Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Portrait ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I know Halloween was yesterday but to celebrate it, I'm gonna give you all two chapters ::smiles::. Happy Belated Halloween!
 
Disclaimers: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon Series but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME.
 
 
Portrait
 
The news spread like wild fire of the new additions to team Hikari or the court as the Hyugas called them. This news did not bode well for Sai. By the looks of things, Sasuke was starting to place control under his hand. With his old team here, there would be a good chance Sasuke would succeed.
 
Hence, Sai decided to immediately enact his mission. After all, he had the `support' as it were from the others to go ahead, especially from Gaara and Neiji. Sai knew Neiji would try and stop him, Gaara…well the artist was unsure about him.
 
These thoughts and more had Sai sitting in a room, books scattered all over. He had read nearly four books in the past couple of days for research purposes. This research was done after training with his ancestor, Ami. It was vital research to complete his mission the late Danzo had given him. And now that Sasuke was starting to enact his control on everything, Sai knew he needed to complete his mission without fail...Or the world just might go to hell.
 
Sai's mission was simple yet hard: make Sakura fall in love with him. He though, added another part to the mission…one he hoped he wouldn't have enact…
 
It involved a death…the death of a certain Sharingon user.
 
Putting the thought aside, Sai went back to his studies. He deduced from his readings that the emotion called `love' was a very complicated emotion to delve in. It could make or break someone in a span of mere seconds. He would definitely have to be careful with this one…especially since Sakura saw him as nothing more than an annoying teammate.
 
A gift made by someone's talent, one book read, is always the most treasured gift of all…Sai knew then just what he could do to help cement Sakura's heart towards him.
 
“You…You want to draw me?” Sai had found the pink haired girl in the court yard of the Hyuga clan's main household about a few hours later. A young Hyuga beside was her, possibly her appointed hand maiden.
 
“Yes.” Sai knew she would be a little shocked at his request.
 
After all, why would someone want to draw something they believed to be ugly?
 
Sakura raised an eyebrow at him and had confirmed his suspicions. “I thought you said I was ugly…you've been calling me that ever since you got onto our team.”
 
This time, Sai answered truthfully. “I read a book that stated someone does not like to be called that which they are. So, I thought you would be happy if I called you ugly.”
 
Sakura paused at this for a brief moment before a tint of red spread against her cheeks.
 
“So…you…you think I'm pretty?” She looked at her hands in embarrassment. “Wow…I…Wow…No one's ever thought that of me before.” She looked up to him, smiled. “I would love you to draw me, Sai. Can Hinata's sister be in it too?” She gestured to the girl beside her.
 
“Oh no!” Hinata's sister stated. “It should just be you, Sakura-hime!” the entire clan had started to call Sakura that the moment she and Naruto entered the compound. Now Sakura was `Sakura-hime' and Naruto was `Naruto-ouijii', and no matter how much Sakura complained, the clan would not back down on the names. Naruto however was eating it up like no tomorrow.
 
“Ooo…It could be you and Naruto-ouijii!” Hinata's young sister smiled. “It will be like the painting in the shrine but the future rulers!”
 
Sakura seemed to like that idea a lot and asked Sai if Naruto could also be in the painting. Sai agreed; anything to get Sakura to like him.
 
Luck was with the painter that day for Naruto didn't want any part of being drawn, so it was only Sakura who Sai would draw. It would be perfect, just him and her. He already knew the perfect place for scenery of the drawing.
 
He let Sakura's maid know where he would draw her and asked if she could dress Sakura appropriately. The girl all too well agreed, happy to help in making a portrait of her future queen.
 
The spot Sai chose was on a hill, a Sakura tree in full bloom hanging its branches over head. Sai eyed the spot at every angle, the artist in him working in overdrive. Though this was a way to complete a mission, Sai was still the serious artist he always was.
 
Sakura had been taken to the spot at the correct time, dressed in an elegant regal kimono, the kind with layers upon layers underneath. Gold, white, and pink were the colors that were chosen, while her hair was intricately done atop her head in the most amazing, most regal hairstyle Sai had ever seen.
 
He found that his breath had caught in his throat upon seeing her state. What did that mean exactly? The books he read stated that one usually has the sensation of the inability to breathe when one gazes upon someone who is attractive. Did this mean that Sai truly believed Sakura was not just pretty…but attractive?
 
Unaware of the confusion within her teammate, Sakura had been awed by the spot.
 
“It's…beautiful…” she breathed out. When her gaze finally caught him, she paused then blushed. “Oh…sorry, Sai…” Said blush began to redden. “I hope I look alright…I think she went a little overboard though.”
 
Sai smiled. “It is fine…” He gestured to the tree. “Please have a seat.”
 
He positioned her as he wished to get the best drawing he could of her. He ended up having her leaning against the Sakura tree, looking up through the branches. Her hand was lifted upward as if to catch petals that fell from said tree.
 
“Don't move.” He told her then quickly began to draw the sight before him.
 
There was silence between them; the only real sound was Sai's pencil as it glided across the paper. Sakura was excited with the idea of being drawn, yet she was also confused as to why Sai wanted to draw her in the first place. It was almost…sweet of him…
 
It took Sai less than an hour to finish. The sound of his pencil stopping told Sakura to relax. Anxiously, she waited for Sai to show her the picture. He was staring at it with deep concentration.
 
“Sai?”
 
Sai stood, walked over to Sakura. He handed her the drawing as he sat down beside her.
 
Sakura was amazed! It was so beautiful! Was this how he really saw her? A beautiful princess?
 
“Sakura…” It was weird to hear her name on his voice. Slowly she turned her gaze to him.
“How do you like it?”
 
She gripped the picture close to her heart, smiling, she said, “Its beautiful…Thank you Sai…”
 
He stared at her, reading every expression on her face. She liked it, okay, perhaps the next step?
 
“Then…” What was this? He was unsure? Did this mean he was…nervous? “If it is okay…May I paint you?”
 
Sakura had done a double take. A painting? Of her?
 
“Of course!” She suddenly hugged the emotionless artist. “I'm going to tell Raye-san and Naruto! You are the best, Sai! Keep acting like this!” Then she stood and walked away.
 
Sai watched her leave. When she was out of sight, the young man placed a hand over his heart. His body was warm after she had hugged him…It was a good kind of warm, one he wanted to experience again.
 
His cheeks felt as though they were burning. Could he be blushing? What did all of this mean? Was he sick?
 
Thinking such, he went to his ancestor and explained his symptoms. The scout of ice and mist smiled kindly at him.
 
“You are not sick, Sai.” She stated. “You are in love.”
 
Sai paused…He was…In love?
 
Suddenly his mission didn't seem like a mission at all, Now it felt like something else.
 
What it was, he was unsure but he knew at least one thing…He wanted to be near Sakura again…talk with her again, draw and paint her...And quite possibly…Love her.
 
 
 
Next Time: Twin Consultation