Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Proposals and Traitors ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wanted this to be two chapters, but they would be too short so I combined them into one. I hope you guys like it!”
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series, but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!!!
 
 
 
Proposals and Traitors
 
 
Sakura had been confined to her bed which she too well agreed. No one wanted to hear what her captor told her until she rested. News of her capture reached Suna, where Gaara was staying. He appeared instantly in the house, his sand covering Sakura's room in a thick barrier. If anything so much as moved an inch, he would know in mere seconds.
 
It was a day later when Sakura was allowed out of bed. She walked out of her room and down the stairs. Naruto quickly took her hand, sat her down next to him on the couch. All around her were stares of the Hikari team.
 
“Sakura…” Tsunade was there as well, sitting in a chair. “Can you tell us exactly what he said to you?” Sakura nodded and told them everything.
 
They were not at all pleased.
 
“That son of a—“ Gala growled. “I'm gonna tear his head off!”
 
“Easy there.” The fifth frowned. “This is just as much my fault as anyone.” She frowned. “I should have known someone would figure things out.”
 
“Yes you should have!” Gala shouted at her. “Maybe then Sakura wouldn't have almost been killed!”
 
The slug woman glared at her. “Look, Sakura was my pupil. Don't think I don't want to kill the bastard that did this to her. I want just as much punishment for him as you do.” She crossed her arms. “I'll deal with the traitor…Right now, I suggest you all move to one place where you all can stay until this madness is cleared. We'll have the casket moved as well, just to be safe.”
 
“Why would he want great-great grandma?” Naruto frowned.
 
“You idiot, he doesn't want her, he wants the crystal.” Sai blurted out.
 
Ami nodded. “Indeed…He must not realize that if anyone other than those of the royal family touches it, it could spell disaster.”
 
“Alright, so we move her…Just where is she anyway?” Shikamaru asked.
 
“That is for us ancestors to know.” Setsuna replied. “The less who know where she is, the more the crystal is safe.”
 
Tsunade nodded in agreement. “Now it's just a matter of relocation.”
 
A pause hung in the room.
 
The Hyuga's looked at each other. To Neiji, this was his chance to do the mission his lord had told him to do. To Hinata, she was just glad she had a place for everyone to stay.
 
“We will use the Hyuga compound.” Neiji stated.
 
Sasuke glared at the Hyuga, he wanted to use the old Uchiha compound but the Hyuga genius beat him to it.
 
Tsunade raised an eyebrow. “I highly doubt Lord Hyuga would want a bunch of kids and ancestors in his home, Neiji…He barely shows ME any respect as it is. No offense.”
 
“Lord Hyuga knows of the situation, Lady Hokage.” Neiji replied. “It has been the duty of our clan to prepare for this day. Do you not understand, Lady Hokage? The reason Lord Hyuga does not respect you is due in part that you are not his true ruler.”
 
Tsunade frowned. “I see…” The Hyuga clan knew everything before she did!? Dang it was there anyone who respected the Hokage position these days!?
 
“It will be the perfect place because the whole clan will provide ample protection. No one will harm those protected under us.” Neiji stated.
 
The others seemed to agree, that is, all but Sasuke. The Uchiha hated having his plans changed. He had planned to use the old Uchiha compound so that no one could bother them. That way he could get closer to Sakura, possibly spark her interest in him again or heighten what was already there. What was the Hyuga boy thinking?
 
Sasuke stopped…Of course…It was the only possible reason why Neiji suggested it in the first place. HIS clan wanted Sakura to marry one of them, making the Hyuga clan powerful. That thought made Sasuke's fist tighten. The boy was trying to do the same Sasuke wanted to do.
 
Sasuke hated rivals, especially when that rival stopped him from getting what he wanted.
 
“There is plenty of room for more training to occur within our walls, that way no one in Konoha will become suspicious of the destroyed sites. I am sure you are quite tired of cleaning them after we have destroyed them, Lady Hokage.”
 
Tsunade wouldn't deny it, but she was sure as hell tired of fixing up every training site they had destroyed. The last one took three teams to get it fixed!
 
“Plus, it will give Naruto and Sakura the chance to practice their…future roles.” Neiji stated.
 
Naruto frowned. “What the heck do you mean by that, Neiji-kun?”
 
“He means, idiot that you have to learn affairs of court.” Tsunade glared at the boy. “Which isn't a bad idea in your part.” She pointed an accusing finger at him. “If you're going to be Hokage someday, you need to learn how to handle that blasted council.”
 
Naruto huffed. “Fine…Okay, whatever…”
 
There were agreed stares all around. It was a good plan.
 
Sakura stared at Neiji for a long moment. His clan was pledged to protect her and Naruto? Why now of all times?
 
“Alright…” Tsunade stood. “I'll tell the council that you all had gone on missions, but I won't tell them where. None of them would ever think to look in the Hyuga compound, at least for a while. It should give us all time to…find the traitor sort to speak.”
 
“When you do let us know…” Naruto growled. “I wanna piece of him.”
 
Tsunade smirked. “You'll be the first to know.” She patted Sakura's head. “It'll be alright, okay?” She looked at Raye. “Just how long until the…merger?”
 
Raye shrugged. “It's unclear, Ami?”
 
Ami shook her head. “Not even I could predict that…It will happen when it happens. Until it happens, I suggest house arrest.”
 
“Agreed.” Gaara added in, expressing everyone's thoughts.
 
This time, Sakura didn't argue. She was going to do whatever necessary until the day she wouldn't need help anymore.
 
“We'll meet at the Hyuga gate in one hour.” Neiji took charge, after all this was his plan anyway. “Bring the essentials only. If you need an excuse, say it's a confidential mission. It'll be a good story to go along with Lady Hokage's claims of us all on missions.” There were nods all around. “Alright, let's go.”
 
After everyone had left, Naruto and Sakura raced up to their rooms to pack. Raye had gone with the other ancestors to get the casket, leaving Naruto and Sakura in the hands of Neiji, Sasuke, and the Suna ninja on the roof top. Hinata had left for the compound to inform her father what was to happen.
 
Sakura couldn't believe this was happening. She was practically running away from her problems instead of facing them head on. Her hand touched the bandaged on her neck, the evidence that the cave incident had indeed happened. She stopped packing due to her shoulders shaking, that day was the scariest experience Sakura had ever had to go through.
 
“Do you need any help?” His voice nearly made her jump with fright. Sasuke was at the door, leaning against the door frame.
 
Quickly she went back to work, shaking her head. She wasn't able to speak at the moment.
 
He must have been able to sense her distress for he had walked silently into the room, grabbed her arm gently. Confused green eyes stared at black, concerned ones.
 
“I'm not going to let anything happen to you.” He promised her. “Or the dobe, got it?” She nodded slowly. “I'm…sorry for calling you weak.”
 
She blinked. Did…Did Sasuke…just…apologize?
 
Whoa.
 
“I…it's okay, Sasuke-kun.” She smiled. “You were just saying the truth.” She tugged at her arm, but he held it securely in his hand. “Sasuke, I need my arm back to pack…”
 
“Sakura…” His voice stilled her. “Do you still want to help me?”
 
She paused, remembering the pledge she made to him those many years ago. “Well…Yes…”
 
He paused. “Then…when all of this is over…” His hand touched a strand of her hair gently. “I want you to marry me.”
 
She froze, her mouth wide open. He just…proposed to her! Like it was no big deal or anything!
 
“Think it over.” He let her arm go. “No need for an answer yet.”
 
It was then that Naruto burst into the room, Sakura was so thankful to see her blonde cousin.
 
“You all ready?” He looked between the two, frowning. “What's going on?”
 
“Nothing.” Sasuke grabbed Sakura's bag. “Let's get going.” He headed for the door, but was stopped by a frowning Neiji.
 
The Hyuga had heard everything.
 
Knowing this, Sasuke smirked. “Something wrong, Hyuga?”
 
The Hyuga eyed him. “No…” He turned from Sasuke's triumphant gaze to the moon clan cousins. “We should hurry.”
 
Naruto smiled at the Hyuga. “Thanks for helping, Neiji!” He scratched his head in confusion. “But…I'm kinda confused…If you knew about all this before hand, why not tell us? Or why did you beat me to a pulp in the exams?”
 
“I was not informed.” Neiji bowed. “I am sorry for all that I said to you.”
 
The Kyuubi container waved him off. “No big deal…” He grinned. “Let's go! I've never been in the Hyuga compound before. Sounds cool!”
 
The Hyuga rose, nodded. As they exited the house, Neiji's mind worked out a plan to stop Sasuke's influence on Sakura and Naruto. He needed to stop it fast…especially sense Sasuke had just proposed to the one girl Neiji had to keep away from him. However, Sakura's reaction to the proposal was quite different than Neiji had suspected. She was quite shocked. Perhaps this would not be difficult after all.
 
He sure hoped so, because to him, this was a very hard mission, for he had never had to deal with the aspects of love before.
 
He hoped for the sake of the world, that he could stop Sasuke from playing the love card. Otherwise, the world would be controlled by a heartless, dark Sasuke Uchiha. Neiji decided he would do all in his power to prevent such from happening…
 
Even if it meant directing Sakura's possible infatuation of Sasuke to someone else.
 
Meanwhile, Sai went back to the ROOTS compound. He knew exactly who the traitor was and it did not make him feel at ease.
 
Sai found the man in question in a meditative trance.
 
“Why did you do it?” Sai asked the leader of the ROOTS organization.
 
Danzo opened his eyes, stood before his nephew.
 
“I knew she would be safe…because I knew you all would go to her rescue…” He frowned. “You were not the one that rescued her…”
 
Sai frowned. “I see…” It was all a ploy!? How far would Danzo go to get what he wanted!? Did he really care what would happen to Sakura!?
 
“I was only trying to help, Sai…” Danzo replied to the boy's deep glare. “Women are fickle creatures. And usually, they end up in love with the man that rescues them from harm.” He crossed his arms. “Tell me, Sai…what emotion are you feeling now?”
 
“I want to rip your head off.” Sai replied rather bluntly, with pure anger in his voice. He knew it was anger he was feeling because Sakura always glared at him when she was mad. Sai knew his face was scrunched up in a glare for he remembered practicing such in a mirror one day.
 
“Good…I see your star seed is working…” Danzo headed toward the door. “I suppose we shall have to try again…I will inform—“
 
Danzo didn't have the chance to finish his sentence. The sharp ice crystals came at him full force, pinning him to the wall. Dazed by the sudden attack, the ROOTS leader shook his head to clear his thoughts. The room became clear once more…along with the figure before him.
 
The teen was dressing in blue pants and turtle-neck, his skin whiter than snow. He walked into the light of the room, his dark eyes boring upon Danzo.
 
“A wondrous transformation, Sai…” Danzo smiled. “You will make a great king someday…”
 
The transformed teen raised his hand, stared coldly at his former master and uncle.
 
“You will not harm her again.”
 
About forty five minutes later, Sai walked into Tsunade's office. The Fifth Hokage stared at the boy in wonder.
 
“What do you want, Sai?” Tsunade asked.
 
“You will find the traitor in the main household of the ROOTS compound…”
 
The Slug lady raised an eyebrow. “I see…So it was Danzo…” She leaned back into her chair. “Should I send a cleaning crew then?”
 
“It would be suggested…” He bowed to her, turned to leave. “He suffered for his sin, Lady Hokage...”
 
She smirked. “Good.” She frowned. “Naruto is going to be mad that you didn't give him a shot.”
 
“He will get over it…Good day, Lady Hokage.” With that he left the office to head for the Hino residence. Now he was without a leader to tell him what to do, Sai was now able to choose how he would handle his mission.
 
He would protect Sakura and even Naruto from Sasuke Uchiha…Even if it meant killing the last Sharingon user.
 
 
Next Time: New Home, New Help