Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Thoughts of a Kazekage ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I have a surprise for you all! A NEW CHAPTER! I had forgotten it was a holiday this weekend so here's another chapter for you to celebrate that. Thank you all for your reviews! You've got so many questions and I want to answer them but I can't or I will give things away, really I'm jumping up and down wanting to tell you but I don't want to ruin it for you! Believe me, all will be revealed during the course of the story. Oh by the way, I choose the tone of the Sailor Moon manga because it has a more regal tone to it than the anime series. The anime series is more glitter and bunnies but the manga, at least in my view, has a more serious tone to it. That tone matches the Naruto series perfectly and that is what I'm going to portray. And I had to create two new characters to make things work out better, so on with the show!
 
 
Disclaimers: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series BUT the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!!!
 
 
 
Thoughts of a Kazekage
 
Gaara walked out of the meeting room after his long discussion with the Hokage. Things were turning quite…strange to say the least.
 
He had been asked to the Hino residents by Raye Hino herself, stating it concerned Naruto's safety. Gaara wasn't all for protecting the blonde haired idiot, but he was a friend…Something Gaara had just gotten used to having.
 
He remembered that day, when the beast had been taken from him. He had been in a strange state, almost dead. Images appeared around him, images of people who he had come in contact with that were still alive. In this dream, all of them were at a distance away, smiling. Only one person was beside him, holding his hand.
 
Naruto Uzamaki.
 
The brat had driven the darkness from Gaara's mind, showing Gaara that he was wanted by many. Even upon his return to Suna, Gaara was still hesitant. People would be smiling at him; there was even an instance when a child had accidentally thrown a ball at Gaara. The child wasn't scared when he approached the red haired Kazekage, instead he asked for the ball. Not knowing what really to do, Gaara simply stepped away, letting the kid get his own ball.
 
It was the first time in the sand ninja's life that he felt wanted. It was a strange feeling to say the least. It took him a while to get used to the people around him not fearing him, but it happened all the same. Now he could stand to have people around him, to a point at least.
 
When the wind woman came to Suna that day, it was strange. She kept asking for Temari, and when asked why, she simply stated she and Temari were related. Temari had gone with the woman for a good week before the Hokage's message came to them, asking for an emergency meeting with the Kazekage.
 
It was then that the Kazekage's world had been turned upside down.
 
He had gone to the Hino residents, where Naruto's new mother was waiting for him along with faces he had seen during the Chunin exams. They waited a good while until the room started to get crowded. It was only until the green haired woman came that things were explained.
 
It didn't make any sense at first, but in a strange way Gaara could see it. The moon clan…So that was Naruto's family. Of course, it was all just a story to Gaara…that is until he spotted the red haired girl standing beside the one known as Setsuna.
 
Setsuna had placed a hand upon the girl's shoulder, stared at Gaara with a calm expression.
 
“Gaara…” She stated. “This is your twin sister, Gala.”
 
Needless to say, Gaara almost had a heart attack.
 
The room had gotten strangely quiet or was that just him thinking it had gotten that way? Apparently it had gotten quiet for no one was speaking…they were all simply staring between Gaara and one of the new girls, Gala.
 
“I could not have descendants.” Setsuna explained. “For I am much different than my fellow senshi…Hence, I chose you and your sister as my descendants. I sent a piece of my star seed into each of you…Now we are family.”
 
That was the answer to the question as to why Gaara was there, but he wasn't really paying attention…his attention was on the girl in front of him.
 
A sister…Gaara had a sister…a TWIN sister!
 
“I saved her from your father.” Setsuna continued even though Gaara didn't seem to be listening. “He was going to kill her.” She frowned. “He stated she was not needed.”
 
That sounded like something his father would do…kill the unnecessary.
 
Gaara wanted to get out of there…He NEEDED to get out of there. Sensing his anger, Naruto had grabbed his hand, apologized to everyone and practically raced out of the house.
 
Gaara had leveled a good amount of the surrounding forest that day, with Naruto watching him closely. The boy hadn't spoken a word as Gaara concentrated his anger on the nature around him. Once he had completely depleted his chakra, the Kazekage dropped to the ground, breathing hard.
 
Naruto sat beside him, tearing at grass.
 
“I know the feeling…” The blonde had finally spoken then. “When I found out Sakura-chan was my cousin, I wanted to beat up everything around me…” He chuckled. “Guess I have more restraint than you do, Gaara-kun.”
 
Gaara stared up at the sky, listening to Naruto as he talked.
 
“If you think about it, Gaara,” The blonde boy had said, “this is your chance…You've got something to protect, just like I do now. That's a pretty cool thing to have, especially when you're a container…or used to be one in your case.”
 
Ignoring the fact that Naruto was giving him advice, Gaara listened to the words. It was true…Gaara did have something to protect now. It wasn't just an entire village of people…It was his blood.
 
This in his mind, the Kazekage went back to Konoha, Naruto behind him, and proceeded to tell the Hokage that he would be staying in Konoha for a while; at least until he could come to terms with his long lost sister.
 
There wasn't enough time to get to know the girl; hence he asked if he and Gala could be on a team together. It would happen, as Setsuna had told him, but only when the star seeds had been unleashed.
 
A star seed…Gaara had this due to Setsuna giving him a piece of hers. It was some sort of strong, ancient power. His next question was if it was the same as the beast he once held. The Senshi of time smiled kindly at him.
 
“The beast that rested within you could not be contained because you, Gaara, are not a direct descendant. You are a chosen one, much like your sister.” She had said. “And your star seed is nothing like the beast…It is pure, light...There is no evil contained within.”
 
So it wasn't evil, it was light…Okay…now some things sort of made sense. When the beast was gone, it was possible that everyone around him could feel this…light…and thus dramatically change their attitude towards the Kazekage. But…why hadn't HE, Gaara himself, felt it?
 
“Look deep within, Gaara…” Setsuna told him. “It sleeps, waiting for you to open the door.”
 
So here he was, in his hotel room, meditating…searching for this light…this star seed inside him.
 
He saw the long dark hallway while in his meditative state; it was called the soul hallway. It led to the inter most corners of his being…it was a place he could be at peace, away from the beast when the thought of blood was too much to handle. He had walked down this hallway many times before...never had it stopped.
 
But this time, it had come to an end…a door blocking his path.
 
This was it, this was the door Setsuna had spoken of. Already he could see the light emitting from the bottom of the door. It didn't feel evil at all.
 
Now he was scared…Should he open the door? Should he leave it closed? If the light was good then what was there to be scared of?
 
Doubts…that's what he was scared of. He was doubting his abilities…All his life he had been under the influence of an evil beast, and now he could very well be under the influence of a star seed implanted into him by the Sailor Senshi of Space and Time. He felt like he was being used AGAIN.
 
But…This time…He wasn't being used for evil…He was being used for good.
 
That thought made him grip the door handle in a gentle grip. At least this time he was given a choice…Open the door or close the door?
 
Well…he chose to open.
 
And boy, was he glad for it.
 
The light enveloped him so suddenly that it threw him from his meditative state sharply. He took deep breaths, trying to calm his beating heart. The world around him seemed different. Gone were the shades of gray he had lived in all his life; the light consumed his very being to a point where he almost couldn't breathe.
 
For the first time in Gaara's life…he felt whole…completely and utterly whole.
 
It caused tears to fall from his emotionless eyes. This was how Temari and Kankurou found him. Kankurou didn't know what to think of at the sight of Gaara in TEARS, Temari however approached him.
 
“Gaara…It'll be alright…” She hugged the Kazekage, much to Kankurou's shock. “Just breathe.”
 
Trusting Temari's words, Gaara tried to calm his breathing as best he could. When he was at a point to where he could actually speak, Temari had moved away.
 
The wind mistress smiled a gentle smile. “Feels good…Doesn't it?”
 
Gaara placed a hand over his heart.
 
Yeah, it did.
 
 
Next time: A Clan's Duty