm down and back, bringing Itachi down with her.
 
As he came down she tried to punch him in the face, and this time she actually didn't miss.
 
She struck him against the nose and blood spurted out from them force. Itachi let her go and flipped back away. He looked at her, his eyes a little wide at that she actually hit him.
 
Kagome stumbled back a little, and the kunai dropped from her mouth only for her hand to catch it as she let out some deep breaths. She watched for Itachi's next move now.
 
Itachi brought up his hand to wipe the blood of his face, glowering at Kagome while he did so.
 
Flicking the blood away Itachi activated the Mangekyo Sharingan and Kagome tensed at the spike of chakra.
 
Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi, Sasuke, and Naruto stiffened at the sight, there was no way Kagome could endure that! Especially in her condition! She could be out for months.
 
Tsunade looked at Kagome anxiously, afraid for her life.
 
Unlike most of them, she knew something about Kagome's past.
 
And whereas Kakashi and Jiraiya knew of most of it, they didn't know all of it and if Itachi put her through to basically relive that past… she highly doubted that Kagome would pull through it at all, nevertheless with her mind intact.
 
“Kagome! Get away from him right now. Break the fucking barrier! Hide! SOMEthing! Just get your ass out of there!” she pressed harshly.
 
Kagome turned to her confused, eyebrows pulled down as she took in the warning. She didn't really notice his eyes as of yet, just felt an increase of his signal. “What? Why-” she was cut off by Itachi appearing right in front of her and kicking her in the side.
 
The force knocked her to the ground and she rolled over repeatedly, limbs flailing. After she stopped she didn't move for a moment.
 
“Kagome!!” they cried out, fear ridden in their voices.
 
Suddenly Kagome coughed, spitting out blood as she did so. Ignoring the searing pain at her side she dragged herself up to a sitting position before she awkwardly stood up. She glared at Itachi coldly. She was not happy and she was getting sick of this… she was not a freakin' punching bag for crying out loud!
 
Sucking in a deep breath she closed her eyes. She finally activated her Seishigan and when her eyes opened, two cold eyes void of any emotion glared at Itachi with sapphire diamond pupils outlined in midnight blue with four smaller blood red diamonds.
 
Itachi smirked smugly at her which pissed her even more off. She charged towards Itachi with inhuman speed, concentrating chakra at her feet.
 
It surprised Itachi, not expecting her to go that fast in her condition and he stiffened, preparing himself.
 
Kagome reached him and feigned left as she pulled back her fist. Itachi fell for it and moved right to dodge. Quickly, Kagome jumped and twisted in the air, swinging her leg up against Itachi's side and kicking him with as much force she could summon with her still chakra induced foot.
 
Itachi was tossed through the air and slammed his back against a tree across the clearing and a loud `crack' echoed as the tree snapped greatly. As the tree shook violently, leaves raining down the braches.
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes though, analyzing this outcome. -Too easy— She shouldn't have gotten that good of a hit, not when Itachi was previously dodging her attacks so easily.
 
The Itachi Kagome just kicked `poofed' away, a log in its place as another Itachi phased behind Kagome. He reached for Kagome.
 
Feeling the shift if the air behind her she shot her hand back and gripped Itachi's oncoming hand. Twisting it, she jerked Itachi forward and shoved her elbow into his gut, hard.
 
Again Itachi just `poofed' away with another log in his place.
 
Kagome growled under her breath, annoyed. “Stop playing these `effin games and get serious you bastard.” She ordered him harshly.
 
Suddenly Kagome shut her eyes tightly as she felt a searing pain on her back and the next thing she knew she was soaring through the air.
 
Kagome's eyes opened and she saw she was coming up on the barrier wall fast, the one where most of her friends and sensei were behind.
 
She saw all their faces as she was flying towards them, and took them in to pass the time.
 
Tsunade looked pisser than ever as she used all her strength to punch through the barrier with no avail.
 
Jiraiya look just as angry but his eyes were scared for her safety. He couldn't do anything else, he knew the barrier was impenetrable, he even thought he could do some kind of jutsu from out here that could maybe help her in there, but it was sealed tight.
 
Kakashi was watching her with both his Sharingan eye and his regular one. They had a serious glint in them, but overall he was worried and concerned. He was anxious at the outcome of this battle, he had faith in Kagome of course but he knew she was no match against Itachi, she was only a genin! Itachi was ANBU captain at her age!
 
Sasuke's eyes were feral, getting an evil spark in eyes. Weird markings started to cover his skin as a curse mark on his neck was revealed to Kagome.
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes at that. -That's something I definitely need to talk to him about when I get done with this… -- she mentally grimaced. -ifI get out of this…-- she corrected reluctantly.
 
Naruto looked torn, red eyes staring intently at her as the red chakra enveloping him lashed out wildly in random directions. Thankfully everyone kept their distance
 
Kagome blinked at the sight. -well you don't see that everyday… damn I sure missed a lot these past few years--
 
As she came closer to the barrier she realized something; she was going to crash face first into it if she didn't do something soon.
 
“Crap…” she muttered out sourly.
 
She shifted her body, and she impacted the barrier wall, her shoulder slamming against it roughly. A loud crack was heard.
 
“Arrughhhhh!!” Kagome gritted out at the sharp burning pain.
 
She dislocated her shoulder.
 
“Kagome!” Kagome heard Tsunade gasp out.
 
“Are you ok!” Kakashi's voice came to her ears.
 
Kagome's jaw clenched dangerously tightly as she swung her head to give a Kakashi a blank stare. Of freakin' course she wasn't ok! That much should be obvious.
 
His worried and concerned face though hit a nerve and her eyes soften. Putting on a brave face she nodded confidently. “It's… I'm good…” she rasped out through the pain.
 
She winced as another wave of pain washed over her.
 
Jiraiya grimaced. He could guess what was wrong. “Your shoulders dislocated isn't it?” he prodded softly.
 
Kagome peeked open one eye, the diamond pupil settling on the Toad Sannin. She nodded curtly.
 
“Kagomee” Naruto whined out, his animalistic characteristics showing as he looked at her distraughtly.
 
Kagome glanced over to him, and put on a crooked smile, trying to placate him. “I'll be fine Naruto-kun, stop worrying…” she tried cracking a joke to relieve the tension. “You're worst than me when I'm pms'ing.”
 
Naruto blinked at her, his eyes going back to blue at the unexpected joke. The corners of his lips turned up slightly, despite the situation. He shook his head of negative thoughts, and cheered her on. “Kick his ass Kagome!”
 
Kagome grinned. “Will do!” she agreed, before she winced again.
 
Sasuke's voice made her turn her attention to him. “You have to put your shoulder back in place if you want to continue fighting. You have to slam it against something hard.” He advised her reluctantly… it was going to hurt like a bitch when she did it though…
 
Kagome mouth dropped at that. -Awhhh man!!--
 
She nodded though, and started to drudge herself up. “Wish me luck!” she muttered sarcastically.
 
“Good luck!” Naruto called out despite her tone.
 
Everyone turned to glare at him. Naruto looked confused. “What?!”
 
Kagome shook her head, laughing a little. Then she remembered her opponent.
 
She looked around for him, only to see him standing not too far away from her, arms crossed as he looked on with an egoistic smirk. He didn't think she would really do it.
 
Well she'd show him.
 
She glared daggers at him and dragged her self over to a nearby tree. Pulling her shoulder back she glanced at Itachi, only to smirk at his slightly wider eyes.
 
She turned back to the tree and clenched her eyes shut as she swung her shoulder into the tree, waiting for the intense flashing burn of pain. It hit roughly with a `thwack' and Kagome, along with Naruto and Sasuke, cringed at the unnerving sound.
 
Her shoulder popped back in and she couldn't help the caterwaul that forced its way out of her mouth. She dropped to the ground, twisting so that she could lean against the trunk of the tree.
 
Breathing heavily as the pain started to numb away she ran her left hand across her collar bone and gripped her shoulder.
 
She blinked as she felt something peculiar under her hospital gown. A necklace.
 
Her necklace…her enchanted necklace that a certain taiyoukai sensei gave her.
 
She gasped lightly and looked down, grabbing at the necklace from her dress, and laughed wildly but yet relieved.
 
Itachi looked at her strangely, wondering if she went mental from the pain.
 
Her friends called out to her from behind, worried. “Kagome?!” they shouted.
 
She slapped her head suddenly, still laughing. “Stupid, stupid, stupid!!”
 
She stopped suddenly and gazed at the necklace. On an ebony chain hung small little charms. One was a blue crescent moon. The rest were various swords, staffs, and knives and other nifty weapons.
 
She smirked sadistically and she lifted her head to stare at Itachi with a sinister glint in her eyes. “This is gonna get fun.” She informed him matter of factly.
 
Itachi didn't say anything, just resorting to stare at her coldly.
 
Kagome snickered. “You know? You look just like this dear friend of mine with that stare.”
 
Itachi narrowed his eyes.
 
Kagome got a thoughtful look on her face. Yep, most definitely something he would do. “He's the one that gave me this pretty necklace, as a good bye present; I thought it was still at the hospital with all my other things…” Her voice was filled with admiration and affection.
 
Behind her, Naruto got a strange look in his eyes as they flashed to blue and back. He bit his lip before looking down. Was this friend of hers… more than a friend…?
 
“I miss him, I truly do. And I hope I'll get to meet up with him one day. He was like a wonderful brother to me, I love him very much.” She informed him, nodding her head
 
Naruto's head shot up at that and he sighed, relieved.
 
Sasuke snorted lightly at him, which Naruto overlooked.
 
Kagome went on. “You want to know what this is?”
 
Itachi just cocked his eyebrow at her.
 
Kagome smirked at him and in a low dangerous voice she told him. “Something that holds all of my weapons given to me by him, and my other group of friends that I left… and I know the perfect one for you.”
 
She gripped a charm and ripped it off, and a bright gold light emitted from her hand.
 
As soon as the gold light disappeared, it revealed a smooth black staff, the curved slightly to the left at the top, where it was wrapped tightly with thin strips of golden cloth tape.
 
Itachi blinked… a staff? He thought it was going to be a sword… or something… just not a staff. Kagome just didn't seem like the staff person.
 
His eyebrow rose as he regarded her coolly. “A staff?” he asked cockily. He knew it wasn't going to hurt him; it was too thick and bulky, she wouldn't be able to maneuver it fast enough to hit him.
 
Kagome smirked smugly though, and snickered. “Don't be so sure of yourself smartass. Not everything is as you see it.” And she held out her staff horizontally in front of her, and put a hand on the tip of her staff. She grinned wildly as she gripped it and snapped her wrist to the side, flicking the staff to the left.
 
The sound of a sword unsheathing filled everyone's ears as a part of the staff slid of and went flying into a tree, and hit it with a `clunk' before dropping to the ground.
 
`thud'
 
In Kagome's hand now was a long, curved sword that was hidden from inside the staff.
 
Her staff was actually a shikomizue, and the newly revealed sword was an uchigatana.
 
Kagome held up the sword in front of her, turning it to one side and back as she examined it closely.
 
She gave a small taunting smile to Itachi. “This is one of my most prized possessions…”
 
She turned it again, watching with fascination as the sunlight glinted off it.
 
Kagome's smile turned into an excited grin. “Let's test her out shall we?” And she charged at Itachi, channeling her chakra at her feet to pick up speed.
 
“Meet Hogosha you bastard!” Kagome hollered out at him as she came closer.
 
--
 
Kagome was sprawled to the ground against a tree, Hogosha already returned to its place on her necklace as soon as it was cast aside once Itachi knocked it out of her grip. She breathed deeply through her nose, her nostrils flaring as she tried to calm herself from the adrenaline rush she came from before.
 
She had various slashes, a couple were deep, not dangerously so but blood flew freely from the. The rest were just small scratches.
 
Itachi's lips were turned up into a malevolent smirk as he made his way to her, clad in an oversized gray shirt with a fitted mesh shirt underneath and loose fitted black trouser pants which the hem was wrapped tightly at mid-calf. White cloth covered the rest of his calves and he adorned.
 
He had a semi-deep gash of his own, and knicks and scratches covered him as well. He was almost just as injured as Kagome… almost…
 
As soon as Kagome went charging at him he threw off his Akatsuki cloak to the side, and pulled out a sword of his own.
 
Something Kagome didn't know but found out the hard way was that swordplay was Itachi's specialty…
 
Itachi had to give credit when it was due though; Kagome was very good, but obviously not good enough. She must have been very well trained to parry off his sword for a good fifteen minutes, but she made one slight mistake and he was able to knock the pretty little sword out from her hands and knock her to her ass.
 
As he approached her he had to admit that if she was not so injured she would have stood longer and actually do some serious damage…
 
Picking her up by the throat, Itachi jeered at her “Is this the best you can do?”
 
“Kagome!!” Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Kakashi shouted out, watching them intently.
 
The rest of them, especially Sasuke and Naruto, were paler than ever, shock stiffened them to the core from the scene that just played by to their eyes. They couldn't believe she actually was able to stand her own against Itachi with his sword and not die…
 
Kagome smirked at him arrogantly. “Course not” she rasped out, calmly.
 
Itachi glared at her before concentrating the Mangekyo Sharingan on her.
 
Sasuke was shaken out of his shock at that moment. “NO!” he bellowed out, fist slamming against the barrier in fear and anger. Not that… anything but that…
 
“Tsukuyomi!” Itachi yelled out as he stared directly into Kagome's eyes.
 
Kagome stared back, confidently and defiantly, the diamonds in her Seishigan eyes turning so that they were horizontal as she counteracted the attack. She laughed in his face before speaking in a dark voice. “Sucks for you cause that don't work on me!” she shouted at him before she quickly brought up her hand and flicked her wrist.
 
A short blue white glowing whip formed in her hand and she flicked it to Itachi.
 
Stunned stiff that his Sharingan attack didn't work he didn't even try to move away.
 
His eyes widened a fraction as realization struck… he forgot that Sharingan attacks don't affect the Higurashi clan when their Seishigan is in effect…
 
The whip wrapped itself around Itachi's ankles and Kagome flicked back her wrist, pulling it taut and resulting in Itachi getting his feet pulled out from under him.
 
Surprised he let go of Kagome's neck and she dropped to the ground. She let the whip dissipate as she flipped back away from him and crouched to the ground.
 
Kagome smirked, very pleased with herself. “This is what you get for dropping me you jerk.”
 
Said `jerk' narrowed his eyes suspiciously, tensing slightly.
 
With one hand behind her back she did hand signals.
 
“Element Surprise: Style one!” she yelled .
 
A ball started to form in her hand. A shifting ball of earth, encased by swirling water, covered by orange fire, surrounded by cackling strikes of lighting, and circled by wisps of unseen wind was perched in Kagome's right hand.
 
Grinning fiendishly she charged towards Itachi, rapt on doing some significant damage.
 
Itachi stood his ground and awaited her, form rigid as he took a stance to block the attack.
 
Kagome snuck her hand behind her back yet again and did some more hand signals, overlooked by Itachi.
 
Once Kagome was close enough to hit Itachi she closed her fist, putting out the attack just as he was about to offset her jutsu.
 
Itachi blinked at her at the abrupt action and he faltered in his move.
 
Kagome stuck him in the gut instead, and he fell back to the ground stunned. Kagome skidded to a halt and stuck her fist into the ground. “Botanic Hypnosis; Purity” she shouted out.
 
Vines tore from the ground, glowing a blue white color as they coiled around Itachi's body, hugging him tightly. They up heaved him up from the ground, holding him captive as he struggled wildly from his binds.
 
Kagome laughed at him, the ridiculing sound ceasing his resistance. “You're not getting out of those.” Kagome stiffened as she heard a faint rustle of leaves.
 
“And I advise your partner to not try anything lest he wants you to be torn into little pieces…”
 
Itachi narrowed his eyes at her but sighed. “Desist Kisame. Do not try anything, just divulge your position.”
 
Kagome nodded appreciatively as Kisame walked out, glaring at the tiny girl. When he reached his partner he studied the glowing vine and reached out to it.
 
“Ah! You don't want to do that.” Kagome chirped wittingly.
 
Kisame's eyes snapped to her, an eyebrow cocked at her skeptically. “And why is that?”
 
Kagome just shrugged loftily. “Well you are part demon, correct?”
 
Kisame didn't answer her, just stared at her.
 
Kagome's eye ticked, irritated at the silence.
 
Itachi sighed again, a hint of exasperation in it this time. “Yes, he is.” He answered for his partner, wanting to get this over with.
 
Kisame turned a glare at Itachi, who just ignored it.
 
Kagome snorted at the two. “Then unless you don't want to be purified into dust, I suggest you leave the vines alone.”
 
Kisame's eyes were wide as he stepped back from the vines; Kagome snickered not so inconspicuously.
 
“Kagome! What are you doing?! Kill him already!” an angry voice yelled out.
 
Kagome looked over her shoulder, and cocked an eyebrow at Sasuke. “Why? He's not gonna hurt anyone anymore, he can't get out of those unless I let him.” Kagome's head snapped over to Kisame. “And no, knocking me out won't help either.” She told him flatly.
 
Kisame's eyes bugged. “How did you…”
 
Kagome rolled her diamond eyes. “Mind reader, literally.” She clarified for him.
 
Itachi stared at her, eyes intent. “So you know why am here?”
 
Kagome turned her gaze to him, and gave him a blank stare. “Uhhh no. I didn't exactly have time to concentrate seeing as I was a little preoccupied fighting for my life.” She pointed out flatly.
 
Itachi's eyebrows furrowed. “Then why did you not go through with that attack? You could have probably killed me with it, or at least put me out for a while.”
 
Kagome shrugged pretentiously “I knew you were holding back, I thought it was too easy for me to actually get that many hits on you, especially with your abilities and chakra signals. So I figured there's got to be a reason, so lemme hear it.”
 
“You're actually gonna hear us out after we blew you up, kidnapped you, dislocated your shoulder, and hit and cut you a shit load of times?” Kisame blurted out, incredulous.
 
Kagome's eyes bugged out. “You freakin' blew me up?!?” she roared at them, way passed a little miffed.
 
Itachi glared at Kisame, that idiot. “No, he blew you up, I did the rest. And if he was not an idiot, it would have been the blond boy who would have gotten caught in it; he would have fared better than you.”
 
Kagome's eye ticked wildly. “And that's supposed to make it all better?!... no just…” she sighed frustratingly. “Just whatever… tell me what you want now, I'll deal with that crap later. Just tell me who you are and what you want.” As much as she loved Konoha, she was so close to wishing she didn't come back yet…
 
Thinking back to her friends, and `family', she knew that she never would actually do that.
 
She looked over her shoulder, and took in the sight of said `blond boy', and mentally shook her head.
 
Yep, she could never wish that, ever
 
Itachi stared at Kagome. “You do not remember me?” he asked, stupefied for once in his life.
 
Kagome blinked. “Am I supposed to?” She asked slowly.
 
Itachi didn't answer, contemplating on how he was gonna get her to help if she didn't even know who he was.
 
Kagome was studying him closely now, and a spark of recognition hit her. “Wait a sec… you look do look familiar… kinda like Sasuke-kun.
 
Itachi sighed… here it comes… “That would be because I am his older brother…” he admitted reluctantly.
 
She gasped. “The one who killed the whole Uchiha clan?!
 
He set his jaw, was there any other Uchiha left that could have possibly done it? “Yes…” he gritted out.
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes, a distinct thought clicking in her mind. “Buuut that's not how I remember you though… I remember your face specifically, I've seen you before and I wasn't friends with Sasuke until after the massacre.”
 
Itachi's eyes brightened up minutely in hope.
 
Kagome's walked up to him more closely and reached out to touch his face. Itachi's lips turned up into a small, crooked smile at the familiar gesture.
 
Flashback:
 
A young boy crouched in front of a little girl, about three years old.
 
The young boy gave a small smile as the little girl held up her hand to touch his cheek, fascinated.
 
The little girl grinned toothily. “Hi!” a small voice chirped cheerfully. “I'm Kagome!”
 
The young boy's smile widened a fraction, and he nodded politely. “Nice to meet you Kagome, I am Itachi.”
 
End Flashback-
 
“Itachi…” she murmured quietly.
 
Said person stared at her, waiting.
 
“Where do I know you from?” She inquired curiously.
 
Itachi closed his eyes and grimaced, poignant memories resurfacing in his mind.
 
“Don't do it Itachi! Don't you dare!” Tsunade spat out, fist banging against the barrier. “She hasn't gotten over it, don't do this to her!”
 
Kagome's eyes snapped to Tsunade, surprised and confused. She turned to Itachi pleadingly. “Tell me… please… I want to know, I need to know. It's like I have this huge blank, like I'm missing something really important.”
 
Itachi's eyes opened, pain evident within their depths. He looked over at Tsunade. “I have to… it is the only way…”
 
Tsunade glared at him furiously, and she punched the barrier in her anger. Her jaw clenched tightly as she braced for what was going to happen next.
 
Itachi looked deeply into Kagome's eyes, and he whispered out one word. “Kiro…”
 
Kagome blinked, her eyebrows drawing together before the dots finally connected and she gasped wildly, jerking away as she stared at him in horror. “Itachi-nii?” she mumbled out as she remembered, remembered him… remembered it all.
 
She stumbled back as the memories she put so much hard work into locking up flooded her head. She shook her head wildly, the tears filling her eyes and slipping out. She closed them tightly and dropped to the ground with a `thud'
 
“No… no no no!! No!!!” she screamed out in despair.
 
Her lip was quivering, remembering back in the day of what happened. All the blood, the screams, the dead bodies. The flashbacks of her own family's massacre replayed in her mind over and over again. Her hands went up shakily to clutch her head, trying to bar herself form them with no avail.
 
Back to the group, they looked on in horror. Sasuke and Naruto gaped, frozen as they saw the most unreal thing ever; Kagome going through an emotional breakdown.
 
Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Kakashi sighed in sorrow and sympathy. Their jaws clenched as the little girl that was shut away so long ago resurfaced.
 
“What happened to make her freak like this…?” Naruto breathed out in absolute agony.
 
Tsunade sighed again. “She's a lot like the both of you two than you know.” She insinuated, referring to both Naruto and Sasuke.
 
They jerked their heads to her, eyebrows shot up. “How?!” they cried out incredulously.
 
Tsunade bit her lip and looked down, unsure if she should reveal this or not. She mentally shook her head, it was for the best, and they would find out one way or another. “She's like you Sasuke because her clan died in a massacre. But unlike what happened in your case, one person did not kill them all. More than three-fourths of the clan turned against the rest. More like a clan war over a dispute; over Kagome.”
 
The two teen boys gaped at her.
 
She continued on “They wanted her dead because of something that happened long ago; it was before she was born, while her mother was pregnant with her. Unlike you though, she was actually there to see the whole thing.”
 
Sasuke whipped to Kagome, and just stared at her in absolute stricken horror. Poor Kagome… he was just shown what happen in a twisted action by his brother. He didn't actually witness it.
 
Tsunade turned to Naruto, face sour as she revealed the past. “She's like you Naruto because she was went through what you did with the villagers, only difference was that it was with her own blood and family.” She disclosed, a far away look in her eyes paired with swirling fury.
 
Jiraiya and Kakashi stood stiff in their positions, overhearing the Hokage's story as shock flowed through their veins. They knew Kiro, Kagome's father, was killed. They knew that the rest of her clan was killed off in a clan war over her. What they didn't was what her clan did to her and that she witnessed the mass killing.
 
Naruto's face twisted in horror as his eyes swung towards Kagome, staring at her wide eyed and clenched his fist in anger. “What?!?” he said in a deadly whisper.
 
Tsunade nodded solemnly. “She's a prodigy, and she doesn't even know it... doesn't believe it.” She corrected. “She thinks herself lower than what she really is. She went through years of verbal abuse and took it to heart. Her confidence of her abilities was shot back then…” Tsunade sighed out in frustration, before continuing.
 
“Luckily though, when she forced herself to not remember about the massacre, she also blocked those memories. But she couldn't block the emotions that had a lasting effect on her. She knows she's strong, but what she thinks is that she's not strong enough to be worthy of her clan. Takumara, a clan councilman, always put her down when she did something right, amazing… anything actually good. He was afraid of her but he couldn't let her know it. He didn't tell her she was weak, just that she wasn't good enough for the clan, and that she never will be.”
 
Tsunade gazed at Kagome admirably. “Because she wanted to prove them wrong she kept on training, but it was never enough.” She looked away.
 
“She was the heiress; she was supposed to take over when she came to age or when her father died. Most of them held a grudge against her for what happened long ago. One night when she was just four they finally decided to try and kill her while she was sleeping, but apparently she can use a barrier when she's unconscious; the reason why they acted like she was the plague in the first place.
 
It pushed them back and even some out of the house, the effect similar to an explosion as Kagome screamed out when she woke up to see them glaring at her from behind her barrier, even louder when she saw that they had weapons.
 
The explosion woke up her father, the head of the clan, and the scream caught his attention as he went to check up on her. He caught them and fought against them, starting the war.
 
The blast woke up everyone else, and those were the ones who didn't hold a grudge against Kagome. They helped fight with Kagome's father.
 
Kiro, her father, told Kagome to stay in her room and not to watch.
 
Of course, as the adventurous and rebellious little hellion she was back then,” Tsunade said with a hint of affection touching her voice, before turning void again. “She didn't listen. She went downstairs and peeked out of the window.
 
Her father and his allies were at a huge disadvantage because they were outnumbered, but Kiro himself was a prodigy so they stood strong.
 
Kagome helped out, using her elements against them. Unconsciously using vines to hold them down, and shocking them through them. Wind attacks, water, fire, little things only; it was a feat she could even use them at such a young age.
 
The battle lasted until dawn, and only two stood; Kiro and the councilman, Takumara. As a last thing of defense Takumara saw Kagome and tried to kill her off before died as well.
 
Takumara's specialty was earth element. He sent a thick column of dirt towards the window which an unsuspecting Kagome stood behind.
 
Kiro saw it and charged at his enemy, knocking Takumara over and setting him on fire, and drenching water on the column so it would crumble up before it reached Kagome.
 
Takumara was knocked out and Kiro collapsed to the ground; he was dying. Kagome ran up to him, crying, begging him not to die. After a few last words to Kagome he passed away.
 
Kagome went into shock at that moment, staring at her father in trepidation and a barrier surrounding the two from the rest of the world.
 
That's where she was found later in the day by some ANBU sent to check out the smoke.
 
She wouldn't come out of the barrier and no one could break it. They didn't know how to deal with her miko ki; it was unfamiliar to everyone in the village.
 
I was in the village at that time when I heard the ANBU were checking out the Higurashi Compound. I went over to see what happened.
 
I arrived and saw the destruction. Kagome broke the barrier when she saw me and ran over as soon as she recognized me. I picked her up and she stared at me with her Seishigan activated eyes. That's how I knew what happened. She showed me through her eyes, her kekkei genkai.
 
When she was finished she jumped off and ran into her house, putting a barrier around it and hid out in there for a couple of days until she finally passed out in exhaustion.” Tsunade finished her story softly, and closed her eyes in fatigue… one could get sick of all of this fighting, war, loss, and destruction.
 
Naruto and Sasuke looked they were just slapped in the face and run in the gut with a kunai; they couldn't believe that Kagome went through all of that…
 
Kakashi and Jiraiya were basically the same way…
 
“Kagome.” Itachi murmured softly, the concern in his voice baffling the rest of the ninjas.
 
Kagome ignored him, still engrossed in the blows of her flashbacks.
 
Itachi narrowed his obsidian eyes. “Kagome!” he said sharply.
 
Kagome's head whipped towards his, distraught eyes locking into his.
 
Resolve filled him as he yearned to comfort her… over the time when he knew her he became fond of her, unable to resist the cute face of her childish years. She became one of the few he accepted, that he could actually withstand… and there weren't many…
 
But she was grown up, almost an adult… technically already one once she accepted the hitai-ate of the village. He would not pity her… he would not baby her, it wasn't what she needed. As much as the event scared her young mind the entire world is not just good times and laughs.
 
“Get up.” He commanded her harshly.
 
Now that she recognized him, Kagome didn't expect the tone from him. She blinked before scrambling up, surprised and puzzled.
 
“Come here.” He ordered curtly.
 
Kagome walked over to him, red rimmed wide eyes staring at him in wonder. “What?” she muttered dejectedly.
 
Itachi gazed at her and his eyes soften a tad. “Stop.” He murmured lightly, but loud enough for Kagome to her him.
 
Kagome cocked her head, not understanding.
 
Itachi continued. “Stop the tears, there is no use in crying over something so long ago, something you could not control.”
 
Kagome went to argue with him, eyes flashing, but Itachi stopped her.
 
No,” he pressed fervently. “It was long ago, you cannot dwell on the past. The only thing you can do now is prove that you are worthy of your clan and make your father proud. Stand up and act towards your beliefs and nothing else… understood?” Itachi asked after his little uncharacteristic speech.
 
Kagome sniffled a bit, unsure… but after thinking about it she nodded readily but snorted. “Sheesh Itachi-kun… you didn't need to go all preaching on me… I just remembered something seriously big... a person has to grieve sometime ya know!”
 
Itachi snorted back at her. “Well forgive me for trying to help…” he muttered indigently.
 
Kagome snickered, before she remembered something. She looked at Itachi, and then Kisame. “You guys aren't going to attack or anything now, are ya?”
 
Kisame lifted his chin stubbornly. “We will if we feel the need too.”
 
Kagome studied him through narrowed eyes, before shrugging. “Whatever… good enough for me…” she waved at the limbs, releasing the jutsu.
 
The vines unwrapped from Itachi, receding back into the ground.
 
Itachi landed gracefully with a soft `thud'
 
Kagome regarded both of the missing nin. “So, back to business… what do you guys need me for?” she insisted.
 
Kisame answered. “We need you to relay to the Hokage that Itachi had ulterior motives for murdering his clan.”
 
Kagome grimaced at the mention of the Uchiha massacre, but looked at Itachi with a look of interest. She clapped her hands. “Well let's get to it then!”
 
“Kagome! What?! You're going to help him!? Especially after what he's done to us?!?” Sasuke bellowed out in anger.
 
Kagome turned to Sasuke, and sighed. “Look, I want this over with soon… and it won't hurt to try, he can't lie to me. You can't make up memories that are as realistic as the genuine one's. If he's lying I can tell.” She placated him before turning back to Itachi, the diamonds in her eyes turning horizontally. “Well… show me what you want me to show the Hokage. Just think of it in great detail.” She instructed him.
 
Itachi nodded and closed his eyes, thinking back to the one day that decided his fate…
 
--
 
Once the barrier faltered and fell, everyone ran towards Kagome, Itachi, and Kisame.
 
Itachi's story checked out and they all looked at him in a new light, especially Sasuke. He was going to be let in the village, it was decided.
 
When Kisame was asked about what he was going to do next, he just smirked and said that he held no ill feeling towards Konoha but was returning to the Akatsuki. He couldn't just leave the organization, lest he wanted to be hunted down for the rest of his life. Besides, someone had to tell their leader of Itachi's untimely `death'.
 
Supposedly his time ran out and the Sharingan finally claimed his life as he went against Konoha one last time, using up too much chakra when he was injured and his stores nearly exhausted as he attempted to perform a high chakra consuming technique…
 
And his body was burnt to a crisp by hunter nins after he died…
 
Poor, poor Itachi…
 
It was one last favor to his long time partner, brother at arms. Kisame was welcome to visit of course, as long as he doesn't threaten anyone.
 
Kagome looked at them through now regular sapphire eyes, her adrenaline rush coming to a halt and she suddenly felt dead tired. She collapsed, her knees going weak.
 
Naruto caught her before she hit the ground.
 
Kagome yawned. “Are we done now? I wanna go back to sleep…”
 
Tsunade laughed softly, giving her a small smile. “'Course you can… you did a great job hon.”
 
Kagome smiled drowsily. “Thanks…” And her eyes fluttered to a close she floated to the world of unconsciousness.
 
But before she closed her eyes completely, blue eyes stared into hers. “Sweet dreams Kag-chan…”
 
“G'night Naru-kun…” she mumbled incoherently.
 
An older, masculine voice filled her head. “Oh and Gome-chan? You pass.”
 
Kagome laughed sleepily. “Sweet, thanks Kashi-sensei.” And she promptly fell asleep.
 
Kakashi chuckled at her. “No problem Gome-chan… no problem at all. You deserve it…” he murmured softly to her.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
10,623 words
 
`Snickers' Poor Kagome… these past few chapters I've been having her pass out a lot. `Shakes head'
 
So how was it?!? It was my first fight scene ever!! I had to cut out some parts becauseit was getting a little long lol.
 
And here's a little information on Kagome's weapons. I'm actually taking it from my other story `A Miko's life in Sakura High' lol, I'm too lazy to find something new, and it fits perfectly. Hogosha means `Protector', and a shikomizue is actually a short sword hidden within a staff. But in this case it's an uchigatana, which is a long, curved sword that's quick and easy to unsheathe.
 
Well, now you get a little input on how our little Kagome came to be, and what exactly her Seishigan can do. More will be revealed when the next chapter comes out of course!
 
Well, I guess all I can say now is, review please!!Constructive criticism is of course welcomed and very much desired! But no flames!! If you have questions, voice em out!!
 
Bye everyone!
 
Take care!,
-RainLily
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Review Replies—
 
Buzzk97- Thanks!! ^^ Hahah yea, Kagome is having it rough isn't she? :3 I know Naruto and Kyuubi talking like that isn't canon, but I thought it was needed, lol Kyuubi preventing his host from having a nervous breakdown and all. Ahh Sasuke, I never really know how to write him truthfully, but I figured his way to help Naruto would really be to order him around and what not. Again, thanks so much! I really hope you enjoyed this chappy!
 
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Decided Pairings—
 
Kagome/Naruto
 
 
--Pairings Pole—
 
I need some input on pairings for later on so help me out?
 
Sasuke/Hinata: 1
 
Sasuke/?: some suggestions please?
 
Sasuke/OC
 
Kakashi/Anko: 1
 
Kakashi/?: Heheh again… suggestions?
 
Kakashi/OC
 
Jiraiya/Tsunade: 1
 
If there's any other pairings you want to see tell me then! I need these so I can decide where the story goes!! (Itachi, Ino, Kiba, Shino, Neji… etc.) Oh, no suggestions for Sakura though please, I've already made plans for her.