Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ The Purpose for Living ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay! Another chapter that I REALLY REALLY like!!! Hope you like it too!!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series
 
 
 
 
The Purpose for Living
 
 
 
 
He did it! It seemed unreal but the fact that his brother was against the wall, Sasuke's sword in his chest, made it real.
 
The room held no roof for it had been blown off during the brother against brother battle. Rain poured over them, washing away blood from the debris.
 
Itachi leaned his head back; the rain wiped away the blood from his forehead wound. It was a cleansing rain, washing away his greatest misdeeds.
 
“At least…” He spat the blood from his mouth. “I got to see one of them…Before I die…”
 
Ignoring Itachi's rants as crazy talk from a dying man, Sasuke asked him the question he had wanted to ask before his brother died.
 
“Why…?” It came out bitter, just as Sasuke envisioned it would. “Why did you MURDER them!?”
 
His brother coughed up more blood which was washed away from the rain.
 
“You…want to know…Why…” The elder Uchiha chuckled then smiled. Using the last of his strength, he pulled his brother to him, whispered into his ear.
 
“Because dear brother…Only one of us…Can protect…The clan…of the Moon…”
 
His body grew limp, his eyes closed.
 
Itachi Uchiha was dead.
 
Slowly Sasuke removed his blade, his brother's body collided with the stone floor. The rain had ended suddenly, almost as if it were merely there to watch the death and hear the last words. Sasuke touched his shoulder where the curse mark had once rested. During the battle, his brother had driven it from Sasuke's body.
 
The Clan of the Moon…What was the clan of the moon? And why would HE protect it anyhow?
 
Placing his sword back in his sheath he turned from his brother's body. Sasuke met up with his team about an hour later in the forest. He had no use for them now, his mission was complete.
 
“So I guess we part ways now huh?” Suigetsu smirked. “Makes no difference to me.”
 
Juggo frowned. “Sasuke-kun…Where will you be going now?”
 
Sasuke sat down. He spoke not a word as he stared into the campfire flames. The seal gone, a new feeling began to surface. Ami's and Itachi's words began to mesh together.
 
Deep down you know it…you unconsciously do it… Disguising your true purpose as a revenge mission…
 
His true purpose…
 
Because…dear brother…only one of us…can protect…the clan…of the Moon.
 
Clan of the Moon…protect…
 
I'll tell the young prince and young princess that I have seen you…After all this time I am sure they are quite worried over their teammate.
 
Prince, princess…teammate…
 
At least…I got to see one of them…Before I die…
 
“Karin.” The woman beside him jumped. “How far is Konoha from here?”
 
“Konoha? You're going back? Why? They'll kill you Sasuke-kun!” Karin shouted. “Why not stay here with me?”
 
“How far?” He would not ask again and Karin knew it.
 
“About two weeks…less if you run day and night.” She replied. She stared at him. “Are you…really going back?”
 
A bush rustled behind them.
 
“He must…Because his star seed commands him to.” No one, not even Karin, had detected the woman. She had simply walked out of the forest as if it were a natural thing for her to do. She wore very…weird clothing, consisting of a rather short skirt and white body suit. In one of her gloved hands was a gray staff.
 
The woman's cool eyes surveyed them all until they landed upon Sasuke.
 
“Just who the hell are you, lady?” Suigetsu eyed her up and down, he smirked. “Nice threads…”
 
Juugo was awed by the woman's presence. She was beautiful! Karin was jealous of course.
 
The woman ignored them as her heeled boots led her to stand beside Sasuke's sitting form.
 
“Now that your curse is gone,” she told him, “there is nothing holding back the star that is inside you…Whether you wish to embrace it or not, it will demand you to go to them.”
 
“What're you talking about lady? Sasuke-kun has no star or whatever!” Karin glared. “Get lost bitch!”
 
“Karin.” Sasuke stood. “Shut up.” He turned to the green haired woman. “Who the hell are you all?”
 
“Sailor Senshi.” The woman replied. “Sworn guardians to the Clan of the Moon. Just as you are, Knight of Fire. Of course, you know this already.” She frowned. “They need you, Sasuke…They're light is in danger…If you are not there to protect them…they will die. And you know, deep down, exactly whom I speak of.”
 
He frowned.
 
“Things happen for a reason, Sasuke…” The woman continued. “It was no coincidence that you were slated to be on their team. It was destiny's work…”
 
“Destiny can bite my ass…” Sasuke replied with bitterness dripping from his lips.
 
“Perhaps so, but like it or not, it controls you, just as it controls the rest of us with stars inside.” She placed a hand upon her heart. “Your seed was growing as you grew with them…it was only until you gain the curse that you looked at them differently. Every action that you have done, Sasuke…in the past and the present…was all due in part to the light inside you…It calls to you now, doesn't it? It wants you to be by their side again. And who knows…” She smiled. “You might grow to like them again.”
 
Sasuke raised an eyebrow at her statement. He turned back to the fire, watched it dance before him. Images surfaced there, images that only he could see.
 
They were of two people…two teens, a boy and a girl…They were wearing the clothes of royalty. There was peace, prosperity…
 
And him, Sasuke Uchiha, behind them, sword ready to defend their honor.
 
“Those images are of the future.” The woman explained. “A future that will happen someday…If you do not return, they will die…and everything in this world will die with them.”
 
The vision changed, the boy and girl were now upon crosses, dead. An evil laugh in the sky above them, bodies below them.
 
“Are you ready to gather?” The woman's words made the visions go away. “Or are you ready to see their deaths?”
 
The last Uchiha paused.
 
“Are you ready to become one of the most powerful people on the planet?”
 
That got him.
 
“What do I have to do?” He asked.
 
She smiled. “Simply do as you were meant to do…” Then she raised her staff and the two vanished without a trace.
 
The members of team Hebi paused. Suigetsu smirked.
 
“Most powerful on the planet huh?” He grinned. “I'm so getting some of that! Konoha here I come!” Juugo nodded, not for the first statement but the later. He wanted to go to Konoha as well to stay with Sasuke.
 
Karin crossed her arms, twitched with rage. A princess could be serious competition for Sasuke's affection.
 
“Fine, I'll go too, but just to see what all the fuss is about.”
 
The next morning, the three remaining members of team Hebi set out for Konoha for different reasons.
 
Whatever the reasons, Konoha was sure to become an interesting place.
 
Because unknown to the residents there…They had become the place…the site…
 
The site…of new beginnings…
 
The world certainly was going to change.
 
 
 
Next time: The Gathering