Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Stains of the Heart ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One
 
A tear fell from a sparkling blue eye, while a hand was brought up to cover the other. The woman sobbed only once, a long, loud, whine following soon after, while she sat on the forest floor. Her hands were covered in red, as was most of her face and neck, while her mind continued to go back to one thing and one thing only. The one thing that continued to plague her, wanting more and more and more and more and more
 
Blood…”
 
Shaking the thought away, the woman stood, showing off her blood covered face completely, even as the still somewhat wet substance began to slid down her face and neck onto her clothing. She sighed, seeing it drip down from her eyelash and onto her cheek, while feeling another slithering drop pass over the side of her mouth. Her tongue snaked out from between her slightly parted lips, catching the drop on the tip. Her body shook from the taste, a small, wicked grin forming on her lips. I wonder who possessed such blood? Such a sweet taste… it is a shame they're now dead.
 
But she knew, she sought comfort this way. She'd ended up testing her jutsu on her own brother, after all, and then her entire Clan. Just so she could make the ache go away. Just so she could hope to find peace within the fact that she had found what she wanted. Blood was so easily obtained, even if she had to use her own weapon to seek her own. She wanted it, she found comfort in the fact that she did, and she had decided long ago that she was not going to allow others to stand in her way.
 
Her feet simply began to move, even when she did not realize it completely in her musing. She wanted more, now, but knew that it would be quite some time before she could go on another killing spree such as the last one she'd went on. It caused her to burn, wishing that she would be able to kill more, bring the blood she wanted from their bodies and have it shower down upon her. But that could not be, not yet. She needed other things as well, even if her thoughts centered around the blood that she wished to obtain, that she wanted.
 
Taking a shaking breath, she shut her eyes, stumbling over the forest floor. One of her hands dug her nails into her face, still covering her left eye in hope that the slight pain would make the ache go away. Her other hand reached up to wrap around her throat, slightly digging the nails into the flesh of her slender neck. She needed to make the ache go away, but she knew that she'd need to surround herself around people in order to do so. She needed to surround herself in many people so that she remind herself over and over again that she couldn't do what she wanted to at the moment. It was possible, but not what she…
 
Damn it, it was what she wanted, but it was what she couldn't have. She was no longer apart of a village, though she doubted anyone knew she'd killed her Clan. The village she'd once been apart of in Lightning Country was far behind her and she'd disappeared after killing everyone who'd once surrounded her, loved her. She sneered at the very idea, for she knew that behind her back they'd gave her dirty, hateful, and sinful looks that smothered the love they claimed they'd had for her. There was only one thing she could truly love and she sucked in another shaking breath at the mere thought of it.
 
Blood…”
 
Opening her right eye, she made sure to dig her nails in just far enough to allow a small amount of oxygen into her lungs each time she inhaled. She liked the pain, she did, but she was merely cutting off her oxygen intake to a certain degree in order to put her mind on something different for once. So that she could take her mind off the thing that had haunted her since the night of her Clan's destruction, the very night she'd fled, knowing that she would have been killed on sight if anyone knew of what she'd done. No one would, though, for she'd fucked the bodies up so badly that they wouldn't even be recognized by anyone who tried to pick out who was who. After all, she didn't have just one jutsu that forced a persons chakra to rebel against the body and kill them, but five. Five deadly jutsus that could be chalked up as forbidden arts—not that she cared, though.
 
They were apart of her, the only things she knew she could relay on. The only things that she knew she could keep close to her and never have they try to go against her. Why, though, she found herself obsessed, she did not know. She still did not know. She wished she knew, but she didn't. She'd often thought that it might have to do with the seal on her arm, but her father had once told her that it was nothing. Merely a symbol to tell others which Clan she was apart of, but she doubted that even now.
 
The man had lied many times to her, after all. What would have stopped him then?
 
Allowing the hand covering her left eye to fall to her side, running the nails through the blood on her face first, she continued to walk forward. She could see quite well, even though the sun was just beginning to rise, and it was not hard to see the path up ahead. Nor was it hard to hear the sound of someone calling out `pervert' and then silence reining over the forest as if they'd sensed her. Not that she'd be surprised.
 
An ache formed in her chest, silently asking her to go forward, to attack the people that she knew were close by. Though their chakra was strange to her, telling her that she did not know them, she could still sense they were close by. Waiting in silence for her to step out onto the path, most likely so they could attack her. That would never do. She was always the one to surprise her opponent; she would not allow anyone to ever say they'd managed to surprise her. It was one of her strong points, that and chakra control, and she would make sure that no one within Fire Country forgot it.
 
Oh, she knew exactly where she was. She'd often been educated on the different Countries and the villages within them. Her father had thought it best that she knew of such things in case she ever needed them, though she still did not understand why. But she'd known as soon as she'd stepped into Fire Country. She also knew from the terrain that she was beginning to grow near to Konohagakure, though she did not care. True, she needed to surround herself with people, but there was no way she was going to simply walk into an unknown village. Perhaps one that was not filled with shinobi ready to impale her on weapons, but one that was, was not on her list of places to go.
 
Not unless she had to. Especially in her current condition—she was not stupid; she knew for a fact that they'd instantly begin asking questions. First they'd wish to know where she was from, and then they'd wish to know why she was covered in blood, if she'd ended up fighting with another shinobi and whatnot. Those were questions that she did not wish to answer at the moment and she did not know where there was a river, nor a hot spring. She did not know, thus she would not go; it was as simple as that.
 
Her senses were on alert, her skin tingling slightly at the strange chakra that she felt from one of the three beings she knew were somewhere on the path before her. A chakra that caused a strange voice, the one that always brought forth the idea of blood, to flood within her mind. She'd often thought that perhaps she was beginning to go crazy, but there were times when she knew she was very sane. Still, the voice was overpowering, always able to make her do as it wanted, and she hated that.
 
Hated the fact that it made her feel weak. Hated the fact that she was often dreaming of demons and such. Hated the fact that she often found herself within the body of a huge dog that contained five tails. A creature known as the Houkou, though her father had once given her a horrified look when she'd mentioned it. Especially since she knew that before she was born the creature had roamed the land just outside their village, but the story had never been finished. Her father simply said that the creature vanished.
 
Shukaku,” the voice hissed. It filled her head, causing her to wonder just what the hell it meant. Once in a while she thought that perhaps it was her conscience, but something told her that that was not the case. It couldn't be. No, not with the fact that it never helped her, and never said more than a few words, most of which were demanding that she find blood. To rub it along her skin and release it from its prison, though she still did not understand what it meant.
 
Taking a step forward, she stepped out onto the path, listening to the sounds of the place around her. She heard a gasp, which caused her gaze to snap toward the small trio standing not far away from her. A woman and two males, though her eyes lingered for the longest time on the color of hair one of them possessed. Her lips parted slightly, her eyes locked onto the color, her body silently trying to get away from the thoughts that began rushing through her head. Her mind was held tightly by the strange voice, the one that began speaking to her once more, making her once more question her sanity.
 
Shukaku has been extracted from his vessel…” the voice stopped for a moment, the image of the dog once more flashing through her thoughts. “Shukaku has been extracted… but his chakra still lingers on the vessel…
 
Shut up, she hissed. She received a mild chuckling for her answer, but it faded away until she wasn't even sure if she'd heard the voice at all. If this hadn't been the first time she'd heard it then she would have questioned her own mind. Questioned if she was truly all there. Questioned if the voice was truly coming from inside her head, or from some outside force that she couldn't see. She truly doubted that, just as she doubted a lot of things in life, but there was always the possibility. A big possibility that someone was trying to fuck with her head!
 
She dug her nails deeper into her neck, almost cutting off the oxygen she inhaled completely, her chest rising higher with each intake she took. Her eyes continued to stare at this “vessel” as the voice liked to call him, since it continued to mutter about it in the back of her head, though very quiet, almost to the point that she could not hear it. She would never understand the reason why it stopped speaking with her, deciding instead to merely hide itself away.
 
Her eyes widened when the blonde took a step toward her, but her vision only took in the color of the male's hair. Blood… roamed through her thoughts, but she knew that it had not come from the voice, but her own thoughts. She dug her nails deeper into her throat, waiting for the lack of oxygen to knock her unconscious, or at least hopefully. Her body screamed for her to let go, but she took a step away from the blonde woman, the lack of oxygen causing her to sway lightly.
 
Her deep blue eyes shut closed, ripping her away from the color of the male's hair on purpose. She needed more! Her hands wanted to begin making hand signs, or at least go for her weapons as the blonde once more cautiously stepped toward her. A growl rose from her throat, stopping the blonde to her amusement, though a black fog was beginning to take over her vision. She knew she would not last much longer and for that she was glad. She needed to sleep, because maybe then she would be able to forget about the thing that she so wanted and once more go on without it for a while.
 
The voice went through her mind once more before she fell forward, her hand falling away from her bloody neck. “Blood…”
 
OoO
 
Kankurou frowned, “I don't like this, Temari. You should just leave her there.” He shuddered, “Or maybe you haven't noticed the fact that she'd covered in layers of blood.” He shuddered again, gazing down at the woman Temari was kneeling by. Gods, that reminds me of Gaara before the chuunin exams.
 
Temari snorted, “You can't be so quick to judge, Kankurou. She might have simply gotten into a fight with another shinobi who tried to take her life.”
 
“Yeah, well,” Kankurou's frown deepened, “You don't even know where she came from. She doesn't have a headband on her, or any papers from any Kage saying that she'd permitted into Konoha. I doubt she's here for a simple walk.”
 
“She reeks of death,” Gaara stated, staring down at the woman emotionlessly. He really didn't care whether Temari treated her or not, as long as he no longer had to feel as if something was going to suddenly jump out at him. He wasn't used to the feeling, though he knew what it felt like, and he didn't like it. He suspected it was the woman's fault, even if she was probably around their age from the looks of things.
 
“Exactly,” Kankurou nodded. “See, Gaara agrees with me. We should leave her here, or better yet, kill her.”
 
“I said nothing about agreeing with you, Kankurou,” Gaara glared, his aqua eyes settling on his brother.
 
“Ahhh…”
 
“Kankurou, just be quiet for once.” Temari felt ready to snap. She wasn't going to let this woman just lay there, especially not so close to a shinobi village. She could be raped, or killed, or something. “I'm helping her whether you want me to or not,” she growled.
 
“Fine,” he muttered, “but when she tries to kill you, don't come running to me for help.”
 
“I doubt someone would try to kill the person who saved their life,” Temari replied. She frowned. “She doesn't seem to have any wounds,” she whispered, “but I still think we should take her with us, in case she's lost or something. Do you want to feel guilty for leaving an innocent woman out in the wilderness, where anything could happen to her, Kankurou?”
 
“Define anything,” he scoffed. “Its not like I care if she gets herself into trouble. From the looks of things she can take care of herself quite well. And besides, can't you see the weapons she's got on her? Or are you blind now, Temari?”
 
“She's unconscious!” Temari nearly yelled, watching as Gaara glared at her, muttered something, and began to walk again. She pulled the woman up by the arm, situating her so that she was leaning on her, making sure that she wouldn't fall. “Even if she wanted to, she can't use those weapons at the moment, idiot! I might be blind, but you're deaf, dumb, and idiotic.”
 
“Whatever, Temari. Just remember what I said,” Kankurou said, his eyes wary. “And make sure to take those weapons from her before she manages to awaken, if you insist on bringing her. I don't want my throat slit for your stupidity.” His hand came up to tug on the strap of his puppet, silently telling Temari that he would use it if he had to. There was no way he was going to be killed in his sleep because Temari just had to pick up stray dogs.
 
Temari's eyes glittered, “Maybe I'll ask her to slit your throat. I'm sure Gaara wouldn't mind the fact that you're missing one morning.” She snickered, watching as her brother turned his eyes on her like she was crazy. She couldn't help it, if Kankurou wanted to make her leave a possibly innocent woman out in the woods, then he would be picked at for a few days. Especially after the woman woke and thanked her, turning nasty on only him for being so stupid.
 
“That's not funny, Temari!”
 
“I thought it was,” she replied.
 
“It's not my fault you insist on picking up strays! You wouldn't even be able to suggest such a thing if she wasn't here!” Kankurou shouted, bringing his other hand up to rub his neck. Temari, he feared, might actually be serious, or worse, the woman would feel the need to kill him simply because… because… He didn't know why, but he just had a feeling. Not a good feeling, either.
 
“Quiet, we're nearing Konohagakure.” Gaara scowled at Kankurou, wondering when his shinobi instincts had rushed off. Surely he would have known to keep quiet within another shinobi's territory? Again, he blamed the woman Temari was carrying, since Kankurou wouldn't have yelled if it weren't for their conversation over her. Still, it was ridiculous that they were fighting over her killing them anyway. He would make sure to crush her before she even managed to pull a weapon on them—it was more likely only if it was pulled on him, though.
 
“Really, Kankurou,” Temari shook her head in disappointment. Her voice was lower, seeing the wall that surrounded the village become larger with each step, towering over them at great heights. The sounds of life were already filling her ears, and she was happy to once more be in civilization, even if she did enjoy missions outside of Sunagakure.
 
“But, but…” Kankurou sighed, knowing he wasn't going to win this one.
 
Temari glared at him, “Besides, she isn't a dog, she's a person.”
 
Kankurou's voice was lowered, but he hissed through his teeth at his sister. “Well, then don't talk about her as if you're going to teach her a new trick. Maybe then I wouldn't think of her as a dog.”
 
“I only said that I might ask her; there's a difference between teaching and asking,” Temari replied.
 
Gaara shook his head, listening as their voices once more began to rise. They continued to argue, over that stupid woman that had fainted in their path, though he was slightly curious as to why, he thought it was better that she was taken care of and set to her own devices. There was something about her that didn't seem right, something that he knew he knew, but he wasn't sure what it was. His arms crossed over his chest and he blamed his forgetfulness on paperwork—he was starting to understand why the Godaime Hokage was always trying to pawn it off onto someone else. True, it was the Kage's job, no matter what village they were from, but that much paperwork got ridiculous after a while, which was the exact reason he'd decided it was time for a visit. He didn't think there was going to be this much trouble before they even got there.
 
“OBVIOUSLY, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING TEMARI!”
 
“WELL, YOU'RE… YOU'RE… YOU KNOW WHAT, I'M NOT GOING TO CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU!”
 
His lip twitched.
 
“YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT OF THIS SO EASILY!”
 
Gaara growled, coming to a complete stop and turning to glare at his two siblings. They instantly stopped, turning fearful and slightly amused eyes toward him, most likely because he took so long to respond to them. Glaring, he shook his head, and decided that they weren't worth the effort. When they were attacked, he'd allow them to take care of it.
 
“See what you did, Kankurou? You've gotten Gaara angry!”
 
“Me? I didn't do anything, Temari,” Kankurou whispered harshly.
 
Pulling at the woman's arm around her neck, Temari pulled her so that she was putting more weight onto her own, making sure she didn't fall off while she was carrying her. “Shut up, Kankurou,” she snapped, feeling the woman stir slightly. “You were so worried about this woman waking up and killing you, so you shouldn't be so loud, idiot.”
 
He huffed, turning his eyes to the woman hanging on Temari's side. Scowling, he said, “Fine, but we'll continue this later.”
 
“In your dreams,” Temari muttered, seeing the gates finally coming into view, the two posted Jounin instantly setting their sights on them. They stiffened, and she guessed it had to do with the mood Gaara seemed to be in, since their stares were directed at him and the woman she was carrying. Sliding her hand a little, Temari noticed that some of the blood on the woman's arms was still wet, and she almost shuddered. She hadn't seen that much blood in a long time, and though she wanted to help the other kunoichi, it was slightly disturbing to know she'd gotten herself drenched so badly.
 
“State your business,” one of the guards commanded, straightening his posture as he stared at the Sunagakure shinobi. He instantly knew the Kazekage, but his eyes settled onto the woman one of them was holding, and his eyes narrowed at the sight of blood. Surely that isn't hers?
 
“We're here to visit,” Temari smiled. “Tsunade-sama told us we could visit whenever we wished.”
 
“Yeah, and we've decided now is a good time,” Kankurou added.
 
“Hn.”
 
“And her?” the other one asked, motioning toward the blood covered woman. “Is she with you?”
 
“Yes,” Temari replied. “She fainted passing us, and I would like to have Tsunade-sama check her over for any wounds. I promise that I will take full responsibility for whatever she does while inside the village, whether good or bad.”
 
“Very well,” the first replied. “You may pass, and a shinobi will be sent out to tell Hokage-sama of your arrival.”
 
Temari nodded, not quite sure what she'd gotten herself into.
OoO
 
KibaSin: Chapter Two isn't finished yet, but I am working on it and I hope to have it done soon. I hope you've enjoyed so far, and I'm sorry if the characters might seem OOC, but I'm just starting to get a feel for them when their older and I haven't written a full Crossover story before. So, I'm off to hopefully finish the rest of Chapter Two and possibly update a couple of my Sesshoumaru/Kagome fanfictions that are starting to come to a close.
 
Kiba