Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Truths Revealed ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you so much for all of your reviews! I hope I will live up to all your expectations in the chapters to come.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own Naruto and Sailor Moon characters
 
 
Chapter 8: Truths Revealed
 
Once again the living room of the Hino household was occupied, only now one other person was among them. The Fifth sat in a chair while Sakura and Naruto were seated on the couch again. Three pairs of eyes stared at the only person who was currently standing, Raye Hino.
 
“I suppose now would be a good time to explain everything…” The Raven haired woman said. “As long as I have your word, Lady Hokage, that this does not go past your own ears. For the protection of-“
 
“Of course.” Tsunade cut her off. “But I will expect you to show me this…Coffin you spoke of.”
 
Raye nodded then set her eyes upon Naruto and Sakura.
 
“What I am about to tell you may sound like a fantasy, but it is the honest truth. It explains why your great-great grandmother is in suspended animation…” She walked to a window, looked out at the expanse of Konoha. “You know, the world wasn't always as it is now…There were no ninja nations, nor any ninja to speak of. All were living quite peacefully under the rule of the Neo-Queen.” She sighed. “Those were glorious days. The crystal palace seemed to reach the sky. It was the center piece of Crystal Tokyo, where the royal family made their home.” She smiled. “But that is not the true beginning…Everything started much earlier than that in a time called the Sliver Millennium.” She waved her hand, and the room darkened. For a brief moment, there was nothing but darkness until the room was lit with stars. Circular bodies swirled around them as they circled a large, yellow glowing sun.
 
Raye gestured around her. “Welcome to the universe.”
 
She spoke of Moon Princesses and Earth Princes, how love was tragically ended by a jealous, evil woman. It was a sad story but it ended with hope, for all who died that day were given new life on Earth due in part to Queen Serenity the First.
 
It was then she spoke of Sailor Senshi; princesses in their own right who were sworn by oath to protect the Moon Princess from all evil…Said Moon Princess was the very woman whom slept within the crystal coffin in the arena surrounded by the forest of death…Naruto and Sakura's great-great grandmother.
 
The Senshi each held a power within them that only they could control, for it came from their own worlds…yes…worlds…Apparently, there were a total of eight celestial bodies orbiting around their own world, the very same orbs that currently were floating around them…these bodies once held life in them, though no longer. She stated that there were a total of eight Sailor Senshi-nine if you counted the Moon Princess- and she (Raye) was one of them; the fire one to be precise.
 
There was more, so much more that Sakura and Naruto thought they would both faint from information overload. It all sounded like some made up story told to kids!
 
“We had some adventures, trying to discover our past lives…” Raye continued as the small universe disappeared into the living room they all sat in. “When Usagi came into power, a new Sliver Millennium began and for a time it was peaceful…”
 
That was when her shoulders tensed as her hand clenched tightly. Her face contorted into an angry face…One that made Sakura tremble in her shoes.
 
“We've been attacked before and won, but when he attacked, we didn't stand a chance. He knew everything about us, our weaknesses, our strengths. He was hired as our doctor…He even helped Usagi give birth to her son and daughter. We had no idea he was planning a cue de taut .” She turned to them, crossed her arms. “He had taken our blood, one by one, saying it was for exam purposes and we believed him…We had no idea that he was using our blood to create powers of his own…” She frowned. “A Senshi's power comes from her blood basically…With our blood in his hands, he could extract a piece of our strengths…He had no idea that only a Sailor Senshi could control such strength…His arrogance cost us our kingdom.”
 
“What happened exactly?” Tsunade asked.
 
“Fearing her people's life, Usagi did what she could to save them. She contained the powers but couldn't destroy them. So, she activated the Silver Crystal and encased herself into it. She knew she would be protected because the crystal forces the Sailor Senshi to be reincarnated to help guard the princess. I swear I have been reincarnated so many times it is scary.”
 
The old Hokage pause in thought. “What about this power he extracted from you? How did it turn on you?”
 
“Without a Senshi to control it, the power he extracted became corrupt.” Raye leaned against the wall, turned her head away from them. “The corrupted powers changed their forms…into nine beasts of power.”
 
A chilling silence hung in the air. Sakura's breath caught in her throat, Tsunade's face tensed greatly. Naruto…
 
Naruto was lost as hell. His brain was already hurting from the story before, now he had to digest this? Why was Tsunade-baa chan looking like that?
 
Sensing his confusion, Raye came to his side. She placed a hand on his shoulder. She spoke not a word…instead, she pointed to his stomach.
 
Where the seal kept the Kyuubi at bay.
 
He tensed, his arms unconsciously wrapping around his waist.
 
“You were chosen for a reason, Naruto…” Raye told him in a calm, soothing voice. “The Fourth knew your connection and knew that only you would be able to handle the beast within…Only direct descendants of Sailor Senshi can contain it. Do you understand now?”
 
He didn't want to, but he did. The thing, the Kyuubi, was the corrupted power of a sailor senshi…possibly Raye's…It was powerful, mean, and quite nasty…It was scary to imagine the many years that power had to grow in its hate…It was no wonder why she said the Senshi were feared enemies. Anyone with that power would be…
 
Wait…Did this mean that he really was a monster?
 
Raye's black eyes met his blue ones. She seemed to know exactly what he was thinking.
 
“The power within you is good, Naruto…” She said. “The Kyuubi and others like it are the experimentations of an evil man. They are the proof that no one should mess with the power of a Sailor Senshi…” She hugged him like the mother she was to him. “Do not think that your hidden gifts are evil.”
 
As Raye consulted Naruto, Tsunade was in deep thought. This proved to be much more dangerous than she thought…the power of light turned dark…Did the Akatsuki know exactly just what they were containing? It seemed to her that they didn't.
 
“Raye…What happens if all of the beasts are brought together?” Tsunade asked though deep down she knew the answer already.
 
Raye moved away from Naruto, her face hard as steel. It didn't help the growing worry in Tsuande. That worry intensified three fold when Raye spoke those deadly words.
 
“Utter. World. Apocalypse.”
 
 
 
Next time: A Troubled Hokage