Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Helpless ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here it is my friends! The next chapter! I hope you all like it! ::smiles::
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series
 
 
 
Helpless
 
When she opened her eyes, she found she couldn't move. Her arms were shackled against a wall over her head. The room was dark, possibly a cave. They couldn't have gone too far with her as their cargo. Now all she needed to do is figure out how far and just who captured her.
 
She closed her eyes, willing her star seed out, hoping it would help her in some way. Her eyes snapped open…it was weak, barely there.
 
She was helpless…at the mercy of whoever kidnapped her.
 
There was a chuckle within the darkness.
 
“So its true…you have no power…” She must have felt a bit groggy because the voice sounded like Naruto. “Didn't think you would ever wake up. It's no fun when the prey's asleep…Hey, I'm being nice you know! You'll get to hear the prince's voice and see him too before you die! Then again…” He chuckled. “It might be a little bad `cause you'll think he killed you. Ah well.”
 
The Naruto imposter walked out from the shadows, his eyes black as coal, an earring dangling from his left ear. He snapped his fingers; a fire burst from a pile of wood. The flames flickered around stone walls, confirming Sakura's suspicions of being in a cave. Leaning against the far wall was the Kakashi copy while the Jiraiya copy sat on the floor of the cave, poking at the fire.
 
“What…?”
 
The Naruto copy grinned. “Pretty cool huh? I can make a copy of anyone!” He frowned. “Well sort of…Couldn't make a copy of the prince so I had to be him. Though I really wanted to be the Kakashi dude instead.” He sighed. “Ah well…”
 
“Why are you doing this?” She asked.
 
“That's a good question.” He put his hands in his pockets. “Ya see, Mr. Akio basically told us copies to kill you and the prince. But things sort of…changed I guess you could say. Now he just wants YOU dead.” He chuckled. “Guess he figured the prince wasn't worth it, at least for now. And I also guess he thought you were easy pickings…”
 
Sakura sighed with relief. At least Naruto would be safe for a little while.
 
“Why kill us? We've done nothing wrong…”
 
“You know I've been dying to ask that question myself…” He pouted. “All this fuss over a bunch of kids, two to be precise. Your guess is as good as mine…” He sat on a large rock, dangling his feet. “I guess it has to do with that lady in the coffin or whatever he said she's in. He really wants her bad, something about some crystal or something…Care to tell me where she is? Maybe if you do I'll make sure your death is quick and painless. Hey, I'll even change form so you won't have to see your cousin kill you.” She glared at him, he frowned. “I guess that means no huh…Aw come on Sakura-chan, not even for me? You old hyperactive teammate?” He grinned. “What about Sasuke-kun?”
 
Sakura watched his form change. His hair became black as the night, he grew taller, his face defined in that face she once loved.
 
“Well…would you tell your old sweet heart, Sakura-chan?” Sasuke was before her. He looked so real, even the half smirk looked like his! “I'll even give you kiss before you die…”
 
She shook her head, this was NOT Sasuke. She had to keep reminding herself of this.
 
She glared at the imposter. “Go to hell.” She spat out.
 
The Sasuke copy frowned. “Geez you've got some language on you.” He sighed. “Well I tried; I'll be nice though and let the others find your body. I'm sure they would want to bury you next to your mom.” He unsheathed the sword at his hip. “Nice sword…I might just stay in this form for a little longer.” He grinned, so unlike Sasuke. “I bet the ladies will swoon all over me.”
 
“Before I die…” Sakura said. “Please tell me something…”
 
“Sure, princess.”
 
She stared at those deep black eyes. “I want to know where Akio is and if he's working with the Akatsuki.”
 
The Sasuke copy paused. “Ah…I think you pretty much answered your own question there…” He put a hand on his hip, the sword in his other. “Well…I think they are working together, otherwise the prince would be a target for us…Guess he's gonna give the prince to them in exchange for the lady in the coffin. Last chance on that mind you…You still wanna tell me?”
 
She shook her head. “One more thing…How do you know…”
 
“About Kakashi and Jiraiya? Not to mention everyone else in your lives?” He smirked. “Well…I'll let you in on a little secret…” He leaned in close to her ear. “One of your…lovely village members just so happen to give us information…So basically we know everything about you, your cousin, and those that protect you…Pretty neat huh?” He ran a hand through her pink hair. “You know, I think I want that kiss. It isn't everyday you get to kiss a princess…” He leaned in, paused then groaned.
 
“Oh man…” He turned to the Jiraiya copy and the Kakashi copy. “Go deal with them will you?” the two disappeared. The Sasuke copy returned his gaze to Sakura. “Oh poo, you are a sly girl…Now I won't get an audience…” He grabbed her hair, pulled it so that her neck was in full view. “Guess I'll just have to slice off your head, for proof you know.” He sighed. “Seems such a waste, killing a pretty creature like you, but I guess that's cause of that glowing moon…I wonder if it'll dull when you die? Let's see shall we?” He kissed her forehead. “You can close your eyes if you want to…I won't mind…” He held the sword at her throat, the blade already cutting through her soft flesh. Sakura closed her eyes tightly. “Ready? Good…Bye bye princess…”
 
Seconds ticked by, but the blade hadn't cut any further.
 
“Dammit! That hurt!” She opened her eyes at the voice. The Sasuke copy's sword was at her feet, along with the hand that held it tightly.
 
Someone sliced the copy Sasuke's hand clear off. The hand itself turned to blue dust and was blown away by a slight breeze.
 
“It will hurt more, that's a promise.” She turned at the voice. Sasuke was there but he looked…different.
 
He wore the colors of his clan proudly; his pants red, his shirt white. A golden sword rested in his right hand partially covered in blue. His Sharingon eyes glowed furiously at his copy which wasn't a copy anymore. It was a teen boy with purple hair and yellow eyes, the dangling earring still resting on his left ear.
 
“That's not fair!” The teen whined, still holding his blue bleeding wrist where his hand once had been.
 
Sasuke said nothing as his sword turned to liquid fire and his gaze turned to Sakura. Out of habit, and remembrance of the rules of sharingon usage, she stared at his neck.
 
“Close your eyes.” It was a command, one Sakura wasn't going to disobey. She shut her eyes tightly. The screams came, oh how she wished she could have shut her ears.
 
The screams soon died out. “You can open your eyes now.” Again Sakura obeyed and opened them. A pile of blue ash sat on the floor in front of her. Her shackles turned into the blue ash as well, freeing her arms.
 
“Sakura-chan!” Strong arms held her tightly. “Its okay, Sakura-chan, I've got you…”
 
It was Naruto who held her.
 
The tears came, she couldn't stop them from flowing down her eyes. She gripped onto Naruto as though he were her life line because at this moment, he was.
 
“Hey, what's the tears for?” He grinned. “We've been through worse things than this before!”
 
She couldn't agree more but those times she met with death, she had the ability to get herself out of it. This situation was different. She couldn't move, couldn't do anything…She was helpless…It was the scariest situation she had ever been in. She didn't want to be another again.
 
“When will this stop?” She whispered in his shoulder, trying to will the tears away.
 
Naruto's voice became softer. “I don't know…” He patted her head. “Come on, the others are waiting.” He pulled back gently, noticed the cut on her neck. He frowned, turned to Sasuke.
 
“He suffered…” The black haired teen replied to a silent question from the blonde. “Greatly.”
 
Naruto smirked. “Good.” He hugged Sakura tightly. “Think you can walk, Sakura-chan?” She shook her head. “Okay.” He picked her up, bridal style. He and Sasuke headed out of the cave, into the light of day.
 
“Naruto…” Naruto looked at the bundle in his arms. “That guy…he told me…”
 
Her blonde cousin nodded in understanding. “We'll tell Tsunade-sama later.” He grinned. “You just worry about getting better! We'll handle the rest! That's a promise!”
 
She smiled slightly, it felt good to feel safe and warm…All of her worries suddenly gone. Closing her eyes, she sighed within her cousins arms.
 
She heard concerned voices, but they disappeared as sleep overtook her. She seemed to be sleeping a lot these days…Was this due to the dimming of her star?
 
It was very possible.
 
 
Next time: Proposals