Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ New Home, New Help ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I got the best review EVER! Someone said that this story was much deeper than other crossover stories. I really am glad you all really like this story and I like it too. I am going to post two chapters this week because I was unable to upload any this past weekend. Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series, but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!
 
 
 
New Home, New Help
 
Though the Hyuga clan only had one hour to prepare, when the Hikari group and the ancestors walked through the gates of the Hyuga compound, it felt as though the clan had weeks to prepare for their arrival.
 
Many of the Hyuga clan members lined the streets at attention as the Hikari group walked in. Sakura and Naruto had taken the lead, at the request of Neiji. It was very daunting to see all those iris-less eyes stare at you as though inspecting your very being. Sakura had to grip onto Naruto for comfort, though Naruto wasn't all that comfortable either.
 
Hinata had directed them to the main household where Lord Hyuga stood waiting along with others of his family, dressed in their best robes for the occasion. The Lord bowed slightly to the cousins.
 
“We have been waiting for this day for a long time…” He said. “Please accept our hospitality, clan of the moon.” He gestured to his house. “My home is your home. Your court may stay in my brother's home.” He frowned. “Where are the ancestors?”
 
They appeared moments later in a circle of light. In the center of their circle was the coffin.
 
It was the first time the court of the moon had seen the crystal coffin. The woman inside was breathtaking, certainly not from this world. It was amazing to witness such a site…the beautiful woman within did not appear dead, merely sleeping under the crystal coffin.
 
“Nice ancestor…” Gala whistled.
 
Naruto grinned. “Yep! That's our great-great grandma!”
 
The Neo-Queen had been placed within the family shrine, a barrier placed up so that none without star seeds could enter. For extra protection, Lord Hyuga had placed two Hyuga guards at the door.
 
Sakura was awed by the treatment she had been given. Upon being escorted to her room in the main household, Hinata's younger sister helped her out of her clothes and into the Hyuga robes. Sakura couldn't very well disrespect the clan so she remained silent as the little girl placed the gray robes on Sakura's form.
 
Apparently, the clan had been watching Sakura closely, for the robes needed no alterations. They fit her as though they were meant to be lain upon her. The pink haired girl felt a little uncomfortable about this, but she had to ease it down. They stated they had vowed to protect her and her family…Wait…Where were they when her mother was murdered?
 
Seeming to know what Sakura was thinking, Hinata's younger sister frowned.
 
“I'm sorry what happened to your mother…” She said. “My father tried to help, but the people he sent were already too late.”
 
“It's…okay I guess…” Sakura frowned. “You know I am not going to get used to this…treatment…”
 
The young girl smiled. “Oh come on! It'll be fun!”
 
Her smile was catching for Sakura smiled as well. “I guess so…”
 
After everyone had settled into their new surroundings, more training had begun; only Gaara remained planted at the entrance to the main house. He had called off the Suna ninja in the hour they were getting ready to come here. He was not going to risk anymore kidnappings; hence Sakura never left his sight. Naruto was with the others and could take care of himself, however his cousin needed Gaara the most. At first, the sand lord thought all of this was ridiculous, but now, with his star seen burning brightly he was sure this was the right path.
 
His charge had just walked out of the house, wearing the gray robes of the Hyuga clan. She was shocked for a moment upon seeing him, but relaxed moments later. She sat upon the porch, staring at the sky. Gaara remembered the pink haired girl many times before. She had stopped him from killing the Uchiha during the chunin exams, she had saved Kankurou with her medical skills, and she had been there when he himself had nearly died. Now Gaara himself was protecting her, seemed it had gone full circle now.
 
She sighed in boredom though he couldn't blame her, he would be bored as well if in her position.
 
“This sucks.” She muttered. “I bet you think I'm weak now.” She was obviously speaking to him but afraid to speak face to face. Gaara had the urge to roll his eyes in annoyance. He was getting tired of this `I'm weak now everyone hates me' rant.
 
“Get over it.” Gaara frowned. “It is only temporary.”
 
She sighed. “Yeah, I know…” She hugged herself. “I guess you don't really understand much…You've always been strong, me…well you know.” She hugged her knees to her chest. “It's not very fun when the people around you are strong and you are weak. People get annoyed because they have to protect you…They…even leave you.”
 
She must be talking about the Uchiha. What brought this up anyway? At that point, Gaara really did roll his eyes. Girls were such idiots.
 
“Makes me wonder what will happen when I become strong…” She frowned. “Would he leave and take me with him?”
 
Gaara raised an eyebrow. “And just why would he take you with him if he ever left?” Like that was going to happen.
 
She paused. “He…proposed to me.”
 
That was interesting news; the Uchiha wanted to marry her. Again came the snort. Love was such a stupid emotion, it was obvious the Uchiha didn't love her, he just wanted her strength.
 
She sighed again. “I have to remind myself that Sasuke isn't who he used to be…” Her chin rested on her knees. “He only wants me to be a baby machine.” She laughed. “Crazy isn't it? All my life I wanted him to notice me, wanted him to love me, and now I've got my dream come true but…” She frowned. “I have to take into account the reality.” It was now that she turned her head to stare at him. “What do you think I should do, Gaara?”
 
“Dump him.” Gaara blurted out the words instantly before he knew what he was saying. “He's not worth it.”
 
Sakura was a little awe struck, she hadn't expected him to answer or for that matter, answer so quickly.
 
“I guess you're right…” Her gaze turned back to the clouds above. “I know now why Shikamaru likes to look at the clouds so much…it's pretty…peaceful.”
 
It was silent between them for a good long while; Gaara watching Sakura, Sakura watching the clouds.
 
That is, until the kunai shot from the air.
 
Gaara grabbed Sakura before the kunai could make its mark. He pulled her to him, instantly transformed with the gourd on his back.
 
“Where did it come from?” She asked, trying to look, but his hand pushed her head back to his chest. She blushed crimson.
 
“Be silent.” He warned as his eyes darted around them. “There are three of them.”
 
“So you're the bitch that stole my-er-our Sasuke-kun!” A woman with badly needed brush hair stood on one of the roof tops with two others at her side.
 
“Geez, Karin,” The one on her right rolled his eyes, “she's obviously got a boyfriend. Duh.”
 
The other man was silently gazing at them. “Haven't we…met her before Suigetsu?”
 
That name…Sakura's eyes widened. She remembered that name on a mission to get Sasuke. She and the others had been bombarded by a couple of people who stated they were with Sasuke.
 
This was team Hebi, team snake…Sasuke's old team.
 
Now Sakura was again scared. It was the same feeling as the cave incident. Would they kill her? Would Sasuke order them to kill her?
 
Feeling her unease, Gaara uncharacteristically patted her head.
 
“Calm down.” His words soothed her to a point, but a small ounce of fear still lingered within her.
 
“I don't care!” Karin pouted. “There's no way Sasuke-kun would leave me-er-US for that pink haired idiot!”
 
It was Sakura who growled. It took all of Gaara's strength to keep her still.
 
“Come here and say that you b—“ Gaara's sand colored shirt muffled her voice quickly. Sakura ranted and raved. Oh she was SO kicking that red head bitch's butt once she was strong again!
 
“You have no business here. Leave.” Gaara growled in frustration. How the HELL did they find them!? For that matter, where the HELL were those idiot Hyugas!?
 
“Karin, Juugo, Suigetsu…” Gaara's head whipped to the right. Sasuke was there, glaring at his former team.
 
Karin's eyes instantly turned to hearts. “Sasuke-kun!” She shook her head to rid the hearts away. “We've come to rescue you!”
 
“Annoying as ever…” Sasuke muttered. “Get down here NOW.”
 
The three followed his orders, standing before him with Gaara and Sakura behind him. Gaara's grip on Sakura never wavered.
 
“I don't need rescuing.” Sasuke paused. “But…you all might be useful.” He looked over his shoulder at Gaara. “They're going to help.”
 
Gaara growled. “My ass.”
 
“Karin can sense chakra,” Sasuke explained, “Juugo is very tame as long as he is not angry, and Suigetsu…” He frowned, turned to the sword wielding man. “You're staying away from her.”
 
The man shrugged. “Fine by me.” He grinned over Sasuke shoulder. “Nice…Didn't think she was a princess…When did that happen?”
 
Juugo paused and quickly bowed to Sakura. “Sorry! We didn't know you were a princess!”
 
Sakura rolled her eyes. “Neither did I until recently…” She muttered into Gaara's shirt.
 
“You can let her go now, Gaara…” Sasuke stated.
 
“Who the hell died and made you leader?” Gaara glared at him. Sasuke smirked.
 
“This wouldn't have anything to do with my proposal…Would it? My, the sand lord seems to be…jealous…” Sasuke chuckled.
 
“Alright knock it off!” Sakura managed to move her head so that now her cheek was pressed to Gaara's shirt. “Gaara, please let me go, Sasuke…get over yourself!” She huffed when Gaara didn't move. “Gaara…please?”
 
Gaara paused and let her go though he still kept his hands on her shoulders. Sakura rolled her eyes, put her hands on her hips.
 
“Look, it's not like I wanted this to happen, it just did.” Sakura was speaking to team Hebi who had to look over Sasuke to see her. “If Sasuke trusts you, then I have to. Not like I have any choice in the matter.” She glared at Sasuke's back. “And that was low Sasuke, who said I was going to agree to your proposal? I have not decided yet!” She shrugged off Gaara's hands. “Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to rant and rave in my room and if ANY of you try coming in I'm going to throw every piece of furniture at your HEADS!” Then she stormed away, muttering curses of `stupid freaking overprotective guardians' and `crazy idiots with red hair'.
 
Suigetsu grinned. “I LIKE her! She's got spunk!”
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes, Gaara glowered at the three newcomers. Gaara's stare gave a silent promise to team Hebi…
 
Touch Sakura, and die.
 
 
Next Time: Choice
 
Things are about to heat up now that Team Hebi is here ::grins::…