Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Girl's Day Out ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry the last chapter was so short, but I felt like it needed to be put up…and that's why I put this one up with it! ::smiles:: Hope you like it!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!!!
 
 
Girl's Day Out
 
Sakura was going to have a heart attack, she was sure of it. There were too many surprises in her life. First, a cousin, then a new power inside, next guardians, then Queen and now she would get a crystal?
 
Pulling the covers away she stood and went to the window of her room. She sat against the window sill overlooking the village.
 
There was no way she could become a queen. She wasn't that smart nor would anybody follow her. What was everyone thinking? Maybe if she ran away, yeah that's it. She would run away…Maybe then everyone would just back off. There was one problem to that though, the guards around her. They wouldn't leave her alone! Now even Ino would freak if Sakura would so much as get a scratch! She banged her head against the window seal in frustration. This was ridiculous!
 
There was a knock at the door, more than likely someone to check up on her. Sakura snorted angrily. She didn't NEED to be checked up on!
 
“It's me, Amera…” The sea colored haired girl walked into the room with a gentle smile on her face. “You look like you need someone to talk to…”
 
Of all of Hikari, Amera was the one whom Sakura liked the most. She was always there when Sakura needed someone to talk to.
 
“Amera, I'm a ninja. I don't need protection.” Sakura blurted it out instantly. Amera did that to everyone, making everyone say what was on their mind. Sakura was no exception.
 
Amera closed the door and sat upon the bed, facing Sakura with a calm expression as calm as the seas.
 
“You're not a ninja anymore, Sakura, you're a princess.” She stated as plain as day. Sakura sighed.
 
“I know but…there are plenty of princesses out there that can handle themselves in battle. I'm no different.” She sighed again. “I just don't want to be a burden to anyone, I made a promise to myself a long time ago to not be that.”
 
Amera smiled. “You're not burden to anyone, Sakura-chan. We want to protect you. Besides, it's only temporary. Michiru-mama said that when you receive the crystal you won't need such protection.”
 
“Yeah, and just when will that day be?” Sakura asked angrily as Amera walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Soon, Sakura-chan, soon.” The water protector clapped her hands together. “Now, I know just want you need. A girl's day out.” She moved away. “I'll go get the girls and we'll all go shopping. You know, just be girls for a day. How about that?”
 
Sakura laughed a little. “I seriously doubt Temari and Gala would want to go, Amera.”
 
Amera grinned this time. “You'd be surprised.”
 
Sure enough, Sakura was surprised. Along with Amera and herself, Temari, Gala, Ino and Hinata strolled through town, laughing and talking as though they had been friends since birth. Temari and Gala were tallying up how many enemies they'd fought, while Amera and Ino were trying to see who could make Hinata turn the reddest. Sakura was in the middle of it all, listening to the conversations around her.
 
It was funny, in mere weeks, her life as well as others around her had changed drastically. She was still deciding whether it was a good change or a bad change, but right now, at this moment in time, it felt like a good change.
 
After lunch the girls headed toward the shopping district. They ogled and awed at the jewelry and clothes around them. For once Sakura felt like a girl, a normal girl.
 
They had just gotten out of a clothing store when a familiar book holding sensei caught Sakura's eye.
 
“Kakashi-sensei!” She rushed over, hugged the jounin tightly.
 
The jounin chuckled under his mask. “Nice to see you too, Sakura-chan.” He ruffled her hair. “Grew it out again didn't you?”
 
“You wouldn't believe all the stuff that's happened!” She said, happy to see her old sensei again.
 
“I bet.” He paused. “Oh yes, Tsunade wanted to speak with you about something.”
 
“Oh…Okay…” She turned to the girls and paused. They had strange looks upon their faces…Their eyes were on Kakashi, hard and tense.
 
Sakura rolled her eyes. “Guys, it's just Kakashi-sensei…” She waved them off. “I'll be back later, I promise.”
 
It was then that Naruto poked his head out from behind Kakashi.
 
“Yeah guys, get going! We'll be alright.” He grinned that goofy grin of his.
 
“Naruto!” Sakura glared at him. “You scared me!”
 
He chuckled. “Sorry, Sakura-chan.” He took her hand, waved at the girls. “Be right back!” He dragged her away, Kakashi walking behind them casually. Sakura was so happy to see her cousin and former teacher that she didn't see the glares upon the girl's faces.
 
Sakura should have known something was wrong the moment Naruto had led her deep into the forest, but she figured it was going to be a secret meeting. She should have known something was wrong when Naruto or Kakashi hadn't spoken a word, but she figured they were being watched and couldn't talk at the moment.
 
Suddenly they stopped. Sakura should have known something was wrong when instead of Tsunade, they were met with Jiraiya.
 
“Jiraiya-san?” She should have known something was wrong.
 
Naruto let go of her wrist, turned to her, grinned that grin of his…
 
“Sleep well, princess.” It was the last thing she remembered hearing before falling in a deep, dreamless sleep.
 
 
Next Time: Helpless