Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ A Troubled Naruto ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You know you're a good writer when you get ideas from those who read your work. One of my readers gave me a wonderful idea for a good chapter to come next, so I'm going to use this one first before “Training”. I'll have to change some things in future chapters, but this was a very good idea and I think it will help improve the story. So, reader who gave me the idea of how to introduce Sailor Saturn (Hotaru), this one's for you!
 
 
A Troubled Naruto
 
 
He raced to the main household frantically. His specific family had a sole purpose within the entire clan…protect the clan's secret.
 
It wouldn't do well if that secret…flew the coop.
 
He stormed into the main household. Spotting the leader of the clan he rushed over, forgetting his manners. This was far more important than manners to those of higher ranking.
 
“The seal, it's broken!” He shouted. “She's gone!”
 
The lord of the manner paused then stood. He stared calmly at those around him.
 
“It is time.”
 
 
When Naruto's adoptive mother had told him the power hidden deep within wasn't evil he had believed her, but that wasn't what worried him. The beast inside him and its power…did.
 
The Kyuubi could very well take over this star seed…That's what scared Naruto. If the Kyuubi took over his star seed…it would surely cause great damage. Maybe it would be better of Naruto didn't awaken his star seed…He could be the hero he always wanted to be by doing that. Maybe then people would be nicer to him if he did…
 
All of these thoughts were going through the young boy's mind as he walked the streets of Konoha. After so long, there were still people who looked at him with those disdain, hateful stares. Some simply ignored his presence...Naruto was used to it after so long. He mentally smirked inside. If they knew who he was, what clan he belonged to, perhaps people would treat him differently.
 
Raye had explicatively told him to keep his heritage a secret to protect his sleeping great-great grandmother. Not that Naruto was going to prance around the village demanding respect because he's the great-great grand kid of a moon maiden. Who would believe him?
 
So here was Naruto, in the middle of the street of his home, trying to decide what he should do. Should he train with his adoptive mother or should he stay as he is now?
 
Both sides of the question had down sides to them. If he stayed as he is now, it would take longer to save Sasuke and longer to possibly get some respect around here. If he trained to obtain his star seed, he would become powerful enough to save Sasuke but there might be a possibility for the Kyuubi to steal the power and take over Naruto's body. The latter sounded worse than the first.
 
He sighed. “Aw man…This sucks…” A giggle stopped him in his walk.
 
“You look troubled…”
 
It was a girl who spoke, one who was at the moment sitting on a wall nearby. She was about a year younger than him but there was something strange about her. The Kyuubi boy decided it was those dark eyes of hers; they spoke of a maturity no child had. Though her body was young, her eyes were old…VERY old…It caused chills to run down Naruto's spine.
 
“I wouldn't fear the power inside you.” She was looking at the sky, her feet dangling below.
 
“Oh yeah? What would you know anyway?” He turned away from her, frowning.
 
“I know a great deal…” She stared at him with her aged eyes. “I know what it feels to be feared and hated…much like yourself.” She smiled slightly. “I wouldn't worry about it…People won't fear you for long…”
 
Naruto couldn't shake the feel of unease. This girl was weird…completely and utterly weird.
 
The strange girl effortlessly jumped from her perch and landed right in front of the uncomfortable Naruto. She stared at him for a long time, almost as if she were gauging him.
 
“You are so much like her that it's scary…” She giggled. “You will indeed do fine work in the years to come.”
 
He blinked. “Um…thank you?”
 
She smiled for a moment before turning it into a thin line. She spoke not a word as she stepped closer, hand reached out towards him. Out of instinct, Naruto took a step back. Who the hell did this girl think she was anyway!?
 
“Calm down…” She said. “I would never harm a child of the moon.”
 
He had no time to react for the moment her hand touched his jacket, he was whisked away into that familiar long dark hallway in his consciousness. He had been here many times before…It was here he confronted the nine tailed fox. Speaking of the beast, it was still behind its cage, glaring menacingly.
 
“What do you want now boy?” It barked.
 
“You will address him accordingly.” Wait…two voices? Where had he heard that voice before?
 
The ninja looked over his shoulder, his eyes grew wide.
 
There was the weird girl, staring at the Kyuubi with her aged eyes. She showed no fear in her features but that didn't bother him...
 
Just how did she manage to get in here!?
 
“Hey! Just who the hell are you!?” He shouted angrily at her. She ignored him, keeping her eyes upon the beast in the cage.
 
Then uttered the weirdest phrase Naruto had ever heard in his life.
 
“Saturn Planet Power, Make Up!”
 
The light was too much for his eyes to bear, when it faded Naruto reopened them. His jaw hit the ground.
 
There was the girl, but she wore the skimpiest of clothing. It looked like a white bathing suit with a skimpy skirt. A sailor collar surrounded her shoulders with a big bow at her chest; another bow at her back. If she wasn't carrying that scary, scythe-looking weapon, Naruto would be cracking up in laughter right about now.
 
“You…” the beast's voice was sounding strange…It sounded…fearful.
 
The Kyuubi was afraid…of her?
 
“You will stand down…” The girl commanded. “Otherwise, I will resort to…other forms of persuasion.”
 
The beast disappeared into the shadows of his cell.
 
“Good.” Calmly she walked up to the bars. “Now listen well…You will leave the boy alone. And if you at any point decide to…take his star seed…” She held her wicked looking weapon between the Kyuubi's eyes. Her gaze on the beast was hard, almost cruel. “I will not hesitate to make your stay here much more unpleasant than it already is.”
 
The Kyuubi chuckled. “Scout of Death and Rebirth, you cannot kill me…”
 
She smiled. “I never said I would kill you…” The tip of her weapon touched the bars. Instantly the Kyuubi howled in pain. “Are we in agreement?”
 
“Yes! Now leave me be!” It shouted in a pleading voice. “I will not harm the boy's star seed!”
 
She removed her weapon then walked to Naruto, smiling at him. The boy was in a state of shock. This lone girl had practically, no she DID, command the nine tailed fox to back off or else…and it listened!! This was one seriously powerful pre-teen!
 
Her hard eyes softened upon gazing at him. “Do not fear him, Naruto.” She told the shocked boy in front of her. “And please…Do not fear me…”
 
Naruto returned to the real world after that, the girl no longer in the strange clothes she had been while in his consciousness. He stared at the small girl with wide eyes and a gapping mouth. Slowly he raised a finger at her.
 
“You…You're…You're an ancestor!” He gapped. She nodded.
 
“My name is Hotaru…” She frowned. “I have to go now, but we will definitely see one another again…I hope by then, you will be able to accept your inner strength.” She smiled. “Train with Raye-chan…You will not regret it.” Then she calmly walked away.
 
Naruto was there for a good five minutes before he could bring himself out of his stupor. He had just met another ancestor like Raye…One who made the Kyuubi quake in fear so much that it promised to not intervene in things to come or suffer a painful consequence. Naruto doubted the beast would go against its word it gave to that girl.
 
With newly found determination, Naruto went to his home where Sakura and Raye stood waiting for him. Raye had just finished locking the door when Naruto had come up.
 
“So…how do we get the star seeds, Okaesan?” he asked with all seriousness in his voice.
 
Raye paused at his new outlook then smirked. It was about time the boy came to his senses…
 
She had a feeling though, he had some help.
 
The question was which scout helped him overcome his fear of the Kyuubi controlling him? Raye had a pretty good idea who it was and that unnerved her a bit.
 
For it was well known within the Sailor Senshi that when a certain one of them wakes, end of the world wasn't far behind…Raye surmised the waking of said scout meant the new era was not far off…
 
The question would be though…would the world and all its leaders, but able to handle the change?
 
Raye prayed to every god she knew, in hopes that they did...Otherwise…there would be no one left in the world to enjoy the era of peace the moon clan would give them.
 
 
Next time: Training