Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Twin Consultation ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let me just say this is an experimental chapter. I wrote this one day thinking about what someone said in their review about Gaara not knowing what to do with his feelings. Thanks for the inspiration! I hope you like it!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!
 
 
 
Twin Consultation
 
He could not believe he agreed to this, couldn't believe it had crossed his mind, but it had to be done. Sakura had to get her attention towards someone other than the Uchiha.
 
Gaara had no idea how to handle this…Love was a stupid emotion anyway, and this situation was good proof to that fact. Sasuke was leading Sakura on, knowing she had some form of feelings for him thus granting him access to possibly becoming stronger than anyone on Earth.
 
With the little conversation Gaara had with Sakura, one in which Sakura did most of talking; it seemed she knew the Uchiha's plans. The sand lord wouldn't doubt she would figure it out…She was smart. Gaara suspected though she was having a hard time deciding whether or not to even trust Sasuke. At least she wasn't a totally idiot.
 
Gaara, on the other hand, was an idiot when it came to…well…THAT word. Just thinking about that word made him touch the tattoo upon his forehead. Though he had gotten better at accepting things like friends, he was still very hesitant when love was involved. Now he had to get a girl to…
 
The same girl he spoke of was currently walking down below with the vein of everyone's existence at her side. The sight made Gaara cringe, his fists turning white as he gripped the railing so tightly it would more than likely break if he didn't let go.
 
“What's gotten your bunches out of wack?” Gala saw him on the balcony of his room, apparently looking for him.
 
His twin sister was officially wearing on his nerves. There were days Gaara wished he was an only child…this being one of those particular days.
 
“Oh I get it…it's your `alone time'.” She quoted him in a deep voice in order to mock him. “Get a grip will you?” It was apparent the girl had no idea what her brother went through all his life; on a personal note, Gaara was sort of glad she hadn't.
 
The girl leaned on the railing, her head cushioned on her arms.
 
“You know, this is kinda cool and all, but you are so not what I was expecting in brother material…” She said. “I half expected you to show at least a little emotion.” She grinned. “After all, ya gotta show some kinda emotion if you want to get the girl.”
 
The Kazekage froze. How…?
 
She playfully hit him in the shoulder. “You can't fool family…Duh…It's plastered all over your face.” She chuckled. “So, who's the girl huh?” She looked down, her eyes grew wide. “No way…Cool!”
 
For the second time in his life, Gaara rolled his eyes. If women were idiots, sisters were complete and utter annoyances.
 
“Let me guess, you have not idea what to do…” Gala hummed for a moment in thought. “Okay, then answer me this: Why do you look like you're gonna kill Sasuke?”
 
Pause.
 
“You know as well as I…” Gaara chose his words carefully or Gala would bug him more. “What the Uchiha's plans are. No one is that dumb to not see it.” He paused. “Well…all except for Uzamaki of course.”
 
Gala nodded. “Alright, you got me there…” She smirked. “And you want to…persuade her to look at someone else huh? Perhaps maybe you?”
 
Gaara abruptly turned in the intent to return to the inside to get away from his annoying sister and to get downstairs to break the awkward princess/guardian couple apart. “Love is stupid. It is not needed.”
 
“That's bull and deep down you know it!” Gala shouted, making Gaara stop in his tracks. “Take Naruto and Sakura…Their whole line was built on a love that stood through ages of time and look at them now! They may be the last of their clan but the main basis is still there…” She stood between him and the door. “Don't you get it already? If you protect Naruto and Sakura, you're protecting the one thing you hate and that is the little four letter word that starts with L.”
 
He hadn't thought of it that way…Naruto and Sakura's clan started with a couple that beat time to stay together. Could the moon clan really be a clan of love? And if so…
 
Once again, his hand reached for the tattoo upon his forehead but it was stopped suddenly by Gala's hand.
 
“I don't know what happened, Gaara.” She said to him. “But Setsuna said our dad was one mean bastard.” She frowned at her twin brother. “If you continue to deny what's right before you then our dad has won.”
 
That struck a cord deep within Gaara. He did not want his bastard of a father to win at anything. So then, in order to beat him…
 
Gaara had to open his heart.
 
“You tell me right now, Gaara…When you see Sakura, tell me exactly what you feel.” Gala's voice rang in his ear. “And I will tell you exactly what it means.”
 
Without a word Gaara went back to the balcony. Sakura and Sasuke were still there but they were now sitting together. Sakura looked very uncomfortable while Sasuke simply sat as though he were guarding a precious jewel. It was an awkward thing to see.
 
“She saved Kankurou…” Gaara didn't need to turn around to know Gala was behind him. “She was there when I died and was brought back…”
 
“That means she cares, Gaara.” Gala explained.
 
Could Sakura really care about him? The pieces seemed to say such, but they barely knew each other.
 
“She cares because she knows Naruto cares.” It was possible Sakura merely cared for him to keep Naruto happy. Yes, that had to be the answer, his mind would tell him.
 
Gala shook her head. “That could have been the reason in the beginning…You don't have to know someone long to care for them Gaara.” She smiled down at Sakura. “Setsuna told me that the moon clan has one thing that no one else could ever have…That's a pure soul and heart. They would do any and everything to save others, even at the risk of their own lives.” She grinned. “That's why they need a court! So that they don't do anything stupid.”
 
Sheer proof that Naruto and Sakura were indeed of the moon clan; those two would go to hell and back just to save a friend. Did this mean that Gaara was protecting creatures of light?
 
Gaara frowned. “Sakura Haruno is not stupid. Fragile, yes, but not stupid.” He looked down below. “She knows his intentions yet her heart is telling her otherwise.”
 
“Ah…got it.” Gala nudged him. “So you DO care for her huh? Wow…that's weird…”
 
The once container froze. Did he really care about Sakura? Or was it his star seed that was forcing him to…feel this way?
 
Deciding the later, he said as coldly as he could muster, “It is only the star given onto us that makes us feel this way, Gala. Get it through your head.”
 
The girl paused in her reaction. She frowned.
 
“Gaara, the star seed only tells us to protect them…Sasuke is a prime example.”
 
Gaara raised an eyebrow. “Of what exactly?
 
“That just because you are protecting someone, doesn't mean you care for them.” She smiled a gentle smile, a rarity to her. “Caring comes from the heart, Gaara. Not from some stupid star.”
 
She got him there. Sasuke had a star within just like everyone else, yet he showed no signs of caring towards Sakura, and he was born with one at that. Gaara's star seed was given to him.
 
“Now I'll ask again…Tell me what you feel when you see Sakura. Look at her right now and tell me exactly what you feel.”
 
Gaara paused for a long time.
 
“Something stirs within…I am…not sure of it…” His eyes hardened slightly in a small second of anger. “But it makes me want to kill the Uchiha.”
 
“Okay…” Gala stood next to her brother. “You're either jealous or over protective.” She chuckled. “I'd say a bit of both.” She smacked him on the back then began to head back into the house. “A good combination…Just don't get too jealous or she'll hate you for it.”
 
Jealous? Gaara, the once fear sand lord…was jealous? Did he really want to be there beside Sakura like Sasuke was, but have her not feel so awkward like she was with the Uchiha?
 
Yes, he did…
 
And Gaara had no idea how to accomplish that.
 
 
Next Time: Break on Life